Page 166 of 280 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 266 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,980 of 8390
    Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by muttytwist View Post
    The hardest part of quiting ( for me at least) was admitting that I can't have even one drink. That 1 always let to to many and put me back at the begining. Keep trying and you will get there brother.
    I consider for me to drink considering my history is temporary insanity. Btw my dreams seem to be getting better since I prayed over that and thanks for the input/support.
    If you are suffering from serious medical concerns please be sure to check with your doctor.

My name is Mark.

YearSeven is on a distinguished road. (+10) YearSeven is on a distinguished road. (+10) YearSeven is on a distinguished road. (+10) YearSeven is on a distinguished road. (+10) YearSeven is on a distinguished road. (+10) YearSeven is on a distinguished road. (+10) YearSeven is on a distinguished road. (+10) YearSeven is on a distinguished road. (+10) YearSeven is on a distinguished road. (+10) YearSeven is on a distinguished road. (+10) YearSeven is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm "new" to the forums. I put that in quotes because three years ago I was a regular poster here under a different name (exhibita). As of four days ago, I am 4 months sober.

I am glad I saw this thread. It really helps with my motivation to regain my old new self
    Courage is being afraid of the horse, but still getting in the saddle every day anyways.

Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by YearSeven View Post
    I'm "new" to the forums. I put that in quotes because three years ago I was a regular poster here under a different name (exhibita). As of four days ago, I am 4 months sober.

I am glad I saw this thread. It really helps with my motivation to regain my old new self
    Congrats.
    Keep up the good work.
    Small Timid Boy
    ***Canadian Crew***
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***

muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Forge3 View Post
    I consider for me to drink considering my history is temporary insanity. Btw my dreams seem to be getting better since I prayed over that and thanks for the input/support.
    Always happy to help. If this were easy we wouldn't have support threads like this.
    "It really is as simple as Eat, Lift, Sleep, Repeat". Buckspin

Matt

AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just spent an hour or so browsing this thread. I find it very informative and inspirational. My drinking has never got as bad as many in this thread and I do think I am capable of stopping. I drank often (daily), but rarely got hammered or blacked out. I never bought liquor though because that would creep up on me and lead me to hangovers. During this past January I started drinking more and was getting hangovers every day. I decided Superbowl would be a good stopping point and so far, so good. This weekend I was capable of drinking like a gentlemen.

I read the AA Big Book over the last month and it had a ton of good info. Are there any other books like this you could link me to or recommend? Any inspirational websites? I've started checking this site in the morning to try and get my mind set on the day ahead http://odb.org/. Sometimes the message doesn't really hit me, but every couple of days it seems like there is something that was written directly for me.

I have a big problem with resentment, which I think lead me to drinking more than I should. Recently at work they started a new division and a position within it would have been a promotion and great for my career. I was passed up for one of the positions. Within the last month I met and have started working with the group and they are utterly clueless and many less qualified than me. They're getting paid more than me, doing less work, contributing very little to the organization, and I am even having to train some of them. It made me bitter and filled me with a great amount of resentment towards these people, who I didn't even know; my boss, who I don't even know how much input she had on the selection; and the organization as a whole, who is just poorly run and broken. Coincidentally, this was around the time I started drinking way more than I should on a daily basis.

I am having a hard time getting over this resentment. I feel like I deserved it and I had busted my ass for years to make my bosses look good only to have been passed over. I know I just need to let it go and move on. The Almighty has a plan for me and this was not part of the plan.

Anyways, I'm very open to any suggestions for further reading in regards to trusting a higher power, not sweating the small stuff, and things of that nature. I have found it therapeutic to ask the Lord for help and faith throughout the day. Although I have always believed in God, this is not something I have done prior to this month.

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    February 15, 2012
    An awakening of the spirit
    Page 47

"The last thing we expected was an awakening of the spirit."

Basic Text, p. 49

Few of us came to our first Narcotics Anonymous meeting aching to take a personal inventory or believing that a spiritual void existed in our souls. We had no inkling that we were about to embark on a journey which would awaken our sleeping spirits.

Like a loud alarm clock, the First Step brings us to semi-consciousness-although at this point, we may not be sure whether we want to climb out of bed or maybe sleep for just five more minutes. The gentle hand shaking our shoulders as we apply the Second and Third Steps causes us to stand up, stretch, and yawn. We need to wipe the sleep from our eyes to write the Fourth Step and share our Fifth. But as we work the Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, and Ninth Steps, we begin noticing a spring in our step and the start of a smile on our lips. Our spirits sing in the shower as we take the Tenth and Eleventh Steps. And then we practice the Twelfth, leaving the house in search of others to awaken.

