Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tuesday 12/17/09
    Upper Body!

Arnold Shoulder Presses
    1 set of 5/20 lbs
    1 set of 5/25 lbs
    1 set of 5/30 lbs
    2 sets of 5/32.5 lbs

Rack Chins-(Forgot my camera at home, I will take videos on Saturday )
    1 set of 5/25 lbs
    1 set of 5/35 lbs
    1 set of 5/45 lbs
    1 set of 5/55 lbs
    1 set of 5/65 lbs
    2 sets of 4/70 lbs*PR (Held the last one for negative reps)

Lateral Cable Raises (Front & Back)
    1 sets each of 12/20 lbs
    3 sets each of 8/30 lbs (Held the last one for negative reps)

Closed Grip Pulldowns
    1 set of 5/120 lbs
    1 set of 5/140 lbs
    1 set of 5/160 lbs
    2 sets of 5/170 lbs*PR (Held the last one for negative reps)

Reverse Pec Dec Fly-One arm at at time, again trying to switch things up
    3 sets of 10/100 lbs

Barbell Curls Lying Against An Incline-First time doing these
    1 set of 10/40 lbs
    3 sets of 8/50 lbs

Bench Dips
    1 set of 10/20 lbs
    1 set of 10/25 lbs
    1 set of 10/30 lbs
    2 set of 8/35 lbs

Alternating DB Curls
    1 set of 12/30 lbs
    2 sets of 10/35 lbs*PR

Reverse Cable Pulldowns
    1 set of 8/140 lbs*PR
    2 sets of 5/150 lbs*PR

I had a really great workout, despite the fact that I was really sore from posing the day before and being exhausted! LOL! I was really pleased with my numbers last night. I am really trying hard to push through some plateaus and managed to gain some strength while dieting.
    Isabel Norton (Layne's Pitbull)
    NGA FIGURE PRO

MEMBER TEAM NORTON
    www.biolayne.com

TEAM SCIVATION
    www.scivation.com

The LATin ASSasin:

Video 1: http://videos.bodybuilding.com/video/9141/isabel-norton-lago-the-latin-assassin-1-contest-prep

Video 2: http://videos.bodybuilding.com/video/9371/isabel-norton-lago-the-latin-assassin-2-two-weeks-out

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    gaining strength while dieting FTW! Keep riding it out as long as possible before the inevitable strikes you!

Im in for some videos

push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your rack chins are amazing! I'm still getting use to them. This is my first program with them but I'm sure as I do them more and more I'll see great improvements. I love how the make my back feel

Sweet PR's! You are definetly reaching your goal of strength while dieting!

Do you like negative reps? How do you find they treat your body?
    Control it or it will control you

aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aloha_izzie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    gaining strength while dieting FTW! Keep riding it out as long as possible before the inevitable strikes you!

Im in for some videos
    It has been empowering to know that I can set my mind on something and just do it. I am trying to take advantage of this momentum as long as possible!!

Originally Posted by push_it View Post
    Your rack chins are amazing! I'm still getting use to them. This is my first program with them but I'm sure as I do them more and more I'll see great improvements. I love how the make my back feel

Sweet PR's! You are definetly reaching your goal of strength while dieting!

Do you like negative reps? How do you find they treat your body?
    Thanks girl!! I have to say that this was the one excersice that I had the hardest time gaining strengh on. It took me a while but once I was able to pull my BW for 10-12 reps easy, then I started adding weight. I wanted my form to be perfect. So hang in there with them rack chins, you'll get stronger each week!

I do like negative reps, I love that burning almost painful feeling that you get from doing these. When I was doing closed grip pulldowns, I would hold that last rep and let the cable come up slow and easy. Man did I feel the strech in my back! I am still sore!! LOL!
    NGA FIGURE PRO

MEMBER TEAM NORTON
    www.biolayne.com

TEAM SCIVATION
    www.scivation.com

The LATin ASSasin:

Video 1: http://videos.bodybuilding.com/video/9141/isabel-norton-lago-the-latin-assassin-1-contest-prep

Video 2: http://videos.bodybuilding.com/video/9371/isabel-norton-lago-the-latin-assassin-2-two-weeks-out

MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ola!

