Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sending get-well vibes to Em.
    ------------------------

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
    Matthew 22:36-40

AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi Joan!!

I hope Emily starts feeling better - it is a huge bummer to wake up so sick!

What are some of the things you have tried with Randy to identify a plan to meet the needs of your household? - (specifically it sounds like financial) I am curious because sometimes we feel we have tried everything, but none of the approaches are what the other person needs to encourage them to be involved. Just a thought...

I love doggies...we have talked about getting another one, but i don't know if I have time to train a puppy.

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Did y'all move your clocks ahead?

Originally Posted by moisy View Post
    So sorry to hear that Emily is now not feeling too well
    I hope it passes so that she can enjoy her weekend away
    Great workout despite everything going on in your world

I am sure that everything will work itself out in the end ... it always does one way or another for the best ... just takes time and patience
    Thank you Moisy....I think Emily is a bit better. She seemed more 'peppy' as we watched the CAVS play last night (on TV)
    She is totally excited to meet some of her Favorite CAVS Players today...and I am excited for her!
    She told me to wear a certain top....To show-Off my muscles LOL Funny!

I am still being patient
    Originally Posted by girl81 View Post
    Sending get-well vibes to Em.
    Thanks Bunches!!

Originally Posted by AbramsAM View Post
    Hi Joan!!

I hope Emily starts feeling better - it is a huge bummer to wake up so sick!

What are some of the things you have tried with Randy to identify a plan to meet the needs of your household? - (specifically it sounds like financial) I am curious because sometimes we feel we have tried everything, but none of the approaches are what the other person needs to encourage them to be involved. Just a thought...

I love doggies...we have talked about getting another one, but i don't know if I have time to train a puppy.
    Hi Angela...You're such a sweet friend!
    Thank you for your thought....I am thinking if I have thought of everything...wondering what else

IF we were to get a dog.....he/she will be an older dog..not a puppy.
    Evan has one in mind...We shall see.

G'Day Ya'll!
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    LEGS

Smith Squats "box"
    160: 18-17
    165: 18 --BB!
    170: 14 --PB x2!

ATG
    90: 16

Lying Leg Press
    255: 17
    265: 14-16 --PB!
    270: 14 --PB x2!

Extentions
    130: 14-13
    135: 10-11

Smith Split Squats
    140: 11-11-10-10

--Wobbly/Strong W/O! *Split Squats are Killers!

CALVES

Smith Raises
    Donkey Raises
    3 x To Failure

--Good Burn!

SHOULDERS

Standing BB Press - Front-To-Back
    40: 14-10-10-10

DB Laterals - Side-To-Front
    10: 11-10-10-11

Head-On-Bench DB Laterals
    25: 14
    30: 10-12-13

--Phew! Good Pump!

I had a very gross and vivid dream during my sleep.
    Eww!
    Since I love to interpret dreams and their symbols, to find out what or why something was dreamt....it is my turn to find out why and what I dreamt about meant.

I dreamt that I had maggots in my hair....mostly in the back of head towards the bottom. EWW!
    I acted calm about it, But I was very uncomfortable and I did Not want them in my hair!
    In my dream I tried washing it all out in the kitchen sink.

Here is what the symbols in my dreamt meant....now I have to take the Dream Symbols (maggots, hair and water) learn what they mean, and use it to see how it pertains to my Waking Life.
    And perhaps I could resolve/fix something in my life....or maybe just understand, if it's not fixable. (i dunno)

Maggot

To see maggots in your dream, represents your anxieties about death. It may also be indicative of some issue or problem that you have been rejecting and it is now "eating away" at you . You need to confront it for it is destroying your sense of harmony and balance.

Hair

To see hair in your dream, signifies sexual virility, seduction, sensuality, vanity, and health. It is indicative of your attitudes. If your hair is knotted or tangled, then it is symbolic of uncertainty and confusion in your life. You may be unable to think straight.

