Page 185 of 280 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,550 of 8390
    Stop Hating Start Lifting zakatak333's Avatar
    zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FATA55 View Post
    If I slip up again though, I'd give AA a shot.
    way to stay open minded

in my experience, the people who discuss relapse as a possibility are less likely to engage in such

its the ones who say, "i'm never drinking again" who drink again...

one really doesn't know what's going to happen, except for today

which is why its important to take it one day at a time: living in this present moment, admiring the beauty by which you're surrounded and being grateful for the opportunity to participate in life

if you ever get curious about a meeting, i'm sure your local groups would love to have you
    The muscles i value most are the ones directly surrounding the spine, the hips, the scapula, the femur and the tibia... in that order.

Basically the whole body minus chest and biceps... pretty much the opposite of what your local gym looks like on a typical Monday.

209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Been really learning to cope with a string of bad panic attacks. Please pray for this area of struggle.

Anyone else have any prayers that I can pray for?
    Jesus/Gators/ManUtd/Investing

**Dad Crew**

---I drive with my sun visor down all year Crew---

XBL: SamRothstein712

zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 209vaughn View Post
    Been really learning to cope with a string of bad panic attacks. Please pray for this area of struggle.

Anyone else have any prayers that I can pray for?
    may you find the answer(s) to your problem(s)

may you find your personal view point on anti-anxiety medication in sobriety

may your personal view point reflect what's best for sobriety

i say this in sincerity, pray for the misc to serve their fellow miscers with love & kindness

help stop disrespect and wrongful neggings
    The muscles i value most are the ones directly surrounding the spine, the hips, the scapula, the femur and the tibia... in that order.

Basically the whole body minus chest and biceps... pretty much the opposite of what your local gym looks like on a typical Monday.

BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hello!back again.Hope every one had a great and sober holiday.Mine was bitter/sweet...as my binge drinking 52 year old juvenile delinquent sister bout ruined it.After seeing our brother and her husband drink themselves to death...you think she would wise up.guess not.

FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BackwoodsGa View Post
    Hello!back again.Hope every one had a great and sober holiday.Mine was bitter/sweet...as my binge drinking 52 year old juvenile delinquent sister bout ruined it.After seeing our brother and her husband drink themselves to death...you think she would wise up.guess not.
    Sorry to hear that bro..
    some people just have that mentality where they will do whatever they want no matter the consequences..
    Unless they have an epiphany theres a good chance they will never stop..

Wish you the best..

in an unrelated note.. I hadn't been sleeping properly for about a month because I ran out of melatonin..would be up for 3 days.. sleep for an hour or 2, then be up for 3 days, for the entire month..
    now I've got some melatonin, and EVERY single night when I sleep I am battling alcoholism.. my entire dreams consist of friends trying to get me to drink (I was the fun and wild one of the bunch) Not sure why after 4 months it's triggered these dreams.. but I wake up every morning knowing theres no way I will be drinking "today" no matter what, so I guess its no big deal.. just confused as to why I started now.. after 4 months of not touching any booze.

Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I hear of people who don’t like this “God” thing.
    100% of alcoholics (addicts) are self centered.
    That’s why Bill and Bob said let’s get their focus off of themselves and look at something “outside” of yourself.
    Something greater then you.
    For most people that is God, but it doesn’t have to be.
    As long as we surrender and accept that there is something “greater” then us.
    Call it Good Orderly Direction. Call it a tree (not so good if the tree dies)
    Just take an honest look at yourself and say, “Yes, there is something out there greater then me”.
    I find people who are hung up on the “God” thing are just looking for an excuse to drink.
    Small Timid Boy
    ***Canadian Crew***
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry to hear that bro..
    some people just have that mentality where they will do whatever they want no matter the consequences..
    Unless they have an epiphany theres a good chance they will never stop..

Wish you the best..

in an unrelated note.. I hadn't been sleeping properly for about a month because I ran out of melatonin..would be up for 3 days.. sleep for an hour or 2, then be up for 3 days, for the entire month..
    now I've got some melatonin, and EVERY single night when I sleep I am battling alcoholism.. my entire dreams consist of friends trying to get me to drink (I was the fun and wild one of the bunch) Not sure why after 4 months it's triggered these dreams.. but I wake up every morning knowing theres no way I will be drinking "today" no matter what, so I guess its no big deal.. just confused as to why I started now.. after 4 months of not touching any booze.
    Sounds like a bit of fear that you will go back to drinking. A basic amount of fear is healthy. Makes us take actions to keep it from happening.

I had them several times in the first few years. Pretty rare these days...once every few years that I have a dream that involves me drinking.

We outgrow fear through actions like getting a sponsor, home group, taking the steps, etc. We begin to have more and more sober experiences that convince us that we can do it with the help of people around us and through helping others.

Hang tight, keep busy helping others, and this phase will pass.
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Big_Sky_Guy View Post
    Sounds like a bit of fear that you will go back to drinking. A basic amount of fear is healthy. Makes us take actions to keep it from happening.

I had them several times in the first few years. Pretty rare these days...once every few years that I have a dream that involves me drinking.

We outgrow fear through actions like getting a sponsor, home group, taking the steps, etc. We begin to have more and more sober experiences that convince us that we can do it with the help of people around us and through helping others.

Hang tight, keep busy helping others, and this phase will pass.
    Naw bro, no fear here.. I'm not drinking.. I don't care what my dreams are, they don't control me..
    I will be keeping very busy.. and I know there will ALWAYS be booze in my face, but I'm strong enough to shut down the temptations. I'm done being a slave to alcohol.

here's the result of the last time I quit drinking for 2 years.. made the mistake to try drinking in moderation and basically went downhill from there.. that's NOT gonna happen again..
    mark my words.

criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Naw bro, no fear here.. I'm not drinking.. I don't care what my dreams are, they don't control me..
    I will be keeping very busy.. and I know there will ALWAYS be booze in my face, but I'm strong enough to shut down the temptations. I'm done being a slave to alcohol.

here's the result of the last time I quit drinking for 2 years.. made the mistake to try drinking in moderation and basically went downhill from there.. that's NOT gonna happen again..
    mark my words.

What sort of things do you do to keep busy

I've been going out of my mind

I'm going to be really busy with school in about a month but til then the days are dragging

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

mark my words.
    You said you are battling alcoholism and having drunk dreams, and you are wondering why. I gave you a plausible answer as to why you are having them. It is normal.

No one ever said your dreams control you.

Stick around for 20+ years and I bet you won't be telling everyone how you are strong enough to shut down the temptations and that you are done forever. Those are risky statements to begin with. Alcoholism is a subtle son of a b!tch and will wait you out, convincing you that you don't need to do A, B or C, or that you can have a couple on that special occassion, on and on and on your mind will play games.

Get around people with time in recovery and hang on for the ride of your life!

I wish you well bro!

Originally Posted by criminal4889 View Post
    What sort of things do you do to keep busy

I've been going out of my mind

I'm going to be really busy with school in about a month but til then the days are dragging
    Well I was in school, I do web/graphic design ****, I dj/produce music, started hitting the gym again, spend a lot of time with my gf,
    The first couple months were brutal, I felt like my best friend died, and hardly had motivation to get out of bed, and most days didn't.

Feel free to shoot me a pm if you're ever bored and need someone to talk with bro..
    Good luck!

You said you are battling alcoholism and having drunk dreams, and you are wondering why. I gave you a plausible answer as to why you are having them. It is normal.

Stick around for 20+ years and I bet you won't be telling everyone how you are strong enough to shut down the temptations and that you are done forever. Those are risky statements to begin with. Alcoholism is a subtle son of a b!tch and will wait you out, convincing you that you don't need to do A, B or C, or that you can have a couple on that special occassion, on and on and on your mind will play games.

I wish you well bro!
    Well I guess you know me soo well..no sense in trying to stay positive.. might as well just say **** it and drink tonight *sarcasm*
    I learned my lesson already trying the moderation thing after being sober for 2 and a half years.. clearly that didn't work out so well..and things got out of hand quickly..

It can wait as long as it wants. You'll see.. I love proving people wrong. So thanks for the added motivation.
    Thank you for the kind words though, cheers!

Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I wish you well bro!
    So true and well said.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Big_Sky_Guy again.
    Small Timid Boy
    ***Canadian Crew***
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***

Well I guess you know me soo well..no sense in trying to stay positive.. might as well just say **** it and drink tonight *sarcasm*
    I learned my lesson already trying the moderation thing after being sober for 2 and a half years.. clearly that didn't work out so well..and things got out of hand quickly..

It can wait as long as it wants. You'll see.. I love proving people wrong. So thanks for the added motivation.
    Thank you for the kind words though, cheers!

No sarcasm. Just being real about the fact that if we had the will power to not drink, then we wouldn't be a drunk.

From 20+ years of watching men and women (many of them good friends in AA and other ways of staying sober) go get drunk, confidence and arrogance are not your friend. Humble is.

And who are you trying to prove wrong? Who said you won't stay sober? I simply said you will have a different perspective and won't be saying those things if you stick around 20 years.

No sarcasm. Just being real about the fact that if we had the will power to not drink, then we wouldn't be a drunk.

From 20+ years of watching men and women (many of them good friends in AA and other ways of staying sober) go get drunk, confidence and arrogance are not your friend. Humble is.

And who are you trying to prove wrong? Who said you won't stay sober? I simply said you will have a different perspective and won't be saying those things if you stick around 20 years.
    Lots of my friends didn't think I'd last a week..
    Either way, I'm not trying to be arrogant, I just know myself.
    I'm not some dude in your AA class, you really don't know me. Maybe that's the case for your friends, but that's not the case for me. While I'm sure you've heard that over and over and over again, that's how it is for me. If I fail you'll be the first one I let know..

criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) criminal4889 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    he's just saying respect the disease, its powerful, and if it was so simple to control forever we wouldnt post ITT, AA wouldn't exist etc...

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Give recovery a chance.

Stay sober for a year.

If you're not satisfied, your misery is easily refunded.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000) BackwoodsGa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Stay strong folks.Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

L
    Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    Give recovery a chance.

Stay sober for a year.

If you're not satisfied, your misery is easily refunded.
    Agreed!But hopefully that is misery no one wants.

209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Prayer of the Day from Twenty-Four Hours a Day

I pray that I may not heed too much the judgement of the world. I pray that I may test things by what seems right to me.

**Dad Crew**

Lots of my friends didn't think I'd last a week..
    Either way, I'm not trying to be arrogant, I just know myself.
    I'm not some dude in your AA class, you really don't know me. Maybe that's the case for your friends, but that's not the case for me. While I'm sure you've heard that over and over and over again, that's how it is for me. If I fail you'll be the first one I let know..
    Probably not.
    Most people who return to drinking wind up dead or in jail.
    I’ll continue to pray for you.
    Good luck.
    Small Timid Boy
    ***Canadian Crew***
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***

Originally Posted by criminal4889 View Post
    he's just saying respect the disease, its powerful, and if it was so simple to control forever we wouldnt post ITT, AA wouldn't exist etc...
    I agree.

Originally Posted by Slider59 View Post
    Probably not.
    Most people who return to drinking wind up dead or in jail.
    I’ll continue to pray for you.
    Good luck.
    I'm not most people.
    Well my drinking has never led me to jail, or the hospital... strong assumptions.
    but thanks for the prayers.

Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well my drinking has never led me to jail, or the hospital... strong assumptions.
    not yet my friend, but if you start drinking again, you can count on that.
    >> I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing. ~ Éric Daniel Pierre Cantona <<

Originally Posted by Blacksmith80 View Post
    not yet my friend, but if you start drinking again, you can count on that.
    Well hasn't happened in drinking heavily for 20 years.. I'm not drinking again though, so it doesn't matter.
    It's not an arrogance thing, that you all seem to think, I just know I'm done with it. I know how easy it is to say that, but sometimes you just know something in your heart.

I use to do/sell a lot of drugs, get in fights daily, roll with gangs, etc. and believe it or not I will never go back to that either.. in the last 4 years I've changed every aspect of my life for the positive. I'm not the same person that enjoyed drinking 24/7. I finally feel free from it.

Yeah I think it works well for a lot of people...

I don't think I'd be able to handle AA, but I've made it to 4 months now, coming from someone who drank at least 16 tall boys of 5.5% beer every day.. so some people can do it without AA. That being said, If I slip up again though, I'd give AA a shot.
    Thats a very honest way of approaching your soberity! The AA book itself claims it doesnt have a monopoly on recovery, so by all means continue whats working for you! If you slip up or want to try a different way - then we are here!

**Dad Crew**

Originally Posted by 209vaughn View Post
    Thats a very honest way of approaching your soberity! The AA book itself claims it doesnt have a monopoly on recovery, so by all means continue whats working for you! If you slip up or want to try a different way - then we are here!
    Yeah exactly. I have nothing against AA. I would gladly give it a shot if I can't kick this on my own. Different things work for different people.

Howdy folks.Hope everyone is stsying safe and sober.God bless.

Yeah exactly. I have nothing against AA. I would gladly give it a shot if I can't kick this on my own. Different things work for different people.
    FYI, you can go to meetings for the sake of meeting sober people to hang out with

you're more than welcome to attend an AA meeting, despite not necessarily NEEDING the AA program to stay sober

although you'll meet don't who don't see it that way

Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi all, new to BB.com, and 14 months sober here (as of yesterday), would have posted sooner but wanted to read the whole thread first. Obviously I didn't make it, so I settled on reading the last year of posts (40-50 pages or so?)...there's a lot of pain here but also a lot of really great stuff. Congrats and props to everyone no matter where they are in their sobriety.

I'm not an AAer (atheist, also have social anxiety so groups are not fun), but I can respect a lot of the AA philosophies, and its funny because as I was reading the posts, I'd think of something and then before I knew it, someone was posting a quote from their group or the book or someplace else that worded it a lot better than I could have. It would be dumb to dismiss anything that has that much wisdom and thought in it.

Anyway, October 5th, 2011 was my last drink. I'd just gotten back from my little brother's wedding a few days earlier and what should have been an awesome and amazing occassion surrounded by family and friends had actually been a really miserable one for me. I didn't do anything horrible, because my #1 rule of drinking was "don't get drunk with family", but the whole night I was fighting to keep from drinking too much, and I just HATED everyone there.....so, a few days later I realised that the hate I felt was really for myself and things had to change.

At about the same time I quit drinking, I made a commitment to get in shape, and so far I've stuck to both of those commitments. Compared to last year, I'm 30lbs lighter (could have been more, but last year was just revving the engines.....now I'm in drive), a LOT happier, and have a lot to be thankful for. I'm going back to university (dropped out the first time, because I prefered drinking to school) and I've decided that now I'm gonna reach for a long-time dream and be a bodybuilder. I don't know if I'll make it, but I am DAMN sure that if I fail, it will be because of something I can't control, because there is no way I'm gonna look back on this time of my life without knowing I did my absolute best.

To anyone just starting the sober life, or thinking about it, read as many posts here as you can, 'cause you won't find a better source of wisdom and support anywhere else, but also, yeah it's hard, but the longer you go the more worth it being sober is.

And thanks to all the "long-timers" (anyone who's been sober (or trying to stay sober) longer than me :P ) for sharing your experiences here...it's a lot to think about.

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Welcome aboard.

Morning folks.Have a great and sober weekend.

Page 185 of 280 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 ... LastLast