MasterMoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need tips to improve my workout.

Hey, I've been lurking around in these forums for the past few weeks and would like to post my current workout plan and require some tips.

A bit about me; I started working out April after exams cuz I wanted to gain some weight. Initially, I looked pretty darn emaciated (6'1" 137lbs). I only managed to get to 150lbs by September as I was not very consistent.

I'm now at 156lbs and want to reach 180lbs by September 09.

I was told that for someone like me who wants to bulk up, my main concern should be my diet but that is a whole different discussion altogether. Not to mention my aweful sleeping habits.

I usually work out 2x90mins/week.

I rlly didn't have a set workout plan but rlly copied my friend's plan and changed it up a bit.

I'm rlly eager to see what you guys have to say.

I usually try and lift heavy at very few reps (5-8reps at 3-5reps) and do full body every day.

4sets x 7reps shoulder press
    4sets x 12reps shrugs
    3sets x 10reps leg press
    3sets x 8reps lateral pulldown
    3sets x 7reps back extensions with plate
    2sets x 10reps decline abs with plate
    3-4sets x5reps benchpress
    3-4sets x 6reps dips
    2sets x 8reps hamstring machine (dunno wtf it is called)
    2sets x 8reps quads machine
    3sets x10reps calf press on leg press machine
    3sets x 8reps barbell curls

On my rest days, I usually do a couple hundred pushups per day and try and fit in some bicep curls, bench dips, some glutes exercises, and some leg stuff here and there.

I then usually run for 10-15 minutes in the indoor track. That usually involves a single lap walking, one jogging, one sprinting and repeat till time is up.

For most of my exercises, if I'm not at failure by my last rep, I usually pump out more reps in my final set till i reach failure.

Now I've been called pussy**** for not doing squats or deadlifts. I'll probably add in some squats. Not too sure bout deadlifts though.

If you peeps need more info, just say so.

I'd rlly like to hear what you have to say. Please feel free to be as critical as you see fit as long as it is constructive advice.

Thanks and all the best.

startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ok ok. First off i love that u r doing full body routines. I find them to be the best way to train for me. I would suggest doing 3x per week for about 45 mins each instead of 2 for 90 mins. I would suggest cutting back on the volume. Focus on the compound lifts. u should def throw in the squats and deads (if u want). This is my routine currently.

Monday:
    Bench Press 1 set for 4-6 reps
    Rows 1 set for 5-8 reps
    Military Press 1 set for 5-8 reps
    Squats 1 set for 5-8 reps

Tuesday:
    Rack Deadlift 1 set for 4-6 reps
    DB Incline Press 1 set for 5-7 reps
    DB Military Presses 1 set for 5-8 reps
    Squat 1 set for 5-8 reps

Friday:
    same as monday

When i say 1 set that just means i do one work set to failure. I do a few warm up sets but they are not close to failure as to not exhaust the muscle. Eat like crazy. Im serious, u wont gain weight if u dont eat more than u are.

MasterMoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ummm. I prefer longer workouts. And the 2 long periods are sort of necessary due to my schedule.