-MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Possible Torn ACL

This past Friday in the state game for our football team one of my own players hit the side of my knee with the front of his at full speed. The team doctor looked at it, and I've had it x-rayed. The doctor thinks it is a tear, he is just unsure of the degree of how bad it is torn. He told me if it is just a minor tear I could be back to running and playing football in two months, while if it is a full tear it could take six+ to get me back into shape. The strangest thing about this is there is very little to no pain in my knee as long as I'm still. I was thinking if it is a full tear I would be in tears most of the day. For those of you who have done something similar, what did it feel like, and how long did it take for you to recover?
    Success comes before work....only in the dictionary.

gta95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gta95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gta95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gta95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gta95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gta95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gta95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gta95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gta95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gta95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gta95 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Take a swing by the doctors office and get it checked out. If its torn you gotta get your recovery going if you want to play
    **New Jersey Crew 609**
    -Night Miscers Crew-
    Philly Sports fan
    Arsenal FC

Nas = G.O.A.T.

paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if the injury was painful, adn you dropped to ground holding your knee, its likely ACL injury, partial or full. I don't think either of them will hurt long after the first day. In the case of full tear, you may not know, until you try to run and cut. In the case of partial, the knee will work fine, but it will be weaker, and more vulnerable to a full tear

Vancity_bc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DO not rush it at all! ACL tear is not a joke! I tore my ACL and 2 minisucus also playing football!

When it happened I just had a really bad pain for 4-5 minutes and then I was up walking ( I had pain but wasn't killing me )
    2 days later I thought I was fine so I decide to kick a soccer ball around and as I was doing so my knee just gave out! I went down and didnt get up for 45 minutes! I was just in an extreme pain!

I got a MRI and the orthopedic surgeon decided that I needed a surgery! So I got it done but rushed back to getting active 3 months after the surgery and didnt really took my Physiotherapy serious and here I am a year and half later with a messed up knee!

Whatever you do dont rush it! Its not worth!

ODULineman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have had torn my MCL and ACL three times. Each one being only slightly torn. If you have strong quad muscles you should be able to do everything you were able to do before the injury. I wore a slip on knee brace when i hurt my knee during two-a-days my senior year in high school and i sat out a week than was able to play the whole season without having any pain or problems. I just had surgery to fix my ACL and i should be able to go back to running in about two weeks. For you the best thing you can do is to set up having an MRI than see where that takes you. Everyone doesn't always need surgery, i didn't until now after hurting my knee three times. So just take some time and let your body recover and i hope everything works out good for you.
    Ohio Dominican University Football

Follow Your Destiny

laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000) laxer32 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah I immediately dropped to the ground with a full ACL tear. I got help over to the sidelines, had a evaluation by the trainer, and had ice and compression on it with in 5 min of being over there. **** didn't swell and I gimped back to the car (away game) about 400 yards away, so it wasn't that painful. I was walking around a few days later fine but it gave out on me a few times before I go surgery.

And after you get surgery it will take you about 8-12 months to get back to 100% for sports. But defnitely go see an orthopedist asap.
    snapchat: weavv

MuthaPhuckin Jones! IceColdJones's Avatar
    IceColdJones has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceColdJones has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceColdJones has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceColdJones has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceColdJones has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceColdJones has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceColdJones has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceColdJones has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceColdJones has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceColdJones has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IceColdJones has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I tore my ACL in March of this year and had surgery the last week of that month. When I completely tore it, I fell to the ground and it hurt for like 15 mins but then it didn't hurt. I walked on it without any pain until I had surgery 2 weeks later. You don't need an ACL, they gave me the option to just not have surgery, which I would never run or cut again, or to have a cadaver ACL put in. I chose the surgery because I had another year of college basketball left. Rehab in the summer went well but I tried to play at the beginning of this season and it just wasn't working, and it gave out on me twice in a week. It felt kind of like a shift and I fell to the ground both times. Its been almost 9 months since surgery and I'm still not 100% and haven't played or practiced this season. My friend on the football team tore his last year and was back after 4 months from surgery. He played this whole football season 100%. So everyone is different, I just suggest getting the surgery ASAP if you want to play again and start rehabing hard early. My heart isn't in basketball anymore so I decided not to play this year so I have no chance of going through that surgery again. Still got this year of school paid for!!!!
    "My picture should be in the dictionary next to the definition of definition!" ~ Lil Wayne

sergior_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tore my ACL and medial meniscus playing summer baseball about a year ago.I was on the floor for a while and couldn't walk for the rest of the day but felt fine the next day so I decided not to get it checked. I didn't go to the doctor until 2 months and about 3 injuries later. I was out for 6+ months and it ruined my senior season so don't wait!! Get it checked as soon as possible!!!!!!!!

-MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -MF- is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Got the MRI looked at today. Turns out it is a full ACL tear with a probable meniscus tear. The doctor said I will need surgery and it will probably be about 6 months before I can get back into sports.

BROtatoes and BROminos qualitywah's Avatar
    qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000) qualitywah is just really nice. (+1000)
    yea brah i just made a thread like this in october. it turned out to be full tear and meniscus tear. had my surgery on the 28th of oct. recovery is a bitch. be prepared to lose almost all muscle in your leg. lol i lost 5.5" off my quads. i got a cadaver tendon. from what ive heard recovery is a lot faster and less painful. id suggest getting your surgery as soon as possible. its been nearly 2 months for me and i can do body weight squats. went from squating 405 to body weight. lulz. w/e ill get it back im young. it will be 6-9 months brah if you dont want to reinjure your knee again. months 3-6 are the most crucial b/c youl start to feel good and start playing sports and could possibly tear your knee again. do exactly as your docter tells you. the good thing is that the week of my surgery i took a week off and went to the gym the next week to start working upper body again. i took it easy and was using cables and stuff. then as i gradually got my strength back started going back to my regular routine. chicken legs ftw!

i wanted to get my surgery as quick as possible so i could start my recovery faster. i think it was 2 weeks after the incident to the date of surgery. what kind of tendon are you planning to use?
    Last edited by qualitywah; 12-23-2008 at 03:29 PM.

I'm not really sure what kind of tendon we're going to use; since this is around the Holidays, the doctor wanted to wait until after New Years for the surgery so my family and I could discuss it. I really hope this is all better in a couple months because it is my senior year and I definitely do not want to miss out on football with all the colleges looking and whatnot.

Registered User constructiongus's Avatar
    constructiongus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just get to the doc, and make sure to not damage or injure it any further.

donviper23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the hamstring reconstruction in December 2002. I lifted for 2.5-3 months prior to the surgery to beef up my hamstring; I couldn't move my leg for a week and was playing soccer (with a full brace) in about 6 months and dropped the brace after about a year. The worst part was the PT post op, I had range of motion problems. I have also heard that going with a cadaver is a lot easier and quicker recovery. Good luck with your surgery bro
    "Being strong to be useful"

- Georges H?bert

sergior_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah go with the cadaver tendon. A lot less pain and a lot less scarring.

donviper23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sergior_17 View Post
    Yeah go with the cadaver tendon. A lot less pain and a lot less scarring.

^^^ I would probably go with this if I did it over
    "Being strong to be useful"

- Georges H?bert