Page 245 of 280 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 255 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,350 of 8390
    drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rajon25 View Post
    I just put a hurting on some Oreos but otherwise clean. Happy weekend (3 day for Americans)!
    With the help of my girlfriend and her daughter we hate a whole box of MEGA stuffed! Bigger than the double stuffed 180cals in 2! Such a good thing for aesthetics!

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by elilbitz View Post
    August 31, 197087
    27 years clean and sober.
    For me, it has taken changing people, places and things; going to meetings, working with a sponsor, step work, service, asking for the obsession to be lifted, asking that my HP's will be done, asking for guidance and acceptance, serenity prayers, praying for those for whom I hold resentments, reading BB & 12&12 along with other AA and supportive literature, thinking of others, moving a muscle to change a thought, thinking it through, suiting up and showing up, going to meetings, step work, prayer and meditation, taking care of physical needs, diet, exercise, sleep, HALT, and more Meetings prayer steps....

Congrats on 27 e!

Originally Posted by LadyLore420 View Post
    Drink protein, not alcohol.

<3
    Indeed

Originally Posted by fingolfin34 View Post
    Happy Sober Sunday, fit fam! I hope that all have a safe and clean Labor Day weekend. Let's celebrate kids going back to school in a memorable way...one we can remember clearly. If you have kids, Go swimming with them. Take them to the park. If you don't have kids, sleep in until 2:00 tomorrow ;-)

Seriously, though, addiction has threatened to KILL us. We, along with help from those in out lives who care enough to kick us in the arse and get help, have the chance to live completely new lives. We can now try the things that our addictions had lied us into no doing. We can have the courage to fail at things in life, be it relationships, hobbies or new jobs. We can recognize that learning is one of the greatest gifts in life. But, we cannot do these things if our addictions (alcohol, drugs, gambling, food, sex, etc.) are still allowed to lead us by the hand. For the newly sober folks, its vital to avoid situations where the temptation is too great. So, for this weekend, you may need to stand up to your friends and tell them that you can't go the party at the river. Some of the best AA meetings I have been to are on holidays. (The most depressing SAA meeting I have attended was on Christmas, but it was a chance to really help each other.)

Nearing end of rant, hang in there.

For those of you with a connection with a higher power, that wonderful. Continue to strengthen that. For those without it, please read chapter 4 in the big book a couple times. The important thing that I had to realize is that God of my understanding doesn't have to have any similarity to anyone else's. That includes God as any church teaches. For me, God simply means LOVE. With love in my heart, I can face life. Without it, I face my addiction and I lose, period.

God bless you all in life and love. Let's at least check in on Tuesday with great sobriety!
    Good rant

Spent the 18-23rd fishing with my father and son in AK. Blessing
    Spent the 25-28 at an Enlisted Leadership Symposium and made some great connections. Blessing
    Spent the 29-1 up in the mountains camping and 4-wheeling and there were a couple out of the dozen that drink like I used to. Blessing to have fun without the booze.

It's a blessing to have the thing I was looking for in the bottle.
    Last edited by Big_Sky_Guy; 09-02-2014 at 03:20 PM.
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1000 days sober. Good luck to everyone, never lose your faith.
    >> I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing. ~ Ιric Daniel Pierre Cantona <<

Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Blacksmith80 View Post
    Nicely done!
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #68 ▪██─────██▪

Current plan:
    Very organized. Well-coached.
    Goal - be strong and not fat

fingolfin34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fingolfin34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fingolfin34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fingolfin34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fingolfin34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fingolfin34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fingolfin34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fingolfin34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fingolfin34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fingolfin34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fingolfin34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congrats my friend. Its amazing how those one-day-at-a-time's turn into a solid foundation for changing your life.
    Lets not forget the real life side of things.
    I spent too many years hiding in addiction to let that crap ruin my life again.
    The greatest gift we can give others is the gift of help.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's super, wishing you a great day!

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome man, sincere congrats!

does curls in power racks yaaar's Avatar
    yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's a lot of days!
    Don't listen to me, I'm in terrible shape.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ S̶m̶2̶s̶m̶ Bm2bm crew (---S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar to S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar---)

CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congratulations.
    ***TEAM REDRAIDER86***
    ***MY WELL WISHES TO ALL BATTLING ILLNESS OR ADDICTION***

Registered User Knickerbocker21's Avatar
    Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Not over 35 but I assume I am welcome here.

