M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Workouts to tighten up stomach and and sides?

I found this image to help explain what i want to look like. I am already pretty cut, but I want to know what i can do to help tone up my sides and lower abs.

http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/pictu...20IMG_1692.jpg

Here's me now.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/im...521432orig.jpg

Is it normal for the muscle on the side to hang over the hip so much? is that good or should i cut and rid of that? Im not sure on what to go for here.
    Last edited by M-A-C; 12-30-2008 at 11:17 PM.

mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by M-A-C View Post
    I found this image to help explain what i want to look like. I am already pretty cut, but I want to know what i can do to help tone up my sides and lower abs.

Here's me now.

[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Mitch/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/body%20building/CIMG3080.JPG[/img]
    clean diet, cardio to cut fat, hanging raises, crunches, twists, etc. btw, failed on second link.

Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lilhoose is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    squats
    The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win.
    -Roger Bannister

M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10) M-A-C is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mybody001 View Post
    clean diet, cardio to cut fat, hanging raises, crunches, twists, etc. btw, failed on second link.
    Second link is of me currently and it is now working. thanks for your input.

Originally Posted by Lilhoose View Post
    squats
    really??!! squats should help with my lower abs and sides? or are you just bullsh***ing me?

mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by M-A-C View Post
    really??!! squats should help with my lower abs and sides? or are you just bullsh***ing me?
    at bb exercise forums, squats is the cure for everything. but yes, your abs are stabilizing muscles doing squats.

at bb exercise forums, squats is the cure for everything. but yes, your abs are stabilizing muscles doing squats.
    yeah i understand that. thanks

conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) conceptvirgo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Make sure to focus on your interior abs as well. By strengthening them, it will tighten everything up and prevent strain on your back. Stomach Vacuums are great for this. As for your sides, cardio helps to get rid of love handles. To strengthen and tighten them, focus on oblique exercises (oblique v-ups, floor whippers, hanging whippers, scissors). Those should get you on the right track. Hope that helps.
    "The body is a beautiful thing, it shuts you down before you die. It's only after you shut down and feel like dying that you realize how alive you feel...so go on and lift some more...and make sure its heavy."