Page 203 of 280 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,090 of 8390
    archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BackwoodsGa View Post
    Hello all.Just discovered my friend of 30 years died due to alcoholism. He had quit drinking but relapsed. Stay strong everyone.
    I am truly sorry to hear that. Alcohol is a f***ing killer.
    "Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense" -- Winston Churchill

stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stevie88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    8 months sober yesterday....
    ITS TIME TO GROW.....

Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Congrats to everyone.
    One day at a time.
    Small Timid Boy
    ***Canadian Crew***
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***

Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    20 months sober today. Good luck to all of you brothers by sobriety and God bless you.
    >> I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing. ~ ษric Daniel Pierre Cantona <<

blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just wanted to say good luck to everyone in the thread, I've been lurking for awhile. I gave up drinking more than 16 months ago and am still working on the reasons why I chose to drink in the first place. I have a constant feeling of emptiness inside, not sure if it's the loss of my friend alcohol or what caused me to drink in the first place. Long before I began drinking, I self medicated with food. I've been obese since the 7th grade so I'm thinking there is something that drove that behavior and emptiness inside. I've been journaling alot lately trying to remember things from my childhood looking for signs but have had no luck. Does anyone have any tips of figuring out repressed feelings?
    April 2012 318.0lbs
    April 2013 253.8lbs

Feb 1st 2014 227.5lbs
    Overall Goal is 200LBS: 180LBM/20LBS Fat

leg drive is a myth KennyWheels's Avatar
    KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by blownsi View Post
    Just wanted to say good luck to everyone in the thread, I've been lurking for awhile. I gave up drinking more than 16 months ago and am still working on the reasons why I chose to drink in the first place. I have a constant feeling of emptiness inside, not sure if it's the loss of my friend alcohol or what caused me to drink in the first place. Long before I began drinking, I self medicated with food. I've been obese since the 7th grade so I'm thinking there is something that drove that behavior and emptiness inside. I've been journaling alot lately trying to remember things from my childhood looking for signs but have had no luck. Does anyone have any tips of figuring out repressed feelings?
    yea i do

find someone to take you threw the 12 steps, pronto, and stop trying to analyze everything, Keep it simple brah
    current gym pr: 410
    competition pr: 350

Leg Drive is A Myth

archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50) archerman636 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Honestly, the best thing I've ever done in my life besides deciding to quit drugs and booze was to find a good therapist. I heard once during early recovery that every alcoholic and addict gets that way because they are trying hide from something. I drank and did drugs for so long I forgot what that something was. But by then I was hooked with no way out but down.

Slowly I'm getting my mojo back. There is no way, however, that I cab remain clean and sober through 12 step programs or abstinence alone. I need the psychiatric help and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I sincerely recommend you seek out a therapist qualified in addictions as well as behavioral health. It will make a world of difference.

Stay strong.
    "Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense" -- Winston Churchill

blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10) blownsi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by archerman636 View Post
    Honestly, the best thing I've ever done in my life besides deciding to quit drugs and booze was to find a good therapist. I heard once during early recovery that every alcoholic and addict gets that way because they are trying hide from something. I drank and did drugs for so long I forgot what that something was. But by then I was hooked with no way out but down.

Slowly I'm getting my mojo back. There is no way, however, that I cab remain clean and sober through 12 step programs or abstinence alone. I need the psychiatric help and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I sincerely recommend you seek out a therapist qualified in addictions as well as behavioral health. It will make a world of difference.

Stay strong.
    I actually have a therapist. She is the one who got me started on the idea that my problem is not just alcohol. Alcohol is one of the symptoms of another thing. She has asked me to journal as a means to open self communication. I have basically traced it down to something that happened right as I was entering junior high but I just can't seem to figure out what it was. I will talk to her about this on my next visit.
    April 2012 318.0lbs
    April 2013 253.8lbs

Feb 1st 2014 227.5lbs
    Overall Goal is 200LBS: 180LBM/20LBS Fat

SpartanWarriorDescendant Greek_Elite's Avatar
    Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm teaching 3 classes at community college here, 30-35 students per class.. can't wait to see how many kids drop my class after the 1st day when i tell them I'm a D&A counselor lulz and then how many come in stoned for the weeks after

