Briffault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A little help for a newbie....

Hello,

I have a question which may sound quite strange. I'm 32 and live in Canada, I'm also an agoraphobic (basically can't really go out much at all). I've been speaking to a few people who suggested I start to build up some confidence in order to overcome my disorder. And ofcourse, being a guy, such confidence means building a better physique, which in turn I do honestly believe will help me break this problem. This all leads to a gym membership, which I can't use due to the fact that there's 2 gyms in my local area that are VERY crowded at all times. I need to find a workout machine that I can use at home to build muscle mass and generally get fit. I don't like what I see in the mirror in terms of my body, and this is extremely embarrassing for me to talk about, but thank God for the anonimity of forums. I'm not entirely a beginner though, I did work out with weights at my old apartment but they weren't mine, so I had to leave them behind when I moved, and I can't really buy a new set since there really isn't any stores in the local area which sells them, hence my need to order online. Any help would be appreciated. I've seen all these ads on television for workout machines but I can't decide which one is for mass AND toning. Thanks guys

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Just like it says in the FAQ stickie.

Power rack, FID bench, and Olympic set.

Or you might just start here:

http://www.Ironmaster.com
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Just like it says in the FAQ stickie.

Power rack, FID bench, and Olympic set.

Or you might just start here:

http://www.Ironmaster.com
    this is for sure the best choice. I just bought a basic setup like this for about $780, including used equipment (I also live in Canada).

but ya, if you want to do everything at home you will need some decent equipment, do you have a budget in mind? and forget the things you saw advertising on TV, chances are they are just a money grab.

search around the forums a bit more, you will find a lot of info.

Briffault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jam88 View Post
    this is for sure the best choice. I just bought a basic setup like this for about $780, including used equipment (I also live in Canada).

but ya, if you want to do everything at home you will need some decent equipment, do you have a budget in mind? and forget the things you saw advertising on TV, chances are they are just a money grab.

search around the forums a bit more, you will find a lot of info.
    I don't make alot of money, but a couple hundred dollars is about it, lol. Thanks for the help!

echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Stay away from most anything on TV. It's overpriced, since the high costs of marketing are built into the product. They are usually selling ineffective gimmicks to boot. If you can manage to meet with a stranger to purchase used there are great deals to be found on craigslist, etc.

On a really small budget the best bet might be an FID bench and spin lock dumbbells, but you won't be able to do the excelent "starting strength" program with those.

What are your primary goals? Lose weight, get strong, gain muscle? Pick one as primary, this will help you choose a program (and thus equipment) the others will follow.

Reading the stickies at the top of the forum will help you to ask more intelligent questions. (No offense)