Page 124 of 280 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 8390
    Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GreenWave1 View Post
    Thanks man. Likewise. We have all benefited greatly from you presence.
    Thanks
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50) NoSlak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I moved up to the NW from SF about a year and a half ago and miss my fellowship down there but I still stay in touch. I got this email to day from a woman I admire very much, she is my AA mother and always knows what to say so I'll share this:

Remember These Words…

Don’t let go of hope.
    Hope gives you the strength to keep going when you feel like giving up.
    Don’t ever quit believing in yourself. As long as you believe you can, you will have a
    reason for trying.
    Don’t let anyone hold your happiness in their hands; hold it in yours, so it will
    always be within your reach.
    Don’t measure success or failure by material wealth, but by how you feel; our
    feelings determine the richness of our lives.
    Don’t let bad moments overcome you; be patient, and they will pass.
    Don’t hesitate to reach out for help; we all need it from time to time.
    Don’t run away from love but towards love, because it is our deepest joy.
    Don’t wait for what you want to come to you; go after it with all that you are.
    Don’t feel like you’ve lost when plans and dreams fall short of your hopes. Anytime
    you learn something new about yourself or about life, you have progressed.
    Don’t do anything that takes away from your self-respect; feeling good about
    yourself is essential to feeling good about life.

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rockminer View Post
    I made the call today.Going to my first meeting Saturday morning.I want to inspire others like you all did for me.I know you don't even realize it,but I consider the people here and this thread to be my turning point in life.The push I needed to battle this demon.We can laugh next year about me being a newbie.Have a good night.
    You have already inspired me and you will definitely inspire more people

Not much to say to this one. My brother and sister still use and are terrified of my sobriety. My wife is silently supportive (she did get me a present on my 30 day). That said, she doesn't say anything to me on my anniversary any more (hasn't in years). I know she's glad that I'm clean and likes life a lot better now, but I think she would just like to put it all behind her and not be reminded. This made me mad at first, but I get it now. So I celebrate here.
    My first go around, I quit celebrating, picking up chips, attending meetings.....big mistake. This time, I refuse. It's a big deal and I have let my immediate loved ones know that it's a big deal. All I want is a little acknowledgment and so far they have delivered. The day they forget, I will gently remind them. "Hey guys, today is my __ year anniversary." I realize it's up to me to get my own needs met, but a little support goes a long way.

Originally Posted by NoSlak View Post

Don’t measure success or failure by material wealth, but by how you feel; our
    feelings determine the richness of our lives.

Don’t do anything that takes away from your self-respect; feeling good about
    yourself is essential to feeling good about life.
    These 2 are my favorite and big mental changes I had to make in order to be peaceful in sobriety. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I made the call today.Going to my first meeting Saturday morning.I want to inspire others like you all did for me.I know you don't even realize it,but I consider the people here and this thread to be my turning point in life.The push I needed to battle this demon.We can laugh next year about me being a newbie.Have a good night.
    Stay tough it's worth it. You are going on an adventure of a lifetime for a lifetime.
    stick with it and it WILL pay off

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry I've been out of touch on the thread, out of town at a conference for work.
    Looks like a lot of positive things going on though.
    Hope everyone has a happy and sober day!

Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great step guy, and I'm proud of you. Remember each meeting and each group has its own characteristics. If you don't think you mesh with your first choice, try another group. I know here in Houston I attend several groups depending on my mood and how much enthusiasm I think I can handle (a couple of them are real mosh pits). Even if all you do is sit there, there's comfort in knowing you are not alone. JFT (you only have to stay clean just for today; you might use tomorrow but you only have to do it today - the NA version of one day at a time).

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What a great thread and after five years I just found it. It may have been mentioned before but I would like to add that staying away from ****** is a really good idea. ****** is a great sleep aide which just happens to affect the same part of the brain as booze so even though you don't get a liquor type intoxication your brain really craves it. Before you know it you'er doing a Tiger Woods and talking to your wife in bed in a slurred stupor. It's rough because my wife has to take it because she has auto immune issues and is a roaring insomniac and if I take any of hers then she has to suffer without it.

cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

WoW

didnt expect all this. wish me luck

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136611781

rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Twineagles View Post
    Great step guy, and I'm proud of you. Remember each meeting and each group has its own characteristics. If you don't think you mesh with your first choice, try another group. I know here in Houston I attend several groups depending on my mood and how much enthusiasm I think I can handle (a couple of them are real mosh pits). Even if all you do is sit there, there's comfort in knowing you are not alone. JFT (you only have to stay clean just for today; you might use tomorrow but you only have to do it today - the NA version of one day at a time).
    I'll keep that in mind.Thanks everyone.Speaking of thanks,BigDaddy where you at.If you didn't start this thread I'd be lost.Hope all is good with you brother.
    Last edited by rockminer; 07-22-2011 at 01:35 PM.

vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vindex1963 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    WoW

From intelligent questions to the typical "my balls haven't dropped yet" questions.

You're handling it VERY well.
    stick with it and it WILL pay off

**S U P E R B E A S T** Meatpants's Avatar
    Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Evening folks.

Hope everyone is off to a great weekend.

