Closed Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    The Female Terminator RosieCheeScott's Avatar
    RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000)

Day 26

0432 - Run 22 min:
    Another early morning run (as I like it). Bit windier this morning than yesterday (all good, though). Set off at a steady pace (no idea yet what the pace was since I have yet to mark out/measure distances, but it was not that fast). Body felt a little fatigued, but managed ok. Legs were fine. Not long until I can get back to the level I was at. Felt good when I finished.

0519 - Stretch 21 min.

0610 - Shoulders (1 min recovery):
    1. BB SP 4 x 12; 2 x 20, 30
    2. DB LR 4 x 12, 2 x 20
    3. Reverse Pec Dec (RPD) 4 x 12, 2 x 20
    4. DB SP 2 x 12
    5. DB Shrugs 3 x 10
    A slightly shorter session than yesterday, but no less intense...Started out with BB SP. Did the first set at 40kg (i.e. 88lb). Managed fine, so increased the weight to 50kg (i.e. 110lb) for the second set. The last couple of reps were a bit harder, but gritted teeth and pushed through. Kept it at that weight for the last two sets of 12 reps. Decided for the hell of it to do two high-rep sets after all the 4x12 that I had planned on (for each exercise). Left the weight at 50kg, but had to dropset back to 40kg after 12 reps on the first set and after 10 reps on the second set. Pleased, though...DB LR. Weight that has been my peak for 8-10 reps, and got out 12 reps ok. Increased weight by 12.5% for the second set, and struggled to get out 12 reps. Went back down to initial weight for the last two sets of 12 reps. Decreased weight by 12.5% for the two sets of 20 reps. Separation in anterior delts noticeable (get leaner thoug!) Burning at the end of them! ...RPD was a bit of a battle for each set. Elbows kept slipping down the pads and had to keep adjusting them between reps. Weight was also a little lower than it has been with this??? Ok, though...Did a couple of sets of DB SP because I can. Feeling the fatigue on the 8th rep of the second set, and almost did NOT make 12 reps (but did, barely). Did well, considering...Finished with some DB Shrugs (will stop doing these for a while, though, since no need for them, really)...Good session. Well pleased with it.

1330:
    1. Walking Lunges (with BB on back) 2 x 20
    2. P/U (feet on ground, hands on ground) 2 x 10, 20
    3. Deadlifts 2 x 10, 20
    4. Sit-Ups 2 x 10, 20
    5. Thrusters 2 x 10, 20
    6. Burpees (push-up, to jump up) 2 x 10, 20
    7. Stretch 3 min
    This was an interesting session, and not one I would normally do. For 'training' we have to take each other through sessions based on goals/results given in a mock client meeting, so this is what my 'partner' took me through. The session was done as a circuit (i.e. one set of each exercise done before moving straight to the next exercise), and completed twice...Walking Lunges are something that I have never done before. Were interesting...P/U were fine (feeling my anterior delts and biceps' tendons from yesterday and the earlier resistance session)...Deadlifts were done with a boxing bag instead of a BB and felt weird (more weight needed)...I never do Sit-Ups normally, since they hurt my lower back, and my hip flexors don't really need doing (i.e. I didn't like this exercise)...Thrusters are also something that I have never done before. For those who don't know what they are (and I learnt today as well) you hold a BB in your hands, squat, and at the top of the squat movement you do an overhead press. So, interesting. Good, though...Burpees were done with a variation I have never used before. Good...Finished each circuit with a few minutes of stretching...So, definitely DIFFERENT from anything I am used to or have ever done. A few ideas of things to incorporate into my training programme perhaps...

1503:
    Circuit A:
    1. Overhead Barbell Squat (OH BB S) 1 x 20
    2. P/U (feet on floor, hands on floor) 1 x 20
    3. DB Swing 1 x 20
    4. N-Up 1 x 20
    5. Thruster 1 x 20
    6. Burpees (falling onto hands, push-up, to jump) 1 x 20
    7. m/b Wall Throw Squats (m/b WTS) 1 x 20
    8. Stretch 3 min
    Circuit B (1 min recovery between exercises):
    1. OH BB S 1 min (21 reps)
    2. P/U (feet on floor, hands on floor) 1 min (32 reps)
    3. DB Swing 1 min (25 reps)
    4. N-Up 1 min (19 reps)
    5. Thruster 1 min (28 reps)
    6. Burpees (falling onto hands, push-up, to jump) 1 min (11 reps)
    7. m/b WTS 1 min (33 reps)
    8. Stretch 5 min
    This was another interesting session (yes, as you can tell, with the partner of the 'partner' who took me through the earlier session)...Many exercises were new to me. Which was good. Gave me some variation. Also was quite fatigued after doing everything else (and because I push myself, and wasn't just going to do it 'easy')...Started out by going through each exercise first, demonstrating it to me, and then getting me to do 20 reps...Then was a 'fitness assessment' (and no, would NOT be accurate, considering I was FAR from fresh). Completed each exercise to see how many reps I could do in 1 min...OH BB S was something never done before. Was good. A little balance required, but once slowed down was fine...P/U had left biceps tendon burning...DB Swing was something never done before. For those who don't know what it is, almost like a kettlebell (KB) swing, where in a quarter-to-half-squat position with DB (or KB) in hands between legs, and go up from squat position and swing DB (or KB) over head and bring it back down. REALLY feeling these in my hips...N-Up also never done before. For those who don't know I was lying on back, arms and legs outstretched, shoulders off the floor, and bring myself up so that arms were alongside feet. I really struggled with these (something to work at maybe)...More thrusters. These are fine...Burpees. This variation was quite difficult for me to get in Circuit A, but was fine in Circuit B. VERY demanding and getting HR going...m/b WTS also something I have never done before. For those who don't know what it is, in a squat position, squatting, and when you come up from the squat you throw a m/b from your chest above your head onto a wall, and catch it, and go back down into the squat; it is ONE movement, and continuous; no STOPPING. It also got my HR going...There were a few moments in that session when I seriously thought that my legs would give out or something, but dug in and was determined to give it my best shot...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2230-0315, so ~4.75 hours sleep. Deep sleep; pretty shattered when I went to bed. No recall of dreams...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been on top of my game

Energy: Had it in buckeloads today; back to being the 'energizer bunny' Starting to fade a little between 1530-1600 and feeling like I was going to collapse during the training session, but pushing through...

Motivation: Excellent!

Mood/Aggression: GOOD mood!

Stress: On the 1 to 10 scale sitting at a 7.

Libido: None.

Joints: Fine.

Endurance: Excellent.

Strength: Up (BB SP, DB LR), maintaining for the rep range (DB SP, DB Shrugs), and down (RPD).

Quality of Training: Excellent. Pretty happy with the way training has been the last couple of days! Be like that ALL the time I want to be!!!

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in the gym in deltoids, yes...Vascularity good...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Delts and arms. Glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: Still looking soft. Can see the extra water from my waist down, and belly looking less flat than it was...Just get LEAN, girl!...

Appetite: Eaten what I had to today...Been using the [vanilla] LG Sciences Lipotropic Protein mixed with water as shakes, and the taste is quite grainy. Even mixed with just water it is thick and 'creamy', but in a good way. The only thing that I do not like it is that it seems to leave me a little bloated for a few hours after the shake; don't have that experience when mix it in with oats (interesting). I REALLY like this protein though. And the taste is fine; second best tasting protein powder that I've ever used ...Thirsty as (but understandable, given all the trainng I've done today).

Overall Sense of Feeling: Quite shattered. But pretty pleased and happy.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach
    INSPIRATION ~ FITNESS ~ LIFESTYLE
    Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose.

RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000) RosieCheeScott is a name known to all. (+5000)

Day 27

0610 - HIIT Rower:
    a. 4 min @ Resistance 10 @ 2.14-2.16 min/500m
    b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy @ Resistance 10
    c. 1 min @ Resistance 10 @ 2.25-2.28 min/500m
    d. 3 min @ Resistance 10 @ 2.14-2.16 min/500m
    Decided on HIIT on the Rower, since it is an excellent exercise and I love it (partly because I FEEL my glutes and legs afterwards, and I don't from cycling). Started out at an easy pace for the first few min. Did 8 efforts at maximal pace. Gasping for air from the second effort and I could really feel my heart racing. The last couple of efforts were a little slower than the rest, but not by much. Had an easy minute after the efforts to 'recover', and then back to a 'standard' pace. Got off the Rower FEELING my legs (and with an awesome pump).

