-Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    er, are you in the military?
    Has your body weight/composition changed since you broke your leg?
    old broken soldier
    ACPT, NSCA
    Hughumanity.org
    Remembering the fallen

Stasher1 - Reps owed

-Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well you have 5 weeks so that's good.
    Don't try to run the whole 5 weeks, you need to work into it slowly.
    Let's start by focusing on cardio vascular exercises like biking, elliptical..ing than work up to stair stepping and running.

Here's a good routine I like to do to build cardio without getting bored *my biggest problem with cardio*

Elliptical 1 mile
    Run 1 mile at 8-12 min mile pace
    Row 2000 meters
    Bicycle 5 miles

That's good for beginners and usually takes about 45-1hr
    What you want to concentrate on is bringing your heart rate up, if you have a HR monitor it helps. Get your heart rate up and hold it in the high 'cardiovascular zone' than slow it down when you need to. You can work on sprints as well if you want.
    Your goal here is time, you want to try and speed up the workout and finish it a few minutes quicker each time.
    Once you feel your ready I would say start adding distance to your run and reducing distance from the elliptical. If you can run 3 miles at a 7:30 pace than you will do fine on a 2 mile run.
    old broken soldier
    ACPT, NSCA
    Hughumanity.org
    Remembering the fallen

Stasher1 - Reps owed

Cutting like Diamonds OmniscientCause's Avatar
    OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    train for 20 mins for 2 weeks then 30 mins one week then 40 mins the next etc and keep the same pace each week. Your 2 mile time will greatly improve. You might want to add some 800 meters on at 75-85 percent 4 sets do it 2 times a week instead of a long run and u could do 1000 meters as well too. These will help increase speed and endurance and the long runs will give u the base u need

Don't like it. Using his with a variation. Day 1 2 3 doesnt mean back to back.
    Could be Mon thur sun or whatever tickles your fancy.

Week 1:
    day 1 Run 1 Mile
    day 2 Walk 1 Mile
    day 3 Run 1 Mile

Week 2:
    day 1 Run 1.5 Mile
    day 2 Walk 1 mile run 1 mile
    day 3 Run 2 mile

Week 3:
    day 1 Run 2 mile
    day 2 Run 2.5 mile
    day 3 Run 3 mile

Build up, running comes back pretty easily. After taking a year off of running it only took me 2 months to be able to run 12 miles with no problem.
    old broken soldier
    ACPT, NSCA
    Hughumanity.org
    Remembering the fallen

Stasher1 - Reps owed

Cutting like Diamonds OmniscientCause's Avatar
    OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    a workout similar to what i posted is what i used my senior year in hs when i ran distance and i ran with an all american that runs 2 miles in like 8:30 something.