gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Did I tear my bicep???

Just came back from the gym, had chest/bi's and noticed this on my right bicep.. is it a tear?

sorry for the poor quality, took the pics with my cellphone
    Attached Images

Pressuah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressuah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressuah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressuah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressuah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressuah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressuah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressuah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressuah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressuah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressuah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    Just came back from the gym, had chest/bi's and noticed this on my right bicep.. is it a tear?

hickey maybe?
    ha, i dont think that they show marks on the skin
    but if you are experiencing unbearable pain on that arm only, go have it looked at
    "I'm like a dog chasing a car...I wouldn't know what to do with it if I caught it" R.I.P.

"Run and Lift the soreness away"
    -Coach

Football is over, back in the weight room as of December 15, 2008

! U$3D T0 /\/\@K3 L!\/!/\/G K!ll!/\/G P30Pl3 \/\/H0 TYP3D L!K3 TH!$.../\/0\/\/ ! JU$T D0 !T F0R FU/\/, $0 FU(K!/\/G $T0P !T

I rep all back...

Dzanjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzanjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzanjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzanjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzanjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzanjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzanjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzanjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzanjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzanjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dzanjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I don't think it's a tear, but I could be wrong.

I really just looks like a bruise. You could've just had a lot of stress and pressure on your bi's and you might have just busted a blood vessel (causing the bruise). A bruise is just bleeding under the skin more or less anyway. Did you play the punching game w/ some friends at all before the workout? Bruises tend to develop slowly so if not the burst blood vessel then possibly a previous injury...

Either way I'd probably give it a quick look by a doc.

Hope you heal well and it doesn't effect your lifting!

Good luck!

gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gustavo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Pressuah View Post
    hickey maybe?
    ha, i dont think that they show marks on the skin
    but if you are experiencing unbearable pain on that arm only, go have it looked at
    there's only very slight pain when i like tap it, i don't feel it at all

Originally Posted by Dzanjin
    I really just looks like a bruise. You could've just had a lot of stress and pressure on your bi's and you might have just busted a blood vessel (causing the bruise). A bruise is just bleeding under the skin more or less anyway. Did you play the punching game w/ some friends at all before the workout? Bruises tend to develop slowly so if not the burst blood vessel then possibly a previous injury...
    nope no punching games.... felt something in my bi when i was benching, it's not the first time i felt it, i continued my chest workout and then did biceps without any pain..but when i came home and saw this i thought its a tear and freaked out.

will have a doc look at it, thanx for the replies

flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    felt something in my bi when i was benching, it's not the first time i felt it, i continued my chest workout and then did biceps without any pain..but when i came home and saw this i thought its a tear and freaked out.
    You felt pain in your biceps while benching?

I can't see how your biceps would be under any stress at all. Does the pain kick in on the negative or the concentric part of the lift?

If their was no pain during your bicep workout then I don't think you have torn anything.
    A pattern in the chaos.

dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Range of motion normal?
    Pain at any stage of the movement?
    Strength normal?

Compare left and right for the above

Btw...i don't think thats a muscle tear

-
    Last edited by dance2trance; 12-19-2008 at 10:39 PM.

Originally Posted by flangmasterj View Post
    You felt pain in your biceps while benching?

I can't see how your biceps would be under any stress at all. Does the pain kick in on the negative or the concentric part of the lift?
    Yes, most of the time there's slight pain, it happens when i bring the weight down while doing a heavy set it feels like its being stretched.. only the right one

Originally Posted by flangmasterj View Post
    If their was no pain during your bicep workout then I don't think you have torn anything.
    yeah... doc said its a bruise but strange i don't remember getting it

Originally Posted by dance2trance
    Range of motion normal?
    Pain at any stage of the movement?
    Strength normal?

Compare left and right for the above

Btw...i don't think thats a muscle tear
    range of motion and strength are normal for both...like i said only when bringing the weight down i feel pain, don't know maybe something wrong with my right arm but i'm glad it isn't a tear.

AnthonyM24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnthonyM24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnthonyM24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnthonyM24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnthonyM24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnthonyM24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnthonyM24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnthonyM24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnthonyM24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnthonyM24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnthonyM24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    a torn bicep tendon usually results in the bicep curling up into a ball close to the shoulder, and by the elbow, it looks collapsed due to the muscle no longer being there + immense pain

doesnt look like a tear, maybe a stretch mark + bruising?

user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes, most of the time there's slight pain, it happens when i bring the weight down while doing a heavy set it feels like its being stretched.. only the right one

yeah... doc said its a bruise but strange i don't remember getting it

range of motion and strength are normal for both...like i said only when bringing the weight down i feel pain, don't know maybe something wrong with my right arm but i'm glad it isn't a tear.
    Probably a strain and stretching of the skin (hence the stretch marks). Just rest for a week man.