Water

To see water in your dream, symbolizes your unconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment.
    Last edited by Buffycat3; 03-08-2009 at 01:23 AM.
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow ... that was a powerful and very telling dream Joan It seems to represent how you are feeling right and what you are going through. It always amazes me how the subconscious works ... I think the water is telling too that hopefully you are heading into a period of healing, new thinking and moving forward

Have a great time today with the family in Cleveland - I think it is awesome that Emily is going to be able to meet some of her favourite players!! I am so glad that she is feeling better!!
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing well!

Bring on the DOMS!! Mrs_Muscles's Avatar
    Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mrs_Muscles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sorry to hear that Emily is not feeling well But what an amazing and sweet young lady!

What an icky dream! But it's very interesting to read the interpretation of it. It all fits right in. What a powerful thing the sub-conscious mind is!

Anxiety!

I wasn't going to post....I even thought of not working out today

My Sunday started off good.
    In fact, I was going to say I had One Of The Best Days Spent with My Family.

We attended the Cleveland Auto Show...(Wow! The cars were amazing, I surely am not worthy of most of the cars. I did come to find a favorite, a 2009 Scion)

The main reason we attended the Auto Show was so Emily could meet some of her favorite CAVS players...unfortunately the Line for the signing was humongous!!
    We never would have even gotten close to the end.
    We bailed out of line after waiting 2 hours <---yeah, we were that willing to meet the players heh!

We did however get a (distant) pictures of them....Emily was a bit dissapointed (obviously) but was happy enough to get the photos.

Evan was in his glory, with all the new cars.
    He enjoyed himself.

Photo at the show...Me and Evan (Evan is in the shiney red car behind me...lol)

After the show we were 'starving' so we went to a Red Robin Restaruant.
    (we've eaten there before, and we love the food)
    Unfortunately there was a big party of people ahead of us, and it caused our dinner to be late.....50min late!
    We didn't complain, but we did end up having the Manager come to us and give his apologies AND a Free Dinner!
    My food never tasted so good! lol

Speaking of food....I actually had a "Cheat Meal" ha!
    It was scrumptious, and I was surprised that I wasn't full-feeling from it...in fact I could've ate more.
    Fun!

Then the car ride home Randy and I talked....and it put me into a 'depression' again. Anxiety.
    Once at home, some things went on and I sorta expressed my uneasiness and feelings.....I was really hoping that Randy would follow me upstairs and talk with me...but Heh, I guess he didn't see the importance.
    What Ever!

Feeling uptight, unsure, and uneasy...I almost didn't workout.
    The feeling of 'what for?'
    Well, knowing that is not the way to think, I gathered my thoughts and focused on my training. (thinking, I deserve to give myself a good w/o, and a good one at that!)

So I did:

BACK

Bent-Over Cable Rows
    95: 18-16
    100: 13-14

Long-Bar T-Bar Rows
    145: 14-15-14-16

Incline DB Rows
    40: 16-16-14-14

Smith Deads
    100: 14-12-12

--Good-N-Strong!

BICEPS

WG BB Curls
    40: 20-16-15

CG BB Curls
    13-13-13

Preacher Curls
    40: 15-13-15

--Nice Pump!

CARDIO

Treadmill: 10
    Elliptical: 10
    Last edited by Buffycat3; 03-09-2009 at 02:59 AM.

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Car shows are fun!

You look awesome, look at that arm (I'm sure your other one matches )

We are certainly living in uncertain times. We are realisitc thinkers when it comes to the economy and what we will have for the next 5-10 years. It is not good overall, but we each have to make it work somehow.
    Julia

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OMG! YOU! HAD! A! CHEAT! MEAL!!!

How'd it feel?

P.S. Do you eat protein bars?
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    hmmm..Joan..cheat meal....I have a feeling your definition of the word is different from mine!!

Glad you had fun..hope the anxiety and uneasiness improves!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

Originally Posted by PorscheGal View Post
    Car shows are fun!