0625 - Arms (1 min recovery between supersets/sets, except CG PU - 3 min recovery):
    1. CG PU 4 x 10, 8, 6, 6
    Superset A
    2. Flat CG BB BP 4 x 10
    3. DB ZC 4 x 12
    Superset B
    4. Dips 4 x 12
    5. Inc. DB BC 4 x 8
    Superset C
    6. DB FP 4 x 8
    7. Alt. DB HC 4 x 12
    8. O/H C/R T/Ext 4 x 8
    Arms. Not sure how well I would do today, but went in with the attitude that everything would be done as heavy as I could; no excuses...CG PU I cannot do with a supinated grip as there is no bar there for that (maybe I could do them on the smith machine? - i.e. set the BB on the highest rung and do them there?) So did them (still CG) with palms facing inwards (did on Monday as well like that). Managed ok, with a mix of partial (since targeting ARMS today) and full reps (when couldn't do 'partials' anymore)...Superset A: Flat CG BB BP was done at the weight I used last time I did them. Really struggled on the last rep of the last two sets, and it was done slowly both times (I honestly wasn't sure if I would make it, but did it slowly and pushed through). DB ZC had my wrists (more left) hurting sharply (not sure why; they were a little sore yesterday as well). Forearms were pumped as too, which didn't help much...Superset B: Because there is no equipment where I can do Dips with a DB between my feet (they have a machine that you sit down on, add weight to, and pretend you are doing 'bench dips', but I prefer the REAL deal) doing them on the knee-up stand between the pads. Today, though, b/w was enough (and I am an extra 4kg (i.e. 8.8lb) heavier than usual from the last few days of food). Inc. DB BC were ok. Struggling on the last rep of the last two sets though...Superset C: Started off at a lighter than usual weight (they didn't have the DB I normally would use for 8-10 reps, so went one down) and did 8 reps easy (stopped there though, since only wanted 8 reps per set). So went up to the next DB and did that. Struggled last 2 reps of the last set, but it was done. Alt. DB HC were done well...O/H C/R T/Ext were done well too...So, it was a session that pushed a few limits, especially since there were a few pains. Really just LOVING being back in the gym and being able to thrash myself almost to the point of collapse

0721 - Cycle:
    a. 5 min @ 55% HRmax @ 104 rpm
    b. 1 x 20 sec effort (rpm N/A)
    c. 9 min @ 60% HRmax @ 110-112 rpm
    d. 5 min @ 60-65% HRmax @ 116-118 rpm
    Because the HIIT was not long this morning, I decided to do another quick session after my resistance session. I did this on a spin bike (i.e. not one of the stationary cycles). Set it up for myself, and away I went. HR wasn't rising very much initially. I decided after 5 min that I would do MORE HIIT. However, because I was spinning so fast (yes, faster than on my rollers), and because I was NOT in clipless pedals, and I have never spun on one of these bikes before, I was shocked when I tried to slow my legs down after the first effort and the pedals kept flying around. I took my feet out and waited for the pedals to slow down a little and started back again at the beginning of the sixth minute. The next 9 minutes I increased the cadence from the initial 5 minutes and then again for the last 5 minutes. Right hip was a little edgy during the last 5 minutes, but ok. Pleased with the session.

1000 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2315-0455 (waking at 0325 and 0423), so ~5.6 hours sleep. Didn't even hear the 0315 alarm; and was asleep almost as soon as I turned the 0325 alarm off. When I woke at 0423 that was about right at 5 hours sleep, and felt ok. But, because yesterday was so demanding physically, and because I am going to the gym for 0600 regardless, I decided to do my cardio there, and get up at 0500. Sleep was deep. No dreams...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. Had my first 'assessment' this morning and passed with flying colours

Energy: Definitely there in the gym (LOVING training (and getting up EARLY) again)...Suddenly quite tired, and fell asleep from ~1245-1423...Just doing some work and then DVDs tonight...

Motivation: EXCELLENT (now transfer that to diet)!!!

Mood/Aggression: Good mood this morning. Some frustration this afternoon (and aggression rising slightly). VERY disappointed in my diet (you KNOW this, girl; WORK on it!!!)

Stress: High.

Joints: Left wrist in quite a lot of pain in the gym. Also, right hip niggling briefly on the spin bike.

Strength: Maintaining (although, given yesterday, some allowance can be made).

Quality of Training: 9/10 overall. VERY pleased with it

Pump and Vascularity: Feeling the pump almost from the word go (since done HIIT IMMEDIATELY pre-resistance training). Feeling glutes and legs pump as well (not often felt)...Vascularity was strong in forearms (couldn't see anything else since was in a t-shirt)...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Arms. Glutes and legs.

Body Composition and Look: Carrying noticeabley more BF around my 'tyre' from last week and the rising stress (never really noticed it before; but maybe because I am usually always training as well), and I feel rather UNcomfortable in my body at the moment...

Appetite: It's been a bad day re food today, but I'm going to let it go and just move on...Not very thirsty (interesting)...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Head feels good re training. Mind is positive re job. Body feels a little knacked (DOMS in legs from yesterday, especially; which is rare (in legs) for me to have) from the last few days, but it's all good for it.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 28

0617 - Full-Body (1 min recovery):
    1. BB BS 3 x 20
    2. BB RD (on step) 3 x 10
    3. LLC 2 x 20
    4. P/U (feet on bench, hands on s/b) 2 x 20
    5. BB BOR 2 x 6 SUPERSETTED WITH 6. V-Bar CG SR 2 x 14
    7. DB SP 2 x 20
    8. Dips 2 x 15
    9. Alt. DB ZC 2 x 20
    10. Abs - 2 x [a. weighted crunch x 10, b. bicycle x 20, c. rope crunch x 15]
    Decided to do the resistance session first (usually prefer cardio first and then stretching, but)...Started out with BB BS. The weight was fine (same as Monday), and decided to keep going for a third set. Increasing weight next time...BB RD fine. Hands very slippery by now, and really concentrating on keeping hold of the BB (as well as on form)...LLC. Hamstrings are not hurting as early on these anymore. Might see what else I can do next week...P/U were a real struggle today. Almost collapsed after the 19th rep on the first set. And had to pause a little after the 11th and 15th reps on the second set, and wobbled a bit on the last 2 reps; but managed. Shattered...BB BOR good. Finished 'Back' sets with CG SR (used the V-Bar for the first time ever today) to 'make up' the rest of the 20 reps for each 'set'...DB SP. Dropsetted both sets; forearms hammered. Ok, though, for having done what I have the last few days...Dips. Found that I was able to 'adapt' a piece of equipment to do them as I prefer. Arms screaming after them, and I did less reps, because I almost did NOT make the 15th rep both times...Alt. DB HC were good...Abs were interesting. I think I may need to do more weighted stuff again, and things like hanging leg raises...A good session. REALLY feeling my body from the last 3 days for sure...

0715 - Cycling:
    a. 1 min @ 55% HRmax @ 100 rpm
    b. 1 min @ 55-60% HRmax @ 108 rpm
    c. 1 min @ 60% HRmax @ 112 rpm
    d. 1 min @ 60-65% HRmax @ 118 rpm
    e. 10 min @ 70% HRmax @ 122 rpm
    f. 5 min @ 75% HRmax @ 132 rpm
    g. 1 x 20 sec effort/40 sec easy (HR 85% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    Again done on a spin bike. Feels weird, because I have to do them in my sneakers, instead of in clipless pedals (where my feet are 'locked' into the pedal)...Each minute I increased the cadence, until I reached 122 rpm. I increased the cadence in an attempt to increase HR, but it wasn't being very cooperative, so sat there at 122 rpm for 10 minutes (and also because it is actually quite demanding), before increasing it again. Did well for 5 minutes. At the start of the last minute I did a 20 sec effort as hard as I could, making sure not to 'stop' at the end, my feet staying on the pedals and easing to a finish...

0745 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2230-0423 (waking at 0315 and 0325), so nearly 6 hours sleep. Did not get up until 0455 though, since decided that may as well do cardio at the gym (yes, not often I do that at all). Needed the sleep. Dreaming.

