TrippleSixing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrippleSixing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrippleSixing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrippleSixing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrippleSixing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrippleSixing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrippleSixing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrippleSixing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How is it possible that I lost 2kg of MUSCLE weight in 1 month of lifting?

So I started hitting the GYM (used to workout at home since like 15), started with going everyday 5 days a week, and since they gave me my full body routine (kinda like body pump), I've been told to go 3-4 times a week, which I did. I've been eating more than I've used to (except a couple of days that I didn't eat any lunch, and 1 day that I only ate a sandwich all day, but didn't work out), trying not to be more than 3 hours without eating etc...
    -My weight is 60kg or 132.2 pounds on underwear, and according to their machine I have or used to have 54kg of muscle and 5kg bodyfat.

So a month has passed and they wanted to see my progress today, I was told to stand on that machine again (its like a scale, where you pull this handle and hold it up, set your age and heigh and somehow it calculates your water lvls, muscle weight, fat etc... So after this was done, I was told that I had lost 2 kg (after 1 MONTH of hard work), and the strange part is, those 2kg aren't even fat loss, but muscle loss.
    How is it possible? Since I'm lifting more than I used to (some days I seem to go weaker tho), and I honestly think I can already see a bit of a difference on my body, but it could be psychological or smth. But no, according to the freakin machine I lost muscle. How!??! I have fast or very fast metabolism btw..

Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Those machines are terribly inaccurate.

Don't sweat it. Keep working hard, eating right, and getting proper rest and you will be fine.
    View my progress at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154724503

Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit." - George Sheehan

Low aim is the biggest crime a man can commit. -- Bruce Lee

"Why do I lift? I have many things left that I want to do in my life and I cannot think of a single one that I can do from a scooter" - me

Jtirreno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jtirreno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jtirreno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jtirreno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jtirreno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jtirreno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jtirreno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jtirreno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jtirreno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jtirreno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jtirreno will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's broken
    B-285
    S-275
    D-380

Goal- more

r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50) r3dt4get will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you keep track of how much weight you lift each session? If you can lift more weight now than you could a month ago, you didn't lose any muscle. The best way to measure body fat for normal folks without fancy equipment is body fat calipers.

TrippleSixing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrippleSixing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrippleSixing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrippleSixing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrippleSixing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrippleSixing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrippleSixing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrippleSixing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by r3dt4get View Post
    Do you keep track of how much weight you lift each session? If you can lift more weight now than you could a month ago, you didn't lose any muscle. The best way to measure body fat for normal folks without fancy equipment is body fat calipers.
    Kinda.. I do lift more than I did when I started, but some days I go weaker for some reason, and just give in and fail to lift it and just go down a bit, which is demotivating. But on the long run, yes I do lift more than when I started. Although I appear to be weaker with dumbells now. I guess it's because I barely use them with the work plan they gave me. My posture just goes out of control way earlier and with lighter weights than it used to. But I lift more than I ever did on dumbells on those 'machines'.

BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BioSmith91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TrippleSixing View Post
    So I started hitting the GYM (used to workout at home since like 15), started with going everyday 5 days a week, and since they gave me my full body routine (kinda like body pump), I've been told to go 3-4 times a week, which I did. I've been eating more than I've used to (except a couple of days that I didn't eat any lunch, and 1 day that I only ate a sandwich all day, but didn't work out), trying not to be more than 3 hours without eating etc...
    -My weight is 60kg or 132.2 pounds on underwear, and according to their machine I have or used to have 54kg of muscle and 5kg bodyfat.

So a month has passed and they wanted to see my progress today, I was told to stand on that machine again (its like a scale, where you pull this handle and hold it up, set your age and heigh and somehow it calculates your water lvls, muscle weight, fat etc... So after this was done, I was told that I had lost 2 kg (after 1 MONTH of hard work), and the strange part is, those 2kg aren't even fat loss, but muscle loss.
    How is it possible? Since I'm lifting more than I used to (some days I seem to go weaker tho), and I honestly think I can already see a bit of a difference on my body, but it could be psychological or smth. But no, according to the freakin machine I lost muscle. How!??! I have fast or very fast metabolism btw..
    You don't need a machine to tell you if you've gained or lost muscle. Buy a tape measure, and take all of your according measurements. Shoulder girth has gone up? Congrats, you've gained muscle. Thigh girth has gone up? Congrats, you've gained muscle.
    Strong, aesthetic crew.

My Definitely Not 5/3/1 Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167683321&p=1366691651#post1366691651

Current gym total: 1250@ 218. Goal: 1400 by the end of 2015.

Music to lift heavy stuff: Asking Alexandria, We Came as Romans, Bring Me the Horizon, Jamie's Elsewhere

Originally Posted by BioSmith91 View Post
    You don't need a machine to tell you if you've gained or lost muscle. Buy a tape measure, and take all of your according measurements. Shoulder girth has gone up? Congrats, you've gained muscle. Thigh girth has gone up? Congrats, you've gained muscle.
    You can get those for free on Ikea, correct?