Originally Posted by og82829 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm only 27 so I don't mean to intrude on your conversation, but I was just wondering at what point in your lives that you decided that it was time for change and to stop drinking and try to become sober? Was it around the 30 something age, later or younger? and why?
    one of my favorite speakers I saw got into the rooms at 12 or 13 y/o iirc, there's no age limit to get sober

I'm not in recovery myself, but I go to open meetings and have as close to an understanding of the disease as i could. Hell, in my groups I don't disclose I'm not in recovery and have even 'fooled' my co-workers/interns who are in recovery and have years of sobriety. I tell them afterwards, not my clients tho, even though it wouldnt make a difference to most.

I actually have a therapist. She is the one who got me started on the idea that my problem is not just alcohol. Alcohol is one of the symptoms of another thing. She has asked me to journal as a means to open self communication. I have basically traced it down to something that happened right as I was entering junior high but I just can't seem to figure out what it was. I will talk to her about this on my next visit.
    While the underlying reason may have kickstarted your alcohol use, your alcoholism is definitely the primary thing now (you drank because you liked the feeling, even if you didn't really like it). if you remove the 'event' or underlying cause, you still have your alcoholism as it's not just a symptom now, it's a wired in thinking problem. most therapists/LPC/LCSW's see the mental health aspect of the primary and put the addiction as a symptom/result while it really should be understood and worked on, but the alcoholism still needs to be treated as the primary symptom (if someone with cancer feels back pain, a doctor can treat the back pain to go away while the cancer gets stronger and stronger). I 2nd the notion above to seek a mental health professional/psychiatrist who also has specialty in treating addiction (LCADC as its called here, not sure if a national thing)

To the other gentleman who was diagnosed Manic-Depressive and was treated with meds, that definitely has more of a physiological aspect as the chemicals in the brain were initially out of whack, and even removing the alcohol would still leave an imbalance. Creating a balance helped get rid of the physiological trigger that one would have no control over.

Had a former client's (he passed away 2 months ago) mother speak to my group tonight, fukin sunk in hard for one guy as he just relapsed with the same combo her son had OD'd on in his relapse (1x use, all it takes ). But then the mother's cousin with 30 years shared his experience, strength, and hope, lifted the group up and everyone was all pumped.. there's never a meeting you dont get SOMETHING out of.. stay sober fellas!
    Last edited by Greek_Elite; 08-09-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    "We Spartans are said to be descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield in service to Sparta is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Spartans, the finest soldiers the world has ever known." ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
    ΣΠ

Opiate/Drug Withdrawal Herbal Aid (& for general calmness/stress relief): http://calmsupport.refersion.com/c/fe52
    Ingredients include GABA, Passion Flower, Valerian Root, etc

PM for Bonobos referral

That's big step right there. Confiding in someone even when they are a compassionate professional is not an easy thing to do. I was always averse to seeking out help like that and I paid for it dearly.

I wish you the best. :-)

leg drive is a myth KennyWheels's Avatar
    KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i wandered around in therapy for years wondering why it wasn't working, only when i realized i was a selfish alcoholic and took step work serious did i get better and as the big book says, recovered.

alcohol is only a symptom, AA has helped me deal with my real issues

selfishness, self seeking, insecurity, and resentment
    current gym pr: 410
    competition pr: 350

Leg Drive is A Myth

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Greek_Elite View Post

I'm not in recovery myself, but I go to open meetings and have as close to an understanding of the disease as i could. Hell, in my groups I don't disclose I'm not in recovery and have even 'fooled' my co-workers/interns who are in recovery and have years of sobriety. I tell them afterwards, not my clients tho, even though it wouldnt make a difference to most.
    Fooled? You mean by telling them you are in recovery, or letting them think you were?
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jen0va View Post
    2 years last Monday July 29th!
    WTG dude

Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
    8 months sober yesterday....
    Again well done man

Originally Posted by Blacksmith80 View Post
    20 months sober today. Good luck to all of you brothers by sobriety and God bless you.
    Keep it up and well done

Originally Posted by KennyWheels View Post
    i wandered around in therapy for years wondering why it wasn't working, only when i realized i was a selfish alcoholic and took step work serious did i get better and as the big book says, recovered.

alcohol is only a symptom, AA has helped me deal with my real issues

selfishness, self seeking, insecurity, and resentment
    Good to openly speak of this. Really is.

