dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Can some muscles be trained everyday - abs, calves, forearms?

Hi, I am just starting out at 35 and have been reading a lot but I am still confused in this area.

I know that muscles need time to grow and recover, but I see that many people suggest training abs (almost) every day.

My forearms are quite weak and are letting me down on some exercises, I know that they will get stronger by just working out but would it help if I did Wrist Curls/Reverse Wrist Curls on a daily basis (or 6 days a week) to get them up to speed?

Also, if it is true that certain muscles can be trained every day, than would calves raises also fit into this category?

Thanks.
    --
    Journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113888301

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You can train any muscle everyday - at least for a while but this is not the best way of doing it. Do yourself a favour and read up on dual factor theory.

Sergej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think abs and forearms must be trained every time you go to fitness(I think this is good-I have forearms almost that big as biceps) ,other muscles only when they are in training program.

Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've always been under the assumption abs can be trained everyday. My buddy is ripped and he trains them everyday. I started doing them almost every workout by sectioning them up. One day I will work on my upper abs, another i will work on lower abs, then I will work on obliques another day. As for forearms i am not sure but it probably wouldnt be a bad idea if they are hindering your workouts. I would maybe do them every other day to start.
    "Trust yourself, break some rules, don't be afraid to fail, ignore the naysayers, work like hell, and always give something back" Arnold Schwarzenegger

Vegetarian, before you ask where I get my protein do some research

ZzW3iZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZzW3iZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZzW3iZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZzW3iZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZzW3iZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZzW3iZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZzW3iZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZzW3iZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZzW3iZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZzW3iZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZzW3iZ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Depends how your body will react. Your calves, forearms and abs get constant stimulation through out the day as is. Not to mention through out almost every workout. I personally wouldn't do it 6 days a week, but every other day would be good. On a leg day or back day I wouldn't think of attacking my abs, but thats me
    owe reps to:

Reps owed to me
    ForThe_lulz,captain_k

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Lifter4Life59 View Post
    I've always been under the assumption abs can be trained everyday. My buddy is ripped and he trains them everyday. I started doing them almost every workout by sectioning them up. One day I will work on my upper abs, another i will work on lower abs, then I will work on obliques another day. As for forearms i am not sure but it probably wouldnt be a bad idea if they are hindering your workouts. I would maybe do them every other day to start.
    Getting ripped is mostly about losing body fat. If you exercise everyday, chances are you will have low bodyfat. However, it is not the best way to make them grow. Not everyone wants their abdominals to grow because their waists get thicker.

dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmtc73 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Sounds interesting

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You can train any muscle everyday - at least for a while but this is not the best way of doing it. Do yourself a favour and read up on dual factor theory.
    With this method then, I could just go every other day for a period of 4 weeks and see what happens..

Thanks - Repped
    --
    Journal

You could do - and then you would need to deload.

If you are a beginner it is not recommended. Usually, the advice is to train any given muscle 2-3 times per week (depending on intensity). Why this is the case, I am not sure. Perhaps beginners are not so good at being able to tell when they need to deload.

Repped for reading and understanding!

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I look at this way. The more a muscle is worked and broken down the more time it will require to recover. A muscle can be broken down with endurance or high intensity activities. Or usually a combination of the two. The central nervous system also needs rest.

Recover times are very individualistic. Age, health, diet, and fitness level all play a role. Not even to mention illegal drugs that aid in recovery like steroids.

OP...There is no way to put a set number on it for everyone. I listen carefully to the way my body feels and that tells me what to do. If I have a planned work out but know I'm tired I won't do it. I rest. In the past, I went ahead and did it anyways. I ended more exhausted and wasted my time. I've gotten smarter with my training over the years. So...I would recommend for you to create a solid workout plan and then see how your body reacts to it and adjust accordingly. This includes abs, calves or any muscle.

Truth fears no questions FlexinMike's Avatar
    FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000) FlexinMike is just really nice. (+1000)
    I train calves and abs about 3-5 days a week and it has worked out better for me.
    I thought I was strong till I watched my wife fight through GBS.I could only dream to have as much strength and will power as her!

Co-owner of Flex N Style™

Thanks everyone for some quick and good responses. I now have some ideas to play with and see what works for me..
    --
    Journal

T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-BarSteak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wouldnt train them everyday, yes they are endurance muscles but I would train them on day on/day off method, or 3-4 times a week with at least 48 hours in between workouts, I'd mix the reps up aswell, try high reps mainly but give them some heavy low reps aswell!
    I'm not a bodybuilder, I'm a Strongman, lifting/carrying big, getting big!

scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50) scootz-two will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by T-BarSteak View Post
    I wouldnt train them everyday, yes they are endurance muscles but I would train them on day on/day off method, or 3-4 times a week with at least 48 hours in between workouts, I'd mix the reps up aswell, try high reps mainly but give them some heavy low reps aswell!
    this mans right^ do drop sets on some things, like 6-8 heavy reps than burnout with no weight for 15-25 or even more! than go puke, repeat, than come back here and tell me how it went
    ********.com/NoDaysOffTraining
    Twitter @scootz2
    "what we do in life echoes in eternity"

gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I trained my calves everyday thats the only time they grew. Abs I wouldnt do everyday but everyones different
    VAG Crew

tlray2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I really think you need at least one day rest. Everyone is different though just try it and see if you grow.
    Travis