str8edge_muay will become famous soon enough. (+50) str8edge_muay will become famous soon enough. (+50) str8edge_muay will become famous soon enough. (+50) str8edge_muay will become famous soon enough. (+50) str8edge_muay will become famous soon enough. (+50) str8edge_muay will become famous soon enough. (+50) str8edge_muay will become famous soon enough. (+50) str8edge_muay will become famous soon enough. (+50) str8edge_muay will become famous soon enough. (+50) str8edge_muay will become famous soon enough. (+50) str8edge_muay will become famous soon enough. (+50)

If you dont eat enough fat but high protein - you get fat?

What happens if you dont eat enough fat but your carbs stay under 20g a day? Ive been having a few days where my fat has no wher been high. Is that bad what would happen would i gain more fat because im consuming alot of protein and really low carbns and fats?

Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500) Jack612blue is not very helpful. (-500)
    Ok when on keto your supposed to have 65% come from fats, 30% protein, and 5% carbs. No more than 40g of carbs per day. When you dont get enough fat in your diet and have too much protein, the body actually stops burning fat and resorts to using protein as its fuel source. Not good because burning protein actually eats up your muscle. As muscles themselves burn fat, you might want to keep your muscles, so starting more fats such as peanut butter and cheese.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jack612blue View Post
    Ok when on keto your supposed to have 65% come from fats, 30% protein, and 5% carbs. No more than 40g of carbs per day. When you dont get enough fat in your diet and have too much protein, the body actually stops burning fat and resorts to using protein as its fuel source. Not good because burning protein actually eats up your muscle. As muscles themselves burn fat, you might want to keep your muscles, so starting more fats such as peanut butter and cheese.
    No it doesn't lol.

OP, you cannot realistically gain fat in a calorie defecit so if you don't eat too much don't worry about it.

You'll be happiest with the diet if you keep to 65%fat 35% protein with incidental carbs.....
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jack612blue View Post
    Nonsense. Eating high protein is what allows a dieter to keep lean mass while losing fat. Protein is more protein sparing than fat or carbs.

OP, the only risk is feeling tired and low energy. If you don't like eating that much fat, and you're not feeling lethargic, then don't worry about it. Personally, I switched out of keto to a very high protein, low calorie diet, and I'm doing much better.

IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tiffany_P View Post
    Nonsense. Eating high protein is what allows a dieter to keep lean mass while losing fat. Protein is more protein sparing than fat or carbs.

OP, the only risk is feeling tired and low energy. If you don't like eating that much fat, and you're not feeling lethargic, then don't worry about it. Personally, I switched out of keto to a very high protein, low calorie diet, and I'm doing much better.
    Heya..Happy new year,
    So u trying the rapid fat loss...how's it going??
    Believe it is possible to solve your problem. Tremendous things happen to the believer. So believe the answer will come. It will.
    Norman Vincent Peale

avenged7x4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) avenged7x4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) avenged7x4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) avenged7x4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) avenged7x4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) avenged7x4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) avenged7x4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) avenged7x4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) avenged7x4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) avenged7x4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) avenged7x4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000)

sorry to thread hi-jack
    im actually interested in this kind of diet and i have some q's would it be alright if i pm you them?

brb getting bigger than u algforcek's Avatar
    algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

Repped. Good post.
    Hi JeNN!
    My weightloss journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111720161
    Cheat Meals: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111993701

jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500) jessiebrown_et is not very helpful. (-500)
    I thought it was only muscle/protein sparing because you were eating so much fat your body used the fat for energy, so it ignored protein as a fuel source...

If you ate close to 50/50 fat/protein and low carbs what would your body do, still use the fat?
    Jan 26, 2010-cutting started. Goal:170!

Doing tricks for reps till im out of the red :-)

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jessiebrown_et View Post
    I thought it was only muscle/protein sparing because you were eating so much fat your body used the fat for energy, so it ignored protein as a fuel source...

If you ate close to 50/50 fat/protein and low carbs what would your body do, still use the fat?
    No...... You are providing lots of smino acids for muscle repair and regeneration.
    Like Brutis...you can do dis.

HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jessiebrown_et View Post

Likely, whatever protein is not being utilized for protein synthesis atm will be used to produce glucose in the glucose deficient body; this may limit the amount of fat that will be used for fuel while protein levels are high and readily available.
    Bachelor and Master of Exercise Science at Miami University

Doctorate of Physical Therapy Student at Jefferson College of Health Professions

Stayin' Shredded is what I do

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IrishGirlwww View Post
    Heya..Happy new year,
    So u trying the rapid fat loss...how's it going??
    Sorta. I'm not hardcore enough to do it perfectly. However, I've been doing it during the week. On the weekends, I've been more relaxed. It's working quite well, and it's not that bad because I'm taking and E/C stack. Once the E/C stops working, I'll probably try PSMF every other day (non-workout days).

IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10) IrishGirlwww is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck ....glad to hear its working
    Believe it is possible to solve your problem. Tremendous things happen to the believer. So believe the answer will come. It will.
    Norman Vincent Peale

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Eating too many calories will keep you fat no matter what diet you are on.

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    Eating too many calories will keep you fat no matter what diet you are on.
    Man speaks the truth.
    Like Brutis...you can do dis.