View Poll Results: What kind of friendship would you have with a homosexual?

Voters
455. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fully tolerant

93 20.44%
  • Indifferent

124 27.25%
  • Tolerant

27 5.93%
  • Socially tolerant

28 6.15%
  • Personally tolerant

27 5.93%
  • Don't ask, don't tell

52 11.43%
  • Faux tolerant

29 6.37%
  • Intolerant

75 16.48%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How much tolerance would you have for a homosexual friend?

Description of choices below. This should be interesting. My prediction is most people would select either choice e or choice g.

a) Fully tolerant. I'd embrace her/his lifestyle and be fully supportive.

b) Indifferent. If that's who s/he is, then that's who s/he is. No need to make a big deal out of it though.

c) Tolerant. It wouldn't necessarily stop me from being friends with her/him, but I'd rather not go there, to be honest.

d) Socially tolerant. I'd hang out with her/him in a social setting (shopping, movies, amusement parks, parties, group dinners, generally hanging out, etc. . .) with mutual friends, but most likely not one-on-one. We could be social acquaintances, but not close friends.

e) Personally tolerant. I'd be friends with her/him, but if I found out s/he had a crush on me, we'd be done. OR I'd be friends with her/him as long as s/he was not a flamer or flambouyant. OR I'd be friends with her/him, but if too many things about her/him proved to be too stereotypical, that could potentially cause problems and/or create distance.

f) Don't ask, don't tell. I'd be friends with a known homosexual, but I would make it known that their choice of lifestyle is not something that I would entertain at all. Basically, in my presence, I would not want her/him to draw any attention to it at all. I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to hear about it. . .at least (if at all) not until I warm up to it (if that ever happens).

g) Faux tolerant. I wouldn't be friends with her/him, but I wouldn't be a douche to her/him either. If s/he asked me what time it was, I'd tell her/him.

h) Intolerant. I would not be friends with her/him.

commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    b no one should say a because that would be just weird and any other answere is just pure judgemental.

octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    (a

as long as they didnt piimb.

Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000)
    What exactly is the difference between a and b

commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) commi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Fidelis View Post
    a you are constantly talking about it supporting him possibly hearing him go on about how hot he thinks some guy is. B you just realize hes gay accept it and if it comes up talk about it breifly but dont drone on about it.

OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) OboePlayaz1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    a is like you're all about that person being gay and you talk to that person about it a lot. . .almost like you're friends with her/him BECAUSE they are gay (who knows, you don't know any gay people and you're so curious about it that you base a friendship off of it).

There are some people like that actually. . .

Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000) Branch Chain Blink is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you trying to tell us something...

Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000) Fidelis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by OboePlayaz1988 View Post
    a is like you're all about that person being gay and you talk to that person about it a lot. . .almost like you're friends with her/him BECAUSE they are gay (who knows, you don't know any gay people and you're so curious about it that you base a friendship off of it).

There are some people like that actually. . .
    Well I voted A, but I don't have any friends just because they're gay. I have, however, supported friends who have been confused about their sexuality... one ended up becoming a tranny (with surgery, hormone therapy, plastic surgery, the whole deal). Of course, when (s)he called me up on Halloween one year it really freaked me out because it was after the trachea scraping, so her/his voice was really feminine... that was just weird.

But I try and be as supportive as I can for all my friends. Most of my gay friends don't have issues though.

Well I voted A, but I don't have any friends just because they're gay. I have, however, supported friends who have been confused about their sexuality... one ended up becoming a tranny (with surgery, hormone therapy, plastic surgery, the whole deal). Of course, when (s)he called me up on Halloween one year it really freaked me out because it was after the trachea scraping, so her/his voice was really feminine... that was just weird.

But I try and be as supportive as I can for all my friends. Most of my gay friends don't have issues though.
    Well that could be A because that is being really supportive

matt1001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt1001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt1001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt1001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt1001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt1001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt1001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt1001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt1001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt1001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) matt1001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i went dont ask dont tell, i dont have any close friends who are gay but one of my close friends (a dude) i recently found out was bi, it hasn't changed anything i just dont wanna talk about anything gay with him which he's cool with, but its kinda different cause we still talk about chicks

Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smile4AWile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd pick B, mostly cause I don't care for the whole talking thing
    Weight training is not just about muscles, it's about character, determination, dedication, control, and knowledge.

CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dude your gay friend(s) will do nothing but help you in the end. In the end they will always put in the good word, help you with women. How the **** you go wrong? One of my goodfriends is gay and the dude has more girl friends then I have ever seen. Its reallly really really good PR.
    BMBC
    In life, there's going to be somethings that make it hard to smile.
    But whatever you do; Through all the rain & the pain; you got to keep your sense of humor;
    you've got to smile for me now Remember that. - Tupac Amaru Shakur

Even though I walk
    through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
    Psalm 23:3-5

v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000)
    i am as tolerant to my queer friends as i am to my normal ones. How they have sex is their preference, I do not care to know how my friends screw, straight or gay. I also am pretty much intolerant of PDA more than holding hands, or a quick kiss. Queers that I have been on good terms with have pissed me off more than once, especially when they do not respect the fact that I prefer to have sex with women, particularly 5'2"-5'6" brunettes with wide hips, and think that just cause I tolerate the flamboyant shenanigans that I am willing to entertain their desire to turn me queer. Just like I won't tolerate people trying to convert me to a different religion.

