dathan1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dathan1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dathan1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dathan1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dathan1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dathan1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Fat Loss and Quick

Hello people....My name is Eric...
    I'll get some pic on here soon.....Well I use to be pretty active, and I was not as fat as I am now. But I got married and lazy, and now I am very much over weight, and now it is to the point that it is effecting my health. I am 239 pounds and only 5'8. I have a very wide build, but still I look and feel horrible. I am going to the gym, but I dont know what to do...Because when I used to go, it was only to get cut up even more than what I was....But now...I am a fat slob...I've got tits and everything...and I've got to loose this weight..The supps I have in my possession right now is Animal pack, Cytosport muscle milk, Cytosport MRP, and the cytosport fast twitch. What are my goals...I want to be at least 190 and cut. How i use to be....I am still a fast runner believe it or not...but after that I go in to cardiac arrest. I do not care what I have to change....But I will change....someone...please help!

Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Get your diet in check first, eating clean and at a calorie defecit, and keep up with REGULAR, CONSISTENT cardio.

Stick with running if you're good at it, and you enjoy it. If you find that going hammer and tongs makes you feel ill .. then tone it down a bit for the first few weeks. Work up in distance or speed over time, going all out from day 1 is likely not the best way in your case.

Diet and cardio - that's the two key, general directives.

frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankiethekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey congrats on wanting to change your habits. The first thing you should do is get your metabolism in top shape, consume 4-6 meals a day and drink at least 100 oz of water daily. This way your body burns alot of calories. The most important thing i think is what your putting in your body. I dont know what your diet looks like now but try to consume mostly protein and of course you need carbs, but try to make them the good kind like brown rice, wheat bread, green veggies, potatoes etc. . . These will digest slowly and are good for you. Dont consume any sugars like candy bards or sodas or anything like that. Stay away from fried foods. For your drinks, try to drink mostly water and ice tea, this way you get all your calories from your food. No matter how hard you workout it wont really help if your eating bad food. As far as the gym, i would do a lifting routine, do a whole body routine for the first 3-4 weeks, doing 2 exercises per bodypart, 3 sets per exercise and 10 reps per set, lift heavy, but not so heavy that you cant complete your reps. Then after that, do chest/triceps on one day, back/biceps and shoulders/legs, this will target the more specific muscle groups. Try to do cardio 6 days a week, start on a treadmill, walk at an incline of at least 12% for 20 minutes at 3.0 mph, you will burn good calories. All these combined will give you good results, but just make sure to consume healthy foods, not sugary carbs and fats. Stay around 2000-2500 calories for now and decrease as your losing fat. If you need more info just let me know, good luck.

Originally Posted by dathan1 View Post
    Hello people....My name is Eric...
    I'll get some pic on here soon.....Well I use to be pretty active, and I was not as fat as I am now. But I got married and lazy, and now I am very much over weight, and now it is to the point that it is effecting my health. I am 239 pounds and only 5'8. I have a very wide build, but still I look and feel horrible. I am going to the gym, but I dont know what to do...Because when I used to go, it was only to get cut up even more than what I was....But now...I am a fat slob...I've got tits and everything...and I've got to loose this weight..The supps I have in my possession right now is Animal pack, Cytosport muscle milk, Cytosport MRP, and the cytosport fast twitch. What are my goals...I want to be at least 190 and cut. How i use to be....I am still a fast runner believe it or not...but after that I go in to cardiac arrest. I do not care what I have to change....But I will change....someone...please help!
    Started AGAIN on May 18, 2014 - 395 pounds - - - - - > 50 pounds down in less than Eight weeks, but still a long way to go.

Throughout the years I have lost over 120 pounds in less than 7 months, and 50 or more pounds on 5 separate occassions, only to gain it back and more every single time. It's going to be different this time, the change will be PERMANENT.

"There are alot more things to enjoy in life than food"

NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As far as fat loss is concerned, you don't need all those supplements. It's better to spend your money on food, a good protein powder, and a good multivitamin.

