Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    what do my abs look like? ny_chow's Avatar
    ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Smile An ENDOMORPH is getting SERIOUS! and needs YOUR HELP!

this will be my new workout log. Having done a couple of logs in the past, I have found them quite fun and motivating. Before I begin, helpful/encouraging posts in my log will be repped!

as the title states I am an endomorph

Endomorph:
    Endomorph - naturally heavy and has an easy time gaining weight (more so fat than muscle) and a hard time losing it.

Stats:
    Male
    5'7"
    162 pds(approx)

I have been lifting seriously for over almost a year and a half. A not so natural athlete, every gain I make comes from hard work.

In this log, I will be experimenting with different programs, supplementation, and nutrition. I NEED your help especially with my nutrition. Any input is appreciated. I will be trying to take pictures of everything I eat.

Current Supplementation:
    PreWorkout:
    Nutrabolic's Skin Bursting Stack (Creatine and Arginine)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nbol/skin.html

Post Workout:
    1 scoop Monster Maxx (mass gainer)
    http://www.*************.com/Monster....-p-16731.html

Serving Size: 4 Scoops
    Amount Per Serving:
    Calories 1000 kcal
    Total Fat 8 g 12%
    Sodium 540 mg 23%
    Potassium 1870 mg 55%
    Total Carbohydrates 172 g 57%
    Protein 52 g

1 scoop All Whey Protein
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/whey.html

Nutrition:
    I don't plan to weigh everything out and eat strictly to macros. I believe that everything in moderation is OK. However right now, I'm trying to cut while maintaining muscle mass. Right now, I plan on eating clean with low carbs. As I am Chinese, our meals are very carb heavy and this will be a drastic change from my normal diet. However my meals go by what ever my mom cooks (yes living at home, yes teenager). Thus I will try and take pics of things I eat normally, and see what you guys think.
    I rep back (2k+, put in comment)

ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ny_chow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Current Pics

Current Training Schedule

Starting now, I will be doing a 3 day split

Monday - Chest/bi
    Wed - Legs/ shoulders
    Fri - Back/ tri

If I hit the gym on tuesday or thursday, it will be cardio/ abs/ stretch.
    I plan to make it at least one of the two days.

for Cardio:
    I currently play hockey and soccer.
    Hockey is 3 times a week.
    Soccer is 2 times a week.
    The cardio from these two sports should be sufficient.

However today(saturday) I will be doing back/tri. The holidays have impacted my schedule as Im sure they have done to yours. Next week it will be back to normal

A Horrendous Start

this is NOT the way I wanted my log to start, but what can I do.
    Here's the story.

A couple days ago I was doing a bodyweight circuit at home( pushups, one leg squats etc). Well the next day I wake up and my left arm hurts. There is a pain right where the bicep and shoulder meets, and only hurts when i move it.

So the next day it felt fine, so I did another circuit... but it started hurting again.

SO yesterday I hit the gym and heres what I did before my arm acted up:
    5x5 Back/Tri:

Deadlift

Tri Pulldown

Lat Pulldown

Ez Bar Skullcrushers (weight on both sides)

My arm started acting up again during the lat pulldowns. I decided to call it quits at the skullcrushers. Ill rather heal up and come back at full strength, then have to workout at 50% for awhile. Its the pull motion from the lat pulldown that agravated it. And it originally hurt from pushups, so i think its a shoulder problem.

xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    pics looking pretty good for 160 man. you do have extra fat but its not a huge issue at this point. regarding the problem with your arm, make sure you are totally healthy when training, thats the most important thing. will be following this, good luck!

Originally Posted by xRZRx View Post
    pics looking pretty good for 160 man. you do have extra fat but its not a huge issue at this point. regarding the problem with your arm, make sure you are totally healthy when training, thats the most important thing. will be following this, good luck!
    thanks man, appreciate the comments

xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ny_chow View Post
    thanks man, appreciate the comments
    no problem, i actually just started a log as well if you are interested

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post268702061

Leg Pics

Here are some leg pics, realized I didnt take any yesterday

Today's Dinner
    first off, I live at home so my Mom usually prepares my food. Its home cooked chinese food so its usually pretty healthy, but very carb heavy (Rice).

here is a pic of what I ate for dinner

the meat and carrot dish right in front is ox tail. i only ate one piece of meat from there because it was quite greasy. Then u have the vegetables, and the meat/egg/onion dish. I ate mostly that one.
    And as always I had a bowl of white rice. Im trying to cut down my rice intake, especially at night.

I also had a protein shake today, 1 1/2 scoops of all whey which is roughly 40 grams protein. For breakfast, I had a banana (10 30 am).

at lunch(12:30) we had prime rib and fried rice. I ate a couple slices or prime rib as it was quite fatty(i made sure to cut off visible fat) and had a serving of rice.

