apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apdunshiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to Increase THe number of Situps I can do fast? Serious Read..

So, i need to be able to do 53 sit ups in about 2 weeks. On Jan. 21st I leave for basic training, but before that, I need to be able to do 53 so my pay grade may be upgraded.

I already tried 53, but only did 23...my abs are totally weak and need to be able to do 53 in about two weeks.

Anyone have advice on how to get that number increased FAST?

I do ab exercises each day, but i don't think its helping..

Thanks
    April 2007 - Age 16 - 261lbs
    October 2009 - Age 19 - 180lbs
    Now - October 2010 - Age 20 - ~196.6lbs

Check Out My Personal Songs On Youtube!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/apdunshiz18#p/u/4/aOOe0xFdLeg

IwishIwasBuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwishIwasBuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwishIwasBuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwishIwasBuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwishIwasBuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwishIwasBuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwishIwasBuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwishIwasBuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwishIwasBuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwishIwasBuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwishIwasBuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would do weighted ones.

is on that pizza diet bodydropcris's Avatar
    bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodydropcris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    keep practicing!

samseed101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samseed101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samseed101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samseed101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samseed101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samseed101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samseed101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samseed101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samseed101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samseed101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) samseed101 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You need to more than double the amount you can do? And you only have 14 days to do it? I'm not so sure that is going to be possible.

Is this timed or no? I know that we are required to do X number of situps in 60 seconds. I was able to get 57 (was shooting for an even 60 but fatigued out near the end.) But it took years of core exercises and things like that to have the endurance to do that. Not that it's a great number, but it's not bad for a 31 year old.

How long do you have to do 53? I think it's going to be extremely hard to do if you have to do it in a certain time period with no rest.

Brb cutting (no emo) 2.0Tsunami's Avatar
    2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would start doing situps every chance I got.

I'm assuming you have 2mins do do them. That was the time when I was in the Navy. FWIW, you don't HAVE to go to bootcamp on that day. You can push back the date.

BTW, is this for an E-1 to E-2, or E-2 to E-3 advancement or something? Aren't there other things you can do to bump up your paygrade?
    "Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid." -Basil King

Registered User Scoobasteve4132's Avatar
    Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You'll be fine... They won't keep you from joining because of situps... You get plenty of situp training in BC, so no worries... I'd enjoy your freedom while you still have it...
    "Time is limited, so I better wake up every morning fresh and know that I have just one chance to live this particular day right, and to string my days together into a life of action and purpose." --Lance Armstrong

conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    do weighted ab work to quickly gain some strength... but that increase will still be rough
    Proud Member of the "I lost 100 Pounds Club"!

My Transformation Thread:
    .... new one coming soon!

Registered User Scoobasteve4132's Avatar
    Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoobasteve4132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looking at your stats, you're outta the height/weight standards... do you know if you're within the bf% standards?

Me, being 6'1" was supposed to be like 206... I was like 230ish, and like 18%... They tried putting me on a fat boy program, but when I ran a 9:00 mile and a half they change their minds...
    Last edited by Scoobasteve4132; 12-22-2008 at 08:53 AM.
    "Time is limited, so I better wake up every morning fresh and know that I have just one chance to live this particular day right, and to string my days together into a life of action and purpose." --Lance Armstrong

Jumbo Rider is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumbo Rider is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumbo Rider is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumbo Rider is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumbo Rider is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumbo Rider is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumbo Rider is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumbo Rider is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumbo Rider is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumbo Rider is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jumbo Rider is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ditto

Originally Posted by 1.8Tsunami View Post
    I would start doing situps every chance I got.

I'm assuming you have 2mins do do them. That was the time when I was in the Navy. FWIW, you don't HAVE to go to bootcamp on that day. You can push back the date.

BTW, is this for an E-1 to E-2, or E-2 to E-3 advancement or something? Aren't there other things you can do to bump up your paygrade?
    I second this thought. Every time you think of it drop and do sit-ups as fast as you can till you can't do any more. Remember that military sit-ups depend a great deal more on the hip flexors than your abs. This means that squats will help you a great deal as well. Good luck.
    Want to lose Weight?
    1. Eat every 3 hours
    2. Each time you eat 4-8oz protein 1-5 servings green veggies
    3. Carbs other than vegetables only after 1 hour workout and only if you must have them.
    4. Skip drinks that contain calories

Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Flutter kicks and leg raises will help quite a bit. Ask your recruiter for a few tips on technique if he hasn't already given them to you.

PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PTN_old is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by 1.8Tsunami View Post
    Aren't there other things you can do to bump up your paygrade?
    Please don't get married while your in the military.. I'm so tired of seeing soldiers get married while serving and then divorced while serving and then the government still has to provide military benefits for the ex. It should be a rule or your CO's job to make sure you don't get married while active. If the military wanted you to have a wife, they would issue you one.

brb getting bigger than u algforcek's Avatar
    algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

Originally Posted by Scoobasteve4132 View Post
    Looking at your stats, you're outta the height/weight standards... do you know if you're within the bf% standards?

Me, being 6'1" was supposed to be like 206... I was like 230ish, and like 18%... They tried putting me on a fat boy program, but when I ran a 9:00 mile and a half they change their minds...
    This is the one thing I truly dispise about being on active duty. We had a guy that was just buff and 5% bodyfat... maybe, and the Navy called him fat.

Dumb.

Thankfully, the Air Force is changing their PT tests. I really hope they add a common sense type of clause in there that commanders can use and say:

Ok, this dude is 6'1, 230, and 7% bodyfat... He is g2w...

Heh... jmho
    Hi JeNN!
    My weightloss journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111720161
    Cheat Meals: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111993701

Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pelk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PTN View Post
    Please don't get married while your in the military.. I'm so tired of seeing soldiers get married while serving and then divorced while serving and then the government still has to provide military benefits for the ex. It should be a rule or your CO's job to make sure you don't get married while active. If the military wanted you to have a wife, they would issue you one.
    Do you know how long you actually have to be married before the military is required to support the divorced spouse? Do you really think uncle sam hands out money that easily? If so than your sadly mistaken.