As far as fat loss is concerned, it's really simple: eat less than your body requires. Cut out all processed sugars, refined carbs, and junk food. Keep your carbs relegated to whole grains and to the first part of the day. The rest of the time, eat lean proteins and healthy fats such as from nuts. I'd say that, for your body weight, a good calorie intake would be 2600-2800 per day.

Keeping track of your calories and what you eat is the first step. The next step is simple exercise. I'd recommend doing 4-5 sessions of 30-45 minute cardio per week. Going at a moderate speed on an elliptical trainer would be a great way to do this. This is how you'll burn the bulk of your calories. If it's too much to start off with, ease into it through 3 days of 30 minutes or so per week, and gradually increase your time as you go along.

For your weight training, a simple three day lifting routine to maintain a build a few pounds of lean mass would be ideal. Do some research on google and go with a routine that contains the core movements: bench press, squat, deadlift, and some horizonal pressing movement like overhead press or military press (strict form.)

Basically, you're wanting to preserve muscle tissue while you're dieting; but because you're just beginning, you'll probably notice some immediate gains which is great for your metabolism. Your weight training will be a means to this end: it'll preserve your lean mass while you're losing fat. You can worry about gaining muscle and massive strength after you're at a more comfortable body weight.

That's really all there is to it: watch your calories, clean up your diet, and exercise regularly.

Good luck!

dathan1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dathan1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dathan1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dathan1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dathan1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dathan1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    how do I count calories and stuff...I've never done it...when is the best time to work out....and like right now....I am fixing a beef stew with lots of veggies and brown rice....it's cold here in kansas....I dont eat in the morning, and I should drink more water....But would the animal pack work for a good multi-V.....since it really is a multiV on roids...

NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You'll get a lot of different answers, but in my opinion and experience, the best time to do your low intensity cardio is in the morning on an empty stomach. Your lifting can be done in the morning, afternoon or evening, whichever is better for you.

You'll definitely have to eat in the morning, especially if you do your cardio then. I've noticed that most overweight people I know never eat in the morning, and I was the same way when I was younger. Not doing so will negatively affect your metabolism.

Counting calories is easy: read the label on everything you eat, and write it all down. Figure up how much of what you've had for each meal, and calculate the grand total at the end of the day. If you've gone over, fix it. If you're under, fix it.

Keep your carbs to the first part of the day... for breakfast and lunch, preferably.

Yes, AnimalPak will work, but it is expensive. Look up Twinlab. They offer a 6 month supply of multivitamins under $30, if I remember correctly. It's available here at bodybuilding.com's store.

Do some research on google and you'll find plenty of information, far more than we can give at any one time.

dalessandro12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dalessandro12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dalessandro12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dalessandro12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dalessandro12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dalessandro12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dalessandro12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dalessandro12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dalessandro12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dalessandro12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dalessandro12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how do I count calories and stuff...I've never done it...when is the best time to work out....and like right now....I am fixing a beef stew with lots of veggies and brown rice....it's cold here in kansas....I dont eat in the morning, and I should drink more water....But would the animal pack work for a good multi-V.....since it really is a multiV on roids...
    Hi,

What I do is use calorie-count.com to count my calories, they don't have everything on there, but if the exact food isn't on there you can find a similar one to get the idea of what you are taking in. For weight loss, I have heard that working out first thing in the morning is best because you are burning off the fat instead of calories from a meal. I wake up and do 20 minutes of cardio and then a short 20-30 minute lifting routine then follow it up with a protein filled breakfast of either a whey protein shake or egg whites and wheat bread.

Also, you want to make sure that you eat 1-2 hours of waking up to kickstart your metabolism. Even if it is a whey protein shake, you will get some protein and your body will soak it up because it hasn't eaten for at least 8 hours. On that note, make sure you sleep enough so your muscles can recover from lifting.

Daniel

Yeah....AniPak is expensive...for only 40 days...Now is muscle milk a good protien shake to start the day or cytosports MRP..go to start the day...I was going to work out tomomrow...but it's 12 and it's too late...and I will barely get up at 6 which is not good...

