ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000)

Question about cooking eggs

I eat 2 whole eggs plus 4 eggs whites almost every morning with whole wheat toast. My question is that I normally fry them with about 2/3 a tablespoon of vegetable oil. This contains about 90 cals that I don't want. Is there anyway to use something to lessen the calories and fat intake while still preventing the eggs from sticking to the pan?

......................... Tolerance's Avatar
    Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000) Tolerance is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ShayThor1989 View Post
    I eat 2 whole eggs plus 4 eggs whites almost every morning with whole wheat toast. My question is that I normally fry them with about 2/3 a tablespoon of vegetable oil. This contains about 90 cals that I don't want. Is there anyway to use something to lessen the calories and fat intake while still preventing the eggs from sticking to the pan?
    HA....... wow.

i swear to god i was just about to go to bed, but i signed on to make THIS THREAD.

LOL, weird. repped.

but yea................... any other "healthy" alternatives to cooking eggs? (so they dont stick to pan. i eat mine sunny side up )

after im done cooking the eggs, i just dont see how all that oil all over them is healthy

PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    get a better pan.. i don't use anything, i scramble mine on a non-stick frying pan and dont have any trouble.

my girlfriend uses this smart-balance cooking spray.. if i remember correctly it doesn't have any calories or very little and no carbs/fats/proteins. check it out, i'm not completely sure.. i just go bareback

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can cook them on non-stick or cast iron, but without oil/fat, they won't be "fried" eggs. Dry, or with a spritz of Pam, they'll cook fine and won't stick, but they won't be fried.
    No sir, I don't like it.

sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000) sFunk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Get some EVOO -- Good fats.

Otherwise use a little bit of butter/margerine. You don't need much and it'll cook 'em up real nice. And there's certainly nothing wrong with using pam, either.

But if you're really looking to cut out that source of calories, just hard boil all of your eggs and eat them that way. It's all the same protein and almost as delicious!
    "ohhhh, ok thanks. i thought it meant PIInuTButter since this is a body building website." - GuhleeMonAhnuld

TheBillDozer04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBillDozer04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBillDozer04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBillDozer04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBillDozer04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBillDozer04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBillDozer04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBillDozer04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBillDozer04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBillDozer04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheBillDozer04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    microwave or boil

eriksage is on a distinguished road. (+10) eriksage is on a distinguished road. (+10) eriksage is on a distinguished road. (+10) eriksage is on a distinguished road. (+10) eriksage is on a distinguished road. (+10) eriksage is on a distinguished road. (+10) eriksage is on a distinguished road. (+10) eriksage is on a distinguished road. (+10) eriksage is on a distinguished road. (+10) eriksage is on a distinguished road. (+10) eriksage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    teflon=win

worried about cooking with a bit of olive oil=fail
    Get some

Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lemonzest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eat ya Yolks!!

My power is over 9000 RachelBringIt's Avatar
    RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000)
    i use a little pad of butter thats made with olive oil. Adds flavor, doesnt stick and adds fat to my breakfast.
    [Stickam Crǝw]

"A taste for truth at any cost is a passion which spares nothing." - Albert Camus

PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would definitely use pam if you are looking for non stick but in the long run it might be beneficial to just go out and buy a non stick pan.

I would also eat your yolks as the protein in the yolk is more beneficial and easier digested than the white.
    De Novo Lipogenesis

Life is Simple, make choices and don't look back.

Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Add821 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PhobosWebDev View Post
    I would also eat your yolks as the protein in the yolk is more beneficial and easier digested than the white.
    I thought most of the protein was in the egg white
    Its hard to keep your head when everyone around you is losing theirs.

Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i stick 2 eggs in a bowl..a splash of skim milk..and stir it up.

cover the top.. microwave for like 2-3 minutes.. and it comes out nice.

I then scramble them up manually.. a little ketchup..and good to eat!

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just use a PAM spray, works fine
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

thecreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cooking Sprays

The cooking sprays, like PAM, may say that they don't have any fat or calories, but its bs. They are allowed to claim that it is fat free if there is less than a certain amount PER SERVING (i think 0.5 grams). But a serving is way too little. Everytime you use it, its more like 5-8 servings.

SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by thecreed View Post
    The cooking sprays, like PAM, may say that they don't have any fat or calories, but its bs. They are allowed to claim that it is fat free if there is less than a certain amount PER SERVING (i think 0.5 grams). But a serving is way too little. Everytime you use it, its more like 5-8 servings.
    so what? it's still trivial. Way less than you'd use pouring oil.

You can also just buy a spray can at a cooking store and pour oil into it.

Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RachelBringIt View Post
    i use a little pad of butter thats made with olive oil.
    That's unpossible!
    No sir, I don't like it.

SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpinFan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    That's unpossible!
    PAD of butter? UNpossible? wha?

Originally Posted by SpinFan View Post
    PAD of butter? UNpossible? wha?
    I was willing to overlook the "pad", but olive and butter are very different things.

No sir, I don't like it.

theognis1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theognis1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theognis1002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Boil the eggs. yum.

Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I use an olive oil spray, it makes it nice and evenly coated.

You could just hardboil/poach them if you aren't putting any thing in there with em.
    ENCLAVE
    Fitness & Nutrition
    CISSN
    CSCS
    CF-L1

Cyclist, Sprinter, Foodie.

Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by belairdfence99 View Post
    Just use a PAM spray, works fine
    Exactly.

ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000) ShayThor1989 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks guys for the responses. I'll look into PAM and a non-stick pan.

ThemoLife Alter Ego SupaNatural's Avatar
    SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Holyspokes View Post
    I use an olive oil spray, it makes it nice and evenly coated.

You could just hardboil/poach them if you aren't putting any thing in there with em.
    My new favorite method is poaching in the microwave. Nice and fast and requires minimal supervision.

Thanks guys for the responses. I'll look into PAM and a non-stick pan.
    Any cooking spray that has lecithin as an ingredient should work.

wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wheels30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    PAM PAM PAM...**** is great

wrath_story is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wrath_story is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wrath_story is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wrath_story is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wrath_story is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wrath_story is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wrath_story is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wrath_story is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wrath_story is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wrath_story is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wrath_story is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i personally dont like the flavor of olive oil in my fried eggs. I use olive oil on just about anything else, but with eggs i stick with butter. and i know most people here are very anti-butter when it comes to counting up calories, but the flavor and taste of the eggs is delicious albeit a little greasy.

i too was thinking if i should cut the butter out of it, but problem is, olive oil, or vegetable oil just doesnt do it for me when it comes to eggs.

lax8267 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lax8267 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lax8267 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lax8267 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lax8267 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lax8267 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lax8267 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lax8267 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lax8267 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lax8267 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lax8267 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ...its called PAM, a wonder of modern cooking
    --
    "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."
    -Muhammad Ali

-E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use this brand, but the extra virgin olive oil one, stops the egg sticking to the pan but definately doesnt taste all that great, still good tho

My power is over 9000 RachelBringIt's Avatar
    RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000) RachelBringIt is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    I was willing to overlook the "pad", but olive and butter are very different things.
    Im just sayin what it says on the package
    [Stickam Crǝw]

"A taste for truth at any cost is a passion which spares nothing." - Albert Camus