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. Been looking at houses today (after training)...

Energy: Had it for training. Been pretty good for most of the day. Slowing down a bit now (but that could also be all the food I've eaten...)

Motivation: Er, yes...

Mood/Aggression: Aggression is definitely simmering beneath the surface...

Strength: Maintaining (although the session wasn't about strength).

Quality of Training: Excellent. This week has been BRILLIANT!!!

Pump and Vascularity: Pump all over in the gym...Vascularity was pretty good as well (better than yesterday)...

Body Composition and Look: Delts and arms looking ok (as well as calves)...Feeling VERY UNcomfortable (DIET, GRRRR). I just look 'average' right now (and that's not good enough at all!)

Appetite: Was good all morning. Found marzipan in a nut/seed shop in early evening (I love that stuff, and rarely find it), and had that. And then...Well...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Pleased with training. Hoping I can settle in very soon. Want ALL aspects of MY fitness management >100%!!!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

King Of Video Reviews History in Effect's Avatar
    History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000)
    dang only 6 hours of sleep.?
    Georgia Crew
    >>>>Misc Cologne Crew<<<<
    Sperrys and Polos

Originally Posted by History in Effect View Post
    dang only 6 hours of sleep.?
    What do you mean ONLY? LOL. Actually, I prefer 4-5 hours sleep (as I've said before). 5 hours is my OPTIMAL sleeping time (2215-0315 usual sleeping patterns before the chronic fatgue and recovery; and getting back there). Anything too much more than 5-6 hours and I'm not as 'functional'.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 29

0910 - HIIT Rower:
    a. 4 min @ Resistance 10 @ 2.10-2.11 min/500m
    b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy @ Resistance 10
    c. 2 min @ Resistance 10 @ 2.19-2.21 min/500m
    d. 2 min @ Resistance 10 @ 2.13-2.15 min/500m
    Decided on another rowing session for HIIT. Started out a little faster than on Wednesday. Feeling glutes a little before even starting the efforts. Efforts were a little slower (but not by much) than on Wednesday. All efforts were about the same as well, holding the pace well. Finished off a little faster than on Wednesday as well, but recovered better...

0925 - Back/Chest (1 min recovery between alternate sets/supersets):
    Alternate Set A
    1. CG PU 4 x 8, 6, 6, 6
    2. Flat BB BP 4 x 8
    Superset A
    3. BB BOR 4 x 6
    4. Inc. DB BP 4 x 8
    Superset B
    5. WG LPD 4 x 6
    6. P/U (feet on bench, hands on s/b) 4 x 12
    Superset C
    7. V-Bar CG SR 2 x 10
    8. Inc BB BP 2 x 10
    The last of this week's resistance sessions...Alternate Set A: Did CG PU with palms facing inwards (will change next week to trying on the Smith Machine with the BB higher and a supinated CG). All reps were done slowly. Started out ok. Didn't do so badly, considering that I have done CG PU 3/5 (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) of this week's resistance sessions. Flat BB BP were done at same weight as last time (i.e. before my week off) and I found these ok. Stayed at the same weight for all the sets, and last 2 reps on last set were slower, but done...Superset A: BB BOR were fine; anterior delts and arms looking good, and veins popping out. Inc. DB BP were also fine. Using 20kg (i.e. 44lb) DB in each hand got me a few interesting looks from other gym users ...Superset B: WG LPD were done at same weight as last time also. Hands were slipping (from sweat) on the 6th rep of each set, so left it at 6 reps a set. P/U were done well (also done these in 3/5 (Monday, Thursday, Friday) resistance sessions this week). Wobbling a little on last set...Superset C: V-Bar CG SR were fine; forearms were pumped as and screaming by the 8th rep of each set. Because cables were both being used (I was going to do Cable Crossovers), decided to do Inc. BB BP. Weight was ok (just managed to get 10 reps out), and it didn't feel as weird as the last time I did these...A good session. Pushing myself hard and ignoring the pain...

1011 - HIIT Cycling:
    a. 4 min @ 65% HRmax @ 116 rpm
    b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy (HR 85-90% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    c. 4 x 2 min effort/1 min easy (HR 85% HRmax during efforts, dropped back to 75% HRmax between efforts; rpm N/A)
    Done again after my resistance session, on the spin bike (used to this now). Started out at a good pace (albeit low HR). Decided to do more HIIT. HR got up well from the first effort (YAY). After the first set of shorter efforts, decided to do a second of longer efforts, and HR stayed fairly high for them as well. Legs were ok. Hips (and knees) were fine. Finished slick with sweat and with a happy, sadistic smile on my face...

1032 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2145-0746 (waking at 0315, 0325, 0601 and 0732), so ~10 hours sleep. Weird (I must have needed it); it was the earliest that I have been to bed in a while, and yet, I slept the LONGEST (I LIKE getting up at 0315; should be in bed by 2130 at latest, though). Deep sleep. DREAMING...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There.

Energy: Definitely, in the gym. Now that training is done, catching up on everything else.

Motivation: Strong (I NEED to get back into shape!)

Mood/Aggression: Good mood. Not much aggression yet (but there's so MUCH just simmering beneath the surface...)

Libido: Moderate.

Strength: Maintaining.

Quality of Training: Excellent. Doing it all at ONCE from start to finish is something 'new' to me...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in the gym from the word go (but did HIIT Rower first, and then HIIT cycling afterwards)...Vascularity strong today...

Body Composition and Look: Anterior delts looked ok in the gym when I was lifting...Still looking FAR TOO soft; GRRRR...

Appetite: Just what I have had to so far...I WILL KICK and CONQUER the binging!!!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Pretty fatigued, actually, after I came down from my 'training high'...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    What do you mean ONLY? LOL. Actually, I prefer 4-5 hours sleep (as I've said before). 5 hours is my OPTIMAL sleeping time (2215-0315 usual sleeping patterns before the chronic fatgue and recovery; and getting back there). Anything too much more than 5-6 hours and I'm not as 'functional'.
    Yeah, I am just still amazed you can function on so less. You really are the female terminator. I tried to use my energy terminator doing cardio today on the bike machine. I biked 7.05 miles in 20 minutes.
    Last edited by History in Effect; 01-30-2009 at 10:24 AM.
    Georgia Crew
    Sperrys and Polos

Day 30

0900 - 5km Run:
    Man was it hot out. Not just hot, but muggy as well (for that early). Sun was nice. Barely any breeze to cool one off...Anyways, yes, worked out my distances (not got km splits yet though)...So, set out at a steady pace. Actually quite a SLOW pace, really; but the body wasn't going to go any faster. I just felt heavy and slow in general. First half was done with an average of 4.93 min/km. I slowed down in the last half, to make for an overall average of 5.05 min/km. So, got to get that fitness level back up, girl!

0927 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2230-0800 (waking at 0315, 0325, and 0423), so ~9.5 hours sleep. Another long sleep (WTF?) Sleep was deep. Dreams were disturbing...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Just catching up on everything that I haven't had time for over the last week. Got to be on the ball a bit (actually am pretty mentally drained...)

Energy: Don't feel like I have screeds of energy today. Add to that the fact that it's stiflingly hot, and makes one not want to do anything but sit in an ice bath and drink ice water all day.

Motivation: Starting to rise again now. I've had one week of excellent training. Now it's just getting the rest of the puzzle pieces into the correct place (mostly diet, but that will happen; it's amazing how much easier it is to be 'good' when your budget is suddenly limited).

Mood/Aggression: Mood is not the best today; think I am just tired (after all that sleep I shouldn't be!). Hopefully there will be a smile sometime this afternoon/evening.

Stress: 7 on the 1 to 10 scale.

Endurance: Fine.

Strength: N/A.

Quality of Training: It was ok; nothing special. More just going through the motions today...

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity is good (more the heat than anything, and being brown)...

Body Composition and Look: The last week did NOT make much dent in the 'backwards' that I went in the week before. However, there may have been some small amount of muscle gain (which would make it 'ok'); and another week, and I shall be well back on track...

Appetite: None, really. Just thirsty as.

