97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New guy looking for advice.

Hey everyone, I just finally moved out of the parents house and now that there is a gym at my disposal, I will be able to actually work out. I'm 21, 6' and weigh 165. I'm not really "fat" in my arms or legs, however my stomach is a different story. I don't really car what I weigh, but I just want to be "ripped" or loose the belly by summer time. Below is a picture of what I have to work with. I can't do a crazy "diet" like eating turkey every 2 hours or something like that because of my work. I want to increase the size of my biceps to a decent amount and to fit back into a size medium shirt with out having to suck in the gut.

Brenton

brb try'n teh cell-tech 69xchange's Avatar
    69xchange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69xchange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69xchange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69xchange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69xchange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69xchange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69xchange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69xchange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69xchange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69xchange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69xchange is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    why are you in the teen section?/
    I owe:

Owes me:

97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97aztecgt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry about that and mods/admins can delete the other thread, I didn't mean to make 2.

I was unsure where to put the thread, noob error. lol

Brenton

I'm looking into doing a daily routine, a Monday - Friday thing. I'd also like to take some type of supplement to 'ehnahce/speed up' the process. Will the machines that are in the picture above, what kind of work out program should I look into?

Brenton

mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Search Rippetoe's routine (for starters)
    Current Stack: ON HydroWhey, ON Creatine Mono, ON Amino Chews

> 99% of supplements are a scam.

BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000) BaGeL23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ohhhkay.
    If you want to lose the gut, for starters you will have to change your diet. Not drastically. Just stop eating junk food, and stop drinking beer. Do cardio for about 20 minutes a day everyday (Monday-Friday). Do at least 2 types of cardio a week (stairmaster, bike, treadmill, etc). Keep this up for about a month, while doing some basic exercises. You should probably be doing a 5 day split. So something like this:
    Monday: Arms (Biceps/Triceps)
    Tuesday: Legs
    Wednesday: Chest
    Thursday: Shoulders/Traps
    Friday: Back
    You can easily obtain information on each area and find excersises to meet your needs. All you'll need to do is spend about an hour in the gym a day, probably less. 20 minutes cardio, followed by about 20 minutes of whatever body group you're working out on that day.

Note: There's probably something immensely wrong with the routine I posted, it was just quick, and there's usually something stupid I forget.
    BB.com OG
    2k+
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173319421

bmsimon will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmsimon will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmsimon will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmsimon will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmsimon will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmsimon will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmsimon will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmsimon will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmsimon will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmsimon will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmsimon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mrk23 View Post
    Search Rippetoe's routine (for starters)
    this. i have personally never tried ripptoes myself, but i hear that it is really good. when i started, i just did a full body workout 3 days a week. but if you have a bit of a belly, it might be best to lose that first, because one of the easiest ways to stay motivated is by seeing results. and if you have a decent amount of fat, then it will take longer to start seeing any improvement at first. but if you want to start lifting right away, then make sure you eat a lot and have a high protein intake (about 1 gram per pound of bodyweight)