Here is a big question for you guys...I really only like going with one company for my supps....is this possible....and if so...who would you recommend....I understand that at this point i really dont need to worry about supps, and as much as sleep, diet, and working out

izzylicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) izzylicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) izzylicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) izzylicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) izzylicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) izzylicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) izzylicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) izzylicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) izzylicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) izzylicious will become famous soon enough. (+50) izzylicious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think u are depending on supplements too much , supplements will NOT show any good results if u do not work out ur best. and with a super healthy diet , think of supplements as something like this. when u do carido for 20 minutes , instead of burning 500 calorie , u burn 800. so u will burn when u do the carido. and if u dont eat healthy and with calorie deflict then u wont lose weight cauze those are burnt off the food , not the stored fat.
    sleep well also for ur muscles to rebuild and eat when u wake up.
    i usually run on empty stomache , but sometimes i do it before i sleep. varies. do w.e u feel comfortable with.

BoMiX6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoMiX6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, I have not read what everyone else has to say, but i'll give you my opinion on what i've read from you. First of all, a large portion of this, almost all of it really is going to be diet. You need to gert that diet in check, and drop those calories, i'd say 2200 a day. If your diet hasnt changed much from when you werent lazy and carrying around that extra weight(wife), then you know your metabolism has slowed significantly and you need to do things to start speeding it up.

Get away from the beer, and the soft drinks, drink water, it feeds your metabolism. Eat regular, every 2 or 3 hours, and eat clean, lets say 300 calories as a place to shoot for. Lots of green vegies and cut back on carbs, if you eat carbs, let it be brown rice, oatmeal, yams stuff like that. Lots of lean meats, and oh ya, drink lots of water.

At the gym, I would have to say that you should warm up with five minutes of light cardio, followed by a routine of high fast paced weight lifting. Keep youir rest periods short, and your reps high. You sounds like you already haver a musclular frame so you shouldnt need the heavy heavy weights right now for building, we are just gonna get your body burning calories, and defining these muscles. After your workout, and I don't care if people say do light cardio after a heavy workout, get in there, and bust your ass on some good HIIT, or just good ole sweating your ass off for 20 minutes, and that sweat is what we wanna see. Now remember, as far as I can remember, your aproximate heart rate for fat loss is probably around 120-130, so if you can use a heart rate monitor or the contact pads on the machine, go by that.

Now on your off days, guess who is going to be in teh gym for an hour of straight cardio, or cardio and abs, or cardio and some other msucle group, ya you, just because your only lifting 5 days a week or 4 days a week doesnt mean cardio cant be done on the off days, if you want it, get it, you gotta do the work.

As for supplements, I do not think you are trying to rely on supplements too much, your barely taking anything, but what you do need to look at is getting some good omega 3's, a good multi vitamin, and a good protein for fat loss. I mean don't get me wrong, I love Muscle Milk, tastes amazing, but, but, its not the best product out there when it comes to losing weight. Its more of a well, muscle building protein where losingg fat isnt exactly an issue. I use ON 100% Whey, it tastes great, its affordable, and it will do the job.

I dunno if i've just spun my tires or something, and maybe everyone has all said the same thing, but I think this should get you started.
    The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens.

I dig that....Well I will have to get to work. Because this sucks....

So now that christmas is here, what do I do too keep from getting even larger than what i am.

So now that christmas is here, what do I do too keep from getting even larger than what i am.
    Don't overeat, and exercise. Exactly what you do to keep from getting fatter year round. Self control is a hell of a thing.

BoMiX6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoMiX6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's called moderation, eat things in moderation, don't have 2 servings of everything, have one, dont eat three or four desserts have 1, and so on and so on, moderation might not help you lose weight, but most diets are based on the fact that its moderation we need, not complete change.
    The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens.

wes_mantooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) wes_mantooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) wes_mantooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) wes_mantooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) wes_mantooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) wes_mantooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) wes_mantooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) wes_mantooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) wes_mantooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) wes_mantooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) wes_mantooth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude, everybody has already told you what you need to do. Burn more calories than you consume.