You look awesome, look at that arm (I'm sure your other one matches )

We are certainly living in uncertain times. We are realisitc thinkers when it comes to the economy and what we will have for the next 5-10 years. It is not good overall, but we each have to make it work somehow.
    LOL funny thing is I DO have another arm....and it pretty much matches

Thanks for the realistic view on how uncertain times are...

Originally Posted by jaim91 View Post
    OMG! YOU! HAD! A! CHEAT! MEAL!!!

How'd it feel?

P.S. Do you eat protein bars?
    As I posted, I was left still feeling hungry....it tasted Wonderful...no ill feelings, because I didn't gorge or go overboard....just a perfect taste of little this and little that:
    ENSENADA CHICKEN PLATTER
    Two juicy chicken breasts rubbed with a zesty Mexican blend of chili seasonings, then charbroiled and bursting with Baja-style flavor.
    Served with a side of salsa and salad greens with Pepper-Jack and Cheddar cheeses, red and green bell peppers, & tortilla strips

And NO, I do not eat protein bars ...thanks for asking.

Originally Posted by Tara
    hmmm..Joan..cheat meal....I have a feeling your definition of the word is different from mine!!

Glad you had fun..hope the anxiety and uneasiness improves!
    I posted my meal above.

What IS YOUR definition of cheat meal?

Thanks for the Hope!!
    Last edited by Buffycat3; 03-09-2009 at 05:53 PM.

NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all
    True Iron Amazon. Hard.Body.Elegance. Consulting

www.trueironamazon.com

www.tabmassage..com

Yesterday I made the decision to start training my abs.
    It's been 3 1/2 months since my surgery....and I feel ready to start (slowly) in direct training of my abs.

I am not sure how intense to train....even with feeling good in that area, I still don't want to hurt the insides.

Not only am I training b/c I feel ready to train abs.....But b/c I am NOT liking the way they are looking. ...Yuk!

It may be due to the surgery (alot went on inside me) in which that area is looking round and not flat.
    Could be genetics to though....little of both, I'm sure.
    There's looseness to the skin as well. It was stretched when I was so swollen....and it hasn't tightened up as it went down *sigh* (wondering how 'skin tightening' cream works...or is it just a gimmick?)

So today I started my first Ab Training since surgery.

Jack-Knifes
    Crunches
    4 x Time To Failure

--Felt good, There was No internal pain, I got a good burn in my upper abs.

girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Joan,
    I have heard that cocoa butter lotion is good for skin tightening...cheap too. I have NOT tried it though.
    ------------------------

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your cheat meals sounded D-E-L-I-S-H!!!!
    I am glad that you allowed yourself something different ... change is good for the body, mind and soul

AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's not really a cheat meal but I'm so glad you enjoyed! LOL

Glad you enjoyed the car show - that is a sweet ride in the picture!!

Don't worry you were very missed this weekend - a lot of people didn't make it this year, you weren't the only one! We ate plenty of protein bar samples for you
    "Strong, pure and happy thoughts build up the body in vigor and grace."
    - James Allen

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

www.mymonavie.com/proverb16
    Best product I have found that is a way to get your fruit, great for an active lifestyle, and VERY macro friendly..........not to mention an amazing opportunity

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm glad you enjoyed your meal - treat or not - you enjoyed it and that is what is all about!

I hate hearing the struggles you've been having lately - but I am praying for you and staying positive!

I hope we can all go to the Arnold next year - but you have to make me a stromboli
    *Mandy*

How bout them Cowboys?? :D

If you wanna get big - you gotta get nasty!

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi Joan!!

Looks great in here! That cheat meals sounds yummy and I'm glad you enjoyed. I hope everything with your abs works out fine. I'm sure they'll continue to look better and better...maybe you just need more time. How do your abs feel now after you trained them?

Protein bars blahhhh who eats those seriously...

Have a great day!!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Glad you enjoyed a non-planned meal and enjoyed it without any effects....seee!!! You can eat anything in moderation!!!

How do you feel today after working those abs? Be careful!

I was once told that, "When You feel that you are bored, it is because you are boring."

Errr, something like that.

