Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

A Female Miscer's Journey through Weight Loss

So I finally decided to do a journal. ****, I've wanted this for wayy too long and the time is now. If your with me still after all the female rambling, then I thank you.

My first attempt started in Summer 2007. I began working out (just cardio) after a full life of being overweight and never doing sports (biggest regret). I did cardio 5x a week for an hour at the gym and walked between 2-4 miles a day. It was the most liberating movement I have ever made. I began eating smaller portions then went on to just eating clean. It took some time and I lost almost 40 lbs in about 9 months or so. I cheated here and there, and then I fell off the wagon and haven't been on it for longer than 2 weeks ever since. That same summer I quit smoking, it was very difficult to do but it was worth being able to breath when I ran on the treadmill. I gained back some weight and have been like a yo-yo for the past 4 months, from keto to low carb to starving myself - all sorts of extremes. I'm done doing it the wrong way.

The most important reason I need to do this is because I will be 25 in August and I can't see myself continue on the same path that I'm on. Being this weight is unhealthy, physically hurts and has had a detrimental effect on my self-esteem. With this journal I'm really putting myself out there and at this point I have to. So come on board if you'd like to watch me through this tough journey to a healthy body. Now for the specs:

Weight: 233 lbs
    Height: 5'10
    Bodyfat: 38.7%

I will even post my pictures so I can remind myself what I look like right now. For Nutrition I will start out by doing low-carb (for a jump start/2 weeks) and then add on whole grains into my diet. Everything will be lean and totally clean (back to buying fresh veggies).

As for exercise, this is a toughy. I enjoy cardio very much. I have the option to go to Ballys near work and I have barbells at home. I just purchased an instructional DVD called Shaping Up with weights for DUMMIES. I did a trial run and it goes through 12 types of exercises:

Squat
    Lunge
    Pile Squat
    One-Arm Row
    Triceps One-Arm Overhead Extension
    Overhead Press
    Biceps Curl
    Shoulder Raises
    Bentover Fly
    Push-up
    Crunch
    Oblique Crunch

Some of these I'm already familiar with but the video focuses on proper form. It does 2 sets of 12 reps for each of these exercises. I will use the video until I feel comfortable enough with each one to do a routine on my own.
    I will update on what that routine will be when I make the transition.

I wanted to get all the intro out of the way. I will begin my new way of eating tomorrow as well as using the video 3x a week. I will also do cardio as often as possible. This time though, I will try to replace doing cardio alone with group activities such as ice skating. Hopefully I'll have a great body this summer.

My ultimate goal is to be healthy and look normal. First goals: get all the flab off, under 30% bf and at least under 200 lb. Then it's time to re-evaluate and set new goals. I know the normal weight for my height is in the range of 145-170 so anywhere in that range will be A-OKAY for me in terms of final product.

Well, I'll be back tomorrow.

brb getting bigger than u algforcek's Avatar
    algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50)

First

Glad you started a journal! I will be watching you

Form is everything.

Weight is nothing.

Diet trumps all.

You may be able to get a free session or two with a trainer, always a bonus.

Cannot wait to see progress pics in a few mos!

Good luck,
    SPonge
    Hi JeNN!
    My weightloss journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111720161
    Cheat Meals: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111993701

DopeEfX is a name known to all. (+5000) DopeEfX is a name known to all. (+5000) DopeEfX is a name known to all. (+5000) DopeEfX is a name known to all. (+5000) DopeEfX is a name known to all. (+5000) DopeEfX is a name known to all. (+5000) DopeEfX is a name known to all. (+5000) DopeEfX is a name known to all. (+5000) DopeEfX is a name known to all. (+5000) DopeEfX is a name known to all. (+5000) DopeEfX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All it takes is the right state of mind and you can accomplish anything you set your heart on. Stay on the course! If u ever need to chat about diet or training hit me up I've got some pretty good advice.
    Proud Member of the "I lost 200 Pounds Club"!
    My Weight loss support group page: https://www.********.com/pages/Phoenix-Reborn-Nutrition-Training/

MMMC-Lower Middle Management.

KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KP7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by algforcek View Post
    Glad you started a journal! I will be watching you

Form is everything.

Weight is nothing.

Diet trumps all.

You may be able to get a free session or two with a trainer, always a bonus.

Cannot wait to see progress pics in a few mos!

