MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

To those of you who have had shoulder surgery

Im getting a labrum repair done on 1/6.

The thing is, recently, my left shoulder has felt FINE. Yea, it would probably still kill if I did bench a lot, but overall the day to day functionality is fine. I was readng a website and it said return to heavy lifting isn't guaranteed. I don't know if I should take the 6-12 months of hell with surgical recovery (espec. during senior year of college) just for a slight chance Ill eventually return to benching. What do you guys think? How did your shoulders feel day to day before you had the surgery? I feel as tho it is still improving and so I dont know if the surgery is a good idea.

Also, to add insult to injury, my right shoulder has been hurting more than my left and I have no idea why.

pict is on a distinguished road. (+10) pict is on a distinguished road. (+10) pict is on a distinguished road. (+10) pict is on a distinguished road. (+10) pict is on a distinguished road. (+10) pict is on a distinguished road. (+10) pict is on a distinguished road. (+10) pict is on a distinguished road. (+10) pict is on a distinguished road. (+10) pict is on a distinguished road. (+10) pict is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had a 2.5 cm tear repaired on November 29th. I went through periods where my shoulder hurt less, than at other times. I understand that a tear won't heal, without intervention.

I have 3 new titanium anchors, and a little less bone in "the capsule".

I also have to say my shoulder still HURTS". The physical therapy HURTS (it hurts 45-60 minutes at a time, 2-3 times per day), but my ROM is pretty close to 90% (but it HURTS). I have next to no strength in my left arm at the moment.

The arm was immobilized (except for PT, starting on day 3) for 30 days. Then I was limited on just about every thing. I get to start jogging now (week six), and strength training on week twelve.

I'm also a little depressed, and I've lost weight at a rate of about 3 lbs per week, since the surgery.

Good luck, because I believe it is a surgery that has to be done.
    "two things only the people anxiously desire-bread and circuses" juvenal(100-128ad)

jhoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhoney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you need to have the surgery. some people heal faster than others and some have more pain than others. i had the surgery and was back lifting in 4 months. 2 years later im back benching 285. before surgery i wasnt able to do just the bar because of the pain

MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MattinNC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for the replies. See I hear all ya, the reason I'm not sure about the surgery is because I feel almost 100% now. Apparently it will never heal tho, and i guess the reason Im 100% is caus I havent done anything on it in months. Im not sure how it would react if I began lifting again. I am going to go for it tho, I made my mind up yesterday. Hopefully because I let it get better the recovery time after surgery will be less.