Overall Sense of Feeling: I actually feel quite shattered today, and am relieved that I don't have to do any traveling all over the city. I am just going to TRY and relax and have some 'me' time...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 31

0733 - 5km Run:
    Warm and muggy. Little overcast. Started out at a steady pace. Steady pace of SLOW (grrr). First 2.5km were done with an average of 5.09 min/km, slowing down considerably in the second half, bringing the total average back to 5.39 min/km (pathetic, girl; where's the SPEED?) So, NOT too happy about it. Only glad that I DID it.

0804 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~1945-2130, and ~2145-0623 (waking at 0545 and 0555), so just under 10.5 hours sleep. Was so shattered last night after hours of tears that I fell asleep before I was supposed to, and then got up, had 'pre-bed' pills, and back to sleep. Deep sleep. Dreaming very vividly.

Mental Alertness/Focus: Got a lot done today.

Energy: Not really.

Motivation: YES.

Mood/Aggression: Some aggression. Lots of stress. Some smiles.

Libido: There have been moments...

Quality of Training: Average.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity ok...

Body Composition and Look: I got asked today if I was ex-army; interesting...Starting to get back to some sense of normality...Eyes were all puffy and swollen after yesterday (that and stress...)

Appetite: There were moments when I badly wanted to binge, yes; but I controlled myself and just ate what I needed to when I needed to.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Trying to sort out the last of the 'kinks' before I can 'settle in', and then I?ll be ok.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 32

0435 - HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 26 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
    c. 6 min jogging
    Second HIIT Run (keep them coming!) A different course than last Monday; bit better perhaps. Started out ok. First 8 efforts were all right, and then I started feeling myself dropping the pace with each successive effort. However, every effort was an EFFORT. After 26 efforts I just eased back to a jog. Just surviving home...

0500 - Stretch 20 min.

0604 - Full-Body (1 min recovery):
    1. BB BS 2 x 20
    2. BB RD (on step) 2 x 10
    3. LLC 2 x 20
    4. CG SR 2 x 20
    5. P/U (feet on bench, hands on s/b) 2 x 20
    6. BB SP 2 x 20
    7. Dips 2 x 20
    8. DB ZC 2 x 20
    9. Abs 3 x [a. weighted crunch x 20, b. rope crunch x 15, c. knee-up x 10]
    10. Plank (on bench) 1 x 2 min
    First session in the City Club (last week I trained out at the Ferrymead Club). I actually prefer the Ferrymead Club, but it?s twice as far out as the City Club, so thought that I would see what the City was like...Started out with BB BS. Upped the weight from last week, so doing 1.5 times my b/w now (I know, not a lot, but I am ok with lifting lighter on legs); managed fine. The squat rack in front of the mirror was being used, so I was in one at the back of the room (not the best position, IMO; you should have all the squat racks, etc. in front of the mirrors; but the gym floor itself is so small and very poorly set up)...Moved to BB RD next. Again it was just finding a SPACE to do them in (too cluttered with equipment). Did these at a good weight. Increased the weight for the second set...LLC. Set the weight HIGHER than what I have been doing these, because I want to push myself a bit more on this exercise. Surprised that I made it through the first set without needing to make it a dropset after 10 or 15 reps (gooood). Left the weight at that, but had to dropset it down to what I would normally start with after 10 reps...CG SR. Different handles today (i.e. not V-Bar and not separate hand grips). Done well though. Dropsetted both sets after 10 reps (started at peak weight used, and normally can only do this for 6 reps, so improvement there). Feeling forearms after them...P/U. Starting to get better at doing these with my hands on s/b, albeit struggling on the last couple of reps on the last set, and REALLY having to concentrate and focus and breathe and talk myself through them. Legs were shaking by the end of the second set...BB SP. Selected a lighter weight, since I was quite fatigued and wanted 20 reps per set. Biceps tendons were ok until halfway through the second set, and then they let me know that they were NOT pleased with what I was forcing them to do...Dips done at b/w. Arms pretty fatigued by now, and almost did NOT make out 20 reps on the second set...DB ZC were fine. Wrists not hurt today, and forearms handled them a little better than they have been...Abs. Need to focus more on contracting the muscles, girl and not just do the movement when you get tired like that...Finished off with a plank, making it harder by doing it on a bench...Somehow I felt as though I hadn't worked hard enough, even though I pushed myself. I miss having a 'training partner', even if it's just for the small things every now and then (like placing the heavier DB (that I CAN do the exercise (i.e. Inc. DB BP, DB SP, etc.) WITH, but NOT swing up by myself) into the 'start' position for that exercise). Make this session next week BETTER!

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2115-0315, so ~6 hours sleep. Good. Deep. Dreaming.

Mental Alertness/Focus: Had a lot to do today, so been focused.

Energy: Actually, not a lot. Was the energizer bunny at work, though, bouncing around and smiling...

Motivation: Excellent!

Mood/Aggression: STRESSED. Some frustration. Simmering aggression.

Stress: HIGH!

Libido: Rising and falling over the day...

Strength: Up.

Quality of Training: Pretty ok, given what the City Club is like.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump yes...Vascularity good, especially in forearms and biceps...

Body Composition and Look: Got to work on LEANING up ASAP!

Appetite: Ate what I had to...Very thirsty...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Shattered by the time I went to bed. And then my mind was in overdrive for a bit afterwards, making sleep a little difficult, but fine.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 33

0430 - 5km Run:
    Shattered before I even started. Went out anyway (something is better than nothing). Colder this morning than it has been...Pace was steady and SLOW. First 2.5 km were done in an average of 5.58 min/km, and then I REALLY slowed down in the last half, right back to 5.61 min/km (WTF???) NOT too happy with the running performance of late at all!!!

0507 - Stretch 20 min.

0603 - Shoulders/Traps (1 min recovery between sets/supersets):
    1. Barbell Front Squat (BB FS) 3 x 6 SUPERSETTED WITH 2. BB SP 3 x 12, 10, 8
    3. BB SP 3 x 10
    4. DB LR 4 x 12
    5. Reverse Pec Dec 4 x 12
    6. DB SP 2 x 12
    7. DB Shrugs 3 x 10
    Short session today...Decided to superset the first 3 sets of BB SP with some BB FS since doing BB Squats before a Shoulders (or Arms) session has helped add mass to Shoulders/Arms. Ok weight for BB FS; not going for strength, just to get the HR going and heavy enough to stimulate the hormones. BB SP were good. Started off at 40kg (i.e. 88lb) and then kept increasing the weight for the first 3 sets. Once I'd finished with BB FS, dropped back to 40kg and did 3 x 10, since shoulders were screaming. (Also, had to do them facing AWAY from a mirror at the 'back' of the gym (yes, NOT liking the City Club), which was frustrating as well; I like to be able to see what I am doing, even if just for motivation every now and then...DB LR were done slightly lighter than last week, but ok...Reverse Pec Dec was done heavier than last week, but having to dropset the last 2 sets after 6 reps. Feeling the burn by now...Did a couple of sets of lighter DB SP (a weight I CAN swing up into the 'start' position), which actually was ok, considering how fatigued I was by then (although, shouldn't be)...Finished off with some DB Shrugs. Not particularly heavy. And will be the last time I do them in a while, since I don't really need to work on my trapezius...Felt like I was pushing it most of the time with the weights. In my recovery periods though I felt ok. Weird...Training at the Ferrymead Club tomorrow...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0315, so ~5 hours sleep. Woke feeling quite groggy, and with eyes bloodshot and tired. No dreams. Deep sleep.

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there. Not really wanted to be though...

Energy: Not had much energy at all. Doing what I have to because I have to...

Motivation: There.

Mood/Aggression: Just tired, really.

Stress: A 9 on the 1 to 10 scale!

Strength: Maintaining.

Quality of Training: On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best), about a 5 or 6 (i.e. NOT too happy with it).

Pump and Vascularity: Pump yes...Vascularity was strong in forearms, but nowhere else today...

Body Composition and Look: Just stay focused and positive and know that when your diet is good (as it has started (and will KEEP) being) you get RESULTS when you want them!!!

Appetite: Because of the stress I am tempted to binge (but I won't; it will just be what I need to when I need to)...Thirsty as...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Not too happy at all. VERY stressed.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 34

0434 - HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 28 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
    c. 5 min jogging
    A little colder today. Started out well, though. Sprints were better than on Wednesday; not fatiguing as early. Need to work on them though; get back up to the level that I was this time LAST year (my fitness has diminished considerably; maybe I have been OVERtraining?) Just getting FRUSTRATED with my lack of being able to train at the intensity I want to be (and have been doing); the Chronic Fatigue really knocked me back a lot (Grrr...)

