Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500)

Get Bigger, Faster, Stronger while loosing the gut

Okay so I want to get bigger, faster, and stronger for football. But I also want to loose my gut that I have. I would like to know if I should still eat normal (an athletes diet) or bulk/cut to get to my goal, or just change up my workout a little bit. I don't think bulking would do much help but get bigger, and probably add more unwanted inches on my gut. Cutting would probably leave me weak and small? So I think I should just stick to my "athletes diet" and change up my workout. Maybe add some more cardio or more ab workouts?

My diet goes like this(be in mind I am a high school student and can't really eat 6+ times a day):
    Breakfast:
    3 egg whites 1 whole egg
    2 whole wheat toast(sometimes white because we run out in my house)
    3 1/2 cups water

Lunch:
    Tuna Wrap/whole wheat sandwich
    or
    Ham, Turkey, lettuce, tomato, wrap with carrots
    or
    Chicken on a salad with carrorts
    2 bottle water
    and/or
    Gatorade/Vitamin Water/Powerade

Dinner:
    (Whatever my mom makes)
    Usually Something like
    Chicken/Beef/Pasta
    Rice/Patatos
    Some sort of Veggies
    3 1/2 cups water

My workout times vary because of my schedule. So here is my post/pre- workout.

Pre:
    3 1/2 cups water
    Protein Shake

Protein Shake
    If it's not time for dinner then
    PBJ on whole wheat

I have to get more protein and I've been using Optimum Whey

My stats are

Height:6'3
    Weight:215lbs
    Bench:250lbs x1
    Squat:280lbs x1
    Curl: 135lbs x1
    Dips: 230lbs x10
    Power Clean: 205lbs x10
    "Fear nothing"

mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100)
    You should've posted this on the nutrition board...

Drink milk, it's a natural anabolic.
    Don't cut out the egg yolks, they contain valuable nutrients.

Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500) Lwoodfootball is not very helpful. (-500)
    I use milk with the shakes, should have posted that.

and I posted it here because its a type of program diet and workout so I thought it would go here....
    "Fear nothing"

ChrisFD5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    subscribed to this, you are like the mirror image of me.. no homo

haha I think everyones still too hung over from new years to post anything yet.
    "Fear nothing"

Adam70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What position do you play and what grade are you in?
    Im a sophmore tightend
    6tf
    186 lbs
    Bench max-240
    Sqaut max-350
    Clean max-275

bryanm3701 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3 meals a day is a thing of the past. You need to be eating 6 times a day. Make sure to get 30-40 grams of protein every hour or 2 hours. Complex carbs in the mornings and I eat big about 2 hourd before the gym. Your body needs carbs for energy. Make sure your eating within 30 min after your workout. One of my fav things to eat post workout, not for taste but for nutrition, is a can of tuna with about 5-6 big spoons of apple sauce. Lots of simple carbs in it, the sugar boosts your insulin levels, and of course the quality protein and fats from the tuna. Your eating some good foods but I don't know if your eating enough. You can supplement meals with something like a protein shake with an apple or banana.

Im a Junior on Varsity 2nd string to a kid who's been on varisty since 9th grade.
    I play offensive tackle, deffensive tackle, and sometimes outside linebacker. I also long snap(field goal, and punts)

I always felt I never ate enough
    I'm thinking of packing some PBJ's for school.
    Maybe some home made protein bars too.

Im going to pick up a tuna next time im at the store so i can eat it during the week.

a get a very large container of protein powder. is there any other deals that I can get instead of optimum nutrition?
    "Fear nothing"

rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hey

I'm no pro body builder or anything like that. But what has helped me over the last month to lose my gut is workout hard every time I'm in the gym. The days your not in the gym run. Running will also help for football. Find some programs that are set up for what position your playing.

Also I've been watching what I eat. I've taken all pops and Rockstars and beer out of my diet. Those aren't the best for the mid section. Also really watching my sodium levels I'm trying to keep it at 1500mg to 2000mg a day.

Get those 6 meals in a day.

1st meal - Before you go to school get your eggs and milk and all that oatmeal.

2nd -Then find a slow breaking down protein and drink that between classes. Also with that throw in an apple or vegs and oats, nuts.

3rd - eat a good lunch chicken, beef, fish.

4th - between classes tuna or pbj's and vegs and/or a protein bar /or nuts

5 - protein shake after workout and banana

6 - dinner whatever you can eat thats lean and low in sodium. Cottage cheese, vegs are really good.

I hope this works for you. You can get those 6 meals in its really not that hard. You just need to plan out a healthy diet ahead of time and when your going to eat and do it. Stick to it and you'll get mus and leaner.

Also get a good workout buddy that pushes you as hard as your body will allow. Then get lots of sleep.

Good luck hope this helps.

Originally Posted by rjdumas View Post
    I'm no pro body builder or anything like that. But what has helped me over the last month to lose my gut is workout hard every time I'm in the gym. The days your not in the gym run. Running will also help for football. Find some programs that are set up for what position your playing.

Also I've been watching what I eat. I've taken all pops and Rockstars and beer out of my diet. Those aren't the best for the mid section. Also really watching my sodium levels I'm trying to keep it at 1500mg to 2000mg a day.

Get those 6 meals in a day.

1st meal - Before you go to school get your eggs and milk and all that oatmeal.

2nd -Then find a slow breaking down protein and drink that between classes. Also with that throw in an apple or vegs and oats, nuts.

3rd - eat a good lunch chicken, beef, fish.

4th - between classes tuna or pbj's and vegs and/or a protein bar /or nuts

5 - protein shake after workout and banana

6 - dinner whatever you can eat thats lean and low in sodium. Cottage cheese, vegs are really good.

I hope this works for you. You can get those 6 meals in its really not that hard. You just need to plan out a healthy diet ahead of time and when your going to eat and do it. Stick to it and you'll get mus and leaner.

Also get a good workout buddy that pushes you as hard as your body will allow. Then get lots of sleep.

Good luck hope this helps.

Good advice. I always have a group of people to work out with because of football. A bunch of starters and me go workout the month or two at another gym before the school gym opens up for us . We usually go right after school(1:30pm) until 5 pm just lifting and playing pickup games of basketball against 25 year old's or some of the rival school's kids that go there.
    "Fear nothing"

rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjdumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lwoodfootball View Post
    Good advice. I always have a group of people to work out with because of football. A bunch of starters and me go workout the month or two at another gym before the school gym opens up for us . We usually go right after school(1:30pm) until 5 pm just lifting and playing pickup games of basketball against 25 year old's or some of the rival school's kids that go there.
    Hey man if your working out and playing bball after. You really need to eat lots to get bigger. You might want to ask some one that knows more, but I've heard that if you workout then run lots your not really going to gain. You'll lose your gut for sure but it might be taking away from your workouts.

Yeah but the weird thing is I've never felt like i needed more in me during the day. I know quite a bit about foods and such and I'm still learning and taking advice, I'm throwing together a food plan and list of foods to get now. Ill post back on my progress.
    "Fear nothing"