Do you have a preference when you perform your rack chins? i.e. super wide grip, shoulder width etc? If so, do you notice a huge difference in difficulty? Just curioius

Keep killin' it girl..

Heidi
    Team Amazon: Sisterhood of Iron

The myth that women should be weak is perpetuated by men who fear strong women and women who fear hard work.
    #selfcare #pickitup #putitdown

push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a question about rack chins as well. Does it make a big difference whether you use a flat or incline bench for your feet? Is it better if they are higher?

vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Izzy! Yay, I finally made it back here! I read about how you returned to the gym the other day for a 2nd HIIT session plus a legs workout. Now that is the kind of dedication that will take you to the top of your game. You are putting in a lot of work and the results you achieve will blow your mind; you are going to look so incredible up on that stage! I've decided that I must subscribe to your log, and get in here more often, as it's quite motivational.

NEVER gonna stop! chicana_peach's Avatar
    chicana_peach is just really nice. (+1000) chicana_peach is just really nice. (+1000) chicana_peach is just really nice. (+1000) chicana_peach is just really nice. (+1000) chicana_peach is just really nice. (+1000) chicana_peach is just really nice. (+1000) chicana_peach is just really nice. (+1000) chicana_peach is just really nice. (+1000) chicana_peach is just really nice. (+1000) chicana_peach is just really nice. (+1000) chicana_peach is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile Izzie in the HIZHOUSE!

Impressive workouts!! Way to go! I want to know more about these rack chins too and the different ways to do them. I do them every now and then, but haven't tried with weight yet and when i use a decline bench, the stupid thing moves with me when i do the chins...lol.
    "Remember, you should have your mind READY FOR WAR when you train."
    ~ Maximum" Bob Whelan

Originally Posted by MoEcho View Post
    Ola!

Do you have a preference when you perform your rack chins? i.e. super wide grip, shoulder width etc? If so, do you notice a huge difference in difficulty? Just curioius

Keep killin' it girl..

Heidi

Hi Heidi!!
    I honestly prefer the shoulder width grip, if you will. In my particular case, I have been concentrating on adding more density to my back. My main goal was not to change the width as much, not that bigger isn't better! LOL! So I found that while using the shoulder width grip, I was able to pull more weight and felt it a lot more in the middle of my back. When I do a negative rep, I feel it everywhere!! LOL! The middle and the lats. It's a great way to stretch too!

I have a question about rack chins as well. Does it make a big difference whether you use a flat or incline bench for your feet? Is it better if they are higher?
    For my particular case, it would. I feel more comfortable having my feet elevated. You also isolate more of your back this way. I use an incline bench or an "ab bench". I try to keep my form in a more of a V or an L shape. That way when I do add weight (DB's) they sit fairly comfortably on my lap.

Originally Posted by vhart07 View Post
    Hi Izzy! Yay, I finally made it back here! I read about how you returned to the gym the other day for a 2nd HIIT session plus a legs workout. Now that is the kind of dedication that will take you to the top of your game. You are putting in a lot of work and the results you achieve will blow your mind; you are going to look so incredible up on that stage! I've decided that I must subscribe to your log, and get in here more often, as it's quite motivational.
    Thanks girl!! I really appreciate the compliment! It was one of those days, that I just had to get it done. It didn't even dawn on me until later that night when I sat down and typed out my workout. LOL! I can only hope to continue to improve week to week and day by day.

Originally Posted by chicana_peach View Post
    Impressive workouts!! Way to go! I want to know more about these rack chins too and the different ways to do them. I do them every now and then, but haven't tried with weight yet and when i use a decline bench, the stupid thing moves with me when i do the chins...lol.
    Thanks girl!! Try using an bench that's designated for abs. I will post of a video of it, so that you can see what I mean! Keep lifting hard, you already look great!
    NGA FIGURE PRO

MEMBER TEAM NORTON
    www.biolayne.com

TEAM SCIVATION
    www.scivation.com

The LATin ASSasin:

Catching up!