It took years but I've finally looked myself in the mirror and faced my problems. I just can't handle the stuff and mostly everything bad in my life can be attributed to the booze. Ruined relationships, ruined friendships, embarrassing myself. I always used to justify that it's just the weekend don't worry about it, everyone does it. Maybe so but not everyone blacks out every single weekend and neglects the things they care about. I don't want to be that guy anymore. I've tried to quit a few times but I've never really done it for myself, it was always for someone else. GF, family, etc. After a weekend filled with alcohol and drugs, I've finally looked at myself with disgust and this time it's finally for me.

I can't remember ever loving or caring about myself and I'm noticing that's been a big reason why I do the things I do. I carry a lot of regret and sorrow for my past and I'm trying my best to get past it but it's incredibly difficult right now. I'm working every day on loving myself and becoming the man I want to be. I guess I'm just afraid of everything pretty much. I was afraid to face myself and take a look inside for so long but this weekend finally did it to me.

This thread is amazing and I've read through it all and just wanted to thank you all for your honesty and advice. It really helped me.

4 days.

k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Impressed what you folks are doing.

I've drank beer since about 15 yrs. Not excessively during most of that time, but in the past 10 years it's gotten heavier to the point that unchecked it's headed toward causing problems. I'd down a 6 pack of IPA pretty much every weekend day, and sometimes during the week. So, Aug 1 2014 I just upped and quit. Cold turkey, no more. My wife did the same, altho she was even less of a drinker than me, and let me tell ya, having a partner also quitting is a major help! It's only been a month or so, but it's been interesting.

I now see all the silly/destructive things that go on due to drinking and how many of my friend's lives are motivated by it. Have you seen the same thing looking back?

As a major plus, I've noticed myself lifting heavier and feeling more healthy. I get up at 5:30 and walk the dogs 3 miles, EVERY DAY, where previously I didnt sleep well and would feel like crap when I woke up early.

Anyhow, keep it up folks. You're doing a good thing!

yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by k5dvw View Post

I've drank beer since about 15 yrs. Not excessively during most of that time, but in the past 10 years it's gotten heavier to the point that unchecked it's headed toward causing problems. I'd down a 6 pack of IPA pretty much every weekend day, and sometimes during the week. So, Aug 1 2014 I just upped and quit. Cold turkey, no more. My wife did the same, altho she was even less of a drinker than me, and let me tell ya, having a partner also quitting is a major help! It's only been a month or so, but it's been interesting.

I now see all the silly/destructive things that go on due to drinking and how many of my friend's lives are motivated by it. Have you seen the same thing looking back?

As a major plus, I've noticed myself lifting heavier and feeling more healthy. I get up at 5:30 and walk the dogs 3 miles, EVERY DAY, where previously I didnt sleep well and would feel like crap when I woke up early.

Sounds pretty familiar, except I got myself up over 300lbs. Good thing that you've stopped before before you put on serious weight. Love me some IPA, Double IPA, Russian Stout, all that high calorie stuff. But it's going to kill me eventually if I continue to drink it like I tend to do.

I've got other hobbies that will allow me to live, so maybe I should concentrate on those! By the way, how's your CW? .-- -.... ..-. ..- / .... . .-. . / --... ...--

Best of luck!

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ S̶m̶2̶s̶m̶ Bm2bm crew (---S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar to S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar---)

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    AWESOME!!!

Originally Posted by Knickerbocker21 View Post
    Not over 35 but I assume I am welcome here.

It took years but I've finally looked myself in the mirror and faced my problems. I just can't handle the stuff and mostly everything bad in my life can be attributed to the booze. Ruined relationships, ruined friendships, embarrassing myself. I always used to justify that it's just the weekend don't worry about it, everyone does it. Maybe so but not everyone blacks out every single weekend and neglects the things they care about. I don't want to be that guy anymore. I've tried to quit a few times but I've never really done it for myself, it was always for someone else. GF, family, etc. After a weekend filled with alcohol and drugs, I've finally looked at myself with disgust and this time it's finally for me.

I can't remember ever loving or caring about myself and I'm noticing that's been a big reason why I do the things I do. I carry a lot of regret and sorrow for my past and I'm trying my best to get past it but it's incredibly difficult right now. I'm working every day on loving myself and becoming the man I want to be. I guess I'm just afraid of everything pretty much. I was afraid to face myself and take a look inside for so long but this weekend finally did it to me.