Leg Workout Jan 5 09

with my left shoulder still out of commission, I dont know how long it will be until I can get an upper body workout. so today I did legs

first off, i have switched off of Nutrabolic's Skin Bursting Stack.
    I am now taking SNS's Creatine and Beta Alanine
    found
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sns/betaalanine.html
    and
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sns/e2.html

this is my second cycle of it, and i thoroughly enjoyed it. The reason for the switch is that I felt like my workouts were starting to lack, and the energy the BA gives me always helps.

Even without loading it, the tingles from the BA were awesome today and definitely helped with my workout. It can only get better from here!

Leg Workout:
    Squat
    10 x 135
    10 x 225
    8 x 245 (new PR)
    10 x 225

Leg Curl
    3 x 10 x 100

Leg Extension
    3 x 10 x 100

Calf Raises
    3 x 12 x 200 (the stack on this machine)

Horizontal Hack Squat
    3 x 10 x 300

Comments:
    Pretty happy today, set a new pr for squats. The horizontal hack squat really killed my legs at the end. I was really grunting out those last few reps. If I can walk tommorow, I will be very surprised.
    Diet update coming after dinner

Today's Diet

7:30 - peanut butter sandwich

10:15 - half of lunch (leftovers from yesterday, rice, egg, beef, onion, some other form of beef)

11:30 - other half of lunch

1:20 - post workout shake (1 scoop mass gainer, 1 scoop protein)

4:30 - apple

7:30 - dinner(basically leftovers as well, mom cooked same stuff lol)

Before Bed - will have 1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Casein Whey
    Last edited by ny_chow; 01-05-2009 at 08:23 PM.

btw I dont think I mentioned it above, but I have decided to cut now after these two threads

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113140581
    and
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113141911

people callin me fat

tommyboyboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommyboyboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommyboyboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommyboyboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommyboyboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommyboyboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommyboyboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommyboyboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommyboyboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommyboyboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tommyboyboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you're doing too much in the tri pulldown try less and making the muscle do the work

Cardio/Abs/stretch Jan 6 09

so today I decided to do a nice relaxing cardio/abs/stretch session. if my left shoulder is up to it, tmrw I will be doing an upperbody workout, probably biceps/triceps as it is less strenous on the shoulder.

I continued taking Creatine and Beta Alanine. I only take 3 caps a day, which is one serving. The recommended dosage is 2 servings a day, however I still get crazy BA tingles. Did I mention that I love those?

Todays Workout:
    12 min elliptical
    Stretch for approx 10-15 min

10 min stairmaster ( this really killed as my legs are so sore from yesterday)
    Ab Workout, I do a circuit of:
    Tuck Crunches (bottom of this page)
    Leg Raises
    Oblique Crunches
    Jacknife Sit up

I do three circuits of 20/10/10 on the sides/10
    or until failure.

then I did 2 sets of 10 on the Captains Chair (leg raises)
    and finally
    Dumbbell Side Bend
    3 x 10 x 60

Comments: My abs were really starting to burn at the end. I dont usually an ab workout.

Tommorow I plan on hitting the gym and probably doing a bicep/ forearm workout. I have a hockey game tmrw nite and thursday night so I probably wont be doing any cardio in the gym. But I will see tommorow.

Originally Posted by tommyboyboy View Post
    you're doing too much in the tri pulldown try less and making the muscle do the work
    what do u mean? my muscle is doing the work, i can feel the burn in my tris

that was 5 x 5 . when i do 10 reps, i rep out 120 no probs

My Goals

just to outline my goals to refer back to.

1) Cut down 155
    2) Improve forearm, ab and shoulder strength/size

shoulder workout will have to wait until my injury heals

Todays Diet

Breakfast

Lunch

Post Workout Shake (BB.com shaker!)

Dinner

dish of broccoli, tofu, pork. Also had a bowl of rice. I did not eat any tofu, and had a lot of broccoli.

I ate breakfast at 7:30
    Part of lunch 10:15
    Post Workout @ 12:00
    Rest of lunch @ 1:50
    I had Sludge(no pic) @ 5:00
    Dinner : 7:30

Edit: breakfast was a bun with peanut butter on top and dumplings

Bicep/Forearm Jan 7 09

today did a bicep / forearm workout. Was looking forward to doing my forearms as my grip is starting to suck.

I took 3 caps of creatine and 3 caps of beta alanine. It was great as usuall; BA tingles were off the hook. Today I will be taking another serving before my hockey game.