Registered User PILGOR-THE-GOAT's Avatar
    PILGOR-THE-GOAT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PILGOR-THE-GOAT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PILGOR-THE-GOAT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PILGOR-THE-GOAT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PILGOR-THE-GOAT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PILGOR-THE-GOAT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ya for christmas enjoy yourself, but in moderation like these ppl have said. If you want, maybe just focus on getting your diet in check, figuring out your workout schedule, get all of the planning out of the way before christmas. This way you can hit the ground running after the holidays. Don't worry this won't suck once you start seeing progress. Don't panic if you don't see it right away, you might just have to fine tune the diet for a couple weeks.
    Good luck!

will some one be kind enough to help develop a workout plan....For the first few weeks...I plan on getting this started on Jan 2. Right now, I've got the stomach flu.....so...there goes some weight.....

will some one be kind enough to help develop a workout plan....For the first few weeks...I plan on getting this started on Jan 2. Right now, I've got the stomach flu.....so...there goes some weight.....
    Lifting routine:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752

Cardio: 30-45 minutes, 4 days per week. Either fasted or after lifting. Moderate intensity.

Simple and effective.

hummmmmm, any other suggestions....

hummmmmm, any other suggestions....
    Besides lifting and cardio? No, not really.

There are plenty of other lifting routines and approaches out there, just search for them.

Mr.Turner what about a workout like this....
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/work...son=&email=&E1[]=Flat+Barbell+Bench+Presses&R1[]=10-12&S1[]=4&E1[]=Incline+Dumbell+Presses&R1[]=10-12&S1[]=3&E1[]=Dips&R1[]=10-12&S1[]=3&E1[]=Cable+Crossovers&R1[]=12-15&S1[]=3&E1[]=Chins&R1[]=10-12&S1[]=4&E1[]=T-Bar+Rows&R1[]=10-12&S1[]=4&E1[]=Pulldowns&R1[]=10-12&S1[]=4&E1[]=One-Arm+Rows&R1[]=10-12&S1[]=3&sy1[]=Monday&sy1[]=Thursday&E2[]=Front+Military+Presses&R2[]=10%2C%2C8%2C6%2C10&S2[]=4&E2[]=Side+Lateral+Raises&R2[]=8-10&S2[]=4&E2[]=One-Arm+Cable+Raises&R2[]=10-12&S2[]=3&E2[]=Barbell+Shrugs&R2[]=10-12&S2[]=3&E2[]=Dumbell+Shrugs&R2[]=12-15&S2[]=3&E2[]=Reverse+Pushdowns&R2[]=10-12&S2[]=4&E2[]=Lying+Triceps+Extensions&R2[]=10-12&S2[]=4&E2[]=Standing+Barbell+Curls&R2[]=10-12&S2[]=4&E2[]=Concentration+Curls&R2[]=10-12&S2[]=4&sy2[]=Tuesday&sy2[]=Friday&E3[]=Squats&R3[]=10-12&S3[]=4&E3[]=Hack+Squats&R3[]=12-15&S3[]=4&E3[]=Leg+Extensions&R3[]=12-15&S3[]=3&E3[]=Lying+Leg+Curls&R3[]=12-15&S3[]=4&E3[]=Standing+Calf+Raises&R3[]=15-20&S3[]=4&E3[]=Crunches&R3[]=20-30&S3[]=3&E3[]=Roman-Chair+Situps&R3[]=20-30&S3[]=3&sy3[]=Wednesday&sy3[]=Saturday&exercount=24&s2r=