This thread is amazing and I've read through it all and just wanted to thank you all for your honesty and advice. It really helped me.

4 days.
    Everybody is welcome Congratulations on 4 days. Realizing you have a problem is a big step in the right direction. Good luck.

Originally Posted by k5dvw View Post

Good for you and welcome. You're doing a good thing too.
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /β–Œ
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000) k5dvw is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by yaaar View Post
    Sounds pretty familiar, except I got myself up over 300lbs. Good thing that you've stopped before before you put on serious weight. Love me some IPA, Double IPA, Russian Stout, all that high calorie stuff. But it's going to kill me eventually if I continue to drink it like I tend to do.

I've got other hobbies that will allow me to live, so maybe I should concentrate on those! By the way, how's your CW? .-- -.... ..-. ..- / .... . .-. . / --... ...--

Best of luck!
    Yeah, I luckily have stuck with a pretty good diet and excercise routine thru my life. I also mountian bike several times a week, so I've remained athletic which probably kept me from going whole hog on the beer feasting. I have always gone to a gym as an adult, but didnt find freeweights until 2 years ago when I got more serious about lifting. I wish I had done more younger tho, it's not easy to do heavy compound lifts and make progress at 40!

But, yeah, hobbies help tremendously. I found I drank more when I was bored.

My CW stinks, even tho I have had a license since I was 15. I dont do much with it anymore since I have two little boys to chase around and little time.

Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Knickerbocker21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    After mulling it over all day, I've decided to go to a meeting tonight. All of the recommendations in this thread have helped push me in that direction. I'm pretty nervous not gonna lie. I have no idea what to expect I hope I can just kind of sit there and take it all in for my first time.

There's a beginner group and a young people group and I chose beginner obviously. Right choice?

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    After mulling it over all day, I've decided to go to a meeting tonight. All of the recommendations in this thread have helped push me in that direction. I'm pretty nervous not gonna lie. I have no idea what to expect I hope I can just kind of sit there and take it all in for my first time.
    I've never said a thing other than my name, that I'm an alcoholic and pass when it comes around to me. Sit, listen, talk to people before and after if you choose. Learn. There are in my very limited experience a lot of very nice and helpful people at meetings. You can't go wrong to at least put your foot in the door and see what's what. Good luck.
    ☻/
    /β–Œ

Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000)

There's a beginner group and a young people group and I chose beginner obviously. Right choice?
    Go with the flow. Hopefully the beginner group is moderated by someone with some sober time. There is danger when two people in early recovery lean on each other. Hence the sage advice - never date anyone you meet in rehab.

Current plan:

Thanks for the support guys. Just got back. Damn near cried at some people's stories, that was brutal. I think I'll stick with it.

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the support guys. Just got back. Damn near cried at some people's stories, that was brutal. I think I'll stick with it.
    Good on you for going man. That's a really, really hard thing to do. I remember being scared sh&tless my first meeting. I actually went to one tonight as well, met up with my sponsor and heard some great stuff from the group. Sounds like you got first step out of the way. Consider finding yourself a sponsor as soon as possible. Having someone there for you to guide you and to call at anytime is invaluable.

There is so much power in sitting with a group that has the same struggles and feelings as yourself. You realize you are among the millions of people struggling just like you are. Something happens in meetings, I can't really explain it, I just know I am sober today because of AA.....and I never really started living a good life until it I got sober in AA.

Keep active there, keep posting and my PM box is always open if you just need to talk anonymously. Wishing you success!

Glad to hear that you went, and glad that it sounds like it made you think. Whatever problems we think we have, there are others out there that are doing much worse off. Hope you can get it together, you're off to the perfect start.

Thanks guys.

Really don't want to make this thread into my personal diary, but I ended up talking my mom about the meeting and everything else and she pretty much blew it off and tried to ignore it. Took a lot of courage for me to do that and it just makes me incredibly angry. We'll talk later she said.

My parents have always supported me financially growing up and truly are always there for me when I need them but they honestly don't have a clue about anything emotional. Never told me they loved me, never really know what to say when I'm down. It just sucks honestly. Luckily I'm getting support here and it seems like I'd get it at the meeting if I spoke, but it would be nice to have someone you love and raised you do the same. Sorry the rant but these past few days have been tough for me and it's nice to have somewhere I can vent and people will listen. It will get better I suppose.

Thanks guys.

