FiEnDsTeR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to lose belly fat to show abs (ectomorph)

I have heard that in order for your abs to show, you need to lose your belly fat by doing cardio, but since I'm an ectomorph I can only do cardio twice a week for 20 min, and if I do anymore, I risk losing the muscle I worked for so hard for. So what can I do?

wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheylover has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    who tell u u can only cardio 2x a week?
    also, LISS/HIIT?

btw, i suggest u do LISS after workout and maybe HIIT off day

hope this help

mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FiEnDsTeR View Post
    I have heard that in order for your abs to show, you need to lose your belly fat by doing cardio, but since I'm an ectomorph I can only do cardio twice a week for 20 min, and if I do anymore, I risk losing the muscle I worked for so hard for. So what can I do?
    you be reading the wrong book nga.

Really? I read it all over the internet, basically to sum up all that I read, ectomorphs can't do that much cardio, cause of their gaining weight dilemma.

Blackmagic479 is just really nice. (+1000) Blackmagic479 is just really nice. (+1000) Blackmagic479 is just really nice. (+1000) Blackmagic479 is just really nice. (+1000) Blackmagic479 is just really nice. (+1000) Blackmagic479 is just really nice. (+1000) Blackmagic479 is just really nice. (+1000) Blackmagic479 is just really nice. (+1000) Blackmagic479 is just really nice. (+1000) Blackmagic479 is just really nice. (+1000) Blackmagic479 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Maybe try adjusting your diet to a more healthy one and then start eating more. More cardio with healthier foods plus weight lifting will shed off unwanted weight. I do 15 mins of intense cardio everyday and I'm still gaining and retaining muscle.

Originally Posted by Blackmagic479 View Post
    Maybe try adjusting your diet to a more healthy one and then start eating more. More cardio with healthier foods plus weight lifting will shed off unwanted weight. I do 15 mins of intense cardio everyday and I'm still gaining and retaining muscle.
    But you not an ectomorph, right?

Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Schnitter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am ectomorph and to get abs I had to not have cheat meals for 3 months. You can cardio more than 2 times a week dont know what crap book would tell you otherwize. You will have to do weighed abs to have them pop out or you will have a hard time seeing them.

Doesn't it depend on how many minutes you do the cardio for?

Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    squat / front squat to build a strong core to build up your abs. then make sure you work out all parts of your body for a while to build muscle to burn more fat. soon enough they will show. adding some cardio and eating clean will also help.
    The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win.
    -Roger Bannister

kingofdacourt is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdacourt is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdacourt is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdacourt is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdacourt is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdacourt is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdacourt is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdacourt is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdacourt is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdacourt is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingofdacourt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have the same problem OP, skinny, not strong, and I feel the ab muscle but it barely shows. However I've had great improvements over a few months- a few things i did differently. Started rippetoes- squatting heavy 3 times a week. My calories went down a little bit but its been healthier, more fruits less cookies, and 3rd I didn't do too much ab work just 3 sets after everyworkout 3 days a week (2 days crunches, 3rd day leg raise). Hope this helps.