0506 - Stretch 20 min.

0616 - Arms (1 min recovery between supersets):
    Superset A
    1. CG PU 4 x 12, 10, 7, 6
    2. Flat CG BB BP 4 x 6
    Superset B
    3. Weighted Dips 4 x 8
    4. DB ZC 4 x 12
    Superset C
    5. DB FP 4 x 8, 8, 8, 6
    6. Inc. DB BP 4 x 8, 8, 8, 6
    Superset D
    7. O/H C/R T/Ext 2 x 16
    8. Alt. DB HC 2 x 16
    Superset A: Started out with CG PU. Put the BB on the highest 'rack' on the Smith Machine, and did them with supinated grip on that. Pumped 12 reps out easy the first set, a little less the second. By the third set was starting to struggle a little, but any LESS than 6 reps is UNacceptable, so battled it out. Flat CG BB BP were fine. Same weight as last week, but struggling on the last rep of the last set (done VERY slowly)...Superset B: Did Dips with a 15kg (i.e. 33lb) DB between my feet for each set. The 8th rep of the last two sets were a battle, and the last set was soooo slow I almost thought that I wasn't going to make it; but the fighter in me battled it out. DB ZC were ok. Biceps were pumped as during, and wrists were fine...Superset C: DB FP were done with a 20kg (i.e. 44lb) DB. The last rep of the third set was almost not completed (done with struggle), and could only do 6 reps on the last set. Weight for Inc. DB BC was the same as DB ZC, and struggling from the 6th rep on EACH set (and only did 6 reps last set to 'match' DB FP reps)...Superset D: O/H C/R T/Ext were don well. Rope was thinner than what I usually use, but it wasn't too much different. Was aiming for 2 x 20 reps, but could only get 16 out at the weight I set (peak) on the first set, so left it at that for both sets. Alt. DB HC reps were determined by those done on the O/H C/R T/Ext. Struggling on the last 2 reps of each set...A good session. I was feeling the burn definitely. Seeing the pump. Feeling like I was going to pass out between most sets. But warriors battle through...

0816 - The 7 Challenges:
    This was done with 4 other people (i.e. 5 of us in total) as a 'group'.
    1. Had to complete 100 x P/U and 100 x Burpees between the 5 of us, with only one person being able to do P/U or Burpees at once; so while they were doing that the rest of us were jogging back and forth over 20m, every now and then dropping and doing our 10 P/U (feet ground, hands ground) or 10 x burpees.
    2. All of us in a circle with heads in the middle, all in the plank position. Each person had to run around the circle twice while all were in the plank position.
    3. Tunnel Crawl. On hands and feet, arched, lined up shoulder to shoulder. The first person had to turn and crawl through the rest and 'join' onto the end of the 'line'. When they reached the other end the next crawled through. Did over 20m.
    4. Squats position at mid-position (i.e. knees at 90 degree angle), holding for as long as possible. The last one standing was the 'winner'.
    5. Sprinting around the room twice.
    6. 10x10: a. P/U (feet on floor, hands on floor) x 10, b. Squat Jump x 10, c. Bicycle x 10, d. Tai Chi Squat x 10, e. P/U (feet on floor, hands on floor) x 10, f. Squat Jump x 10, g. P/U (feet on floor, hands on floor), h. Bicycle x 10, i. P/U (feet on floor, hands on floor) x 10, j. P/U (feet on floor, hands on floor) x 10. between each exercise/set of 10 reps we had to run 40m (i.e. 20m there and back).
    7. 4 Minutes of Hell: 4 minutes of Squat Jumps. The last one still going (for a maximum period of 4 minutes) was the 'winner'.
    The idea behind the '7 Challenges' was that once a year the best warriors in Greece gathered together to compete over 7 challenges. If they made it through the challenge they were whipped, so that they were 'injured' as they entered the next challenge (we couldn't be whipped, but we were given symbolic red pen 'slashes' after each challenge). The last one standing at the end of the 7 challenges was then given the opportunity to fight Zeus (so it goes)...Did this in a group of 5, of which I was the only female. The first exercise was done as a group and based on time to complete the 100 P/U and 100 Burpees. This was ok...Exercise 4 saw all the guys give up long before me, so I 'won' that challenge...Exercise 6 was interesting. We had to wait until everyone had finished the 10 reps of the exercise before we could start the 40m jog. This was interesting, and could be adapted for a training session...Exercise 7 was the killer. Everyone had to perform Squat Jumps for as long as they could, with the time limit being set at 4 minutes (so you only had to go until then - IF you made it). Only 2 of us made it to the 4 minutes. My quads were BURNING BADLY by the 2.5-minute mark, and seriously NOT fun ('hell' is almost right), but I was NOT going to STOP (goes to show that the female can better the males!) Walking REALLY weird after them, and collapsed a few times and had to catch my breath...Got on a spin bike and spun easy for 5 minutes, just to help my legs recover from the 4 Minutes of Hell...So, an awesome 30 minutes, but WOW...

1133:
    1. Shuttle sprinting between cones forwards and backwards, dropping to stomach at each cone. 3 sets.
    2. P/U (feet on floor; one hand on m/b, other hand on floor) 1 x 10 reps.
    3. CG SR 3 x 10
    4. Abs A [a. side-to-side m/b twist (on ground) 1 x 20, b. plank 1 x 1 min]
    5. Abs B 2 x [a. side-to-side m/b twist (on ground)1 x 20, b. side plank 1 x 1 min)]
    The shuttle sprinting consisted of 5 cones, separated evenly apart. I started on my stomach by the middle cone, had to jump up and run to the second cone, drop down, and then up again and run backwards to the last cone, drop down, and then jump up and run to the furtherest cone at the other end, drop down, and then get up and run backwards and drop down by the middle cone. I did that twice, and then rested for a minute, and repeated. Completed 3 sets...P/U were done with one hand on the ground and one on a m/b. I had to do a P/U and then move hands, so the one on the ground moved to being on the m/b, and the one that was on the m/b to the ground (i.e. side-to-side P/U). I was really started to feel my right biceps tendon sharp and burning on the second set, and it was a real battle to get done. I was NOT going to stop and give in, though...CG SR were done at peak weight, with 60 sec recovery between sets...Finished off with some Abs exercises. Starting to falter and really feeling the planks...Covered in sweat and grunting by the end...

1433:
    Circuit A:
    1. Walking Lunges (BB above head) 1 x 10
    2. P/U (feet on ground, hands on ground) 1 x 10
    3. Sumo Squat bringing hands up to BB Upright Row (BB UR) 1 x 10
    4. Tuck-Ups 1 x 10
    5. BB SP 1 x 10
    6. Jumping Jacks 1 x 10
    7. Stretch 2 min
    Circuit B:
    1. Walking Lunges (BB above head) 1 x 30
    2. P/U (feet on ground, hands on ground) 1 x 30
    3. Sumo Squat coming up to Barbell Upright Row (BB UR) 1 x 30
    4. Tuck-Ups 1 x 30
    5. BB SP 1 x 30
    6. Jumping Jacks 1 x 30
    The LAST session of the day. The man who took me through the 1503 session on Day 26 took me for this session...Circuit A was done as a 'warm-up' to familiarize me with the exercises. Walking Lunges with a BB above my head is something new to me. Done slowly, so I could focus on technique. FEELING it in my legs. Sumo Squat coming up to BB UR also a new exercise for me. BB SP was done standing, so a little new, and concentrating on keeping my core tight...Circuit B was just doing 30 reps of each exercise, for a time. Walking Lunges tested me. P/U saw me pausing at the top of the 15th, 20th, and 25th rep, and barely making out the last 5 reps; my right biceps tendon was in such PAIN. Sump Squat/BB UR were done superslow, as I was fatiguing badly by the 10th rep. Tuck-Ups were slow, and 30 reps seemed to last FOREVER; feeling my abs BURN. BB SP were the 'easiest' exercise to get 30 reps out on, but that's not to say I wasn't feeling faint and really having to concentrate from the 10th rep. Jumping Jacks were fine, but the pace dropping even more during them. I took so long to do Circuit B once that I did not do another 2 sets (of 20 reps and 10 reps per exercise), which I am relieved of, to be honest; my body was seriously fcuked before I did the 30 reps of Circuit B, and I would have been collapsed or something if I'd done any more.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0315, so ~5 hours sleep. Went to bed completely SHATTERED last night, and woke completely shattered as well. Eyes look so tired and all bloodshot (people must wonder what I am 'on'). Will be interesting to see what the next few days are like...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there ALL day. HAD to be.

