clowntown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What does your Doctor have to say about your High Protein Diet?

Anyone discuss their High Protein Bodybuiling type diet with their Doctor.

I am curious if a Doc , or Cardiologist would recommending consumtion of around 200 grams of protein per day for a 205lb male who works out regularly, while keeping fat consumption moderate to low.

Just want to make sure that I am not harming myself with a high protein diet.

Any scientific studies out there?

Thanks!

Bulking from 175lbs-250lb bobbybuilder1's Avatar
    bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bobbybuilder1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well I used to be about 126lbs, 6'1 and anorexic, when I saw my dr 1 year later, I was 196lbs.... He took one look at me and was shocked, my mum then said is it healthy for him to be bodybuilding? He said well missis ......... Your son has obviously 1. increased his calorie intake, 2. EATING ALOT OF PROTEIN WHICH IS GOOD FOR BUILDING MUSCLE, AND VERY FEW PEOPLE EAT ENOUGH, and 3. been very successful at bodybuilding, their is completely no need to worry, he is a very healthy individual.
    Telling you how it is since 1991

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by clowntown View Post

I am curious if a Doc , or Cardiologist would recommending consumtion of around 200 grams of protein per day for a 205lb male who works out regularly, while keeping fat consumption moderate to low.

Thanks!
    to be honest many doctors don't know. I'm in medical sales and honestly I haven't met a doctor yet who really knew anything about bodybuilding/serious muscle building type diets.

The best thing no matter what your doc says is to routinely get physicals and bloodwork done (once a year if your healthy). That is the only way to really know what is going on with you.

RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well I guess I'm blessed enough to have a sports medicine doctor as my primary physician. When I told him the amount of protein I aim to eat each day all he really said was "Oh well just really make sure you drink plenty of water and you will be fine." But I have also gone from roughly 246 down to 170, so I think he's overall just happy I'm in better shape now.

My power is over 9000 RachelBringIt's Avatar
    RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000)
    The only thing I have gotten is too much protein powder can cause kidney stones if you arent properly hydrated. But like the poster said above, drink enough water and you should be fine
    [Stickam Crǝw]

"A taste for truth at any cost is a passion which spares nothing." - Albert Camus

fab107 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RachelBringIt View Post
    The only thing I have gotten is too much protein powder can cause kidney stones if you arent properly hydrated. But like the poster said above, drink enough water and you should be fine

I have been prone to kidney stones in the past and I am supposed to drink plenty of water to begin with, but I wasn't so aware of the protein powder as one of the causes. It makes sense though.

clowntown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much water

How much water would be required?

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thanks!

I actually just yesterday talked to my doctor about my diet when I was in there being told to stop Working out lol (for other reasons) and he loved it -- I consume about 200-250grams a day and also carb cycle with a lot of fat in my diet. Doc isn't a brainless moron who takes whatever he was told in medical school to be flawless.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My doctor reminded me that blueberries are not a low calorie food.

But the damage had already been done
    Who was this love of yours?

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thanks!
    Too many peple get caught up looking at the effects of just one thing instead of looking at the bigger picture and the net effects.

As long are you aren't practicing odd exclusionary eating and are not creating dietary deficiencies of numerous important nutrients, then you'll make it through AOK.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne38.htm
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.