Good luck,
    SPonge
    Thanks for the advice and support, I'll look into the free training sessions
    Originally Posted by DopeEfX View Post
    All it takes is the right state of mind and you can accomplish anything you set your heart on. Stay on the course! If u ever need to chat about diet or training hit me up I've got some pretty good advice.
    This is very true, thanks.

Okay so I haven't been very good which is why I haven't been reporting but - I'm done hiding lol... Here is the diet for today. Workouts haven't been successful, I got hurt (I've always had a bad back) while carrying some boxes at work. I thought I was fine but I felt the pain the next day, today I could barely walk this morning - so I called out - it takes ALOT for me to call out of work so this sucks.

Here is the diet for today:

Breakfast
    2 organic Oatmeal packets;

Lunch
    1 grilled chicken breast; 1 cup of whole wheat pasta w/ 2 slices of cheese

Snack
    6 oz tuna; 1 tbsp mayo; 2 apple sauces;

Dinner will be baked chicken wings (no sauce/sides) and that's it for the day. Not a bad day but I know I could've had egg whites for breakfast instead and I could've replaced the pasta but I caved in. I will cook all the meals for tomorow so I will be safe from temptations. As SOON as my back is better I'll be going back on the plan. Alright guys, I appreciate the support - I'll be back tomorrow!
    None required. Ya'll already know.

Soundmankc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soundmankc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soundmankc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soundmankc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soundmankc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soundmankc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soundmankc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soundmankc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soundmankc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soundmankc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Soundmankc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good luck on your journey!
    Starting Weight 398lbs
    Goal Weight 220lbs

June 2008 - 398lbs
    Sep 2008 - 363lbs
    Sep 30th 2008 - 360lbs
    Oct 17th 2008 - 356lbs
    Jan 1st 2009 - 372lbs Damm holidays!
    Jan 9th 2009 - 366lbs
    Feb 3rd 2009 - 365lbs
    Feb 28th 2009 - 360lbs
    April 4th 2009 - 354lbs

I started a log of my progress.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110525351

Originally Posted by Soundmankc View Post
    Good luck on your journey!
    Thanks!

Okay so this morning I couldn't walk. I put ice on my back and numbed it enough to stretch it out. I got to the point where I was walking (limping but still walking) and now I'm at work. I took my boss' medicine ball and it feels better than sitting on a chair. I made my breakfast and lunch so I feel good about finally starting out right!

Breakfast: 4 Egg whites;

Lunch: 2 Grilled Chicken Breasts;

Dinner will be something light, I'll update later!

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good luck on your journey. I am going to make a couple of suggestions, so take them with a grain of salt and assume that I know nothing.

Remember that you spend 8% of your time (assuming 2 hours per day) in the gym, 32% sleeping, and 60% eating, so your diet is the MOST important part of your transformation. A popular saying on these forums are that abs are made in the kitchen. Being at your height and weight, your BMR is approximately in the 1800-1900 range, so I would suggest not eating less than 1800 calories since you intend to be so active. I prefer a 40/40/20 split myself, which at 1800 calories would be 180 grams of protein, 180 grams of carbs, and 40 grams of fat. Quite frankly, I don't think you are eating enough, but you should look in the nutrition section for some great diet advice (and remember that I know nothing.)

An ideal diet for you may look something like this:
    Meal #1: 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 8 oz yogurt
    Meal #2: Grilled chicken breast, 1 cup (cooked) brown rice, vegetables
    Meal #3: 6 oz tuna, 2 slices whole wheat bread, 1 tbs mayo
    Meal #4: Grilled chicken breast, 1 cup whole wheat pasta, 2 slices cheese
    Total: 1789 calories, 207 grams protein, 166 grams carbs, 33 grams of fat

Also remember that I know nothing about nutrition.

I wish I had a better update but it's a little bit of success and a little goes a long way.

I strained my lower back last week and wasn't able to do much of anything. To the point where I couldn't walk. Went to see a doctor, had a few chiropractor sessions and I am finally better. This is the first day that I do not experience some sort of pain but I'm wearing a back brace for support which makes it feel a whole lot better. On the other side of eating: I was having trouble not cheating. But I finally am on my 3rd day of eating completely clean My stomach has gone down (as it always does when I'm eating better) and I feel better.