Really don't want to make this thread into my personal diary, but I ended up talking my mom about the meeting and everything else and she pretty much blew it off and tried to ignore it. Took a lot of courage for me to do that and it just makes me incredibly angry. We'll talk later she said.

My parents have always supported me financially growing up and truly are always there for me when I need them but they honestly don't have a clue about anything emotional. Never told me they loved me, never really know what to say when I'm down. It just sucks honestly. Luckily I'm getting support here and it seems like I'd get it at the meeting if I spoke, but it would be nice to have someone you love and raised you do the same. Sorry the rant but these past few days have been tough for me and it's nice to have somewhere I can vent and people will listen. It will get better I suppose.
    Thats tuff man for sure. I guarantee your mom is just trying to tuck away any thought that u may have a drinking problem, this in her brain is reflecting poorly on herself as a mother. This is not about her or anyone else. There are not going to be a lot of people that understand what you are going through. Truth be told, only other alcoholics will understand fully. Again, this is not about anybody but you! This is what u absolutely need to concentrate on. Once you get your sh&t together, the rest will fall in place.

You know that saying "You can't be happy unless u are happy with yourself?" Totally applicable. Get better, do this for you and the people around you will see this and come around. The only thing that should matter is getting sober and staying sober. That is enough right now for you emotionally.

The fact that you came clean with your mother is fantastic, you don't always get the response you want, but remember, you don't get to run the show around you. All you can control is what u do, and how you react to the environment around you. You made a big step in talking to her, your honesty with her and yourself is key to sobriety.

I remember having to tell my inlaws I was an alcoholic. I love them and my wife is the entire world to me. It was the best thing I ever did. The biggest weight was lifted off me. They reacted surprisingly good and we have a better relationship because of it.

Keep at it man, keep posting and keep those meetings going!

Thanks guys.

Please keep going to meetings. It takes incredible strength to walk through those doors and there may not always be strength on the other side. Go to many meetings, find ones you like. Familial love is a strong desire but ultimately not necessary. The best people to help you into recovery are those that are already there. You are doing a great thing for yourself and you fully deserve it.

Current plan:

^^^ Thanks so much guys. Your words of encouragement truly mean a great deal to me.

Just went to another meeting. Great atmosphere and I think I'm ready to just let everything go at one of these soon. I've really never talked about what I'm feeling to anyone ever in person nor am I a great speaker but It's such a welcoming environment that I'm not even sure I care at this point.

Have a great weekend everyone.

drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Get to a meeting peeps! I will be going to a speaker meeting tonight at 730 right after the gym.

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sup people?

I'll be celebrating 15 years on the 9th.

The countdowns on.

And IN B4, no fronts.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    Sup people?

The countdowns on.

And IN B4, no fronts.

So close. SO CLOSE.

Heck of an achievement. And also a great decision you made at the time 15 years ago buddy.

I am all out of reps though right now. Pepper up though.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    So close. SO CLOSE.

Heck of an achievement. And also a great decision you made at the time 15 years ago buddy.

I am all out of reps though right now. Pepper up though.
    Thanks bro.

I haven't decided where to take a cake yet, but on Thursday I'm gonna buy pizza for the youth group that I lead for it.

I'll call it universal amends.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Thanks guys.

^^^ Thanks so much guys. Your words of encouragement truly mean a great deal to me.

Just went to another meeting. Great atmosphere and I think I'm ready to just let everything go at one of these soon. I've really never talked about what I'm feeling to anyone ever in person nor am I a great speaker but It's such a welcoming environment that I'm not even sure I care at this point.

Have a great weekend everyone.
    You sound like you will benefit greatly from meetings. Good on you. Nobody cares how you speak at the meetings I've gone too. I've listened to guys mumble out incoherent nonsense and not one person will interrupt unless it's maybe going to make time go over. You'll have a voice there if you so choose.

Originally Posted by drewmigliazzo View Post
    Get to a meeting peeps! I will be going to a speaker meeting tonight at 730 right after the gym.
    Good stuff Drew.

Sup people?

The countdowns on.

And IN B4, no fronts.
    Great stuff man. That's really awesome.
    ☻/
    /β–Œ

Sup people?

The countdowns on.

And IN B4, no fronts.
    Awesome, u have helped in my sobriety, and this is just the interwebz! Great work man! Keep posting too, I told u once before, I want u for my sponsor. (No homo, no frontals... Lol)

Page 245 of 280 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 255 ... LastLast