I have to think of a way to liven up my ..um, life.
    I seem to have fallen into a routine of something of a boring schedule.
    (of course there are factors that are playing a role into this outcome)
    *sigh*

And what do I do when your spouse is not on the same page of what 'fun' is?

...just a few thoughts I wanted to throw down....to help get my blood flowing in my brain. heh!

I went to bed feeling agitated....could be part b/c I fell asleep while watching tv.
    I woke up sweating.
    A bit tired.
    But once I got up and focused on my purpose of the day, I quickly felt much better.
    My training is something I can control and is in control of.
    It feels good.

My body is feeling great!
    I am looking fuller and a bit tighter...Yay!

My Abs are feeling some really good DOMS from my training. Yes!
    And no strange or uncomfortable feeling from surgery. Double Yes!

I increased the weight in my chest w/o! Yay for Strength!! Happy!

CHEST

Incline Smith Press
    85: 13-11-10-10

Incline DB Press
    45: 9-9-8-9

DB Press
    45: 12-10-9-9

DB Flyes
    40: 7-7-7-7

--Strong W/O!

TRICEPS

Close-Grip Press
    45: 15-13-13-13

One-Arm Cable Kick-Backs
    10: 16-14-12-13

Dips
    BW: 20-18-20-20

Over-Head DB Extensions
    35: 17-15-15-16

--Big Burn!

CARDIO

Treadmill: 10
    Elliptical: 10

Joan,
    I have heard that cocoa butter lotion is good for skin tightening...cheap too. I have NOT tried it though.
    Ok Thanks...I've heard that cocoa butter is good for sking tightening too.
    Your cheat meals sounded D-E-L-I-S-H!!!!
    I am glad that you allowed yourself something different ... change is good for the body, mind and soul
    Hi Moisy! CHEERS!

I could have eaten more...lol
    It was a good time, being with my family.

Originally Posted by AgeRage View Post
    That's not really a cheat meal but I'm so glad you enjoyed! LOL

Glad you enjoyed the car show - that is a sweet ride in the picture!!

Don't worry you were very missed this weekend - a lot of people didn't make it this year, you weren't the only one! We ate plenty of protein bar samples for you
    Not a cheat?
    Cheese?
    Tortilla Strips?
    Definitely a cheat for me! heh!
    What would you call a cheat?

I am hoping next year will be better for me, and that I can make the 2010 Arnold...Are you planning on going next year?

You can eat all the protein bars you want....I wouldn't eat them anyway.

Originally Posted by amj0883 View Post
    I'm glad you enjoyed your meal - treat or not - you enjoyed it and that is what is all about!

I hate hearing the struggles you've been having lately - but I am praying for you and staying positive!

I hope we can all go to the Arnold next year - but you have to make me a stromboli
    Oh it WAS a treat for sure! lol I loved every bite! And I enjoyed every minute with my family!

Thanks for the prayers...I am sure they will be heard!

LOL You remembered about the Stromboli's!! Cool! I definately will make you one someday...lol
    *crosses fingers for next year*
    Originally Posted by sherdi View Post
    Glad you enjoyed a non-planned meal and enjoyed it without any effects....seee!!! You can eat anything in moderation!!!

How do you feel today after working those abs? Be careful!
    Hi Sheri!
    LOL I ate some cheese! It was pepper-jack and cheddar cheese blend....not too much not too little...Just enough to add some good flavor.

My Abs are feeling some really good DOMS from my training.
    And no strange or uncomfortable feeling from surgery. I am happy about this!

Originally Posted by kimm4
    Hi Joan!!

Looks great in here! That cheat meals sounds yummy and I'm glad you enjoyed. I hope everything with your abs works out fine. I'm sure they'll continue to look better and better...maybe you just need more time. How do your abs feel now after you trained them?

Protein bars blahhhh who eats those seriously...

Have a great day!!
    Hi Kim!

It was a very delicious meal....If I ever go back there (humm? next year perhaps..lol) I am ordering the Same Meal....Yep, it was That Good!