We don't have to spend the rest of our lives in a spiritual coma. We may not like to get up in the morning but, once out of bed, we're almost always glad we did.

Just for Today: To awaken my sleepy spirit, I will use the Twelve Steps
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AlphaDog3 View Post
    I just spent an hour or so browsing this thread. I find it very informative and inspirational. My drinking has never got as bad as many in this thread and I do think I am capable of stopping. I drank often (daily), but rarely got hammered or blacked out. I never bought liquor though because that would creep up on me and lead me to hangovers. During this past January I started drinking more and was getting hangovers every day. I decided Superbowl would be a good stopping point and so far, so good. This weekend I was capable of drinking like a gentlemen.

I read the AA Big Book over the last month and it had a ton of good info. Are there any other books like this you could link me to or recommend? Any inspirational websites? I've started checking this site in the morning to try and get my mind set on the day ahead http://odb.org/. Sometimes the message doesn't really hit me, but every couple of days it seems like there is something that was written directly for me.

I have a big problem with resentment, which I think lead me to drinking more than I should. Recently at work they started a new division and a position within it would have been a promotion and great for my career. I was passed up for one of the positions. Within the last month I met and have started working with the group and they are utterly clueless and many less qualified than me. They're getting paid more than me, doing less work, contributing very little to the organization, and I am even having to train some of them. It made me bitter and filled me with a great amount of resentment towards these people, who I didn't even know; my boss, who I don't even know how much input she had on the selection; and the organization as a whole, who is just poorly run and broken. Coincidentally, this was around the time I started drinking way more than I should on a daily basis.

I am having a hard time getting over this resentment. I feel like I deserved it and I had busted my ass for years to make my bosses look good only to have been passed over. I know I just need to let it go and move on. The Almighty has a plan for me and this was not part of the plan.

Anyways, I'm very open to any suggestions for further reading in regards to trusting a higher power, not sweating the small stuff, and things of that nature. I have found it therapeutic to ask the Lord for help and faith throughout the day. Although I have always believed in God, this is not something I have done prior to this month.
    I read this every AM and find it helpful. http://www.daily-reflections.com/
    "There is a crack in everything.
    That's how the light gets in.” LC

**Misc Cologne Crew**

Progress. Not perfection.

VIRESCIT VULNERE VIRTUS "Courage Grows Strong At the Wound"

BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The hardest part of quiting ( for me at least) was admitting that I can't have even one drink. That 1 always let to to many and put me back at the begining. Keep trying and you will get there brother.
    Very wise words my friend.Addiction is a very slippery slope.

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    3 years this month. Life is good
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by pharmamarketer View Post
    Congrats!
    "It really is as simple as Eat, Lift, Sleep, Repeat". Buckspin

Matt

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats my friend.
    And to many many more.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats dude !

AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaDog3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    That is were I am different. Sometimes I can have a few, but other times I have too many. Earlier this week I had 3 pints, didn't feel the need for anymore, and woke up feeling fine. Last night I had too much and don't feel so good today (hangover), but I have no desire to drink anymore today.

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks gents

Congrats!
    Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    Congrats my friend.
    And to many many more.
    Originally Posted by NoSlak View Post
    Congrats dude !
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's gonna keep getting better pm! Congrats

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    way to go pharmamarketer!

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great!

supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Huge Milestone CONGRATS, me on the otherhand havent made a meeting in 2 weeks now but i will go Thurs morning, Friday nite and Sat nite this week, and will start making regular meetings again next week or ill never get my 5 yr coin. I know all to well what happens when you stop making meetings. I want that coin and many many more. I was at my first meeting in 1986 was the relapse man for 20 yrs. Life is good today and keeps getting better. Without AA im not coaching my boys in baseball, football or basketball,not tucking my little 6 yr old bossy princess in at nite id have no wife and without her i dont know what id do. Ill get back on the meeting wagon starting Thursday morning...Good luck everyone . Rome wasnt built in a day, hence one day at a time
    Some People are nothing more than a skid-mark on the toilet bowl of life, never let them bring you down the drain with them
    Currently ranked 6th Total @Powerliftingwatch.com Masters rankings @220 Raw
    # 36 Mens 1565 RAW TOTAL
    UPA NAtionals Winner 4-17-2011

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid

Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have not posted in here for awhile. I plan on posting something every day just for the good it can do. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday...the beginning of lent. This is the journey into the wilderness and simplicity. My goal is to abstain of course but also get someone who is a pro to talk to. I have been proactive in reminding my doctor twice so far for a referral but he seems to forget.
    If you are suffering from serious medical concerns please be sure to check with your doctor.