Cowboy, your thread is going better than I thought it would. Good on ya.
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

**S U P E R B E A S T** Meatpants's Avatar
    Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    I fell off the wagon last night after 3 years and close to 3 months, and drank and now I'm paying the price with the usual depression and remorse...

met with my sponsor this afternoon and gonna get back on track starting tonight...

this is the second one night "relapse' I've had in the last 5 years...

gonna look on the bright side and embrace being humbled instead of resentful of it all
    Dam bro. Its good to see that your back on track this fast, and talking to your sponsor. I think we've all been there. You keep getting up. Whatever it takes.

Stay strong man.

What was the trigger?
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I fell off the wagon last night after 3 years and close to 3 months, and drank and now I'm paying the price with the usual depression and remorse...

met with my sponsor this afternoon and gonna get back on track starting tonight...

gonna look on the bright side and embrace being humbled instead of resentful of it all
    That's sucks man. Sounds like you are taking the necessary steps and have the right attitude about it. You are wise to not be resentful. That will just hold you back.

You know what you need to do and how to do it. Stay strong!
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    My first go around, I quit celebrating, picking up chips, attending meetings.....big mistake. This time, I refuse. It's a big deal and I have let my immediate loved ones know that it's a big deal. All I want is a little acknowledgment and so far they have delivered. The day they forget, I will gently remind them. "Hey guys, today is my __ year anniversary." I realize it's up to me to get my own needs met, but a little support goes a long way.
    That's how I felt, just a little acknowledgement. It really pissed me off when she didn't say anything. My therapist set me straight though. She doesn't see me like that anymore. She doesn't want to be reminded of the dark times. I don't blame her. She stuck with me through all the sh!t and helped me get straight. It would be ungrateful of me to place any expectations on her in this regard. She's gone above and beyond.

That's why I celebrate here. You guys really GET it and aren't burdened by my past. And, hopefully, my progress can inspire others.

two weeks of some pretty severe anxiety that resurface after a long long time

two weeks of gettin 3 or 4 hours of sleep

two weeks of walking around like a zombie got me to thinking that I was going back out and back out for good..

somewhere along the line of staying sober I formed a hatred of being the alcoholic I am

that'll need to change !
    I can see that man. Self care is really important to continued sobriety. That is one way that the bb lifestyle has really helped me. It helps me stay back from the edge. If you can keep some distance from the edge, it's harder to get pushed over.

Good luck getting the anxiety under control. That can be really hard.

rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockminer will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I spent the time I had today looking at this thread from day one.I was so impressed by those of you who have been around for so long.Oceanside you are one of my heroes dude.I know I'm new here,but I'm a person just like you.I hope my weakness the other day didn't push you to make the same mistake.I have the same respect for you now that I did yesterday.Nothing changed,let's move foreword.God bless you bro.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    cbb what you told me today confirms what i have been telling my sister. i fear a rough ride but thanks.

Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    cbb what you told me today confirms what i have been telling my sister. i fear a rough ride but thanks.
    Its gonna be rough, but do-able.
    its not the first, last or only time that I've seen that.
    But it seems to be the best option.

good luck.

remember, tough love is still love

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't know if this will even make sense...but I realized during therapy that the escapism is escapism regardless of your "drug" of choice. I had my own addiction that didn't have anything to do with chemicals, but when I realized the real hollowness inside me was driving the urge, I was able to put it aside. Now when it starts to creep in, I have to stop and analyze why.

I had a really serious problem in that I thought people would realize what a sham I was. It took a lot of ugly work to become the person I told everyone I was, and it's still a work in progress.

/confession
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

thanx rockminer, but I'll take full responsibility for this little hiccup
    I know you do and thats a great start.

You know what to do. And I know you've already started.

You are not alone, I will do my best to help if you want.

Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twineagles has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Oceanside, I'm impressed. You fell off but got right up and restarted the program. That says your program is strong. Its just a hiccup. I've got so many welcome tags that I was thinking about making a christmas tree out of them. LOL Best of luck and we're cheering for you.

"Came to believe a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity", How would you explain that to the newcomer or sponsee ?

209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just a sober reminder for us all... Amy Winehouse found dead at the age of 27.
    Jesus/Gators/ManUtd/Investing

**Dad Crew**

---I drive with my sun visor down all year Crew---

XBL: SamRothstein712

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WoW

billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000)
    WoW

Nice! You will need some luck Bro. Looks like fun though.
    Strength and wisdom are not opposing values.

billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000)

Still 5 years Bro...just minus one day. Stay strong!

That's how I felt, just a little acknowledgement. It really pissed me off when she didn't say anything. My therapist set me straight though. She doesn't see me like that anymore. She doesn't want to be reminded of the dark times. I don't blame her. She stuck with me through all the sh!t and helped me get straight. It would be ungrateful of me to place any expectations on her in this regard. She's gone above and beyond.

That's why I celebrate here. You guys really GET it and aren't burdened by my past. And, hopefully, my progress can inspire others.
    It does.....always!

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    I don't know if this will even make sense...but I realized during therapy that the escapism is escapism regardless of your "drug" of choice. I had my own addiction that didn't have anything to do with chemicals, but when I realized the real hollowness inside me was driving the urge, I was able to put it aside. Now when it starts to creep in, I have to stop and analyze why.

I had a really serious problem in that I thought people would realize what a sham I was. It took a lot of ugly work to become the person I told everyone I was, and it's still a work in progress.

/confession
    Good job, Sir. We all know exactly what you are talking about. It's all relative.

thanx rockminer, but I'll take full responsibility for this little hiccup
    Nobody else is going to claim it

Page 124 of 280 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 ... LastLast