Mr.Turner what about a workout like this....
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/work...son=&email=&E1[]=Flat+Barbell+Bench+Presses&R1[]=10-12&S1[]=4&E1[]=Incline+Dumbell+Presses&R1[]=10-12&S1[]=3&E1[]=Dips&R1[]=10-12&S1[]=3&E1[]=Cable+Crossovers&R1[]=12-15&S1[]=3&E1[]=Chins&R1[]=10-12&S1[]=4&E1[]=T-Bar+Rows&R1[]=10-12&S1[]=4&E1[]=Pulldowns&R1[]=10-12&S1[]=4&E1[]=One-Arm+Rows&R1[]=10-12&S1[]=3&sy1[]=Monday&sy1[]=Thursday&E2[]=Front+Military+Presses&R2[]=10%2C%2C8%2C6%2C10&S2[]=4&E2[]=Side+Lateral+Raises&R2[]=8-10&S2[]=4&E2[]=One-Arm+Cable+Raises&R2[]=10-12&S2[]=3&E2[]=Barbell+Shrugs&R2[]=10-12&S2[]=3&E2[]=Dumbell+Shrugs&R2[]=12-15&S2[]=3&E2[]=Reverse+Pushdowns&R2[]=10-12&S2[]=4&E2[]=Lying+Triceps+Extensions&R2[]=10-12&S2[]=4&E2[]=Standing+Barbell+Curls&R2[]=10-12&S2[]=4&E2[]=Concentration+Curls&R2[]=10-12&S2[]=4&sy2[]=Tuesday&sy2[]=Friday&E3[]=Squats&R3[]=10-12&S3[]=4&E3[]=Hack+Squats&R3[]=12-15&S3[]=4&E3[]=Leg+Extensions&R3[]=12-15&S3[]=3&E3[]=Lying+Leg+Curls&R3[]=12-15&S3[]=4&E3[]=Standing+Calf+Raises&R3[]=15-20&S3[]=4&E3[]=Crunches&R3[]=20-30&S3[]=3&E3[]=Roman-Chair+Situps&R3[]=20-30&S3[]=3&sy3[]=Wednesday&sy3[]=Saturday&exercount=24&s2r=
    The link didn't work for me and I can't make much of this block of text; but any routine that allows for enough recovery and enough intensity to maintain LBM is fine. I'd recommend against 5 and 6 day routines, especially if you're just starting out. Since you're dieting anyway, you're not going to build muscle that efficiently, and for simple maintenance a 3 day routine may be best. This will allow you to focus on your cardio and maintaining a calorie/carb deficit to lose your weight.

You can experiment and play around with different routines and approaches and see what works best for you.

sorry about the screwed up link...but...I get what you are saying...

So 3 days of Cardio/weights would be great....I am thinking about 2 hours at the Gym would be great....for that much work...

ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by NathanTurner View Post
    As far as fat loss is concerned, you don't need all those supplements. It's better to spend your money on food, a good protein powder, and a good multivitamin.

As far as fat loss is concerned, it's really simple: eat less than your body requires. Cut out all processed sugars, refined carbs, and junk food. Keep your carbs relegated to whole grains and to the first part of the day. The rest of the time, eat lean proteins and healthy fats such as from nuts. I'd say that, for your body weight, a good calorie intake would be 2600-2800 per day.

Keeping track of your calories and what you eat is the first step. The next step is simple exercise. I'd recommend doing 4-5 sessions of 30-45 minute cardio per week. Going at a moderate speed on an elliptical trainer would be a great way to do this. This is how you'll burn the bulk of your calories. If it's too much to start off with, ease into it through 3 days of 30 minutes or so per week, and gradually increase your time as you go along.

For your weight training, a simple three day lifting routine to maintain a build a few pounds of lean mass would be ideal. Do some research on google and go with a routine that contains the core movements: bench press, squat, deadlift, and some horizonal pressing movement like overhead press or military press (strict form.)

Basically, you're wanting to preserve muscle tissue while you're dieting; but because you're just beginning, you'll probably notice some immediate gains which is great for your metabolism. Your weight training will be a means to this end: it'll preserve your lean mass while you're losing fat. You can worry about gaining muscle and massive strength after you're at a more comfortable body weight.

That's really all there is to it: watch your calories, clean up your diet, and exercise regularly.

Good luck!

You give wise advice. I started losing weight quick when I started doing 4 30 minute elliptical sessions a day.

yeah....I found a good work out I am going to start with....it's called the Killer Training. In the summer all I plan on doing is running and working on my heavy bag....Nate ....take a look at the Killer training, and see what you think!