Wednesday 2/18/08
    Mod. Intensity Cardio + Abs

30 mins of mod intensity cardio. Heart rate was around 130.
    Then I did some Abs:
    Cable Crunches-3 sets of 15/130 lbs
    Seated Bench Lying Leg Raise- 3 sets of 15/BW
    Woodchucks-3 sets of 10/60lbs

Thursday 2/19/09
    HIIT + Abs

25 mins of HIIT on stairmill-160 floors
    Cable Crunches-3 sets of 15/130 lbs
    Seated Bench Lying Leg Raise- 3 sets of 15/BW
    Woodchucks-3 sets of 10/60lbs

Friday 2/20/09
    HIIT + LEGS!!

25 mins of HIIT on the stairmill-167 floors! (I was feeling the pain!)

Alternating Lunges (Used DBs)
    1 sets of 15/17.5 lbs
    1 set of 25/20 lbs
    1 set of 20/25 lbs
    1 sets of 15/30 lbs
    1 set of 30/15lbs
    1 sets of 40/7.5 lbs

Step-ups
    1 set of 15/15 lbs
    1 set of 25/20 lbs
    1 sets of 20/25 lbs
    1 set of 0f 12/27.5 lbs
    1 set of 30/15 lbs
    1 set of 60/7.5 lbs (OUCH!)

SLDL (toes elevated)
    1 set of 15/50 lbs
    1 set of 15/70 lbs
    1 set of 15/80 lbs
    1 set of 15/ 100 lbs
    1 set of 20/50 lbs
    1 set of 30/30 lbs

Leg Extensions
    3 sets of 12/120 lbs
    1 set of 15/60 lbs
    1 set of 35/30 lbs

Leg curls
    3 sets of 12/60 lbs
    2 sets of 15/30 lbs

Seated Calf Raise
    3 sets of 15/90 lbs

Donkey Calf Raises
    3 sets of 15/180 lbs

WOW! I was exhausted after this workout!! I was feeling the burn!

Saturday 2/20/09
    Upper Body Hypertrophy Day

Shoulder Presses
    1 set of 8/17.5 lbs
    1 set of 8/20 lbs
    3 sets of 12/25 lbs

Rack Chins
    3 sets of 10/30 lbs (Video to be uploaded)

Cable Lat Pulldowns
    3 sets of 15/80 lbs

Cable Lateral Raises (Front and BacK)
    1 set each of 12/10 lbs
    3 sets each of 15/20 lbs (Video of front to be uploaded)

Straight Arm Pulldowns
    3 sets of 15/80 lbs

Reverse Pec Dec Fly
    3 sets of 15/80 lbs

Reverse Cable Pressdowns
    3 sets of 15/80 lbs

Dips
    3 sets of 15/BW

Cambered Curls
    3 sets of 15/40 lbs (video to be uploaded)

Alternating DB Curls
    3 sets of 20/22.5 lbs

Had a really good workout. I had a really good pump throughout the whole workout. I will be posting those videos soon!

Sunday 2/21/09
    Posing and Mod Intensity Cardio

So Layne and I went in today and practiced posing for about 45 mins. Then I hit the elliptical for 30 mins.
    NGA FIGURE PRO

MEMBER TEAM NORTON
    www.biolayne.com

TEAM SCIVATION
    www.scivation.com

The LATin ASSasin:

Rack chins!
    Please ignore our friend Ben Wonser in the background!

Front Lateral Cable Raises

Cambered Curls
    NGA FIGURE PRO

MEMBER TEAM NORTON
    www.biolayne.com

TEAM SCIVATION
    www.scivation.com

The LATin ASSasin:

MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OH YEAH!! Loving the vids!!!!!
    Team Amazon: Sisterhood of Iron

The myth that women should be weak is perpetuated by men who fear strong women and women who fear hard work.
    #selfcare #pickitup #putitdown

will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000)
    wow Isabel...videos were badass...your overall shape is just amazing and the video definitely showed that...looks like you aren't backing down from the cardio either...167 floors!!!!!!! i did the math from where you were about a month ago...in 4 weeks you've increased the number of floors you climb in a minute by 1...that may not sound like a lot, but that's pretty substantial in my opinion...most people bitch out on cardio as there prep goes deeper, they start feeling sorry for themselves and start backing off the intensity...not you...great work
    TEAM NORTON
    The"Outwork" mindset changed my entire life, perhaps it can help you as well

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey Izzie...

I was just catching up on your workouts (Which kick MAJOR ASS, btw)

Just wondering why you don't drink Xtend DURING your workouts?
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

Incredible Physique... serisouly. Looking in great shape, and your lifts are right on point. I also do the lateral raises with a lean like that as well as I feel it hits my delts a lot harder for some odd reason.

When you hit that back pose after those raises you show some quality thickness in your back, and I can tell thats a strong point (from your rack chin numbers and rowing #'s) build off your strengths and continue to bring up those weak points.

Everything is on point in here. Thanks for the vids

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jaim91 View Post
    Hey Izzie...

Jamie,
    I would check out the first episode of the MD research radio show: http://www.musculardevelopment.com/c...view/1382/182/

I discuss why i dose in boluses instead of sipping xtend throughout the day.

I have isabel follow the same protocol as myself

Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've never seen rack chins before. Do you say they contributed a lot to having a really nice lat spread?

Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Very inspirational, great log & detail, keep up the absolutely awesome work

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Izzie, next time Layne hits a MM shot after your set, throw in a rear lat.
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

Yeah buddy! Sweet a$$ workouts and I love the vids. Thanks for posting them

Originally Posted by MoEcho View Post
    OH YEAH!! Loving the vids!!!!!
    Thanks girl!!

Originally Posted by will-work4ANDRO View Post
    wow Isabel...videos were badass...your overall shape is just amazing and the video definitely showed that...looks like you aren't backing down from the cardio either...167 floors!!!!!!! i did the math from where you were about a month ago...in 4 weeks you've increased the number of floors you climb in a minute by 1...that may not sound like a lot, but that's pretty substantial in my opinion...most people bitch out on cardio as there prep goes deeper, they start feeling sorry for themselves and start backing off the intensity...not you...great work
    Haha! Thanks Jeremy! I have been kicking it up a notch as much as I can. There are days that I am in go mode and then there are those days where I feel like the lights never came on!! LOL! I don't have time to sit and complain about the cardio, I mean I know what I have to do to get where I want to be. With the encouragement of Layne, friends such as you (& Angie) and the members of the boards, I am ready to hit it hard!!!!

10 wks left it's time to kick it in high gear!!!

Originally Posted by jaim91 View Post
    Hey Izzie...

Thanks girl!!! I really appreciate it!!
    I have been sipping Xtend throughout the day, like Layne posted. In my drink I have 30g of Xtend, 2 scoops of Beta-Alanine and 2g of creatine with 30 mL of water. I usually sip throughout the day and then right after my workout I will drink 6-8 mL of it.

Incredible Physique... serisouly. Looking in great shape, and your lifts are right on point. I also do the lateral raises with a lean like that as well as I feel it hits my delts a lot harder for some odd reason.

When you hit that back pose after those raises you show some quality thickness in your back, and I can tell thats a strong point (from your rack chin numbers and rowing #'s) build off your strengths and continue to bring up those weak points.

Everything is on point in here. Thanks for the vids
    Thanks Bob! I do find that doing the lateral raises like that really targetst the delt. I also pull the cable from behind. So I usually do them both (one front and one back) usually 3 sets of each.
    I do believe that my back is my strong point, I've been lucky enought to have been involved in sports were rowing was involved. haha!!

Originally Posted by Dracoy View Post
    I've never seen rack chins before. Do you say they contributed a lot to having a really nice lat spread?
    I do believe that rack chins have contributed to the overall thickness and width of my back. I had a pretty good structure to begin with and so working on my pullups, rack chins and rowing movements have truly helped. Once you get the hang of them you really feel that strech in your lats! It's almost a burning sensation!

