Thread: training etc.

mgmau11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

training etc.

alright .. here goes

basically just started back into workouts after some major surgeries (hit in stomach on fair catch in football, damaged some preexisting scar tissue i had from surgeries when i was younger ) and was out of the gym for nearly 7 months; lost alot of strength and weight . i have previously been following my high school then college's work out plans for football and made decent gains.. but after the injury i want to go from an athletic body built for speed ( i was a tailback) to a body building physique. I've been working out on my own for about 3 months and have made decent gains but looking for help as far as work out plan and nutrition.

stats
    height: 5'7
    weight: 167
    body fat: roughly 9 percent

diet
    8 am whey shake ( ON whey 1 scoop ) and 1/2 bananna
    8:45 3/4 cup oat meal 2 whole eggs 2 egg weights
    11:30 weight gain shake ( iso-mass extreme gainer 2 scoops with 14 oz 2% milk)
    2: can tuna or chicken breast and cup of brown rice.. occasionaly 1/2 cup of broccoli depending on time i have to cook
    4: pre work out meal.. 1 med sweet potato with 4 oz lean beef... or bagel with pnutbutter, usually the first depending on time
    6:30 postwork out 2 scoops dark matter by mhp in water
    7:30 1/2 cup brown rice and chicken usually 6 oz.
    9 casein shake 2 scoops gnc brand... or cottage cheese ( which would be better ?)

supplementation ( note i work at GNC *ducks* so i get pretty decent discounts and free returns so alot of the products are found there which i know isn't the best selection )

ON whey ( 1 scoop in morning with water )
    iso mass extreme gainer ( 2 scoops in after noon with milk
    methyl 1-D ( 3 tabs spread through out day waking... pre workout... post workout )
    i take 6 g glutamine extra with dosages of pre post and bedtime 2 g each
    beta alanine pre and post workout (forgot dosages but w,e is on bottle its 2 pills each time)
    and zma at night time 30 mins after casein shake
    mv in morning ( mega men sport )
    dark matter by mhp post workout

few quick questions
    1) i read zma and calcium compete for receptors.. but my zma (gnc brand) contains calcium carbonate... is this a waste of supplement?
    2) im mostly trying to gain muscle while keeping the fat low.. i know this is tough to do and i'm okay with getting alittle fat while bulking.. but should i add more calories?
    3) drinking around 3/4 gal water a day..is that enough with the amount of creatine im taking ?
    4) im running the methyl 1-d for a month... .due to getting free returns i have some novedex xt and arima test sitting around... should i take either of those during the cycle of methyl 1-d? or use novedex for a PCT after the methyl and try arima test later ... etc.

workout routine

2 days on 1 day off..

cycle 1 ( 1st day legs 2nd day chest and tris)
    cycle 2 ( 1st day back and bi's 2nd day core and plyometrics/sprints)
    cycle 3 ( 1st day olympic lifts 2nd day shoulders, traps, fore arms)

abs are done on off days... 20 mins HIIT cardio on my work out days .. all workouts focus on compound movements 5x5... with some iso workout to finish off

tips or things i should change about routine? i do like to keep the olympic lifts in there i've found it keeps me athletic ( i still like to play the occasional game of rugby or tackle football) and really gives me a hell of a workout

and feedback or additional information needed would be really appreciated guys thanks !

Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hopetowin19 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Seems good, keep it up for a while, and I'm sure if youre at a Div. III school you could walk on a football team for next season. Just have heart. If you go for a BB physique good luck. Definitely lift though, a skim through and no lifts.

Edit: Misread, look on the Sports training board for some of your questions if your looking for that. I want to see your progress though so keep posting.
    Last edited by Hopetowin19; 01-04-2009 at 07:31 PM.

mgmau11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks man.. i'll have pics up and getting measurements and all tomorrow ( first day on here )