Endrit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Is Hot Sauce bad for you?

Allow me to repeat the question, is hot sauce bad for you?

I tend to put hot sauce in my rice, just a little red hot and that's practically it. Is that bad for you?

Actually I'm so afraid it scrues up with metabolism or something that I've switched to putting NoSalt(stuff that tastes like salt but it's a variety of mixed up chemicals that are probably even worse;but I don't care it cures my conscience) on my rice and pasta.

TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000)
    I heard somewhere that eating extremely spicy stuff for an extended period of time isnt very good for your digestive system. However, certain ethnicities are able to handle spices much better, such as indians, thais, and some other asian ethnicities. A little hot sauce should not hurt u at all.

simona_2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

speeds up metabolism

I have read from several sources that eating cayenne pepper and chilli powder with food infact speeds up the metabolism (of course in moderation). It contains a chemical beginning with C, (i think its capusium) or something like that. This is not bull ****, i have read it several times now.

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: speeds up metabolism

Hot sauce is perfectly fine.

Originally posted by simona_2k
    It contains a chemical beginning with C, (i think its capusium) or something like that. This is not bull ****, i have read it several times now.
    I have also heard the metabolism thing, but I dont know how much effect it really has. The chemical is capsaicin.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

Endrit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

I can swear I read somewhere that it's bad for you...........this is why I'm scared it is. But for some reason now I think I also read that eating cayenne pepper and etc is actully good for you.
    But yet for some reason I'm still scared...........anyone know any articles that talk about it??

simona_2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

yeah

yeah thats it, its probably only marginal but sometimes little things add up. I also try to avoid extra salt as many of the prepackaged foods already contain vast amounts of salt.

sandman64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's only hot sauce... people worry too much about little things. Think about it: hot sauce comes mostly from peppers, which are vegetables. You're basically asking if vegetables are bad to eat.
    HIT all the way!
    Bench Press up 75 lbs in 3 months!

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by sandman64
    It's only hot sauce... people worry too much about little things. Think about it: hot sauce comes mostly from peppers, which are vegetables. You're basically asking if vegetables are bad to eat.
    Thats true. All that is in hotsauce are peppers, vinegar, water, and salt usually. And think about how little you are using.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

monos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think too much hot sauce like really really hot stuff is bad for your esophogus(sp?). Not sure about that but if you have acid reflux or heart burn you should probably stay away from it...

ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think hot sauce has a lot of sodium. A "fire" packet in Taco Bell has about 600 mg, I think.

Agile, Mobile and Hostile MYNAMEIZGREG's Avatar
    MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Is Hot Sauce bad for you?

Originally posted by Endrit
    NoSalt(stuff that tastes like salt but it's a variety of mixed up chemicals that are probably even worse;but I don't care it cures my conscience) on my rice and pasta.
    try using a mixture of herbs and spices instead. No chemicals, and no salt .
    Making it my job to educate the younguns...
    --------------------------
    You didn't come here to make the choice. You've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it.

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by TricepsNGirls
    I heard somewhere that eating extremely spicy stuff for an extended period of time isnt very good for your digestive system. However, certain ethnicities are able to handle spices much better, such as indians, thais, and some other asian ethnicities. A little hot sauce should not hurt u at all.
    Hmmm are you sure that it's just the ethnicity and not the culture? Like my dad isn't indian or anything, but he puts hot sauce on his food every night. Ever heard of "Dave's Insanity" or "Possible Side Effects"? They are some of the hotter sauces out there, they've got warning labels about keeping away from animals, children etc. He couldn't eat it at first but now he eats a lot of it... and an oriental family we know wanted to try some because they liked spicy foods.. they said it was way too hot haha.

DTGG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTGG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTGG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTGG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTGG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTGG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTGG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTGG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTGG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTGG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTGG is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hot things are acctually also bad for the liver

Originally posted by DTGG
    hot things are acctually also bad for the liver
    Can you back this up?
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by breathingmurder
    Hmmm are you sure that it's just the ethnicity and not the culture? Like my dad isn't indian or anything, but he puts hot sauce on his food every night. Ever heard of "Dave's Insanity" or "Possible Side Effects"? They are some of the hotter sauces out there, they've got warning labels about keeping away from animals, children etc. He couldn't eat it at first but now he eats a lot of it... and an oriental family we know wanted to try some because they liked spicy foods.. they said it was way too hot haha.
    Yea i definitely agree with you about the culture. Some people eat hot foods forever and they develop the ability to eat crazy stuff.