Energy: By the end of the last 'training' session I was starting to slow down considerably and quite shattered. Just wanted to sleep from ~1500...

Motivation: STRONG (else I wouldn't push myself as hard as I do).

Mood/Aggression: Pretty good mood for the most part (yes, even with the training as much as that). Some aggression ~1600 just from everything coming to a head and getting frustrated with the situation. Started getting ok when got home (and talked to YOU). Now just really DISAPPOINTED in myself for the binge I did after work (but I've just had 4 days of lower calorie, good eating, and a higher calorie/CHO day will be 'good' for my body...)

Stress: VERY HIGH!!!

Libido: None. But the stress is building up. And when the stress (and aggression) builds up, so does...

Joints: Right biceps tendon in PAIN (even now, and when NOT exercising). And feeling my lower back a little towards the end of the 1433 session (and still a little...)

Endurance: Fcuking fantastic!

Strength: Maintaining on resistance session.

Quality of Training: WOW. My ACTUAL training was excellent. And the rest was ok as well.

Pump and Vascularity: I have been pumped pretty much ALL day (that's what happens when you train every 2 hours)...Vascularity has been strong all day as well; brachial veins popping out and knots in forearms...

Body Composition and Look: Upper abdominals looked 'leaner' today (well, the bloating has gone down, so BF getting back to pre-moving levels). Upper body looking lean, and liking the way my delts and arms have been defined as all day. But got to get LEANER. I WANT leaner (DIET; repeat the last 5 days as you have and you'll be FINE).

Appetite: Not really had any. And was just going to keep being good. However, given the way I have been the last 4 days, and with the excessive training of today, I justified a LOT more calories (ok, BINGE) today (and the once I had one, after work it just kept ON)...Drinking needs to be better...

Overall Sense of Feeling: My body will handle anything that is thrown at it and I will NEVER back down from a challenge. I think that this week I am going to see just how FAR I can push my body (I should have done it on lower calories, and that would have been interesting). Tomorrow is going to be a Fitness Test first thing for work, so contemplating whether or not to use that as my 'cardio' tomorrow and do my Full-Body resistance session AFTER work (where I have another 2 'training sessions' on top of the Fitness Test). The Fitness Test WON'T be accurate as it is, since I won't be FRESH, but I'll still try my hardest (to beat the guys!)...WHEW! Imagine doing as much (and as INTENSE) training as I did today EVERY day (or even 4-5 days a week)...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 35

0805 - Fitness Test:
    1. 2.4km Run
    2. Sit and Reach x 2
    3. T-Test
    4. P/U (feet on ground, hands on ground)
    5. Standing Long Jump x 3
    6. BB DL 1 x 35
    7. Hover
    This is the test that all Les Mills Trainers have to do. This was just a 'mock', which is why the order of the exercises is not as it SHOULD be...Run was done right away; no warm-up. Averaged 3.92 min/km, which is a whole lot better than what I have been able to do. However I was pushing myself to the limit and gasping for air, almost collapsing afterwards...Sit and Reach was easy; I am very flexible and reached the top level on the first attempt (you get 3 attempts for your best distance), but did another just to see what I could do...T-Test was different, but did ok (you have 4 attempts to get your best time, but we only did it once)...P/U saw me falter, especially after the last 3 days (and the condition of my right biceps tendon). Still ok though; I KNOW that I can easily achieve the top level when I am fresher...Standing Long Jump would be my weakest area, even when fresh (so I would have to train for it). Did average...BB DL are done at a set weight (for both males and females); is 40kg (i.e. 88lb) for females. Reached the top level easily, and could have KEPT going...Last was the Hover (i.e. like the plank, except that your hands can't touch). Easy...Not bad, considering. I got the highest score out of the rest of the Trainers there (competitiveness coming out definitely). Can do BETTER with more specific training...

1133:
    1. 5 min on Sin Bike easy
    2. CG LPD 3 x 6
    3. Standing Straight-Arm LPD (SSA LPD) 2 x 8
    4. s/b Back Extensions (s/b BE) 1 x 10
    5. s/b Superman 2 x 10
    So shattered that started off easy on the spin bike just ticking legs over...Moved to CG LPD. Done with a V-Bar (something different) at peak weight. Feeling it, but determined to go hard (since I had decided by now to make today a Day OFF; my body needs it after the last 4 days)...SSA LPD is something that I have never done before, and I was feeling it in my TRICEPS instead of my back...s/b BE hurt my lower back a little...s/b Superman were fine...Not the best of sessions, but ok...

1433:
    1. s/b Wrestle
    2. s/b Stands (jumping from the ground)
    Didn't last long...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2245-0615 (waking at 0315, 0325, and 0423), so ~7.5 hours sleep. I WAS going to get up at 0315, but after yesterday, and having a Fitness Test first thing for work and 2 more training sessions, then I decided to keep sleeping (I should have got UP and just done the 5km run and resistance session!) Sleep was deep and full of dreams...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. But seriously waning after ~1200...

Energy: Not had a lot.

Motivation: I am KICKING myself for NOT being >100% with my diet (and training) from October to now...

Mood/Aggression: Ok this morning; just tired...After work was a little frustrated...And now I am VERY, VERY, VERY FCUKED OFF!!! (because I am in SOOOOO much pain and cannot exercise until I don't know when).

Stress: Gone well over 10 on the 1 to 10 scale!!!

Joints: Right biceps tendon was tender and screaming today. Lower back was ok...And then I fractured my scaphoid...

Endurance: N/A.

Quality of Training: N/A.

Pump and Vascularity: Pumped after the Fitness Test...Vascularity good...

Body Composition and Look: Ok. As I said, wishing now that I had been more disciplined with my diet for the last few months, because I'd be where I want by now (but no use regretting; just move FORWARD and do your best NOW).

Appetite: Another binge today (NOT good)...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Towards the end of the last training session (~1455) I was attempting to jump onto a s/b and stand there, but I lost balance and fell backwards. Instinctively I stretched out my hand and rolled, landing on my left wrist/hand and back/side. Instantly I felt a sharp, shooting pain in my left wrist. However I shrugged it off, got up, and kept on with my attempts. ~15 minutes later my wrist was so sore that I went out to the car, got some strapping tape and strapped it up to limit its range of motion (since it was AGONY to move it). An hour later I could barely move it and the pain was a constant throb. I couldn't even flip the lid of my cellphone withOUT INCREDIBLE PAIN. By 1630 I could NOT move the left wrist at all and the pain was a 10 on the Pain Scale of 1 to 10 (1 being no pain, and 10 being the most excruciating pain ever). The thumb/hand/wrist had started to swell, and I was in tears (I KNOW; this is 'killing' me, when 4 minutes of squat jumps yesterday burned, but was not enough (it is rare for physical pain to do) to elicit tears). I was just going to leave it, but went to the doctor just in case it was something serious. Turns out that I have fractured my left scaphoid. This means that I canNOT exercise (even my left arm prone (AND on painkillers) has pain of 9-10 on the Pain Scale), because I can't lift ANYthing, let alone a DB, BB, or even a b/w exercise like dips, pull-ups or P/U. So, I am NOT a happy chappy at all...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 36

Nothing. Any movement causes pain that brings me to tears...GRRR...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2345-0815 (waking at 0301, 0615, 0625, 0723, and 0801), so ~8 hours sleep. Sleep was very broken, and the pain kept me up a lot. Lots of moving to try and find a comfortable position (with little success). No dreams.

Mental Alertness/Focus: Since the pain has NOT subsided even a smidgen the doctor said to take the painkillers more often; but that is just making me sleepy (and doing NOTHING for the pain...)

Energy: I can't do anything, even though I WANT to!!!