My name is Mark.

Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Forge3 View Post
    I have not posted in here for awhile. I plan on posting something every day just for the good it can do. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday...the beginning of lent. This is the journey into the wilderness and simplicity. My goal is to abstain of course but also get someone who is a pro to talk to. I have been proactive in reminding my doctor twice so far for a referral but he seems to forget.
    Keep after your Dr.
    It's always good to have a pro to speak to.
    Small Timid Boy
    ***Canadian Crew***
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***

Originally Posted by Slider59 View Post
    Keep after your Dr.
    It's always good to have a pro to speak to.
    Calling him again today. Even with a referral it can take weeks.

My name is Mark.

Cerebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cerebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cerebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cerebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cerebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cerebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cerebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cerebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cerebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cerebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cerebrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Damn Congrats on the progress everyone is making. Inspiring to see a thread like this. Just recently quit smoking and trying my hardest to quit for good. Keep up the great work everyone!!

BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BackwoodsGa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hope everyone is having a safe and sober weekend.Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    have a safe and sober Sunday everyone!

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Weds night I told my wife at bed time about how good of a mood I had been in the last few days and that I knew the swing was coming. Yesterday it hit me like a brick to the face.

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JRT6 View Post
    Weds night I told my wife at bed time about how good of a mood I had been in the last few days and that I knew the swing was coming. Yesterday it hit me like a brick to the face.
    Stay strong man. Stay strong.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Staying sober, fully focused on diet and exercise for overall health purposes. I been a cross addict for almost 15 years, no drug of choice really, I'd do any drug on the table and pretty much have done every one that didn't involve a needle. And finally accepted I cannot drink socially, or just have a few, I drink everything in the house when I do. Recently I started focusing on my weaknesses including patience and self-control. I have been practicing patience with success and I feel like I am finally in control so refuse to spiral out of control again.

This week I was tested. Some of you may have heard the news story bout the missing firefighter from FL now found dead. He was a friend and someone I knew since grade 6. He was killed over a drug dispute gone bad which made the news headlines for a bit.

Still though I didn't give in and won't no matter what I am slammed with, or so I hope and believe I will not anyhow.

Congrats to those of you who've hit milestones and are staying sober, very motivating and inspirational stuff here!
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

Being sober is truly the greatest feeling there is.21 years of sobriety,and its awesome.have a great weekend everyone.

Originally Posted by BackwoodsGa View Post
    Being sober is truly the greatest feeling there is.21 years of sobriety,and its awesome.have a great weekend everyone.
    Congrats on 21 years sober. That is fantastic

BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Staying sober, fully focused on diet and exercise for overall health purposes. I been a cross addict for almost 15 years, no drug of choice really, I'd do any drug on the table and pretty much have done every one that didn't involve a needle. And finally accepted I cannot drink socially, or just have a few, I drink everything in the house when I do. Recently I started focusing on my weaknesses including patience and self-control. I have been practicing patience with success and I feel like I am finally in control so refuse to spiral out of control again.

This week I was tested. Some of you may have heard the news story bout the missing firefighter from FL now found dead. He was a friend and someone I knew since grade 6. He was killed over a drug dispute gone bad which made the news headlines for a bit.

Still though I didn't give in and won't no matter what I am slammed with, or so I hope and believe I will not anyhow.

Congrats to those of you who've hit milestones and are staying sober, very motivating and inspirational stuff here!
    Accepting that, "I cannot drink socially, or just have a few, I drink everything in the house when I do.", is where you have identified a problem. You have admitted that you are powerless over alcohol. This is the most important part, I believe, in recovery. I would recommend that you look into Alcoholics Anonymous. What you have written above could have come out of the big book of AA or straight from a meeting-specifically step 1 of the 12 steps. When you say that you are "focusing on my weaknesses including patience and self-control" you are actually working on a moral inventory of yourself and your character defects. That is step 4. AA focuses on the 12 steps and how to live now that you are sober. How to live happy, joyous, and free. Do a search on the 9th step promises and see if they sound appealing to you. If so check out an AA meeting-you may have to try a few until you find a group you like.

Some good advice I have heard about moods/difficult situations like yours is, go to bed sober tonight and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

Best regards
    "There is a crack in everything.
    That's how the light gets in.” LC

**Misc Cologne Crew**

Progress. Not perfection.

VIRESCIT VULNERE VIRTUS "Courage Grows Strong At the Wound"

Page 166 of 280 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 266 ... LastLast