I believe you are right about my abs.
    It will take time....prolly a good year.
    My Abs are feeling some really good DOMS from my training.
    And no strange or uncomfortable feeling from surgery.
    I will continue to train them once a week....Carefully!

I agree with you on the protein bars... (this is my opinion) Just because they say they are 'Protein' bars, doesn't make them safe from Other junk that is put in them.
    People have to read the label carefully.
    I've hear the phrase..."Glorified Candy Bar" ...yep I agree.

Originally Posted by NGR8SHAPE View Post
    Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all
    Hi !!!!!!!

that is NOT all....lol
    I sent ya PM.

Take Care Everyone.....Keep your passion!

Joan,
    I admire your work ethic and discipline. I know you will be a great trainer (or whatever calling you persue) some day. I have so much faith in you.
    I think everyone's path has boring dark transitional valleys, and beautiful mountains; the bad helps me appreciate the good. I've learned the most through the dark times and am trying to apply those lessons as much as I can. For me, the valleys were a blessing; a gift.
    Last edited by girl81; 03-11-2009 at 02:39 AM.
    ------------------------

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The only kind I like are the trioplex bars, which are completely all natural and so good! I don't eat protein bars either though. I'd rather have real food!

I understand what you mean by getting into a "routine". I feel like I need more to liven up my life too! Too much work!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"No, your face does."

My spirits are lifted.
    I am choosing to be happy regardless of what I face.

Now after receiving special words.....I am starting today Very Happy and New Beginning.
    (nothing spectacular is going to happen...not a 'big bang' of a great event ...but minute by minute, little by little, the New Beginning shall happen)

Today I trained Legs/Calves/Shoulders....and My Gawd! I blasted them!!
    yess!

LEGS

Lying Leg Press
    265: 16-15
    270: 15-16-15

Smith 'Box' Squats
    165: 14-14-
    170: 12-12

ATG

Estentions
    135: 12-12-12-12

DB Lunges/Split Squats
    30: 10-13-11-12

--Wobbly! Fatigued!

CALVES

Smith Raises
    Donkey Smith Raises w/hold at top
    3 x To Failure

--Ouch! Big Burn!

SHOULDERS

Seated DB Press
    30: 17-13-11-12

DB Laterals Side-To-Front
    30: 11-2-13-13

--Phew! Good Burn!

Joan,
    I admire your work ethic and discipline. I know you will be a great trainer (or whatever calling you persue) some day. I have so much faith in you.
    I think everyone's path has boring dark transitional valleys, and beautiful mountains; the bad helps me appreciate the good. I've learned the most through the dark times and am trying to apply those lessons as much as I can. For me, the valleys were a blessing; a gift.
    I truly believe what you say.
    I agree that one must go through dark times in order to appreciate the Good.
    As hard as times may be, it is up to me to choose, to carry on and to appreciate all God has given me.

Oh and thanks for the confidence you have in me, in hopes one day I will be able to pursue my calling.( I have my ears and heart open to learn what that is)
    Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    The only kind I like are the trioplex bars, which are completely all natural and so good! I don't eat protein bars either though. I'd rather have real food!

I understand what you mean by getting into a "routine". I feel like I need more to liven up my life too! Too much work!
    Yes! Here's to Real Food! lol
    (I'd have to look into the trioplex bars...just to see not to eat heh!)

I hope both you and me get out of the 'slump' and we will!

Have a great day everyone!!

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Girlie I have been following...just haven't posted

So glad all is good in your world! Wish we could have had fun together this weekend!

...and those protein bars...yep, junk! My Labrada connection gave me two boxes last night...I will be bringing them to work Glorified candy bars....absolutely!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

She-Hulk in the making IronMaiden1522's Avatar
    IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey Joan!
    I am glad you enjoyed a yummy dinner out with family!

Wow to the reps in your WO's! Your legs must have been toast after the leg press! I feel that you are pretty intuitive with your body, so listen to it when training abs and be careful!

