Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by stillbroker View Post
    Hey man! I am flattered that you have been following my input as I only had one post on this topic, you must be a fan of mine or you wouldnt have noticed the other posts. I don't think that my posts would draw any comment if they were meritless, but on the other hand you may just have a Bowflex in your closet. In that case please dont take my comments to heart.
    LMAO... yeah poor keetman... his whole basement consists of a bowflex, a standard weider bench, the mini select techs and a fat jiggler. and he only paid $4000 for all of it.
    Shouldn't you be lifting something heavy instead of reading this?

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 8
    Workout Equipment Crew: We do it on Power Racks
    Bashing the Bowflex since 2008 for DiamondDelts

Bulldozer feeds upon the weaker as they fall. Bulldozer crushes all! - Machine Head

Owes me a case of beer: dolson27

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Hey man! I am flattered that you have been following my input as I only had one post on this topic, you must be a fan of mine or you wouldnt have noticed the other posts. I don't think that my posts would draw any comment if they were meritless, but on the other hand you may just have a Bowflex in your closet. In that case please dont take my comments to heart.

Huh? I realize I didn't put any happy faces in my post, but go back and reread it....slowly. Most of the new guys on here come into a thread like this and defend in some manner or another, the precious bowflex. You did not, you beat on it. I liked that.

I F'ing hate the bowflex for exactly the reasons you posted about. My post was supposed to be funny. The "big brain on stillbroker comment" was a throwback to Pulp Fiction.....one of my favorite movies.

I was giving you a sideways, behind the back, sarcastic compliment.

Originally Posted by deseee View Post
    LMAO... yeah poor keetman... his whole basement consists of a bowflex, a standard weider bench, the mini select techs and a fat jiggler. and he only paid $4000 for all of it.

I also have a total gym and a gazelle. I had a thigh master, but it gave me calluses, so I gave it to my mom so she could work on her grip strength.

And the whole gym setup cost me $5360.36 including tax and shipping/handling as I bought everything from the TV ads.

Thanks for getting my back, but I think Stillbroker and I will be ok.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

You overpaid for that Bowflex!

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Huh? I realize I didn't put any happy faces in my post, but go back and reread it....slowly. Most of the new guys on here come into a thread like this and defend in some manner or another, the precious bowflex. You did not, you beat on it. I liked that.

I F'ing hate the bowflex for exactly the reasons you posted about. My post was supposed to be funny. The "big brain on stillbroker comment" was a throwback to Pulp Fiction.....one of my favorite movies.

I was giving you a sideways, behind the back, sarcastic compliment.

I also have a total gym and a gazelle. I had a thigh master, but it gave me calluses, so I gave it to my mom so she could work on her grip strength.

And the whole gym setup cost me $5360.36 including tax and shipping/handling as I bought everything from the TV ads.

Thanks for getting my back, but I think Stillbroker and I will be ok.
    Keetman, I have no I idea what you are talking about but anyone who has read "Atlas Shrugged" is probably OK. BTW before you go out Bowflex shopping again drop me a line I have some beach front condos in Las Vegas I want to sell you.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Keetman, I have no I idea what you are talking about but anyone who has read "Atlas Shrugged" is probably OK. BTW before you go out Bowflex shopping again drop me a line I have some beach front condos in Las Vegas I want to sell you.

Fair enough.

Oh, I not only read "Atlas Shrugged"......I'm living it.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

there needs to be a "sarcasm warning" at the top of the page or something. it seems that keetman gets everyone's panties in a bunch.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

Talking

I'm just living the dream man, minding my own business and pow.......I get kicked in the kidneys everytime I turn around.

Victim of circumstance I tell ya.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm just living the dream man, minding my own business and pow.......I get kicked in the kidneys everytime I turn around.

Victim of circumstance I tell ya.
    i got your back brotha.

some people just take the intraweb too personally.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Maybe we all need official titles? Keetman can be "flame thrower" Hk can be "negtrain conducter" etc..
    Shouldn't you be lifting something heavy instead of reading this?

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 8
    Workout Equipment Crew: We do it on Power Racks
    Bashing the Bowflex since 2008 for DiamondDelts

Bulldozer feeds upon the weaker as they fall. Bulldozer crushes all! - Machine Head

Owes me a case of beer: dolson27

Wink

Originally Posted by deseee View Post
    Maybe we all need official titles? Keetman can be "flame thrower" Hk can be "negtrain conducter" etc..

Damn deseee, I was thinking short bald guy with a hard crusty outside and soft gooey middle.......but Flamethrower is much more succinct.

Flamethrower for the win!

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jd1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Woah I didn't know what a Bowflex was so I just googled it............ LOL!

Those "complete gym" style ones look bloody dangerous!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by jd1979 View Post
    Woah I didn't know what a Bowflex was so I just googled it............ LOL!

Those "complete gym" style ones look bloody dangerous!!!!!!!!

Dangerous to your wallet!

You from across the pond? Well if so, I have now learned one asset to having the limited supply you guys seem to suffer from........you've never heard of the noflex.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stillbroker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking

Hey, I just posted an article on ezine that is technically critical of the Bowflex. You guys may get a kick out of it. If this thread is still open in a few days I will post a link to it (after it gets through review and is published).

Just in case you need a some empirical evidence to use as future fodder other than Keetman's profanity and esoteric sarcasm.

Damn deseee, I was thinking short bald guy with a hard crusty outside and soft gooey middle.......but Flamethrower is much more succinct.

Flamethrower for the win!
    perfect! then can i be the short bald guy? pretty please?

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    perfect! then can i be the short bald guy? pretty please?

Nope.

I dub thee...."Dude With Nice Rack".

