Scarface735 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Football Scholarships?

Do you think its possible to get one? My high school team is really bad and if i were to somehow make my team win a conference, would college coaches recruit me? My dream is to attend the University of Texas in Austin. By the way I'm a Running Back.

Anyway is that how does that work? Do they find a good athlete and put them in their school for free?

nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well we dont know anything about u like size, postion, speed. So we have no clue.

mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i'd say that the majority of the time your coach has to get your name out there to the scouts and recruiters other wise you wont get noticed unless your team makes it to the state championship.

HenryHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) HenryHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) HenryHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) HenryHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) HenryHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) HenryHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) HenryHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) HenryHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) HenryHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) HenryHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) HenryHill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If your team is as bad as you say it is then you should be starting as a sophomore and putting up decent numbers. Remember, it's not about weightlifting statistics or 40 times necessarily. You have plenty of time to improve these numbers. I was a pretty big contributor to my team as a 185 pound sophomore. I could only bench about 225 and parallel squat 315 or so, but I still managed 42 tackles and a sack.

As far as your team being bad, make it your job to motivate them and get them working hard in the offseason. I was on an unofficial visit to a D1 school this year the day after our season ended. We won our first four games and were on the verge of being state ranked before dropping our next five and missing the playoffs. When the school's defensive coordinator asked me how our season was going and I told him this I could literally see my stock falling from his facial reaction. Schools want to recruit players from good teams, and if you aren't winning you better be that much better than the guys that are because they definitely look at your record when recruiting you.

frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mesayseo View Post
    i'd say that the majority of the time your coach has to get your name out there to the scouts and recruiters other wise you wont get noticed unless your team makes it to the state championship.

Even if your team makes it to state (which we did), and wins it (which we did) it's still up to the coach.

(no one from our team has a major d-1 offer)
    Effort.

watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    YAll have a good bit of players on rivals.com year in and out...

nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) nhhack is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    IT IS NOT UP TO YOUR COACH TO GET YOUR NAME OUT THERE! It is yours and your parents responisblilty to get your name out there. How do you do this? Send out letters, game film and scheduals. If your coach does that feel very lucky because he has no obligation to do that. This is in refrence to a PUBLIC high school. Private and prep is a diff story.

Ncwinn4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    na, it's mainly your coaches. Your mom and pops can say your all american, they have no credibility. Recruits want to hear from football coaches and such, and then they want proof. After that they come to your school meet your coach, you, and then if they're serious about recruiting you, they meet your parents. Only in small schools where scholarships are created by grants and loans do you and your parents play a big role in recruiting.

mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by frobro View Post
    Even if your team makes it to state (which we did), and wins it (which we did) it's still up to the coach.

(no one from our team has a major d-1 offer)
    what i was trying to say was if your team makes it to state there is always a ton of scouts there and if your good they will take notice.

oh yeah FroBro what school did you go to?
    was it in florida by any chance?
    no im not being sarcastic or anything dumb like that i am just asking.

watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Its in SC. It's not really up to coaches. Parents won't lie about stuff like that. That's why you send newspaper articles and game film to back up your credentials. Its really up to you and your parents to get yourself recruited. Coaches don't have to. You think they want to help all the kids on the team get a scholarship? What makes you think he will treat you any diff. then any other kid?

yeah it is up to you to some extent but eventually it gets back to your coach.
    you cant make it to the next level if your coach doesnt like you and tells the recruiters that you have a bad attitude and aren't a team player. Believe me i have seen this happen.

Fellow New Orleanian! neworleans's Avatar
    neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by watchandsee23 View Post
    It's not really up to coaches. Parents won't lie about stuff like that.
    thats bs..if football is all the kid's got, parents WILL lie for them. so it IS up to the coach.
    ATL Falcons
    Milwaukee Brewers
    LeGoat

newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I've seen a bunch of different people get to play D1 different ways

1.) The team wins states and everyone who is good gets a scholarship. (scouts go to states)

2.) College recruits one guy from state champions and he gets a scholarship, but noticed a Junior or Sophomore at the game and follow him the next year and recruit him a year later.

3.) Guy is 6'4" 280 - scouts scan the papers for stuff like this - the Rock is example - then they come to see if he is good.

4.) Guy ran a 4.4 40 at a reputable summer camp or did something freakish a few summers in a row puts up freaky numbers in track too - they come to see if he is good - my friend who is a safety was recruited this way D1 even though not big stats or states.

5.) Guy has ridiculous stats in paper - they come to see if he's good.

6.) The guy walks on D1 for college (first person there in summer as freshman) never talks back, goes to every practice, never complains even though he doesn't play, by senior year is scholarship player after earns respect for fighting uphill battle and not complaining when he was a no one and proves himself over a few years. This is cool because you can determine where you play in college if you aren't recruited (some guys talk to the coach a year in advance and then decide where to walk on based on how the coach treats them) - but you better be a warrior psychologically and emotionally as well as physically and have Spiritual motivation because this is hard to do.

7.) Weird random stuff.

8.) Prays.
    Last edited by newbatman; 01-20-2007 at 06:10 PM.

Parents won't lie to coaches saying stuff like they are an all-american. Of course their parents or coaches wouldn't need to talk to scouts if he is an all-american. Do you expect parents to tell the truth and possibly jeopordize their kid saving them 100,000+ dollars. "Oh yea, tommy is a good player but sometimes doesn't act right. His room is consistently dirty and he talks back to me sometimes."

bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ive sent hundreds of kids to college on scholorships. dont rely on your coach or recruiters, coaches could care less and recruiting in the ncaa is very hard..

pick out where you want to go- what states or schools,, look up the schools on the internet.. keep in mind there might be a small school somewhere that you've never herd of thats willing to save you 60 grand in tuition.

once you've fiqured out where you want to go send a letter to the coach- unless they have an online questioner.. tell them your stats, what you have accomplished and all that ****.. tell them why you want to go to that school and why they should spend their time looking at you.. tell them you have a videotape upon request....obviously you know your skill level, dont go to a d1 school if you dont have then ability..

lets say you want to play football in florida.. you send in your info to at least 20 schools you've picked out.. 8 of them ask for a video tape.. 5 of them say they like what they see and want you to go on a visit,, you spend a few days at each school and the coach tells you what they'll offer..

school A says they'll give you a 3,000 dollars a semester.. school B says they'll give you 4,000.. you go back to school A and say " well school B is willing to give you more so i might go with them".. school A now says "wait i have an academic grant i can give you for an extra 2,000".. treat it like a buisness, but at the same time dont look like a gready prick.. most schools are interested in you charactor as much as your skill..

ive seen kids get scholrships that have the cordination of a retard,, if your willing to go wherever, and search hard for a school- anyone can get a scholorship.. if none of those 20 schools in florida wants you,, then you need 20 more,, if none of those schools want you then you need to go to georgia.......

bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    one more thing,, do this yourself, 100% on your own.your potential coach doesnt care about your parents.. keep the parents away. your coach wants to see your responsibility and maturity.. not your mommy's

MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MarkA15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Scarface735 View Post
    Do you think its possible to get one? My high school team is really bad and if i were to somehow make my team win a conference, would college coaches recruit me?
    My high school is bad. But a my friend was recruited by UCLA (Darius Savage. His dad is our varisty coach). He's big, and yeah, he is good, even though our team sucks.
    *****OFFICIAL MISC PHOTOGRAPHY CREW*****
    ◄FILMM∆KERS CR€W►
    ϟ CHARGERS CREW ϟ

"You don't need God to know good people exist, but you need good people to know God exists."
    -MarkA15

Scarface735 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    We should really make a sticky thread about tips on getting a scholarship.

metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) metaldrumr7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    to get a fullride football scholarship, you have to show schools that your worth one of the few scholarships they are giving out each recruiting class. do whatever you need to do during the offseason to up your game (weight room, conditioning, position skills etc.), try go to to as many scout combines or camps that schools host during the summer, and get a parent or friend to tape your games for film to send to coaches if they are interested.
    Last edited by metaldrumr7; 01-21-2007 at 07:17 PM.

powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) powrfrk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dont forget to.....keep your grades up!
    CUT UP NUTRITION.COM