I was happy to read today that you are feeling better ... making a conserted effort to think positively and to move forward despite the odds ... you are a strong woman Joan

AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AbramsAM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi Joan!

It is funny that you were talking about how people get together and finding a common ground on what is 'fun'. My mom and I went to lunch and were talking about how couples find that bond. I know hubs and I intentionally talk about how much we need certain things in our life (time alone, time with friends, time camping, time working out, time watching tv) And the intentional conversation about that seems to help. Then I have also read a lot about how to assess interests and needs and how to make two people work together once they understand each others' needs.I think no matter if two people are different, if there is a respect for eachothers' desires a the desires aren't unreasonable or against moral values, it is often work-able

Well - just wanted to say that

Hope all is well!

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    *Sends you peace, serenity, good thoughts, and hella vascularity @ 5:18am*

Hope you have an awesome day Joan!
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

Good comment by Angela...I think it's important to discuss what is fun for each of you and try to incorporate things that you can enjoy together, separately and sometimes suck it up and do things you don't really like b/c the other person does! Drew and I need to work on that..both of us can be a little selfish sometimes!

"No, your face does."

REST and GROW!

I decided to take a couple days of rest.
    Even though my Workouts have been strong(er)....My body is saying "Please Hold Off For A Couple Days."

Today, Tomorrow: REST!

Originally Posted by MuscleMom View Post
    Hey Girlie I have been following...just haven't posted

So glad all is good in your world! Wish we could have had fun together this weekend!

...and those protein bars...yep, junk! My Labrada connection gave me two boxes last night...I will be bringing them to work Glorified candy bars....absolutely!
    I would have LOVED to have spent the weekend with you. Imagine the 'fun' we'd have (remember: we talked about our fun before...hehe)

Originally Posted by IronMaiden1522 View Post
    Hey Joan!
    I am glad you enjoyed a yummy dinner out with family!

Wow to the reps in your WO's! Your legs must have been toast after the leg press! I feel that you are pretty intuitive with your body, so listen to it when training abs and be careful!
    They ARE toast!!
    I did em good!

I feel my legs (quads, hams, glutes) ARE growing....because my jeans are fitting SNUGGER and Randy made a happy comment about them *wink* WHOO!
    I was happy to read today that you are feeling better ... making a conserted effort to think positively and to move forward despite the odds ... you are a strong woman Joan
    Thanks my friend Moisy!
    Originally Posted by AbramsAM View Post
    Hi Joan!

It is funny that you were talking about how people get together and finding a common ground on what is 'fun'. My mom and I went to lunch and were talking about how couples find that bond. I know hubs and I intentionally talk about how much we need certain things in our life (time alone, time with friends, time camping, time working out, time watching tv) And the intentional conversation about that seems to help. Then I have also read a lot about how to assess interests and needs and how to make two people work together once they understand each others' needs.I think no matter if two people are different, if there is a respect for eachothers' desires a the desires aren't unreasonable or against moral values, it is often work-able

Well - just wanted to say that

Hope all is well!
    You are correct and very wise!
    Thank you for posting this in my journal. I hope others read this and come to learn this is true!

Originally Posted by jaim91 View Post
    *Sends you , and hella vascularity @ 5:18am* :

Hope you have an awesome day Joan!
    Hey Babe!

Rest day for this chick! lol

Thanks for the peace, serenity, good thoughts....and definatly the vascularity!! back atcha!
    Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    Good comment by Angela...I think it's important to discuss what is fun for each of you and try to incorporate things that you can enjoy together, separately and sometimes suck it up and do things you don't really like b/c the other person does! Drew and I need to work on that..both of us can be a little selfish sometimes!
    Amen Sista Tara!!

Remember work either easy or hard....is worth the effort!

Be happy ya'll!!

EDIT: I am feeling uncomfortable with my added 'fluff'...Ugh!
    Although I know it is for the good of adding muscle....er something like that
    Still UnComFortAble about it!!!!
    Last edited by Buffycat3; 03-13-2009 at 04:55 PM.