I only got in 6 hours of sleep last night. Couldnt sleep, some things on my mind. SO I was worried about my workout today, but it turned out pretty good

10 min warmup on elliptical:

Bicep/Forearm:
    Standing BB Curl:
    3 x 10 x 60

Lying Incline Curl:
    3 x 10 x 30

Alternating Hammer Curl:
    3 x 10 x 25

Wrist Curls (Right/Left Hand):
    10/10 x 25
    10/7 x 30

3 x Farmers Walks Back/Forth across gym @ 45 pds/ hand
    I know this isnt something you can compare too, but this journal is mainly for me

Comments:
    Biceps and Forearms were really spent after todays workout. I'm worried they are going to be too tired for my hockey game; we shall see.

My shoulder felt pretty good today. Then again I didnt do anything using shoulders. Tommorow I will feel it out. I would really like to get a shoulder workout in.

Today's Diet

Breakfast (banana and protein shake)

Lunch( rice with pork, carrots, and broccoli)

Dinner (mom bought takeout due to time constraints)

This meal would have been perfect if I was bulking. As I am cutting, I did not eat that much. it was a carb heavy meal with not a lot of protein. The carbs are needed though as I have to leave for a hockey game soon.
    I plan on having a protein shake after the hockey game to meet my protein requirements.

FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50)

hey dude

im doing the same split ive never done a 3 day split i used to use a lot vol and it worked but i was in the gym at least 6 times a week now i dont have too much time in my hands i hope that when i get to 160 ill be happy with a body like yours (no homo) damn i wish there was someone that cooked in my house everyday haha

thanks dude,
    u cutting or bulking?
    cuttings a bitch
    Last edited by ny_chow; 01-07-2009 at 11:11 PM.

11 pm Update

just got back from my hockey game. great game, very tiring. at one point I felt like throwing up. Throwing up might be seen as hardcore in the BB world, but on a hockey rink, its just a bitch. Huge delay to clean it up.

We won 5- 2 I had a huge hit on this over 6 foot guy and then set up a goal. Being a manlet, this was extremely satisfying (yes Napoleon Complex).

anyways after the game, I had a protein shake of 1 scoop AllWhey and 1 scoop On Casein Whey.

Tmrw I will hit the gym for a light workout, then have another hockey game at night

wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow...you have a very good taste in food sir. I LOVE Asian food. Do you by chance have the recipe for that ox tail???

Anyway, you have a nice journal going. I'm an endomorph as well and have pretty bad metabolism, so I know the feeling have how hard you have to work.
    I want to work hard and do my best in life so I never have to ask myself "what if".

Springfield Rugby Football Club

=Team Don't Work=

My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121171491

Rams/Cardinals/Blues/MU Tigers/UM Wolverines

thanks man

lol my taste in food... well i grow up all around it you know so... its kinda normal for me. Ill see if I can get the recipe.

repped

FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatSoonGone will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ny_chow View Post
    thanks dude,
    u cutting or bulking?
    cuttings a bitch
    cutting i only get hungry sometimes like around midnight other than that its alright

haha yeah i try to eat every 3 hours in order to avoid getting hungry.

Shoulder/abs Workout Jan 08 09

Oh boy am I tired today. 2 days straight with 6 hours or less sleep. Not good I know, but nm I can do with late hockey games and early classes

today I was quite happy to have done my shoulder workout. I experienced slight discomfort in my left shoulder, but it went away as the workout progressed. I guess the real telling factor will be time and how I feel tommorow.

I contined taking SNS's creatine and Beta Alanine. It really is great and I would recommend it for anyone.

Anyways onto the important stuff

10 min wamup on elliptical
    Shoulder/abs

Arnold Presses:
    10 x 25
    3 x 10 x 45

Front Raises:
    3 x 10 x 20

Lateral Raises:
    3 x 10 x 25

Lying Incline Reverse Flyes:
    3 x 10 x 20

Barbell Shrugs:
    10 x 135
    10 x 225
    15 x 225
    20 x 225
    12 x 225

3x Ab Circuit (20/10/20/10)
    Tuck Crunches (bottom of this page)
    Leg Raises
    Oblique Crunches
    Jacknife Sit up

2 sets of 10 on the Captains Chair (leg raises)

Comments: Good shoulder workout. My shoulder strength has not improved in a very long time to do lack of training. My traps are already sore; I can feel them as I type.

Hockey Game tonight will serve for Cardio

I also went out and bought 2 5lbers from my local GNC. total came to $94, which is good for Canadian prices. They are having a BOGO sale. buy one get one half off.

Pic of said protein

Yum yum
    both chocolate flavour

Today's Diet
    again very carb heavy, mom had to get take out again.

Breakfast -Chicken Bun 6 :15 am

Lunch - Mainly Rice 1/4 @ 9:30, rest at 1:00

Post workout Shake @ 12:00

Sludge @ 4:00

Dinner 6:00
    theres a lot of food. I only ate a little of each.

same stuff as yesterday

looks gross in pic, but is actually prettty good