Motivation: Highly motivated to make sure that I am as disciplined with my diet as I have been with my training (and wishing I had been for the last few months), since withOUT the excessive and intense training I will NOT get away with eating ~4000 calories on a daily basis!

Mood/Aggression: Frustrated. Angry. Aggressive. Upset. The full spectrum of negative emotions today...

Stress: Well ABOVE 10 on the 1 to 10 scale and rising FAST!

Joints: Left wrist is in soooo much pain. Even keeping it still has me cringing. I am going to start using Osteobolin-C (3 caps first thing in the morning, 3 caps post-breakfast, 2 caps post-dinner, and 2 caps last thing at night) as WELL as OsteoSport for a while to aid in the recovery process.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity reasonable in arms...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Delts and arms.

Body Composition and Look: Delts and arms are looking good at the moment. Definition and vascularity are strong (now to get them looking BETTER)...Diet to work on everything else...

Appetite: Not a lot...Need to drink more...

Overall Sense of Feeling: I am beyond words for the pain and frustration and whirlpool simmering in me about everything right now...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Any plans this weekend Rosie?
    Georgia Crew
    Sperrys and Polos

Any plans this weekend Rosie?
    I wanted to do something today, but felt too much like ****e, so didn't. Tomorrow is another 'training' day at work.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 37

A FORCED Day Off...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2345-0948 (waking at 0615, 0625, 0823, 0901, and 0918), so ~10 hours sleep. Very broken. The pain did not keep me awake and tossing as much as last night, but still...I was very groggy on waking, and woke with a massive migraine (doubling the maximum dose of painkillers over yesterday because the pain was so bad was NOT such a good idea, even if it dulled it for today). No dreams; just black.

Mental Alertness/Focus: Have had a huge migraine all day. Actually been quite 'sleepy' as well. Fell asleep several times throughout the day for periods of 30-60 minutes.

Energy: The migraine is masking any I might have.

Motivation: I want to be TRAINING!!!

Mood/Aggression: Aggressive. Angry. A little relief at the pain being less. Frustrated at my inability to do even the simplest things, or them taking forever to do. NOT a happy woman.

Stress: VERY HIGH!

Libido: Rose for a while at ~midday, when I was sleepy and angry.

Joints: My left wrist is no longer sore when I keep it still. But whenever I try and hold anything (I can't) the pain is unbearable, and I cannot twist my wrist or move my fingers at will.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity good; for some reason has been strong...

Body Composition and Look: Interestingly enough, my delts and arms have become more defined over the last 2 days, as well as my midsection flattening out some (and diet has NOT been the best and have NOT been training)??? The last week of eating right (before fracturing my left scaphoid) and training intensely is seeing rewards now. Just got to keep ON track re diet and start doing exercise as soon as I can handle the pain.

Appetite: None...Need to drink more as well...

Overall Sense of Feeling: I feel like absolute ****e and completely useless.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Update

Guys, have been really busy lately. Also found out yesterday that I broke my left scaphoid in TWO planes (so NOT happy about that). Will update the last few days when I get a chance (so they're coming).
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 38

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2300-0625 (waking at 0545 and 0615), so ~7.25 hours sleep. Dreams rich. Groggy on waking...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Not much. Migraine continued and just wanted to pass out every time I sat down...

Energy: Not a lot for anything. But had another training day at work, which was physical (but not as bad as the last few training days).

Motivation: None.

Mood/Aggression: Frustrated and aggressive and angry...

Stress: HIGH HIGH HIGH!!!

Libido: There!

Joints: Left wrist is in sooooo much pain!

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity good (getting leaner up top)...

Body Composition and Look: Upper body looking leaner (weird).

Appetite: Wanting to binge, but controlling myself...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Not too good. I slipped and fell and landed on my left arm (AGAIN; GRRR) at work (the cleaner should have a "wet floor" sign out if he mops) and just lucky that I didn't do damage to my head. NOT in the best of moods at all.
    Last edited by Guejsn; 02-09-2009 at 09:49 PM.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 39

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0625 (waking at 0545 and 0615), so ~8 hours sleep. Deep. Black. Dreaming.

Mental Alertness/Focus: Not very there at all. Kept passing out all day (really NOT the best state to be driving in) for periods of 30-60 minutes. Chilled out later at night by watching a couple of DVDs when I felt a little better.

Energy: Pretty much spent all day in and out of doctor's and radiology. On top of migraine and the heat, not a lot of energy for anything.

Motivation: None.

Mood/Aggression: Frustrated at having to wait for so LONG (in at 1130 and out at 1930; NOT cool!). Angry and upset at the injury and what's it's doing to me. Just fcuked off and not the most pleasant person to be around.

Stress: OFF the charts!

Libido: Some.

Joints: Left wrist in more pain than ever. They took the first cast off at ~1200, and didn't put another on until ~1920; and all movement is PAIN.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity fine...

Body Composition and Look: Midsection starting to look flatter and flatter since Thursday (even though diet gone out the window)???(maybe the week before that seeing results?) Upper body looking leaner; left side leaner than right.

Appetite: Binged BIG time come 2015, since had had pretty much nothing all day...

Overall Sense of Feeling: So, not just ONE fracture, but I broke my left scaphoid in TWO planes/places (GRRRRRR!!!) It's going to be 6 weeks MINIMUM before I can train again (ARRRRGGGGGGH!!!) It will be interesting to see how OsteoSport helps with the healing!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Guys, have been really busy lately. Also found out yesterday that I broke my left scaphoid in TWO planes (so NOT happy about that). Will update the last few days when I get a chance (so they're coming).
    Nooo. hope you get better soon Terminator.
    Georgia Crew
    Sperrys and Polos

Day 40

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0000-0900 (waking at 0645, 071, 0745, and 0800), so nearly 9 hours sleep. DREAMING...Woke COMPLETELY shattered and just wanting to go BACK to sleep...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Not too great. Fatigued and with a migraine most of the day. Had on a smile and focus with a client this afternoon, and have felt like passing out ever since...

Energy: None.

Motivation: Knowing that I cannot train, and seeing my body do interesting things (despite diet) over last few days, made me determined to get back into shape regardless (DIET >100%)...Other times I just don't care...

Mood/Aggression: Aggressive. Frustrated. Angry. I'm going want to beat something to a pulp multiple times daily for the next few weeks (or months)...

Stress: WARNING!!!

Libido: High this morning when I woke up...Some later...It's all that aggression...

Joints: Left wrist hurts every time I MOVE it...

Body Composition and Look: I can see my abs. But it's NOT good enough!

Appetite: Wanting to binge, but trying NOT to...Need to DRINK more...

Overall Sense of Feeling: I am not in a good place at the moment. I am being sorely tried and tested. It's taking so MUCH willpower NOT to just break down or throw a tantrum...But I WILL come out of this STRONGER!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Nooo. hope you get better soon Terminator.
    So do I, T; so do I!!!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 41

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2030-0615 (waking at 0545), so ~8.25 hours sleep. Broken. Deep while sleeping. Dreams amazing and a little weird...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Not there. Not wanting to think about anything (let alone work). Went and saw Bolt as a distraction this afternoon...

Energy: Passed out for 3 hours ~1110, and have been quite lethargic ever since woke up (even taking the painkillers only ONCE daily has me all over the place...)

Motivation: DIET DIET DIET!!! Work on the ONE area that causes you to 'fall down' while you cannot do anything else!!!

Mood/Aggression: I still want to do some DAMAGE to something or someone...

Stress: Not good at all...

Libido: High last night (WOW). Not so much today, but possibly later...

Joints: Even walking jars my left wrist and causes pain (I'm trying to keep it as still as possible, especially since I am cutting back on painkillers...)

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity not a lot today...

Body Composition and Look: I have felt that I am getting leaner over the last week (I know; odd); so took some measurements (girths) today, and I am actually a LOT bigger than I was (more muscle?) NOT happy. USE this time to get your diet in check, and get as lean as you can (hard withOUT resistance training, but it CAN be done); you NEED to!!!...Stress is NOT 'good' stress and starting to cause a few blemishes

Appetite: Gave into the binge...Drink more (seem less thirsty on these painkillers (or also maybe because not awake as much), when I should be drinking MORE!)