My goal tuesday was to go a whole 24 hrs w/o junk. I did it. Now my goal is to go home and do a yoga dvd for beginners. I assume that it would be good for my back and its a good form of exercise. I tried going home the last two nights wishing that I would do them but I didn't. Today is different because I wrote it here on my journal and I will report tomorrow that I did it. It's not about luck anymore - it's about just doing it.

I'll be back tomorrow.

Originally Posted by ZidaneValor View Post
    Good luck on your journey. I am going to make a couple of suggestions, so take them with a grain of salt and assume that I know nothing.

Remember that you spend 8% of your time (assuming 2 hours per day) in the gym, 32% sleeping, and 60% eating, so your diet is the MOST important part of your transformation. A popular saying on these forums are that abs are made in the kitchen. Being at your height and weight, your BMR is approximately in the 1800-1900 range, so I would suggest not eating less than 1800 calories since you intend to be so active. I prefer a 40/40/20 split myself, which at 1800 calories would be 180 grams of protein, 180 grams of carbs, and 40 grams of fat. Quite frankly, I don't think you are eating enough, but you should look in the nutrition section for some great diet advice (and remember that I know nothing.)

An ideal diet for you may look something like this:
    Meal #1: 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 8 oz yogurt
    Meal #2: Grilled chicken breast, 1 cup (cooked) brown rice, vegetables
    Meal #3: 6 oz tuna, 2 slices whole wheat bread, 1 tbs mayo
    Meal #4: Grilled chicken breast, 1 cup whole wheat pasta, 2 slices cheese
    Total: 1789 calories, 207 grams protein, 166 grams carbs, 33 grams of fat

Also remember that I know nothing about nutrition.
    Oh yeah - I took your advice - surfed the Nutrition section and did some digging. You are correct and I don't know why you keep saying you know nothing (wut gives?) but anyhow, I am not eating like that. It sabbotages me to give in at a later time to bad foods/choices.

Thank you ZidaneValor

louou182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) louou182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) louou182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) louou182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) louou182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) louou182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) louou182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) louou182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) louou182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) louou182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) louou182 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

heya, well done for deciding to make the change to a healthy lifestyle!

hope ur injury gets better soon and u can get back in the gym soon

keep it up, and if u eva feel ur losing motivation just take a look at ur starting photo (if u havent already take a pre-photo of urself) and remind urself of the reasons u chose to make this change

remember to lose weight and keep it off being healthy isnt temporary its a lifestyle change, i wish u the best of luck!
    12 week program
    start: 158lb
    wk 1: 153.6lb

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KP7 View Post
    Oh yeah - I took your advice - surfed the Nutrition section and did some digging. You are correct and I don't know why you keep saying you know nothing (wut gives?) but anyhow, I am not eating like that. It sabbotages me to give in at a later time to bad foods/choices.

Thank you ZidaneValor
    Would you take nutrition advice from someone who has no knowledge of the field (my degree is in Software Engineering), weighs 359 pounds, has only been serious about this for three-four months, and has just recently become addicted to egg mcmuffins for some apparent reason (at least the rest of my diet is clean, lol)???

Anyway, good luck, and take it easy on your back problems. That could become a lingering issue if you try to rush back too fast and don't take care of it.

jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonb25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey you!!

I didnt know you had a log!
    Team 7: The Dream Team: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112775911

Losing Weight Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112340841

Originally Posted by louou182 View Post
    heya, well done for deciding to make the change to a healthy lifestyle!

hope ur injury gets better soon and u can get back in the gym soon

keep it up, and if u eva feel ur losing motivation just take a look at ur starting photo (if u havent already take a pre-photo of urself) and remind urself of the reasons u chose to make this change

remember to lose weight and keep it off being healthy isnt temporary its a lifestyle change, i wish u the best of luck!
    Thanks! I took some before pics and I should print them and carry them around so they can be readily available. I might just take your advice
    Would you take nutrition advice from someone who has no knowledge of the field (my degree is in Software Engineering), weighs 359 pounds, has only been serious about this for three-four months, and has just recently become addicted to egg mcmuffins for some apparent reason (at least the rest of my diet is clean, lol)???

Anyway, good luck, and take it easy on your back problems. That could become a lingering issue if you try to rush back too fast and don't take care of it.
    You make very valid points. Thanks again.
    Originally Posted by jonb25 View Post
    Hey you!!

I didnt know you had a log!
    Yes I do Come visit and scold at me once in awhile LOL It's in my sig.

Registered User readyforthepain's Avatar
    readyforthepain is just really nice. (+1000) readyforthepain is just really nice. (+1000) readyforthepain is just really nice. (+1000) readyforthepain is just really nice. (+1000) readyforthepain is just really nice. (+1000) readyforthepain is just really nice. (+1000) readyforthepain is just really nice. (+1000) readyforthepain is just really nice. (+1000) readyforthepain is just really nice. (+1000) readyforthepain is just really nice. (+1000) readyforthepain is just really nice. (+1000)
    good luck with all your goals best of wishes to you

I did it guys!!! I did the yoga video. I had never done yoga before and I may never do it again. I have big boobs - they get in the way and it's all about breathing (I must've yawned a 100x). Maybe I'll do it when I am very stressed out but I was tired so it didn't help. The moves made my slight headache into a big one so I wasn't a happy camper.

I did the exercises recommended by the chiroprator this morning and it makes a huge difference. I have to remember to walk around during the day because sitting at my desk makes my back stiff.

Anyhow I haven't eatten breakfast yet but everything will be very healthy I am donating blood today and I hope my iron levels are high enough. Friday nights it's usually chinese take out with the bf and some movies. I don't work in the am so I will probably try to go through the lifting for dummies video. I will use resistant bands and not push myself too hard. If anything seems to cause pain on my back I'll stop immediately but I think I'm well enough to get through it.

I'll be back tomorrow!

brb getting bigger than u algforcek's Avatar
    algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink Post a diet hun...

Sorry I have not posted sooner!

Post a diet so we can see what you are eating daily.

Four egg whites is only 80 calories and it looks like you may not be getting ENOUGH calories

Have you calculated your bmr to figure out how much you should be eating?

Did you ever get a free session with the trainer?

Glad to hear about your back, took me almost 2 years to get over my back injury

Keep pressing!

VR
    SPonge
    Hi JeNN!
    My weightloss journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111720161
    Cheat Meals: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111993701

Originally Posted by algforcek View Post
    Sorry I have not posted sooner!

Post a diet so we can see what you are eating daily.

Four egg whites is only 80 calories and it looks like you may not be getting ENOUGH calories

Have you calculated your bmr to figure out how much you should be eating?

Did you ever get a free session with the trainer?

Glad to hear about your back, took me almost 2 years to get over my back injury

Keep pressing!

VR
    SPonge
    Here is what my day was like:
    Breakfast: 2 cups (watermelon, blueberries, pinapple, cantalope); 2 cups of oatmeal (300); 1tbsp brown sugar(48); 1/2 cup of almonds/walnuts (200); 500

Lunch: Lentil Soup (200); Veggie Burger on whole wheat (300);500

Snack: Newtons (220); 7 pretzel sticks (120);240

Dinner: 3 slices of whole wheat (210); PB (162); Soy Milk (100);

Total Calories: 1860 (w/o counting the fruit)

BMR (I just looked up) is around 1885 calories.

Haven't gone to the gym bc I will be out of a job soon and it won't be a smart thing to pay the next few months when I can be using the money for other things.

So I've been eating too many calories that part sucks. But I have been adjusting to the new style of eating. You can take notice that there are no dairy or meat products in my diet. It's because I am trying to be a vegetarian - been reading a book that has convinced me that it's a very good way of living. I am trying to eat more varieties of all sorts of legumes and protein sources.

As for the vegetarian thing, I like it. It seems to be working out. I went to donate blood and my iron level was good so I did it. Unfortunately afterwards they gave me cookies and I took them. so it's my first real cheat - that part sucks because I was on a 4 day streak with good eating. No more cheats though, I will go for a whole 7 days no cheating!

I did some lifting today very happy to say that it's harder than you think. I was using my resistant band (it's fuking hard to do!) went through the dummies video and I could feel the heat building up in my body. I'm lounging on the computer now but will either go for a jog or pop in a taebo dvd that kicks butt. I'm happy to report the back has been behaving itself.

I'll report back tomorrow. Thanks for all your support!

Okay so my core/abs are sore - I love that feeling! But none of my other muscles seem to be sore. I did 2 sets of 12 reps for each exercise. I will list them when I get home (bad memory so everything is written down). I'm wondering if I can do 3 sets and be okay. When I'm doing the reps it's definitely not easy right now. I get to 6 then 7 and I'm ready to give in but I push harder. I will do my routine tomorrow and I'll schedule it Mon/Wed/Fri. I wish it wasn't so cold so I can go for my nice jog - I do it around prospect park (for those familiar with BK) and it totals to 3.5 miles. I think I'm willing to do it in the cold, I miss it. Anyhows Didn't do jog or cardio yesterday so tonight I'll jump on the taebo. Eating habits still good but I may do a fast for a few days to cleanse the system. I've never really done one, I might try 3 days and see how it goes. I've got healthy snacks around and I'm at work. The day should be a breeze.

I'll be back either tonight or tomorrow! I'm feeling good.

The scale said: 231.4

My butt is sore LOL I love it. I think it's hilarious and I keep laughing at it. I weigh-in on Monday mornings: 1.6 lb loss! YAY!

So despite having gone over what I thought was my BMR the whole week and having a cheat meal last night, I still lost almost a lb and a half. Well, I'm unsure of what to do. I was going cut the calories back by 500 - so my intake would be 1300 and add in cardio everyday but now I'm confused. Should I continue eating 1800 and just add in the cardio or should I continue as intended?

What I want to avoid is cutting back too much and then finding myself in a very bad position of being extremely hungry. I'll do as intented (unless someone would like to state why I shouldn't). I feel good. The back is bothering me but only because I've neglected it this weekend. I didn't do the back exercises yesterday nor did I wear the back brace and I slept on my stomach. I did the exercises this morning and it helped, I just hope the pain doesn't come back because I can't stand it.

The plan is to do the routine tonight and do the taebo (which I didn't do yesterday )I'll do 3 reps of 12. I can't wait to be sore tomorrow!

I'll be back.

Stick to 1800. If you dropped to 1300, you would be capable of murder by Saturday.

Stick to 1800. If you dropped to 1300, you would be capable of murder by Saturday.
    That's what I thought. Thanks - I'll range from 1500-1800, depending on my hunger pangs.

I ate just 1600 yesterday - not bad. I wasn't hungry but I was tempted to eat when I was bored. However I stopped myself.
    I did my routine, 3 reps of each exercise (holy **** I felt the burn). I did about half the video of taebo, that **** is hard! I realize I'm in pretty bad shape but I'll walk 5 miles anyday instead of doing taebo.

I'm in good spirits but the job thing is really messing with my head. I'm trying to figure out a way to get back into school (for teaching) cause I know I've always wanted to do it. I don't want to go part time, I want to finish as soon as possible. I'm done with a dead end job. I want to be able to start and build on my career.

I can't wait to do my routine tomorrow. I would do it today but I know you're not supposed to over work your muscles. I might try doing the taebo again. I couldn't pack a real lunch so I've got 1/2 cup cottage cheese to eat then. I will drink a ****load of water today and hopefully hold out till I get home.

I'll be back tomorrow!

Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just caught your journal! Good luck to you! Your goals sound very similair to mine - I'm anxious to hit 170 then work my way down to 140/150 ish.

Taebo is fun! I need to start that back up again. I've been slacked off in Jan. so time to get back on the cardio wagon for me!

Best wishes on your progress!
    The Watchmen
    Rorschach: "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

'The timid civilized world has found nothing with which to oppose the onslaught of a sudden revival of barefaced barbarity, other than concessions and smiles.'
    -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted by Deborah_Lyn View Post
    Just caught your journal! Good luck to you! Your goals sound very similair to mine - I'm anxious to hit 170 then work my way down to 140/150 ish.

Taebo is fun! I need to start that back up again. I've been slacked off in Jan. so time to get back on the cardio wagon for me!

Best wishes on your progress!
    Thanks Deb! I'm finding the hardest to hit 200 - I feel like once I get there it'll all just be easier but I'm sure I'll find out it won't be that easy.

I hit 1500 yesterday. No I'm not competeing to see how low can I go but it's a good number to stick by. Didn't do the taebo last night - I should've pushed myself harder. Bought some fruit on my way home for breakfast this morning. I'm liking the preparing the meals myself deal. It makes me feel better knowing the exact amount of calories I am eating. I know that scale will show how hard I'm working.

I'm head over heels and it's only Day 3 of eating under the 1800 range. I guess I'm in a honeymoon stage but like the bf said last night, I can feel accomplished when I've done this a whole month. He knows me well and knows that I don't stick to anything for more than two weeks. Well this is going to change because I'm in love with the way I feel right now. I feel energized, my mind is clear, I just feel good because I know I'm eating the right things and the best part is I'm not hungry!