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Nope.

I dub thee...."Dude With Nice Rack".
    wow, that sounds kinda... nevermind.

Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    wow, that sounds kinda... nevermind.

I wrote it out and erased it 3 times before I found the version I wanted.

I must have got it right!

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

I wrote it out and erased it 3 times before I found the version I wanted.

I must have got it right!
    ya, i guess you did. i want a cool name, like "t-bone".

BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't have any Bowflex questions but I've been a member now since like last March I believe and I still don't know how to insert those little icons into the message section. That's why most of my posts have icons because that is the only one I know how to post lol Can somebody please enlighten me on how to position these icons?

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BigToddy View Post
    I don't have any Bowflex questions but I've been a member now since like last March I believe and I still don't know how to insert those little icons into the message section. That's why most of my posts have icons because that is the only one I know how to post lol Can somebody please enlighten me on how to position these icons?
    Go to the bottom of page on the left and click on the link that says "Smilies are on". It will open a new page and give you the codes for all the different smilies.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post
    Go to the bottom of page on the left and click on the link that says "Smilies are on". It will open a new page and give you the codes for all the different smilies.
    Thank you!

Just testing

yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey don't knock the Bowflex. Its a good piece of equipment. I say this for when I was working out at home I had about 200 on the bar on free weights and went to failure and had to tilt the bar to get out from under it(I learned early on not to put sleeves on when training alone). Cracks some of the ceiling as the plates slid off the bar on to the floor above the dining room. With the Bowflex I no longer have that issue.

I do think a combination is important of freeweights and pulleys/Bowflex.

Is it expensive? Well getting a gym membership and going 10 x out of the year is expensive. And some of the people who outfit their garages on this site have spent more than the $2000, I had spent. I do use my bowflex 4x a week and sometimes more. So to me and probably the older couple getting rid of their old equipment its a great deal. But to some it may be a coat hanger or in the back of someone's closet, and that there is the problem with any equipment people purchase.

Does slick marketing sell the equipment? Remember the soloflex? That was the beginning of the marketing blitz for home equipment. Then there was the nordic track, then the bowflex. How about hammer strength machines? Do they not have a marketing campaign? So the answer is yes to create an awareness. Most people do not buy machines based on the adds. They usually look at sites like this and others that break down and inform us if they really do what they say they do(consumer reports). Then some actually try it out if they can. I can only hope that that is the process that people do when looking at exercise equipment.

Keep on B-flexing!

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    WOW anyway hammerstrength has a home line?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 15

Repping crew for life.

I rep back.:)

Ive got a new training partner.:)

Dirty Bulking.:)

yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yep, check out Dicks sporting goods.

PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PullBig has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thats just wrong.

Repping crew for life.

Cool

Originally Posted by yitmy View Post
    ....... I say this for when I was working out at home I had about.200 on the bar on free weights and went to failure and had to tilt the bar to get out from under it(I learned early on not to put sleeves on when training alone). Cracks some of the ceiling as the plates slid off the bar on to the floor above the dining room. With the Bowflex I no longer have that issue.....

So you have a history of choosing the wrong equipment? What a testimony! LOL. Stand alone bench presses suck too, just for this reason......there may be a very credible point to everyone here telling people to get a rack.

The only way a bowflex is cost efficient is if its purchased used, period. I hope people come here for info and reviews of the bowflex.....they'll go out of business.

No flames intended, your exuberence is just funny. A rack, bench, weights, and bar will be cheaper and do more for you....even if purchased new. They are safe, effective, and don't take up any more room.

Keep on no-flexing.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Safe buddy? define safe please? For you seem to have not read my post.

Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Domer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Look at pictures of a full rack, there are safeties that you set to a certain height so they will catch the bar if you fail. They run all the way across the rack so it is impossible to miss them. No need to drop weights, the rack will protect you!

Ah so I get it you need a big space to place the rack and then you acquire a decent bench to go inside the rack and then you place the weights on the bar. I see. So let me see I have to go out and purchase a rack. Move it to the place where I will be exercising in my home. Already does not seem convenient. And then get a bench to go underneath.

If I had to do all that my wife would have shown me the door. I would still be in the gym if I was using free-weights only. Due to there are others who can spot me. At home with the rack in a small house, with my kids about- seems like a recipe for disaster.

A rack does not take up any more space than an olympic bench.

Repping crew for life.

Originally Posted by yitmy View Post
    Safe buddy? define safe please? For you seem to have not read my post.

Yea I read your post and I read that you like to not use collars (a safety feature) and drop the weights off the bar when you go to failure. That's all very unsafe.

Sometimes people are confused by the term "rack". Its standardly used for pretty much anything that stands upright, holds a barbell, and allows the user to press or squat. Around here, the term usually refers to a full cage with four uprights. Its probably not correct for us to refer to it that way because it can be confusing. But it is what it is.

A full cage, as Domer has explained, allows the user to safely lift to failure while using collars. The safety spotters are designed to catch the bar if the weight is too much. It works with benching, squating, pulls, and overhead presses. Because the spotters run front to back from upright to upright, they can not miss the dropped bar and will protect the user in the event of a failure.

I assumed you were using a standard bench press when you dropped the weight. Bench press units do not typically have a full safety spotters and the user must take other precautions to keep from eating the barbell.

A full cage is safe up to its max capacity. If you were using one when you had to side drop weights, you were using it incorrectly. If you were using a bench press, you're right, they're not safe. But that is not what I was refering to.

Again, you can do more effective work, just as safely, for a cheaper buy in price with freeweights. I have no doubt the bowflex will do something for someone who uses it on a regular basis. Its just too expensive for what it does and there are many cheaper options.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13