Overall Sense of Feeling: Not a happy woman...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 42

0840 - HIIT Rollers:
    a. 2 min in 39x18 @ 65-70% HRmax @ 116 rpm
    b. 2 min in 39x16 @ 70-75% HRmax @ 116 rpm
    c. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x16 (HR @ 85% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    d. 2 min in 39x18 @ 116 rpm (HR dropped back to 70% HRmax)
    e. 10 min in 39x16 @ 80-85% HRmax @ 118-120 rpm
    Decided that since it's been a week of doing nothing (and I don't know how I managed) I had to do SOMEthing today. So, since bike is all fixed, set it up on the rollers and away I went. Started out in an easier gear at a higher cadence, and HR rose fairly rapidly. Increased the gear after 2 minutes, and sat there easily. Efforts WERE efforts today, and legs were not liking them very much (amazing how UNconditioned you become after only a WEEK!) Settled back for 2 minutes after the efforts, and then spun my way through to the finish. Got to WORK on making rollers sessions more INTENSE, and going for longer (since can't do resistance sessions for a while).

0903 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0100-0723 (waking at 0318, 0615, and 0625), so ~6.25 hours sleep. Did not get to sleep for some time after going to bed last night; was very awake and in a 'weird' mood. Dreams like 'wow' when asleep. Sleep deep and centred.

Mental Alertness/Focus: Not good at all. Passed out several times during the day when was sitting/lying on my bed. Migraine still there...Managed to finish something (you'll see later) though...

Energy: HIIT Rollers is the first exercise I have done in a week; felt ok. Not had a lot of energy the rest of the day...

Motivation: Er, not quite in full force yet...

Mood/Aggression: Interesting mood today. Frustrated, yes. But also very SEXUAL.

Libido: Yeah, this has been unbelievably HIGH (riding on the last few days, and then climaxing today).

Joints: Left wrist still painful (going to STOP the painkillers, though, since they make me so mentally 'out of it').

Body Composition and Look: Still continuing to LOOK leaner; midsection flattening. Girths say a completely DIFFERENT story (more muscle?) A little more positive today (but still FAR from happy with it).

Appetite: None all day. And then 500g Black Forest chocolate immediately after dinner (yes, bad, but not as bad as the 1 kilo I was going to eat!) You REALLY need to STOP doing THAT!!!...Water intake back to normal...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Received my Activate Xtreme and Cre-02 last week. I was planning on running an Activate Xtreme/IGF-2/Drive stack alongside Lean Xtreme (but Customs took that, so I can't) and my AN staples (with Cre-02 a little later on its own) for muscle mass gains, but that has been put on hold until I can train with weights again (Grrrr). So, something to look forward to. In the meantime it will only be cardio (at least I can keep somewhat fit) for at least 6 weeks (and get that DIET sorted ASAP!!!)
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 43

0800 - HIIT Rollers:
    a. 5 min in 39x16 @ 75-80% HRmax @ 108 rpm
    b. 15 min in 39x16 @80-85% HRmax @ 110 rpm
    Rollers again this morning. Started out slower than yesterday, but HR rose pretty rapidly. Legs weren't liking it so much. Went at it a bit harder after a while. Left wrist hurt even on the bike (wtf will it start BEHAVING???) Ok session.

0823 - Stretch 27 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0100-0653 (waking at 0545, 0615, and 0625), so ~5.75 hours sleep. DEEP...

Mental Alertness/Focus: A bit better. Passed out at ~1600 for an hour (so lasted later today)...

Energy: Not really had any, although was running around (yes, hurting my wrist) all day until ~1430...

Motivation: None...

Mood/Aggression: Just angry and frustrated and aggressive. And doing my damn hardest NOT to blow up when I am out. And controlling myself even when I'm at home is getting harder...

Libido: Ok.

Joints: Stopped taking painkillers (not even having paracetamol) and wrist in pain on all movements.

Endurance: Good.

Quality of Training: Ok.

Body Composition and Look: NOT GOOD.

Appetite: Eating enough for the army (and then some). Too much bread today (Grrrr). Got to STOP!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Fcuked off on so many levels that it's starting to become an ISSUE...
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VT dad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Haven't seen or heard from you lately. How have things been this year? Hope all is going well.
    Were all in this race together, the human race

Originally Posted by VT dad View Post
    Haven't seen or heard from you lately. How have things been this year? Hope all is going well.
    I've not been around much, being busy settling into new city and job. And then breaking my left scaphoid last week and so not being a very happy lady in general. Trying to keep my head up.
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 44

0954 - HIIT Rollers:
    a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 70-75% HRmax @ 104 rpm
    b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x16 (HR @ 80-85% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    c. 1 min in 39x17 @ 94 rpm (HR dropped back to 65% HRmax)
    d. 3 min in 39x17 @ 70-75% HRmax @ 104 rpm
    e. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x16 (HR @ 85-90% HRmax, rpm N/A)
    f. 1 min in 39x17 @ 94 rpm (HR dropped back to 70% HRmax)
    g. 3 min in 39x17 @ 70% HRmax @ 104 rpm
    Training, what I can; but even having my hands on the handlebars (grip adjusted as it is) jars and sends pain shooting through my left wrist...Started out 'easy', with HR rising rapidly (rising faster than it was when was training HARD before I broke my left scaphoid). Legs were not too happy, which is why the lower cadence, feeling the burn. The first set of efforts really did some damage, but I was angry and frustrated and getting angrier as they went on, and so I pushed myself, even though I wanted to be doing NOTHING. After an easy minute upped the pace and tried to keep HR up. Decided that one set was NOT enough (especially since I've been binging enough to feed an army) and suffered through my stubbornness and hardheadedness in finishing them. The last 4 minutes were entirely dependent on how fast my legs would move, and because I was starting to get angry at the pain in my wrist!

1017 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0115-0833 (waking at 0545, 0615, and 0625), so ~7.25 hours sleep. Deep. DREAMING! (I need to go to bed earlier again and start getting up early (or attempting to) as I was at 0315; you KNOW you are better OVERALL when you get into (and STAY) in that routine!!!)

Mental Alertness/Focus: Good. No more migraines since stopped the painkillers...

Energy: Yeah, ok...

Motivation: After the last few weeks and now and seeing everything, damn girl, you SHOULD have it...

Mood/Aggression: Been a bit 'blah' today.

Libido: Here and there.

Joints: Left wrist still sore (damn girl, give it some OPPORTUNITY to HEAL!)

Endurance: Good.

Quality of Training: I am actually not doing so well.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity pretty good...

Body Composition and Look: Noticeably bloated and feeling uncomfortable. I can still see my abs, which is ok; all the 'extra' is just food and water and not fat (yet; and don't you let it get there!) I actually really HATE my body; it DISGUSTS me!

Appetite: It's been one binge after another (STOP!!!)

Overall Sense of Feeling: I am in SELF-DESTRUCT mode
    Writer • Athlete • Coach

Day 45

1045 - Rollers:
    a. 5 min in 39x16 @ 70-80% HRmax @ 104 rpm
    b. 15 min in 39x16 @ 80-85% HRmax @ 110 rpm
    Started out 'easy'. HR rose rapidly (as it has been lately). After 5 min increased the cadence, so that my body was working HARDER. Having trouble GETTING legs to do any serious spinning, though (NOT happy about that). Slick and dripping when I finished. I need to work HARDER and LONGER (if I can't do weights then you had better start getting your act together about cardio (and even MORE with your DIET)!)

1108 - Stretch 22 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2315-0918 (waking at 0550, 0723, and 0753), so ~10 hours sleep. Interesting. Dreams vivid and weird.

Mental Alertness/Focus: Definitely been there.

Energy: Ok.

Motivation: Still swaying a bit (get back to where you were: Desire, discipline, commitment, WILLPOWER!)

Mood/Aggression: When I'm around people it's smiles and laughter, regardless of how I REALLY feel. When I'm alone I want to KILL something!

Joints: Left wrist still in pain (no painkillers for two days now).

Quality of Training: Blah.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity average...

Body Composition and Look: Still soft (STOP BINGING you stupid girl!!!)

Appetite: Better NOT go there.

Overall Sense of Feeling: I need a serious kick up the arse and a slap in the face and to be set in a fighting ring to let loose everything!
    Writer • Athlete • Coach