My obstacles in the near future are: Dinner at my parents on saturday - what might help is that I may cook something in advance and not eat her food or bring a measuring cup and measure correctly the calories.

Dinner next wednesday for the bf's birthday - the menu does have the calories listed on certain items so I will go for those.

I'm looking forward to my workout and I hope to get through the whole taebo video even if my kicks aren't as high as my shoulders.

GHobgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GHobgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GHobgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GHobgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GHobgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GHobgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GHobgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GHobgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GHobgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GHobgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GHobgood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good luck on your journey...it is definitely a journey. if you lost 1.6 pounds, then i'd stick close to that number, you dont want to lose too much too quick even though its awesome to see a drop of 7 pounds in a week! i just started roughly a month ago and i am down 10 pounds roughly, depending on water. you will become addicted to the gym, working out, and just plain being active. i have become quite the chef since coming full on to this "diet" if you will. i cook all kinds of healthy stuff now, and my dad loves it. he's a steak and potatoes guy, and i can fool him with seasoned chicken, of all sorts. find a partner in crime for this and it will be 10x easier throughout.

-good luck with everything, it doesnt get any easier the slimmer you get im sure. so make it a definite change and enjoy it to its fullest potential.

Originally Posted by GHobgood View Post
    my dad loves it. he's a steak and potatoes guy, and i can fool him with seasoned chicken, of all sorts. find a partner in crime for this and it will be 10x easier throughout.

-good luck with everything, it doesnt get any easier the slimmer you get im sure. so make it a definite change and enjoy it to its fullest potential.
    I wish my bf would go out for walks with me, sometimes he cooks with me or gives me a hand.

Thanks, I'm sure the road gets harder but we learn to drive much smarter.

That damn Taebo!

So I didn't get past 10 mins of Taebo. What a loser, I know. I did my routine and even added like a 5 minute creative dance bit. I felt my hamstrings this morning. Unfortunately after those 10 minutes I could've collapsed on the floor of how exhausted I felt. I'm not sure why but it felt like a short fuse as if I just had NO energy at all. I relayed this to my calories intake and decided to hit 1650 yesterday. I could've easily stopped at 1300 because I was ready to sleep as soon as I finished jumping around.

Well tomorrow night is chinese take out night (don't worry it's always brown rice and not deep fried meat) but I'm not sure what the calories count will be so I guess I have to do some research. Oh and be proud, I cooked baked chicken wings for my bf and they looked fuking awesome but I didn't even taste one. Go me!

I'll update again tomorrow.

I feel out of place today. Not too sure why, just different.

I had 1500 calories yesterday. Today is a toughy because I keep searching for chinese take out calories and I can not find it. I might just have to go with the steamed stuff which blows. Maybe I'll add some soy sauce and that's it. I didn't pack my lunch today, because I didn't have fruit for breakfast and I didn't have time. I will still be able to count calories but dinner is my biggest fear.

If anyone knows the calories in the brown sauce, please share your wisdom. If not, I won't die. Not too energetic today, so I'm not psyched to workout but nevertheless, I will still be doing my routine and trying to get past the first ten minutes of Taebo. I can't wait for my weighin, I know I will see a minus of at least 2 lbs.

I went over by 600 calories, I hit 2200 :(

I did a bad thing, it wasn't even going over the calories that I'm so concerned over, it's the fact that I ate 2 cookies and a pastry. I decided to binge out and I ate ALL of my chinese food (which was steamed btw). If I had just eaten the dinner then I wouldn't care because it had a LOT of veggies in it and it was brown rice so it was basically really healthy. The part that upsets me is the cookie/pastry ordeal.

I'm making it up by just eating 1000 calories today. I'll be fine. Unfortunately I also didn't work out last night so I'm making that up tonight as well. I am working out and going through the whole taebo video. LOL @ me for having the video be a challenge. Anyhow I decided that if I do all that I have planned and I am good tomorrow but still don't see the -2 on Monday that I'll most likely adapt to a low carb/clean diet: because I want to see results. I'm trying to have patience with myself and I know you're supposed to reward yourself but I feel like none of this is good enough. I also want to start walking/jogging again (I know I mentioned it before), I was thinking this morning that the weather shouldn't be an obstacle and I should just go out and run in the cold wearing sweatpants. I don't want to disappoint myself.

I invite any kind words, I'm struggling but I'll get through.