Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Seeking my inner Amazon NotTooLate's Avatar
    NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000) NotTooLate is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nothing but I did get a new hardcore backpack to take my stuff to work in and I think that counts as exercise 'cause I have to haul a lot of gear around LOL

My favorite gift though was some expensive perfume from my son. I raised that boy right!
    Bodybuilding: striving to defeat your own demons and overcome self imposed limitations.

Martial arts: the ideal rhythm of a movement is manifested as powerful grace.

Sang H. Kim Ph. D.

Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yates' Blood & Guts!

BTW, anyone get/hear of this book:

The Action Hero Body: The Complete Workout Secrets from Hollywood's Top Trainer

by Jorgen De May

I'd like to buy it for myself and wonder if it's worth it (any reviews?). I'd appreciate any feedback before I potentially waste my money!

Bob

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I bought myself a lifting skull cap today at Walmart. Thats right, Im going with the beanie this year.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

Do it or don't do it... tomdana's Avatar
    tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomdana is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    An exercise bike to get some exercise while out with my hand injury as the elliptical requires two hands for me and the jarring of the treadmill hurts the hand. Some new workout clothes- shirts extra large this year, large last year. Gift certificates to Gym Outfitters. Best gift was time with my kids and wife. Fuel for recovery!!
    Do it or Don't do it, There is no try

fvogel67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fvogel67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fvogel67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fvogel67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fvogel67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fvogel67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fvogel67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fvogel67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fvogel67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fvogel67 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fvogel67 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

A new blender
    77 Years of Steelers Football.Six time Superbowl Champions.Seven time Conference Champions.Eighteen Division Championships.21 Members in Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by crupiea View Post
    I bought myself a lifting skull cap today at Walmart. Thats right, Im going with the beanie this year.
    Doesn't your head get too hot wearing something like that?

dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bought myself the 'Pefect Pushup' things at Wal-mart, my wife wrapped them with my daughter so she could give them to me.

Darren
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe
    http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki

I'm back, visit my new journal! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=455993991

67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000)
    I got a 3 ton floor jack
    I'm going to take the Sc0liosis curve out of my back and eliminate my nerve pain

damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    This
    I got my youngest son compression shorts w/cup (all MMA related stuff).
    ha! when i was in like 8th grade my uncle who is actually only 4 years older than me bought me a shock doctor jock& cup out of the blue beause he basically didn't know what else to get a jock like me. at the time i said "damn, a jock....thanks?" but its been one of the most useful gifts i ever got- he bought an adult medium, i wear it to this day!!

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dartol View Post
    Bought myself the 'Pefect Pushup' things at Wal-mart, my wife wrapped them with my daughter so she could give them to me.
    Have you tried them out yet? I love mine.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    x2. Highly recommended. You can really feel the motion deep in the shoulder/pec connection. These are SOP for Chest Day for me.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Darren
    Originally Posted by BuckSpin View Post
    x2. Highly recommended. You can really feel the motion deep in the shoulder/pec connection. These are SOP for Chest Day for me.
    Interesting. I've always looked at those as an exercise "gimmick"; one of those things that promises a lot and delivers very little. I've got to re-evaluate that now, and maybe find a way to try a set of those sometime.

One more reason I like this forum.

dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000)
    +
    Originally Posted by BuckSpin View Post
    +
    Originally Posted by BergMuscle View Post
    Interesting. I've always looked at those as an exercise "gimmick"; one of those things that promises a lot and delivers very little. I've got to re-evaluate that now, and maybe find a way to try a set of those sometime.

Yep! I have read a lot of good things about them, particularly related to shoulder injuries. I have had problems with my internal rotator since last April, and was not able to bench or do pushups at all until September when I got the cortisone shot. It is finally coming back, but I thought these might help.

I immediately felt a difference with these due to the rotation... I feel no pain in my rotator AT ALL with these. It is actually a little harder than a standard pushup, I guess because you have to stabilize the rotation, and also you can go a little deeper. I can do a few less with these in my initial trial than I do with regular pushups. Maybe I was just getting used to them though.

My wrists are not quite flexible enough, so they feel a bit strained after regular pushups... but not with these since your wrists are not bent 90 degrees.

I'll give them a thumbs up! Not a bad little device for $20, particularly if you are trying to work around a shoulder injury.

Darren
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

I'm back, visit my new journal! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=455993991

Originally Posted by 67fastback View Post
    I got a 3 ton floor jack
    Sweet! How is the Mustang coming? I am off work this week, wife is at work, and the kiddo is in daycare. I am planning on doing some welding on mine!

Darren

StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I thought the same thing when I saw them. I'm used to doing lots of pushups so when my trainer first brought some in I was very skeptical. Perfect pushups are freaking hard! (I'm doing a twist as I go up/down.)
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    Well, this year I received the following lifting oriented gifts.

