last_rep08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why Do Protien Shakes Make Me Sick!!

Ok folks!!! Has anyone had problems with Protien shakes making your throat stuffy and your stomach upset. I have been out of the gym for almost a year and now Im back. I stopped at GNC about 2 weeks ago and pick up some Whey 60. I have never been big into the shakes and thought Id try. I tried it was 12 onces of water and tried it again with milk. I tried to drink them right after my work out and I feel like my throat is closing!! I this a common problem and has anyone heard of this? Any alternatives? Thanks for the replies in advance.

357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 357mag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think you just don't like the taste. If your body doesn't like the taste, you might get a gag reflex and might sicken your stomach. I would suggest a different brand or just hold your breath and think happy thoughts.

Isopure makes a product that goes down like coolade, I have also heard Nectar is good. Try different products to see what style you like, my guess is you are not liking it cuss of the taste, your closing your throat and you are having a gag like reflex making the acid in your stomach increase.
    A former shadow of myself

myofibrillar hypertrophy Wild_Weasel's Avatar
    Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds like an allergy to something. Check out the ingredient profile, narrow it down.
    YGBSM
    "In a world full of compromise, some men DON'T." - H&K slogan

"There aint no easy way, no there aint no easy way out." - BRMC

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112745771

Magnum Joe is a name known to all. (+5000) Magnum Joe is a name known to all. (+5000) Magnum Joe is a name known to all. (+5000) Magnum Joe is a name known to all. (+5000) Magnum Joe is a name known to all. (+5000) Magnum Joe is a name known to all. (+5000) Magnum Joe is a name known to all. (+5000) Magnum Joe is a name known to all. (+5000) Magnum Joe is a name known to all. (+5000) Magnum Joe is a name known to all. (+5000) Magnum Joe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Definetely ask your doctor's opinion before you start drinking them again.

Until you get to asking the doctor, I would make chicken, milk, and turkey your BEST friends.

second-chance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) second-chance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) second-chance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) second-chance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) second-chance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) second-chance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) second-chance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) second-chance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) second-chance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) second-chance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) second-chance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    GNC's prices make me sick.

As stated above it may be an allergy. Stop drinking them if you are having a reaction and get tested for food allergies.
    Never say die.

SanJo408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SanJo408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SanJo408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SanJo408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SanJo408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SanJo408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SanJo408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SanJo408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SanJo408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SanJo408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SanJo408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I took GNC strawberry flavor before and god damn that **** u really have to force down to your mouth down your throat then to your stomach, otherwise, it's kind of hard to drink. Especially if you're full, it's hard to drink.

You should try ON whey. They have really good flavors, and I doubt they'd make you sick

Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do you have any allergies to nuts?

Jigsaw-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jigsaw-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jigsaw-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jigsaw-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jigsaw-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jigsaw-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jigsaw-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jigsaw-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jigsaw-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jigsaw-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jigsaw-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First let me ask you this, why are you drinking protein shakes and when are you drinking protein shakes?

There's all sorts of different good sources of protein and the main 3 are...

Whey - Fast absorbing, great for after workouts
    Egg - Moderate absorbing, great for throughout the day
    Casein - Slow absorbing, great for nighttime or while you sleep to give your body a steady flow of protein and prevent catabolism

If your drinking protein shakes throughout the day I would drink either egg proteins, or start up MRPs (Meal Replacement Packs) like Myoplex Regular, thats what I drink. 42 grams of protein in each pack, along with carbs(whey, egg, and casein blend).

Really the only time you want to drink Whey is immediately AFTER working out, however you need carbs and sugars as well so I would recommend getting a tub of Optimal Nutritions 2:1:1 Recovery supplement. It comes in powder form and gives you both protein and carbs for after workout.

I stopped drinking straight up Whey a long time ago and I'm glad I did.

By the way, Whey and Casein are made from Dairy, Egg is made from Egg, and Soy Protein (which isn't nearly as good of quality) is made from Beans.

You could have an allergy to dairy products, if so then Egg is for you buddy!

GL
    "Corporate policies and procedures are designed for one thing; to harness the man to the plow for maximum production." - John Eldredge

My Epistane Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113017101
    My Pheraplex Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115181261

Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    some great flavors to try....

ON Whey : Double Rich Choc, Extreme Milk Choc, Chocolate Mint, Coffee
    Muscle milk : Chocolate, Vanilla cream, banana cream, cookies and cream

it sounds like you have an allergy problem though...no disgusting protein powder has ever made my throat "stuffy"

PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhobosWebDev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are you getting the feelings with water and milk?
    De Novo Lipogenesis

Life is Simple, make choices and don't look back.

JTFP12416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Protein and Whey or Milk Allergies
    Many protein shakes use whey, a component of milk, as the main source of protein. For individuals who have a milk allergy or intolerance to lactose, consumption can lead to symptoms such as nausea, abdominal pain and bronchial constriction that could cause light-headedness. An allergy to milk, which is the immune system's response to one or both of the proteins -- casein and whey -- in milk, differs significantly from lactose intolerance, a condition in which your body lacks enough of the enzyme lactase to digest milk. Both conditions can cause significant discomfort and can be avoided by choosing protein shakes that don't contain whey protein or lactose. see livestrong.com