Page 190 of 280 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,700 of 8390
    LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LAWLER89 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    298 days, today.

Originally Posted by slyguy354 View Post
    4 months sober

All I want to do is fukin drink

I'm fukin miserable

Pissed at the world, have very limited if any social interactions, don't know what the fuk to do

I'm so fuking lonely
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. And that's why it took me some five tries to quit. Longest I've ever gone before now was 97 days. Not only did I have a psycho-social/emotional dependence on alcohol, but I genuinely enjoyed the taste. Not a good combo.

It's imperative that you don't let that conditioned memory get the better of you. Like anything else you do regularly, your mind has programmed itself to the cause and effect of alcohol consumption. It knows that usually when you feel Sensation A (angry/sad/lonely/depressed), you have a significant intake of Stimulus X (alcohol, in this case), which produces Sensation B (calm/temporary euphoria/increased confidence/etc.).

You need to replace Stimulus X with a new Stimulus that's auditory, visual, or physically-intensive so that you can program your CNS to recognize Stimulus Y as a response to Sensation A.
    Near, far, wherever you are...
    ...I believe that the heart does go on.
    Once more, you open the door.
    And you're here in my heart.
    And my heart will go on and on.

*HILARY/MICHELLE 2016*
    -Misc Progressive Thinkers Crew-
    {I Need Feminism Because Women Bring Us Life}

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Meatpants View Post
    Whats up peeps. Been gone, but just celebrated 11 years. Life keeps getting better, and better.

Keep on keeping on.
    Congrats bro

Its good to see you around here and elsewhere
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by backisassuk View Post
    I feel so ashamed, embarrassed, disappointed, remorseful as I said at the start of the year I was giving it up. I suppose I am between an alcohol abuser and an alcoholic. Well after 12 days into stopping drinking I relapsed in a BAD way went on a 10 day binge. After the 10th day I said I really need to stop, which was Monday there. That day was pretty much hell bad shakes, sweats, anxiety, but little did I know the worse was to come, on the Tuesday I felt little things like hearing quiet tunes which weren't there, heard someone shout my name at the top of the stairs when no-one was there and i thought i got through it because at 3pm it all stopped. I woke up at 5am Wednesday went downstairs and could have swore I saw my plant move. Then went into the kitchen and saw a sweatshirt seemingly shake another T-shirts hand and then stopped quickly. This is when I knew I was in trouble.

I went into the living room and there must have been about 16 changes i.e. the corss of Jesus shrinking, plants losing all their leaves, cellotape growing a piece of PC ram(I have no idea where that came from). So I got the first bus into A&E got my father to come in with me and even though I done some funny things for example telling my dad that all the nurses/doctors were taking the pi.ss out of his glasses and going up to a computer in A&E and trying to use the internet on it).

Anyway I managed to run out and get home, I seen 5 people in my living room who weren't there and I flipped locked both doors and tried to call 999. Luckily I forgot the damned number then the police arrived and lucky I knew one because i had a knife in my hand paranoid at this time and he talked me into dropping it.

I ended back in hospital and ended up highly doped up on diazepam and some other drug. I got home today and this feeling I have now is the worst I have ever had wanting to stop drinking for ever i am talking abstinence. I am 30 and this could be my last chance. I really hope I can do it and would like to contribute on this forum with how I am doing and will follow others stories 2 or 3 times a week.

Thank you for listening and God bless everyone
    I hope you can get clear of it. Get to some meetings!
    als, you need to stop equivocating on whether you are an alcohol "abuser" or an alcoholic.
    hard drinkers don't have most of the symptoms you describe

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

if your asking "when will it get better?"

I remember asking myself "is it ever going to get better?"
    Feeling like you will always have the anxiety, cravings, the guilt and shame and the other negative things that seem be ever present in early recovery.
    For those who are serious about working the 12 steps, getting involved in recovery instead of just going to meetings hoping you absorb sobriety by osmosis.
    If you are actively pursuing sobriety your life will improve. you may never get rich financially, but if your like most newcomers you couldn't handle being rich anyway
    you will lose that sense of impending doom that always hangs around, the feeling that any minute the whole thing will come crashing down. The feeling that you will always have to be on the lookout and guarding against that next drink will lessen and you will begin to just know that "today I am not taking a drink or using drugs".
    Keep at it and work hard at your sobriety than you did at trying to drink and drug and you will reap many rewards.

PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A toast of my protein shake to a sober weekend! Cheers.

CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So many questions from me. Do you guys feel like alcoholism or alcohol abuse is encouraged in the media?
    Motorcycle riders: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2981441

What are you listening to?:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165938561

Location: Edinburgh, Midlothian, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well that is my first week sober done, last drink 20th January. I feel better already even sleeping quite good and got back to training on Friday after getting out hospital on Thursday. I don't feel too anxious to be honest but just slightly. I went to the gym on Friday, gym yesterday afternoon and then went out running between 11pm-12am last night. Reason I went so late was because I had so much energy and enthusiasm for some reason. Going to gym again today and may actually start going EVERY single day to take my mind off things and to use unspent energy. Plus having bipolar I can get hypos at anytime which makes me very "high". Still have shaky hands a little but that may be due to having too much coffee this morning lol, something I am going to avoid in the future as well, see if it can help it plus tablets I am on can cause parksonian(sp?) symptoms so who knows.

Feel good about the future and look forward to sobriety and though I have suffered from anxiety all my life I know the drink made it worse and hopefully the anxiety will decrease as the days, weeks and months go on.

From reading other peoples stories everyone seems to have an improved life from stopping drinking and hopefully I will be one of these as well.

God bless

cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CHOOSE View Post
    So many questions from me. Do you guys feel like alcoholism or alcohol abuse is encouraged in the media?
    Yes.

But if you expect me to go into further detail..... you're gonna have to wait till the coffee kicks in
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PappaBear76 View Post
    A toast of my protein shake to a sober weekend! Cheers.
    Cheers to you my sober friend!
    Jesus/Gators/ManUtd/Investing

**Dad Crew**

---I drive with my sun visor down all year Crew---

XBL: SamRothstein712

backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) backisassuk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I know I have only stopped drinking for 9 days and my anxiety levels have greatly reduced but never been in any what i would call major situations yet without alcohol so i dunno how i will be with that. Anyway the question I have is how long did it take for your sleep to get back to normal? I mean it isn't crazy bad, I am getting about 5-6 hours sleep at night but broken sleep waking up around 5 times during this time, not needing the toilet, having nightmares or anything, just wakening up for no particular reason. I am running myself ragged in the gym on the treadmill and hitting the weights hard adding up to around 2 hours per day so that isn't an issue, I am burning off a alot of energy doing this.

As I say I am not long off it so I don't expect miracles and I am surprised through other peoples stories that my anxiety levels are quite low so I can't complain, but has anyone else have had this issue and if so, how long did it take to get a good nights rest.

Thanks

mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickdoo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    WHen you first stop drinking alcohol you want to drink but can not for obvious reasons. Now if you hold on you will reach a stage where you do not want to drink. I mean you still can't but you do not want to, there is a big difference.
    Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mickdoo View Post
    WHen you first stop drinking alcohol you want to drink but can not for obvious reasons. Now if you hold on you will reach a stage where you do not want to drink. I mean you still can't but you do not want to, there is a big difference.
    My experience, after a while I felt so much better that I couldn't believe how I wasted my time. Also, knowing that at any given notice I can now get in my vehicle and drive somewhere without worrying about getting a DUI or hurting someone due to impaired driving. Situations always come up where alcohol seemed like the answer, especially at first and its tempting. But in my case, since being sober. I cant stand what I have seen it do to families while being sober. Its a daily reminder.

My experience, after a while I felt so much better that I couldn't believe how I wasted my time. Also, knowing that at any given notice I can now get in my vehicle and drive somewhere without worrying about getting a DUI or hurting someone due to impaired driving. Situations always come up where alcohol seemed like the answer, especially at first and its tempting. But in my case, since being sober. I cant stand what I have seen it do to families while being sober. Its a daily reminder.
    I will tell you something else if they dates are right between they two pics you have on your profile that is INCREDIBLE progress for 2 months. Congrats, that is motivation for training and living a healthy lifestyle right there

I know I have only stopped drinking for 9 days and my anxiety levels have greatly reduced but never been in any what i would call major situations yet without alcohol so i dunno how i will be with that. Anyway the question I have is how long did it take for your sleep to get back to normal? I mean it isn't crazy bad, I am getting about 5-6 hours sleep at night but broken sleep waking up around 5 times during this time, not needing the toilet, having nightmares or anything, just wakening up for no particular reason. I am running myself ragged in the gym on the treadmill and hitting the weights hard adding up to around 2 hours per day so that isn't an issue, I am burning off a alot of energy doing this.

As I say I am not long off it so I don't expect miracles and I am surprised through other peoples stories that my anxiety levels are quite low so I can't complain, but has anyone else have had this issue and if so, how long did it take to get a good nights rest.

Thanks
    Gaba, Melatonin and Valerian Root have helped me stabilize my sleep patterns in the past. But I have trouble sleeping and have since I can remember. I get tired during the day and just have to cowboy through it or drink some amino energy or something.

I will tell you something else if they dates are right between they two pics you have on your profile that is INCREDIBLE progress for 2 months. Congrats, that is motivation for training and living a healthy lifestyle right there
    Thanks! Yeah, that was for the 2011 transformation challenge. Getting serious about fitness has been about the smartest thing I have done.

CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CHOOSE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gaba, Melatonin and Valerian Root have helped me stabilize my sleep patterns in the past. But I have trouble sleeping and have since I can remember. I get tired during the day and just have to cowboy through it or drink some amino energy or something.
    Brb buying these. Especially GABA. I've read about how alcohol and GABA production are related, did not know it was produced as a supplement.

What are you listening to?:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165938561

Thanks I will look into purchasing these supplements. I already take an antidepressant/antipsychotic that did work at first as it was quite sedating and I was on top dosage but it has no effect anymore. Hopefully these and getting up at same time and going to bed at same time(which should be easy now) will help, thanks for advice, always much appreciated.

Executive Culinary OG ChefPhalBignuts's Avatar
    ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChefPhalBignuts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    18 months on Monday
    *Chefbrah Crew*

Dallas
    Cowboys

muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ChefPhalBignuts View Post
    18 months on Monday
    Congrats!
    "It really is as simple as Eat, Lift, Sleep, Repeat". Buckspin

Matt

have a sober and safe super bowl Sunday everyone!! stay away from the brew but load up on the wings!!

Originally Posted by ChefPhalBignuts View Post
    18 months on Monday
    Thats AWESOME man! Congrats and keep up the great work.

Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    have a sober and safe super bowl Sunday everyone!! stay away from the brew but load up on the wings!!
    Thanks buddy, you do the same! I was thinking of lining up some shot glasses with Protein and maybe doing some jello shots with Amino Energy. Probably not gonna happen. But that's what I would call a party today. Maybe do some grappling for the last wing at half time?

Had a slip-up. It is 11:28AM and I am drunk. wtf?

It happens.
    I've always heard that relapse is part of recovery, although it doesnt have to be an option.

So know you got to ask yourself 3 questions

1. Where did you go wrong?
    2. What would you do differently?
    3. Where do you go from here?

But I suggest not beating yourself up over it.
    It will only make you want to drink more.

SuperBowl get the best of you?! Cowboybiker said it best. Hope your feeling better.

Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    It happens.
    I've always heard that relapse is part of recovery, although it doesnt have to be an option.

words of wisdom
    >> I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing. ~ Éric Daniel Pierre Cantona <<

SuperBowl get the best of you?! Cowboybiker said it best. Hope your feeling better.
    Nah I was at work during the game. Thanks. I am feeling a bit better.

Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    It happens.

Thank you. I will definitely think about these things, and try not to beat myself up.

Osgood54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Baldiewonkanobi View Post
    28 years done one day at a time. I turned my alcoholism over to my higher power and my OCD to Bill Pearl.

Looking back from this distance those fuzzy years starting at age 12 watering down my Dad's vodka after I poured myself a few fingers, nose full of ******* in my 30s, then I started bleeding from every orifice at age 39...it is all part of me and my success today. Without trial I see no triumph. Those I had harmed I asked forgiveness and graciously received it. So in the long run I would keep my life's history as it is. I am healthy today and give my family an example.... morality, gobs of love, loyalty, dicipline, patriotism, financial support as needed and optimism.

Grateful Baldie
    WELL done Baldie great example to everyone it shows it can be done, to the next 28 and more years
    Check out my site : http://www.howmanycaloriesdoiburnrunning.com

Check out my site : http://www.howmanycaloriesdoiburnwalking.com

lol only 16 days for me, but I have seen some change already. Anxiety levels down, more focused, head less cloudy. Going to the gym everyday minus a sunday is helping, strength is going crazy elevated and same with cardio levels. Only thing which is annoying me is I am coming out with a few spots and notice my skin is getting a bit dry on my face, bought a moisturiser for that though. I suppose this may be toxins coming out of my body as I am eating "healthily" every day. Anyway else notice any changes in there skin after stopping?

interesting monologue from Craig Ferguson.

Page 190 of 280 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 ... LastLast