A guy at work who started weight loss with me and i was heavier than him when i joined here in 2011 today sits at 240 pounds was stoned and was saying he can not get into dieting due to smoking erry night and drinking nightly, sniffing weekly.

He stated his issue was actually drugs and as i explained to him about my owning up to my drug and drink issues helped me to come to terms and turn my life around, he still insisted that he has a drug problem but not a drink problem.

I told him about AA and he said that it is only REAL drunks that go to this. Asking what is a REAL drunk got me miffed at how general understanding of an alcoholic is a person who drinks from waking to sleeping. After explaining that there is a sheet with questions that you answer to see if you have an issue or not he still proceeded to say drink was not the issue.

I tried gents, tried. Failed.

I hope he comes round and admits one day, because he is a good lad when sober. and only then.

I ended up ranting when i only popped in to say my phone alarm alerted me today (Monday) 10 months today and proud to admit i am an EX
    alcoholic.

Keep strong all... Peace
    Ride it like you just stole it.

rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [ I told him about AA and he said that it is only REAL drunks that go to this. Asking what is a REAL drunk got me miffed at how general understanding of an alcoholic is a person who drinks from waking to sleeping. After explaining that there is a sheet with questions that you answer to see if you have an issue or not he still proceeded to say drink was not the issue.

I hope he comes round and admits one day, because he is a good lad when sober. and only then.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe this guy would be open to NA? Of couse they will tell him no alcohol, which should not be a problem since he doesn't have a drinking problem.

The solution is the same. As you know the drug of choice isn't the problem, the problem is that the stuff is controling our lives.
    Mind, Body, Spirit

SpartanWarriorDescendant Greek_Elite's Avatar
    Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Fooled? You mean by telling them you are in recovery, or letting them think you were?
    I never actually say I am in recovery from D/A, that would be like fraud to me and crosses my ethical boundaries. But I do utilize some of the aspects of the 12 steps in my everyday life (kind of more like an al-anon member, although I probably should fully commit to working an al-anon step program), and probably recite the Serenity Prayer 100x a day. According to the other counselors in recovery who had just met me at the time, it's apparently the message that comes from me, the caring and insight where they had presumed I was in recovery. If my actual clients think I am or not, that doesn't matter I let them think whatever, and if they ask I just deflect it back to them b/c the treatment isn't about me, it's about them.

I don't know if that's an issue for anyone in here, if so I do apologize as I'm not attempting to fraud my clients, but as we say "it's the message not the messenger"

Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    A guy at work who started weight loss with me and i was heavier than him when i joined here in 2011 today sits at 240 pounds was stoned and was saying he can not get into dieting due to smoking erry night and drinking nightly, sniffing weekly.

He stated his issue was actually drugs and as i explained to him about my owning up to my drug and drink issues helped me to come to terms and turn my life around, he still insisted that he has a drug problem but not a drink problem.

I told him about AA and he said that it is only REAL drunks that go to this. Asking what is a REAL drunk got me miffed at how general understanding of an alcoholic is a person who drinks from waking to sleeping. After explaining that there is a sheet with questions that you answer to see if you have an issue or not he still proceeded to say drink was not the issue.

Can't save any/everyone, we just hope that they realize that drinking and drugging has a control over them and has sent their lives spiraling out of control in some way before there's any major consequences, but sometimes that's what it takes for someone to wake up. Even then, goes to show how powerful this disease is when people continue to use.

If he inquires again, maybe you could spin it that he may not have a drink/drunk problem, he has a 'getting out of his head/lack of coping skills/just likes getting fuked up problem' and help him identify the unmanageability first. When I have resistant clients I use a lot of motivational interviewing and focus on unmanageability before powerlessness.

If he's an opiate addict he may definitely have reservations about alcohol, or hell even pot, but what he'll hopefully come to see that the drug/drink doesn't matter, it's his mind. His alcohol and pot use just jeopardizes his abstinence from opiates, as even with some time clean from opes he'll eventually cycle back to them just as his disease progressed before, except this time it'll happen faster. This happens all the time to my guys, especially the younger ones who still want to be the 'social drinkers', but what i help them recognize that no matter what it is (hell even working, exercise, $, whatever), they cannot do anything in moderation and they like the chaos.

As for the real vs stereotyped drunk, 99% of my people don't fall into this category. Hell I have a guy who drank maybe once per month, but the moment he took that first sip his mind and mood changed, he became angry, and there was no 'off' switch, just drank until he passed out (or was arrested).

I probably fell into this category in my college years, but even though i was never stricken by the compulsion or obsession (had some unmanageability in the day) i still share some of my experiences and use them in my counseling.

By any means I do not want to come of as a 'know it all', just sharing my perspective and i just hope it's not perceived as me to be butting in in here..

I love reading Daily Reflections each morning, such a positive way to start the day:

"... and third, having this cleaned away the debris of the past, we consider how, with our newfound knowledge of ourselves, we may develop the best possible relations with every human being we know." 12&12, p. 77
    "We Spartans are said to be descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield in service to Sparta is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Spartans, the finest soldiers the world has ever known." ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
    ΣΠ

Opiate/Drug Withdrawal Herbal Aid (& for general calmness/stress relief): http://calmsupport.refersion.com/c/fe52
    Ingredients include GABA, Passion Flower, Valerian Root, etc

PM for Bonobos referral

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Greek_Elite View Post
    I never actually say I am in recovery from D/A, that would be like fraud to me and crosses my ethical boundaries. But I do utilize some of the aspects of the 12 steps in my everyday life (kind of more like an al-anon member, although I probably should fully commit to working an al-anon step program), and probably recite the Serenity Prayer 100x a day. According to the other counselors in recovery who had just met me at the time, it's apparently the message that comes from me, the caring and insight where they had presumed I was in recovery. If my actual clients think I am or not, that doesn't matter I let them think whatever, and if they ask I just deflect it back to them b/c the treatment isn't about me, it's about them.

I don't know if that's an issue for anyone in here, if so I do apologize as I'm not attempting to fraud my clients, but as we say "it's the message not the messenger"

I am also a counselor in the field. I have no issue with non-addicts being counselors. Matter of fact, addicts are not (unless trained) qualified provide services based soley on being an addict. I have had many ask me as well.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ผ๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ…ถ๐Ÿ…ฐ ๐Ÿ††๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ…ฟ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ฝ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think people need all the help they can get there hands on.

Have seen plenty of people try and solve issues at AA that needed other attention and the other way around too. Any and every means IMO best.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Was directed to this thread the other day, battling severe depression and realizing that my alcohol abuse is doing nothing but keeping headed down the wrong path. Time to get this train turned around while I still can.
    ***kneedraggers crew***

Will rep back 98% of the time

Originally Posted by euronewbie View Post
    Was directed to this thread the other day, battling severe depression and realizing that my alcohol abuse is doing nothing but keeping headed down the wrong path. Time to get this train turned around while I still can.
    Good on you for recognizing it. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

Stay strong

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've been keeping the demons at bay and since I never had a physical addiction to booze (the booze addiction came from being on benzos for so long as they affect the same part of the brain) I can honestly say I don't like it anymore when I have it. Still I don't drink anymore for a reason and the temptation is enough for my to be blessed it's not as bad as is it for so many other of our brothers. Benzos on the other hand, thank god they're prescription only.

euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by archerman636 View Post
    Good on you for recognizing it. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

Stay strong
    Thanks man! Only closing out day 4, my head is so fuzzy at the moment and cravings are intense. Trying to focus enough to finish this report for work so I can try and go to bed and feel more clear in the morning.
    ***kneedraggers crew***

Will rep back 98% of the time

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by euronewbie View Post
    Thanks man! Only closing out day 4, my head is so fuzzy at the moment and cravings are intense. Trying to focus enough to finish this report for work so I can try and go to bed and feel more clear in the morning.
    Keep at it. The foggyness will lift and the cravings will go away in due time.
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I felt like drinking today. That weekend where the girl died on the freeway we also had a flood of the century and a couple other out of the ordinary incidents so naturally when the bosses got back to work instead of being told good job and maybe a pat on the back I'm getting disciplined over some petty chicken**** mistakes. Literally everyone working that weekend got reprimanded. I'd bet my house if certain other people had been working awards would have passed around. Morale is the lowest it's been in the 20 years I've been there and after years of going through the motions for a few months I was enjoying my job again. But now I dread work once again and have to take it hour by hour. All because some guys have to tear others down in order to make themselves look and feel good.

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JRT6 View Post
    I felt like drinking today. That weekend where the girl died on the freeway we also had a flood of the century and a couple other out of the ordinary incidents so naturally when the bosses got back to work instead of being told good job and maybe a pat on the back I'm getting disciplined over some petty chicken**** mistakes. Literally everyone working that weekend got reprimanded. I'd bet my house if certain other people had been working awards would have passed around. Morale is the lowest it's been in the 20 years I've been there and after years of going through the motions for a few months I was enjoying my job again. But now I dread work once again and have to take it hour by hour. All because some guys have to tear others down in order to make themselves look and feel good.
    Good vibes being sent dude.

Keep strong. Don't give in to excuses. the drink will change nothing apart from put you in deep regret.

Strong JRT6 is STRONG. You hear...

Originally Posted by Big_Sky_Guy View Post
    Keep at it. The foggyness will lift and the cravings will go away in due time.
    ^^^ This.

1 day at a time. As soon as i felt my first (seemed like ever) sober sleep, it was like a weight was lifted... Morning life became exactly that. (LIFE) again.

Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    Good vibes being sent dude.

Keep strong. Don't give in to excuses. the drink will change nothing apart from put you in deep regret.

Strong JRT6 is STRONG. You hear...
    I have to decide if I'm staying down, we all get tired of getting back up, and letting others define me or dig down deep and charge ahead once again.

๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ผ๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ…ถ๐Ÿ…ฐ ๐Ÿ††๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ…ฟ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ฝ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There is sometime about being disciplined over petty chicken chit that brings out the worst in me. Petty chit in general too. Life is so short, too short to waste time on it, but it is most likely to get me sideways.

I cant stand it when I let morons in my brain. Find myself thinking about them. That's when I know I need to go do something positive, real, anything really, just get away from wasting time on them. What bugs me the most is that I let them get my goat. That I thought about their petty trash for a second.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sup brahs, young(er) buck in here and was just wondering about your opinions on my situation. I'm 23, 24 in Oct and enjoy drinks on the weekend (Friday & Saturday.) My problem is that once I get started I just want more. My thinking is "oh, i'm not feeling THAT great, i'll take another. One leads to 2, 2 leads to 4, 4 leads to floor (not all the time, just when I get really wild.) But if i'm conservative i'll have 4-8 shots, if i'm not, I dunno how many shots. What do you brahs think? I wouldn't have a problem quitting, i'll be bummed not to "relax" on a Friday and Saturday but i'm sure I could find something else to take up my time. I feel like alcohol "relaxes me" and sort of numbs me about the garbage I've had to handle at work during the week. Should I stop now while i'm ahead or try to curb it and only have 2-3 shots and end it there?

Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FeaRaLiS View Post
    Should I stop now while i'm ahead or try to curb it and only have 2-3 shots and end it there?
    you wont be able to make that limit bro, not for a long time for sure. yes, you should stop. there is so many wonderful things you can do that makes you relaxed and happy.
    >> I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing. ~ ษric Daniel Pierre Cantona <<

FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeaRaLiS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Blacksmith80 View Post
    you wont be able to make that limit bro, not for a long time for sure. yes, you should stop. there is so many wonderful things you can do that makes you relaxed and happy.
    What are some things you guys do instead? Things that relax you

Page 203 of 280 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 ... LastLast