Originally Posted by Trans_Isomer View Post
    Very inspirational, great log & detail, keep up the absolutely awesome work
    Thank you! I appreciate it!!

Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    Izzie, next time Layne hits a MM shot after your set, throw in a rear lat.
    Haha! Yeah he took advatage of the fact that my headphones were still on, otherwise he would have been covered!!

Yeah buddy! Sweet a$$ workouts and I love the vids. Thanks for posting them
    Thanks girl!!
    NGA FIGURE PRO

MEMBER TEAM NORTON
    www.biolayne.com

TEAM SCIVATION
    www.scivation.com

The LATin ASSasin:

Thumbs up

Monday- 2/23/09

HIIT & LEGS!!

I just got back from doing my HIIT, I am so excited! It was brutal and I love it!!!

25 mins on the stairmill= 176 FLOORS!!!!

Heavy leg day to come next...stay tuned!!!
    NGA FIGURE PRO

MEMBER TEAM NORTON
    www.biolayne.com

TEAM SCIVATION
    www.scivation.com

The LATin ASSasin:

Thumbs up

Best day of the week right here HIIT and Legs. A true champion has to endure some pain to get some gain girl. You are on the right path.

Best day of the week right here HIIT and Legs. A true champion has to endure some pain to get some gain girl. You are on the right path.
    I have to admit, it's a very challenging day, but a very rewarding one! I was extremely happy when I was done with my HIIT. I felt like I had acomplished something that I had set my mind to.

No pain, no gain!!!
    NGA FIGURE PRO

MEMBER TEAM NORTON
    www.biolayne.com

TEAM SCIVATION
    www.scivation.com

The LATin ASSasin:

Legs Power Day!!

So after my HIIT (I was drenched in sweat and my body temperature was through the roof) I came home and had my pre-workout meal. That's when I realized that I had managed to do the hardest session of HIIT to date with only having consumed 43.5g of carbs. No wonder I was about to pass out! LOL!

So here is the rest of my workout:

Smith Squats
    1 set of 5/95 lbs
    1 set of 5/115 lbs
    1 set of 5/135 lbs
    1 set of 5/155 lbs
    1 set of 5/170 lbs
    1 set of 5/185 lbs
    1 set of 5/205 lbs*PR

Deadlifts
    1 set of 5/135 lbs
    1 set of 5/155 lbs
    2 set of 5/175 lbs
    -My hammies were still sore from Friday's workout

Alternating DB Lunges
    1 set of 12/27.5 lbs
    1 set of 12/30 lbs
    2 sets of 12/32.5 lbs

Leg Extensions
    1 set of 5/120 lbs
    1 set of 5/135 lbs
    1 set of 5/150 lbs
    1 set of 5/180 lbs
    1 set of 5/210 lbs (WOW that one hurt!!)

Seated Calves
    4 sets of 12/110 lbs

Donkey Calf Raise
    4 sets of 12/195 lbs

Wow!! I felt awesome yesterday! I am determined to make every day a good day. I felt strong and focused through my workout. I did find myself spacing out at times, but I think that's to be expected! LOL!

Tonight-Upper Body=REFEED!!!
    NGA FIGURE PRO

MEMBER TEAM NORTON
    www.biolayne.com

TEAM SCIVATION
    www.scivation.com

The LATin ASSasin:

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I remember when she was excited to get 100 floors. Now she's damn near doubled that.

and she's getting stronger.

Very proud of you babe

WOW you are amazing! You really inspire and motivate me. You are trully giving it your absolute all for this competition! That is something that makes you a great competitor.... you hold nothing back. Bring it all or nothing, right?

OMG you lift BIG! Congrats on the PR for squats and with your HIIT. And your leg extensions... major ouch lol
    Can I ask how long you have been preping for this contest? Like how long did you bulk for and how long have you been cutting?
    Last edited by push_it; 02-24-2009 at 10:34 AM.

loosehead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Isabel-

Great progress, you are doing great! I saw your log when you first started it and am just now getting caught up. Keep on pushing hard! The remaining 10 weeks will go by faster than you think (is it strange for someone to be reminding you, than the other way around?!?!?)