Adjustable Incline (to slight decline) Bench. (really excited to get this one)

Two sets of lifting gloves (as some know I hate lifting gloves)

Two ten pound olympic plates

I had asked for some lifting straps and for some reason both my wife and sister-in-law ended up giving me gloves? I may keep the one pair though (even though I hate gloves) because they have a wrist brace built into the glove. I recently started doing my wide and narrow benches with a conventional grip (always used a false grip) which is much harder on my tight wrists. The wrist brace on the one pair just might be worth it for benching? I may run out this afternoon (we are closed today) and exchange the other pair for some straps.

I'm excited to use the incline bench today! Can finally do some incline presses and so much more, can even use it for sit-ups...... oh baby, I'm living in the fast lane now...........

My Mother-In-Law gave me the 2 plates, and that was very sweet of her, shows she was trying to think of something. And it really bets the usual gifts she's given me through the years....... most of which get put into a closet as soon as we get home and I never see again.

So what did you all get?

The best gift I received over all was my wife framed up a memorial to my Dad, she did it right under my nose at the Gallery.... lol, it includes the styro-foam cup that I used for the water to Baptise my Dad just a few days before he passed away. This one brought more than one tear to my eyes.

Second best gift, a copy of the 'Geneva Bible' 1560 version in the original language. (I have a copy of the 1599 version but it's been updated to modern language) It's just incredible and I've been wanting one for years. Way, way cool!!
    i bought myself 4 pairs of better bodies cherry hill jazz pants (basically really tight pants with striping to accentuate the female form.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000) biochick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i had just bought protein for myself the week before, so my husband got me a bb.com tank top.
    Because somewhere out there, a girl is warming up with your max.

If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.

No, I will not post/send you nudes. No, you may not PIITB, PIITV or PIITM. Find someone else to sexually harass.

Moondog987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moondog987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moondog987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moondog987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moondog987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moondog987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moondog987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moondog987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moondog987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moondog987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moondog987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LyingSac View Post
    I got a scrotum retainer....for those heavy, heavy,lifts.....i was just tired of looking for my balls everytime i give an exercise that ole steriod jerk!.......Merry Christmas to all

ROFL
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

It's not how hard you can hit, it's how hard can you get hit and keep moving forward.

LIVESTRONG

Cancer Survivor 2007

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll give them a thumbs up! Not a bad little device for $20, particularly if you are trying to work around a shoulder injury.
    I saw those "Perfect Pushup" things today at both Sears and GNC and they wanted $40 for 'em! Yesterday I spotted a similar product (same thing, different name) at Menard's (yes, Menard's) for $20. I'm not in the market for any more gear, but it did remind me of how important it is to shop around.

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by dungeonmistress View Post
    i bought myself 4 pairs of better bodies cherry hill jazz pants (basically really tight pants with striping to accentuate the female form.
    It's all a lie without a spoon pic...........
    Was friends with Methuselah

I saw those "Perfect Pushup" things today at both Sears and GNC and they wanted $40 for 'em! Yesterday I spotted a similar product (same thing, different name) at Menard's (yes, Menard's) for $20. I'm not in the market for any more gear, but it did remind me of how important it is to shop around.
    Actually I just remembered that my trainer had me use a pair of Perfect Pushups but I ended up buying the Pushup Pro handles. They're $17.50 on Amazon right now.

67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sweet! How is the Mustang coming? I am off work this week, wife is at work, and the kiddo is in daycare. I am planning on doing some welding on mine!

Darren
    Actually on hold for the holidays, plus I had a cold. I think the weather should break in a few more weeks
    I'm going to take the Sc0liosis curve out of my back and eliminate my nerve pain

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    It's all a lie without a spoon pic...........
    lol
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

harleygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) harleygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) harleygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) harleygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) harleygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) harleygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) harleygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) harleygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) harleygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) harleygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) harleygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    A few pairs of gym shorts made by rebok, and a food scale.
    That's great! Now you can throw out those "stained" shorts that scare us all to death!

Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I got some wrist straps.

The gloves that have straps aren't working that well now I can't take Animal Flex anymore - gotta take care of my little wristies - smallest measurement on my body (well, not technically, but you get it).
    I'm Buddha-sized and full of wisdom... and fat.
    ~
    Proud member of "Thick Chicks"
    ~
    Status: Wrist back in action - starting weights again tomorrow morning (light - don't want to re-injure!). On an IBS-friendly diet which is resulting in less sick days, and weight dropping (fricken YAY!)

Wow, I got mine at Wal-mart for $20! And that is the real brand ones...
    Looks they have gone up a little though, now $30.
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=8246059

They have a travel version for $60 too, it comes apart.

Darren