Sgt_Bob05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sgt_Bob05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sgt_Bob05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sgt_Bob05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sgt_Bob05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sgt_Bob05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sgt_Bob05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sgt_Bob05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sgt_Bob05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sgt_Bob05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sgt_Bob05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am completely tolerant. I know a few gay guys. They know what not to do so everything is cool. Also three of my friends have never been with a girl or kissed a girl so we a pretty sure that atleast one of them is gay. And when they come out of the closet nothing is gonna change.

octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50) octavio tremendo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by commi View Post
    a you are constantly talking about it supporting him possibly hearing him go on about how hot he thinks some guy is. B you just realize hes gay accept it and if it comes up talk about it breifly but dont drone on about it.
    dude F that then I pick B

what what in the butt?

wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50) wimpking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    none, homos are gay.
    -------------------------------
    "Girls, make a line for make-outs! Dudes, make a line for high-fives!"

paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000) paranoidxe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    B, anyone that picked intolerant should go **** themselves. It isn't hurting anyone if a guy likes another guy thats their choice as long as they aren't flaunting it in your face I don't see why anyone would be intolerant to someone with different views/sexual preference in life.
    Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished; If you're alive, it isn't.

Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bear Grylls will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    B. Maybe I could get fashion tips and meet lots of girls.

I don't think I could be friends with a really camp gay guy though. Not because of them being gay of course but I cannot stand the way overly camp guys always sound and act.

BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by matt1001 View Post
    i went dont ask dont tell, i dont have any close friends who are gay but one of my close friends (a dude) i recently found out was bi, it hasn't changed anything i just dont wanna talk about anything gay with him which he's cool with, but its kinda different cause we still talk about chicks
    same exact thing happened to me, its different but were still friends.

I forgot to mention that homosexuals in general are not what the question refers to. It refers to people in your particular social group/clique.

If that doesn't make sense, think of your friends. If one of THOSE people were homosexual, how much tolerance would you have?

Qijofeuih is just really nice. (+1000) Qijofeuih is just really nice. (+1000) Qijofeuih is just really nice. (+1000) Qijofeuih is just really nice. (+1000) Qijofeuih is just really nice. (+1000) Qijofeuih is just really nice. (+1000) Qijofeuih is just really nice. (+1000) Qijofeuih is just really nice. (+1000) Qijofeuih is just really nice. (+1000) Qijofeuih is just really nice. (+1000) Qijofeuih is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wouldn't really mind at all, unless they started hitting on me. Then that would just be annoying.

CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000)
    one of the coolest guys i know is gay...but, he doesnt shout about it and acts like a normal guy. i would never be friends with the stereotypical high pitched voice kinda guy who puts on the huge front just because hes different
    Soon to be updated:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119479461

MUFC supporter actually from Manchester
    rep [and neg] back 500+

Registered User VariantInterval's Avatar
    VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah don't really care if they're gay or not
    Yellow Fever Crew
    Over Analyzation Crew
    Thick & Chubby Chick Appreciation Crew
    Dubstep Crew
    Sriracha Crew

metaphorically will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaphorically will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaphorically will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaphorically will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaphorically will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaphorically will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaphorically will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaphorically will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaphorically will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaphorically will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaphorically will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    between b and c for me. i dont have any gay friends though so i wouldnt know what i would act like for sure
    Australian/German

Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lieb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    doesnt matter to me, as long as they arent flaming out of control.

gay guys can be great wingmen too.

BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BAMF11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i have a gay friend that since he is gay girls love him. he is always chillin with atleast 3-5 fine bitches. he just calls me up and then its just me and a gay kid and 5 hot girls.

MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i have several gay and lesbian friends. about half of them are the stereotypical gay or lesbian you see on tv. i am completely not interested in dick and they know this and we all get along. i still say "thats so gay" around them. i dont change how i act and everything is cool.

i only had one problem when my friend adam drank too much. it was like handling a blacked-out drunk chick. he was making come ons, acting like an idiot, was gonna drive home. refused to give me his keys. tried running from me and my gf at the time. i literally picked him up over my shoulder and carried him to my car to drive him home. he kept grabbign at my ass. needless to say the next day he called to apologize profusely.
    Meathead #26

"We're out numbered and out manned, but we're going to win. Why? Because of superior attitude and superior state of mind." -Stephen Segal

anonymous

Inconspicuous female. JennaClaire's Avatar
    JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000) JennaClaire is just really nice. (+1000)
    My best guy friend is gay. It doesn't change my opinion of him at all. I've been hit on by other girls. They weren't exactly a friend, but I didn't really care. I've flirted with a few even just for the hell of it. No harm done.
    "Impatience never commanded success."

Curtiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtiz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curtiz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dis + owned