revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question Joints a popping...

Wasnt sure where else to post it , more of a general health question. When i do certain movements, my joints tend to pop. My knees and shoulders mostly. Is there anything i can take to help prevent this for the futur ?Not usually during an exercise but normal daily activities. Bending my knee at a certain angle , it sometimes pops . You get the idea.Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Nicholas

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you feel pain?
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) revoman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No pain just a popping noise . Not sure why is does it all the time but it does.

Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by revoman View Post
    No pain just a popping noise . Not sure why is does it all the time but it does.
    Maybe you just need to lower the weight a bit? I'm thinking your joints just arent used to the weight just yet.

clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Unless it's causing you pain or any other lasting sensations, I wouldn't worry about it. It's normal to have a few pops every now and then.
    I'm the Seoul Man

Originally Posted by Handsupfoo View Post
    Maybe you just need to lower the weight a bit? I'm thinking your joints just arent used to the weight just yet.
    reread my original post .

Originally Posted by clswon View Post
    Unless it's causing you pain or any other lasting sensations, I wouldn't worry about it. It's normal to have a few pops every now and then.
    I will try and ignore it , hopefully it doesnt turn into something worse.
    Thanks

Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, I did. I'm trying to say maybe certain muscles aren't used to it yet, while others are. That's what happened to my knee cap a while back. It wasn't that bad, but then one day, BAM! It snapped. I needed surgery.

I'd try isolation exercises or something, Just throwing in my two cents.

x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50) x0rcist will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My elbows click when I do tricep pulldowns. It isn't painful or anything it's just an annoyance when you hear it. I just blast my headphones then I can't hear it and it doesn't bother me. Would be nice to know what's going on with it though.

mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    my left elbow pops during skull crushers and extensions, i can feel it pop but there's no pain, i've experienced this for more than 3 years now.

clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clswon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by revoman View Post
    I will try and ignore it , hopefully it doesnt turn into something worse.
    Thanks
    It's probably from something tighting up inside or things moving around and getting into positions that cause popping when you move. I know sometimes when I squat down at work early in the morning (especially when it's winter) my knees pop when I stand up. Once I move around and get my blood flowing, it goes away. It could also be from being in one position for a while and then straightening out.

Like I said before, it's totally normal and unless it becomes increasingly frequent or painful, then I would go get it checked out. You could also try glucosamine or flax seed oil to help keep your joints lubed and healthy.
    I'm the Seoul Man

DumbbellDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DumbbellDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DumbbellDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DumbbellDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DumbbellDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DumbbellDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    revoman: i've had the same problem throughout my life with my knees shoulders and hips. they don't hurt when they pop, but only the hips and shoulders every once in a while.
    i started doing rotator cuff exercises to help out my shoulders, and after 3 weeks of exercising, this last week my shoulders didn't pop when i benched for the first time. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/imag...lrotation1.jpg & http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/imag...lrotation2.jpg
    They're cable internal and external rotations like in the pictures. I have also tried an exercise called the Cuban press or something like that, but even with very low weight on the EZ curl bar, it still hurt my cuffs. i don't reccomend that exercise.

For my knees, i would train my hamstrings intensely. A personal trainer that i knew who had reconstructive knee surgery told me that hamstrings aren't usually trained hard enough. So, after I deadlifted or did other leg exercises, I would do at least 3 sometimes 4 sets of standing/laying hamstring curls. within 2-3 weeks, my knees almost didn't pop at all. so stretch out those hammies and hit em up with those gurl curls! lol, it helped me.
    -as for the hips, still haven't figured that one out but o well. hope this helped.
    NO EXCUSES!

Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are you telling me that on the eighth day of christmas your workout gave to you four joins a popping?
    100% Natural

Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
    Are you telling me that on the eighth day of christmas your workout gave to you four joins a popping?
    Originally Posted by DumbbellDave View Post
    revoman: i've had the same problem throughout my life with my knees shoulders and hips. they don't hurt when they pop, but only the hips and shoulders every once in a while.
    i started doing rotator cuff exercises to help out my shoulders, and after 3 weeks of exercising, this last week my shoulders didn't pop when i benched for the first time. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/imag...lrotation1.jpg & http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/imag...lrotation2.jpg
    They're cable internal and external rotations like in the pictures. I have also tried an exercise called the Cuban press or something like that, but even with very low weight on the EZ curl bar, it still hurt my cuffs. i don't reccomend that exercise.

For my knees, i would train my hamstrings intensely. A personal trainer that i knew who had reconstructive knee surgery told me that hamstrings aren't usually trained hard enough. So, after I deadlifted or did other leg exercises, I would do at least 3 sometimes 4 sets of standing/laying hamstring curls. within 2-3 weeks, my knees almost didn't pop at all. so stretch out those hammies and hit em up with those gurl curls! lol, it helped me.
    -as for the hips, still haven't figured that one out but o well. hope this helped.
    lol funny man , on another note , i did started doing rotator cuff today for the first time , and will continue to do so for awhile. Any advice for how often to do them ?

DumbbellDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DumbbellDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DumbbellDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DumbbellDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DumbbellDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DumbbellDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well i suppose it depends on your workout for how much to do cuff exercises. i personally JUST got on a workout routine where i am doing each muscle group once a week (5 day/week). I do chest on monday, so after my chest workout i do my cuff exercises because you NEVER, let me repeat that, NEVER do cuff exercises before you put a lot of weight on your shoulder (bench press, military press). If you do, your just asking for a damaged shoulder joint, and a ****ty bench/military press, etc. anyway. I do sets of 12-16 reps. i try to keep the weight low and reps high for these. and its easy to get out of form with them. i will hold my sleeve on the arm i'm exercising to keep it close to my body, and focus on just my shoulder rotating, without any kind of shrug movement. good luck
    NO EXCUSES!

xlpodereality has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlpodereality has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think that a regular and thorough stretching routine would help ease up the popping somewhat.

orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Joints pop for a myriad of reasons . . . if it doesn't hurt I wold just ignore it. If it starts hurting, seek treatment.

So far no pain so that's a good sign. I'm still going to continue with the rotator cuff movements.Hopefully this will help improve a little. Any ideas to what a good stretching routine would be ? I usually do one after my workouts on the stretching station. Pretty basic stuff. I am looking for something a little more advanced i guess in terms of stretching.

Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I get poppin in my shoulders and knees but no pain. Hence, I just train through it and not worry about it.
    "Shut up and lift!"
    "Eat big to get big."
    "Deadlift and grow."
    'Train, Eat, Sleep."
    "Knowledge is power."
    "What does not kill you, will make you stronger."

Ergo sum fortissimus.

user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Juggernaut33 View Post
    I get poppin in my shoulders and knees but no pain. Hence, I just train through it and not worry about it.
    I get the popping too. I've started RC exercises as a preventative measure. I get clicks in my ankles and knees sometimes too. They are getting better slowly. Just stretch thoroughly, warm up thoroughly and do not go too heavy too fast. If you do all these and the RC exercises you can not do much more. Oh, and also make sure you do rear delt rows as a means of preventing overloading on the anterior delts.