On a side note, I am completely depressed by the fact that we use the same weights for rack chins and leg extensions....

Keep up the great work,
    Jayson
    Jayson Blanchard
    IFPA Pro

Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    I remember when she was excited to get 100 floors. Now she's damn near doubled that.

and she's getting stronger.

Very proud of you babe
    Thanks honey!! I couldn't do it without you!!

WOW you are amazing! You really inspire and motivate me. You are trully giving it your absolute all for this competition! That is something that makes you a great competitor.... you hold nothing back. Bring it all or nothing, right?

OMG you lift BIG! Congrats on the PR for squats and with your HIIT. And your leg extensions... major ouch lol
    Can I ask how long you have been preping for this contest? Like how long did you bulk for and how long have you been cutting?
    Thank you hun! I never considered myself one to motivate or inspire people, but it's great to know that I have. I have come to the conclusion that I either do this all the way or not at all. There is no middle ground when it comes to this. I want to give it my all and do everything that I can and I will be happy with the outcome, no matter what that may be.

I have been consistently lifting weights for a little over a year now. I started following Layne's advice around Nov 2007. I wanted to look good for our honeymoon (May 08). Then back in August of this past year I started "bulking" and by that I mean I knew how many Cho, Pro and Fat I was consuming and the goal was to add more calories each week without seeing major changes in my weight. For a while there I got up to 275g of CHO and I was not gaining a pound. That was awesome!! I have been dieting for 7.5 wks right now.

Originally Posted by loosehead View Post
    Hey Isabel-

Great progress, you are doing great! I saw your log when you first started it and am just now getting caught up. Keep on pushing hard! The remaining 10 weeks will go by faster than you think (is it strange for someone to be reminding you, than the other way around?!?!?)

On a side note, I am completely depressed by the fact that we use the same weights for rack chins and leg extensions....

Keep up the great work,
    Jayson
    Thanks Jayson!! I really appreciate the encouragement. I agree, the past 7.5 wks have flown by, so I know that the next 10 will do the same! It will be here before I know it! YIKES!!

Hahaha! Sorry to hear that I guess!
    NGA FIGURE PRO

MEMBER TEAM NORTON
    www.biolayne.com

TEAM SCIVATION
    www.scivation.com

The LATin ASSasin:

Tuesday 2/24/09
    Upper Body Power Day=REFEED!

Shoulder Presses
    1 set of 5/20 lbs (warm-up)
    1 set of 5/25 lbs
    1 set of 5/30 lbs
    1 set of 5/35 lbs
    2 set of 4/40 lbs*PR
    I was so excited to have been able to push the 40lbs DBs!!! I had been eyeing them for a while now!!!

Incline DB Curls
    1 set of 12/20 lbs
    1 set of 12/25 lbs
    1 set of 10/30 lbs
    1 set of 10/32.5 lbs*PR

Rack chins
    1 set of 8/BW (warm-up)
    1 set of 5/25 lbs
    1 set of 5/35 lbs
    1 set of 5/45 lbs
    1 set of 5/50 lbs
    1 set of 5/60 lbs

Cable lateral raises (front & back)
    3 sets each of 8/30 lbs

Cambered curls
    3 sets of 8/60 lbs

Dips
    3 sets of 6/35 lbs

Closed Grip Pulldowns
    1 set of 5/120 lbs
    1 set of 5/140 lbs
    2 sets of 5/150 lbs

Rear Pec Dec Fly
    3 sets of 8/100 lbs

Reverse Cable Pressdowns
    3 sets of 6/130 lbs

I had an awesome workout! When I got to the gym I was pissed off and tiered. It had been a really long day at work and I was exhausted. I was so happy to have take out my frustrations in the gym!

Tonight-Mod Intensity cardio and some abs.
    It's a beautiful day and I am heading home to take my puppy for a walk. Never hurts to get some extra cardio in!
    NGA FIGURE PRO

MEMBER TEAM NORTON
    www.biolayne.com

TEAM SCIVATION
    www.scivation.com

The LATin ASSasin:

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast