Page 139 of 280 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 8390
    muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Today marks 8 years sober for me. For those wondering why today, I finally got it right after a backslide over the holiday. You can fail and still get through to the other side.Have a happy and sober labor day
    "It really is as simple as Eat, Lift, Sleep, Repeat". Buckspin

Matt

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by muttytwist View Post
    Today marks 8 years sober for me. For those wondering why today, I finally got it right after a backslide over the holiday. You can fail and still get through to the other side.Have a happy and sober labor day
    nice!

way to go MT

Registered User GirLInterrupted's Avatar
    GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow!!!! Congrats MT! That is incredible, way to go
    ~Beth

The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.

GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    LOL
    I hear ya
    btw
    if your phone is an android or iphone they have an app that you can use for the forums etc
    makes it easier than trying to use a web browser on the phone
    My phone is an android, do I get it from the app shop, or do I find it here? I tried both and failed because I'm not so smart
    ~Beth

The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Congrats MT! That's awesome. My first go around sobriety date was right after New Year's and this go round is right after my birthday, so I now what you mean about holidays and other celebrations. I made an excuse to drink one more day .

GI, glad you made it through the wedding!! I know that was hard. I was in a similar situation when I was about 2 weeks sober. I decided to go visit 2 of my old drinking buddies (not a good idea), whom I thought were my best friends on the planet! I watched them get hammered while I sat there feeling totally uncomfortable and my internal barometer telling me to RUN! But I was so frigging lonely and desperate for companionship and I didn't want to lose them . They proceeded to make fun of me and accused me of thinking I was better than them or some sh!t like that . They got so hammered, they got into a beer flinging fight. Yeah, I got doused in beer. It was bizarre to say the least. I cried all the way home. I was grief-stricken. I knew they could no longer be a part of my life and I never went back.

That night was good in a way though. At no time did I feel envious or upset that I couldn't partake. In fact, the drunker they got, the more I realized that is what I looked like and sounded like. I realized they were not good for me. I got a good vision of the person I no longer wanted to be. One of those ladies got a DUI shortly after that and has sort of turned her life around, and the other one is a royal mess. Her car is parked in front of the local bar on most days. When she sees me in public, she won't even say hello. Whatever.

I just got back from a 4-wheeling trip with my boys and had a grand time. I really love my sober life.
    Last edited by thepowerwithin; 09-05-2011 at 08:03 AM.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GirLInterrupted View Post
    My phone is an android, do I get it from the app shop, or do I find it here? I tried both and failed because I'm not so smart
    I typed bodybuilding into the app market search and it was the second one.
    on my phone its just called "market" in the apps area

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats. 8 years is a miracle. I'm very proud to know you. keep up the good work. You carry a good message. Thanks.

steve
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    I typed bodybuilding into the app market search and it was the second one.
    on my phone its just called "market" in the apps area
    Yeah, mine is the market too, just did it and it was the 2nd one! not sure what I was searching before, maybe I put the .com in or something. But I have it now. Yay!
    ~Beth

ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZazenZone will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice. Time flies...

Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.

"My workouts are on a slow simmer. Should I raise the heat and seek a
    boil, I invariably get scorched. Cold is intolerable, room temperature
    makes me sick, and comfy-warm puts me to sleep."
    "The bench press took a permanent leave of absence when I grew up 20
    years ago. I do not miss the overrated lopsided painster one bit.
    Dumbbells are where it's at."

-Dave Draper

NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats MT !!!!!!!

The Power Within, very good story to start my morning off , thanks. I'm off to go catch my limit in salmon !!!!

muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the props everyone, I'm on spread with most of you sorry. 8 years is a long time but is was still accomplished one day at a time.

Matt

wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    congrats, MT. What a miracle we all are! My anniversary is a holiday one, too. Jan 2. Bet we can all guess how I spent that New Year's...
    Those who do not move, do not notice their chains. Rosa Luxemburg

skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the props everyone, I'm on spread with most of you sorry. 8 years is a long time but is was still accomplished one day at a time.
    Belated congrats!!! Can't even imagine 8 years right now. That's a wonderful string of single days!!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    PTS Certified
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm a little tea pot.

Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    MT, a belated congrats also.

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats man! That is outstanding.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "let it go from your head to your heart."

a good friend of mine passed today. Margaret S. had just celebrated 50 years of sobriety, and was perhaps the kindest woman i ever met, and certainly one of the finest examples of humility, kindness, and courage you'd ever see.

i often hounded her for her stories of Bill W., who she not only met, but who dragged her to meetings personally. she joined the fellowship of AA in 1961, a time when there still were not many women in AA.

the best piece of advice Bill W. gave her? she had complained to Bill W. that she didn't think she'd ever "get it", that maybe she was fated to constant re-lapses and struggles. Bill W. told her to "let it go from your head to your heart", and then she'll have it.

no better message have i ever heard. from putting down the drink...to tackling any of the myriad life problems, it has never failed me.

thank you for all you gave me, Margaret. I already miss you terribly.

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by boathead View Post

a good friend of mine passed today. Margaret S. had just celebrated 50 years of sobriety, and was perhaps the kindest woman i ever met, and certainly one of the finest examples of humility, kindness, and courage you'd ever see.

i often hounded her for her stories of Bill W., who she not only met, but who dragged her to meetings personally. she joined the fellowship of AA in 1961, a time when there still were not many women in AA.

the best piece of advice Bill W. gave her? she had complained to Bill W. that she didn't think she'd ever "get it", that maybe she was fated to constant re-lapses and struggles. Bill W. told her to "let it go from your head to your heart", and then she'll have it.

no better message have i ever heard. from putting down the drink...to tackling any of the myriad life problems, it has never failed me.

That touched me deep.Thanks for sharing that.

All to often I meet people that just want to hang on to parts of there past and they seem to struggle more than those who are willing to let go.

I tell them that you cant have a new behavior, until you get rid of the old one.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Wow....that was touching. We have a few old timers in my area such as Margaret and it will certainly hurt when they go.

"Let it go from your head to your heart."

Hmmm, I know many people that stay in their heads, have difficulty getting in touch with their emotions and seem so detached from the world around them. Me, I am forever in my heart, to the point that many times I let my feelings rule me....run my life. I feel things deeper than most and I am touched by what many others just shrug about. I care about others and I am affected (not disabled) by others' pain and struggles. I am loyal. My sponsor has drilled in my head that for me, in many cases, not all, it's better to use intellect over emotion. I am practicing and I am way better, but damn, it's a constant battle, especially when it comes to people I love.

That is probablythe best way I've ever heard that put. It is said when we lose an inspiriing person, speacaly a close friend.

Matt

Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    "from the head to the heart" At risk of sounding like a geek, I watched the Star Wars marathon on TV this weekend, and it all boiled down to young Luke closing his eyes and letting the Force be with him. I'm finding that if I just let the recovery happen, it works much better than me grabbing it by the throat and forcing it to happen (but then again, I'm past that first period of getting clean too where I was street rat crazy). JFT

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I got complacent at work and made a mistake that's going to cost me some time. It's rough facing our frailties w/o a subustance to smother it with. I know that in my job screwing up and getting disciplined is the cost of doing business but the shame is still there. This is a chance to live and learn.

Very powerful and heartwarming. I'm sure she touched many lives with her good word. I'm sorry for your loss Thanks for sharing that with us!
    ~Beth

Originally Posted by JRT6 View Post
    I got complacent at work and made a mistake that's going to cost me some time. It's rough facing our frailties w/o a subustance to smother it with. I know that in my job screwing up and getting disciplined is the cost of doing business but the shame is still there. This is a chance to live and learn.
    Ugh, sooo sorry! Glad you are able to get through it sober. It's terrible to feel that shame, but most likely you are being way harder on yourself than anyone else is. Hope the bad feelings pass quickly!
    ~Beth

**S U P E R B E A S T** Meatpants's Avatar
    Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good stuff going on in here folks. MT great job. JRT...you have today.
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Football !

I heard a great saying yesterday that I had never heard before that I thought fit recovery to a T: "I've had enough cheese; now I just want out of the trap." LOL

Originally Posted by Twineagles View Post
    I heard a great saying yesterday that I had never heard before that I thought fit recovery to a T: "I've had enough cheese; now I just want out of the trap." LOL
    haha I like that!
    ~Beth

rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just checked out that Will Ferrel movie Everything must go.Thought it was a comedy,not so much.It was more of a wakeup call for everyone.Think I'll stay sober.Made me think about driving up to the store in a brand new truck,but buying my booze with a hand full of change.Anyway,just another reason to stay the course.Life is better with a clear mind,I hope to get one some day.Stay strong people.

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All you people here are my heros. The difference between depedency survivors and other survivor types: cancer, accidents, victims of crime, etc is that substance depedency is such a selfish act. And to stand at the abyss and stare down at eternity with shame and longing for the end. But instead break through the noise in your head and addiction in your body and think about all the people in your life who you mean something to and who depend on you; to stop and through shear force of will tear the focus away from our pain and put that focus on all the people we cause pain to through our self asorbtion. To take a stand and say I'm not going to be that way ever again and begin a new life with the force of conviction that only God or nature can relieve

You and the surivors of other illness who do it for their kids and spouses, etc ( many times the cure is enough to make someone stop fightng) are my heros.

Or if anything our lives can serve as a warning to others.
    Last edited by JRT6; 09-08-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Page 139 of 280 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast