Page 164 of 280 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 264 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,920 of 8390
    Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Several have come and gone in my 20+.

Intereresting that several have been started by angry alcoholics...

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Big_Sky_Guy View Post
    Not a thing wrong with stating how you see it. Whether you believe you have a disease or just an addictive voice...no matter to me. Plenty of people look at it as sin (no more, no less = no disease, no addictive voice), just the "spirits" of alcohol negatively influencing their lives.

I have no problem believing that I have an addiction, with an addictive voice and that my actions are sin as influenced by the spirit of alcohol.

What matters is that I "treat" my alcoholism by not drinking and learning to live life on life's terms. How we do that is up to us. Some people really respond to the more social aspects of AA or religious-based programing, some do just fine with less interaction.

Once again, what matters is finding out what works for you. It is a big risk to take as we may fall down. Like we haven't done that hundreds of times trying to get our life straightened out! Nothing wrong with trying different ways.

It is natural to try to put this whole "problem" in a box and label it as alcoholism, addiction, sin, addictive voice, whatever else....but the only thing that truly matters is what are we going to "do" about it. It's not going to go away.

AVRT, AA, Religious-based recovery are almost always based in our new approach to life and helping others. That is the key in my mind.

For those of you that continue to struggle with "what" to do...church, AVRT, grind it out solo, AA. If I may be a bit coy, mental masterbation will not lead to a happy ending. You have to actually do it to feel better.

So get out there and masterbate! Wait, there's a program for that .... right?

Who says life is no fun without booze?!?
    Great post. I agree.

b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Big_Sky_Guy View Post
    Not a thing wrong with stating how you see it. Whether you believe you have a disease or just an addictive voice...no matter to me. Plenty of people look at it as sin (no more, no less = no disease, no addictive voice), just the "spirits" of alcohol negatively influencing their lives.

I have no problem believing that I have an addiction, with an addictive voice and that my actions are sin as influenced by the spirit of alcohol.

What matters is that I "treat" my alcoholism by not drinking and learning to live life on life's terms. How we do that is up to us. Some people really respond to the more social aspects of AA or religious-based programing, some do just fine with less interaction.

Once again, what matters is finding out what works for you. It is a big risk to take as we may fall down. Like we haven't done that hundreds of times trying to get our life straightened out! Nothing wrong with trying different ways.

It is natural to try to put this whole "problem" in a box and label it as alcoholism, addiction, sin, addictive voice, whatever else....but the only thing that truly matters is what are we going to "do" about it. It's not going to go away.

AVRT, AA, Religious-based recovery are almost always based in our new approach to life and helping others. That is the key in my mind.

For those of you that continue to struggle with "what" to do...church, AVRT, grind it out solo, AA. If I may be a bit coy, mental masterbation will not lead to a happy ending. You have to actually do it to feel better.

So get out there and masterbate! Wait, there's a program for that .... right?

Who says life is no fun without booze?!?
    thanks for that. I agree that what ever works for each individual and can keep you away from using is definitely a blessing even if some aspects of it are not 'right'.

Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    I think his discount of group recovery programs is short sighted, he talks about how the statistics associated with it but offers none for his own program, 12 step programs have helped literally millions to permanent recovery. Until his "system" can be even shown to work consistently its just another "fly by night grab your money and run" program as far as I am concerned. It wont be the first one either, in my almost 23 years of recovery I have seen several of them fall by the wayside.
    I dunno about it being a fly by night program out for the money. The concept is quite simple to learn and is available to people free on the website. It only costs money when you want to master the concept. I bought the book for $15. See what people say about it: http://www.amazon.com/Rational-Recov...7418123&sr=1-1 If you really really want to master the concept you can buy the DVD or take the class for several hundrend dollars. If it works for you, ofcourse it is worth it.

That being said AVRT and Rational Recovery is still a business owned by one man and his family. A business, like any other, that is being run by profit. AA is not a profit-driven organization.

This goes two ways... yes, you can say that he is out to get your money and that is it. On the other hand, no business can survive for very long selling crap. The products and services he is offering seem to be useful/helpful and have recieved pretty good feedback.

b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I see a lot of people espousing "one day at a time" mentality and counting days. I remember reading an addiction thread on this forum and somebody reccomended to the reader the book "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. Rational Recovery espouses something similar (I have never read Eckhart Tolle's book though). Instead of taking it one day at a time and counting days.... you simply do not drink or do not use NOW. I did not really understand this at first but after a while it clicked with me and it can be a very powerful tool.

It is always NOW and we are always in the present. While the past may have provided us some valuable information... it is gone now and does not need to be dwelled upon. The future is merely a concept. Many of us plan for what we are going to do in the future in terms of our drinking/drugging... but the future will eventually materialize into the present. When it comes time to act... it will always be NOW.

All that matters is that you do not drink or use NOW. You can make a plan to not use for 30 days or forever... but when the cravings strike and you have to make the choice... it will always be NOW.

sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by b0ngman View Post
    I see a lot of people espousing "one day at a time" mentality and counting days. I remember reading an addiction thread on this forum and somebody reccomended to the reader the book "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. Rational Recovery espouses something similar (I have never read Eckhart Tolle's book though). Instead of taking it one day at a time and counting days.... you simply do not drink or do not use NOW. I did not really understand this at first but after a while it clicked with me and it can be a very powerful tool.

It is always NOW and we are always in the present. While the past may have provided us some valuable information... it is gone now and does not need to be dwelled upon. The future is merely a concept. Many of us plan for what we are going to do in the future in terms of our drinking/drugging... but the future will eventually materialize into the present. When it comes time to act... it will always be NOW.

All that matters is that you do not drink or use NOW. You can make a plan to not use for 30 days or forever... but when the cravings strike and you have to make the choice... it will always be NOW.
    Bingo. We have a winner. You're on the road b0ngman!!! Best of luck to you. Whatever system helps you stop using then use it...pun?
    Taking it one day at a time. Seeking clarity everyday.
    U.S. Army '85 - '89 2nd ID, Korea; 4th ID C.S Co. Combat Engineers

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There's a similar concept in sport and survival mentalities called "WIN" Whats Important Now? A great concept for being in the moment.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

well I can get behind that philosophy for sure

Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Exactly.
    Plan the future, not the outcome.
    Man plans. God laughs.

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Well said man. Green for you (6700, not 7k, my bad )
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tomorrow will be 3 weeks for me. I find myself wanting some sort of support but every time the concept of "God" is presented I get turned off. Please don't misunderstand me;I've never met an AA (ect) member I didn't like but as someone who walks the left -hand path the concept of finding empowerment from anywhere other than within myself is heretical.
    I have no E-stats to post but this is my Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142431291

muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muttytwist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Donkeyno9 View Post
    Tomorrow will be 3 weeks for me. I find myself wanting some sort of support but every time the concept of "God" is presented I get turned off. Please don't misunderstand me;I've never met an AA (ect) member I didn't like but as someone who walks the left -hand path the concept of finding empowerment from anywhere other than within myself is heretical.
    Early congrats on your three weeks. I had to substitute spirit for god in my head to get throughthis. Hope this can help, AA is a great support system for us.
    "It really is as simple as Eat, Lift, Sleep, Repeat". Buckspin

Matt

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Donkeyno9 View Post
    Whats even worse is putting all your faith in a drug or a drink.
    My higher power was my addiction for many years.
    I served it.
    I worshiped it,
    And I entrusted my entire life to it.
    So yea it must seem silly to put your faith in something.

Trust me that I can go on and on with this.
    But let me give you one small peice of advice.
    Every night before you go to bed, kick your shoes underneath the bed.
    Then in the morning when your on your knees looking for them, give thanks to something for another day sober.
    just try it for 30 days and if your not satified, well what harm could it do?
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have 50 days sober today, although I feel pretty good emotionally, mentally, and physically

i am very very bored and lonely, fukin suks, seems like every time i put together any time it comes down to sobriety vs loneliness
    ***molec crew***

Originally Posted by slyguy354 View Post
    i have 50 days sober today, although I feel pretty good emotionally, mentally, and physically

i am very very bored and lonely, fukin suks, seems like every time i put together any time it comes down to sobriety vs loneliness
    pick up some hobbies... i dont care what you say there is something out their that will spur your mind

you may not be a reader.... but i guarentee you there are books out there that will alleviate your boredom

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

get to some meetings, I am sure there are some near you.

slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slyguy354 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    get to some meetings, I am sure there are some near you.
    i go to meetings a lot, but thats about it

as far as reading? tough for me to read cuz i feel like im missing out on socializing every time i try to read
    ***molec crew***

i go to meetings a lot, but thats about it

as far as reading? tough for me to read cuz i feel like im missing out on socializing every time i try to read
    glad your hitting meetings
    yeah the early bordom can be a bit monotonous but it very much beats the alternative.
    I got to where if I could get a couple days with nothing going on I felt lucky. learn to enjoy the peace and quiet of no drama for a while.
    speaking of drama, I know some folks who are as addicted to the drama as they were the substance.

thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just saying hi peeps. Life is good and I am feeling especially grateful.

Just got back from an off-roading trip on Big Cypress Seminole Indian Reservation with folks from my jeep club. It was a beautiful weekend and a beautiful setting and we conquered some pretty interesting trails! Came home with a few victory scratches, no dents!

There were 2-3 people who let the drink ruin their time. Some drunks just want to fight and argue, lol! I stayed clear out of it. Felt good. No longer feel the need to involve myself in other people's chaos. I just watched and took it in as a reminder of how I don't want to be.

Good times indeed. Who says you need drink to have fun, lol?

Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    Just saying hi peeps. Life is good and I am feeling especially grateful.

Just got back from an off-roading trip on Big Cypress Seminole Indian Reservation with folks from my jeep club. It was a beautiful weekend and a beautiful setting and we conquered some pretty interesting trails! Came home with a few victory scratches, no dents!

There were 2-3 people who let the drink ruin their time. Some drunks just want to fight and argue, lol! I stayed clear out of it. Felt good. No longer feel the need to involve myself in other people's chaos. I just watched and took it in as a reminder of how I don't want to be.

Good times indeed. Who says you need drink to have fun, lol?
    You are so right.
    Small Timid Boy
    ***Canadian Crew***
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***

BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Congrats on 50! I would suggest making more of an effort to talk to people at meetings. Accept offers to hang out or to go for coffee/food. Hang around after the meetings with the crowd and shoot the breeze. Be open to friendship with people who you normally would not socialize with because of age or whatever.
    Whatever you do, even if your ass falls off, don't take the first drink.
    "There is a crack in everything.
    That's how the light gets in.” LC

**Misc Cologne Crew**

Progress. Not perfection.

VIRESCIT VULNERE VIRTUS "Courage Grows Strong At the Wound"

Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brahtactic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What are the telltale signs of alcoholism?

Is it just an urge to drink? And possible withdrawals?

How did you know personally? I am going into a field of work which requires ALOT of entertaining, think around 3-4 nights of week of getting pretty hammered for the next few years.

Anything I can take to not make it impact me as bad? Not drinking is not an option
    Loading Swag:

22%||||____________ 100%

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Brahtactic View Post
    Not drinking is not an option
    Then I cant help you.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Not drinking is not an option
    It is always an option.
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

How did you know personally? I am going into a field of work which requires ALOT of entertaining, think around 3-4 nights of week of getting pretty hammered for the next few years.

Anything I can take to not make it impact me as bad? Not drinking is not an option
    Just the mere fact that you are asking these questions raises a red flag.

Honestly, though, I think your looking for 'help' from the wrong people and the wrong place.

you have probably passed beyond the point where you can control how much you drink once you start. There is no pill or treatment that will allow an alcoholic to control their drinking. When you reach that point complete abstinence is the only way.

when you drink against your own good judgment. Unless you are completely whacked in the head... you will come to a point where you realize **** is getting out of hand and you tell yourself you need to take it easy or completely stop. However, part of you will not let go and you literally become obsessed with the thought of drinking and compulsed to do so. The more you allow alcohol to be a part of your life if you are like this, the more you will OCD about it.

If you can drink 3-4 nights a week because you "need to" but then you can stop with ease... you are not an alcoholic.

Mk35 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mk35 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mk35 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mk35 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mk35 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mk35 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mk35 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mk35 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mk35 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mk35 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mk35 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

They couldn't pay me enough to throw away everything just so I can trash myself for the next few years... For me, I would lose way more than I would gain regardless of the salary.
    Like Chodan said, I knew I was alcoholic when once I started for the night, I couldn't stop.
    If you are anything like me, I would advise you to go into another field.
    Good luck!
    Romans: 8:37-39 Prov:10:24

BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BeStill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

If you don't believe you are an alcoholic now, aren't you concerned that 3 or 4 nights a week of getting hammered might get you there? I don't know how to lessen the impact of volunteering for progressive terminal disease.

Not drinking is an option. You are a 46 year old man-man up.
    "There is a crack in everything.
    That's how the light gets in.” LC

**Misc Cologne Crew**

Progress. Not perfection.

VIRESCIT VULNERE VIRTUS "Courage Grows Strong At the Wound"

relivin will become famous soon enough. (+50) relivin will become famous soon enough. (+50) relivin will become famous soon enough. (+50) relivin will become famous soon enough. (+50) relivin will become famous soon enough. (+50) relivin will become famous soon enough. (+50) relivin will become famous soon enough. (+50) relivin will become famous soon enough. (+50) relivin will become famous soon enough. (+50) relivin will become famous soon enough. (+50) relivin will become famous soon enough. (+50)

If the entertainment is you, as a hammered drunk then not drinking is not an option.
    Mark

8 weeks without alcohol

the loneliness and frustration im experiencing right now is right on par with the anxiety and depression that led me to quit alcohol in the first place
    ***molec crew***

Page 164 of 280 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 264 ... LastLast