carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Progressive Ovrload (stating the obvious to some)

Just read about this and thought it might help some...

Your muscles have zero interest in growing or getting bigger, in fact, they
    would rather sleep and watch TV all day. Getting super buff, ripped and
    muscular is your goal, not your bodies. God created your body to survive, not to be strong and beautiful. Get that through your head.

When you visit the gym and expose your body to the same intensity as last week, your muscles laugh back at you and say, ?Nice try, that was your attempt at challenging us?? Once your body must cope with a new stress it says, ?Holy crap, what?s your problem? I don?t want to ever experience that discomfort and stress again so I am going to build some new muscle to protect myself.? It?s like when you lie in the sun to get a tan. Your body darkens to protect you from further attack or damage.

How To Apply This Principle In Today?s Workout

* Lift 5 pounds heavier than last week.

* Lift the same weight as last week but add one extra rep i.e ?The Money
    Rep?

* Lift the same weight with the same reps but take a 15 second shorter rest
    period.

* Take an extra 2 seconds to lower the weight.

* Move the same weight as last week through a greater range of motion.

* Do the same weight and number of reps but add one extra set.

Note: You must apply at least 1 of these techniques to successfully achieve
    progressive overload. It?s best to choose one technique and stick with it until you plateau for 2 workouts in a roll. Applying this principle is your highest leverage point and the ?first thing? before considering ?second things.?

Cheers Carl.
    To talk without thinking is to shoot without aiming

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. - All Pro

a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by carl1174 View Post
    Just read about this and thought it might help some...

Your muscles have zero interest in growing or getting bigger, in fact, they
    would rather sleep and watch TV all day. Getting super buff, ripped and
    muscular is your goal, not your bodies. God created your body to survive, not to be strong and beautiful. Get that through your head.

When you visit the gym and expose your body to the same intensity as last week, your muscles laugh back at you and say, ?Nice try, that was your attempt at challenging us?? Once your body must cope with a new stress it says, ?Holy crap, what?s your problem? I don?t want to ever experience that discomfort and stress again so I am going to build some new muscle to protect myself.? It?s like when you lie in the sun to get a tan. Your body darkens to protect you from further attack or damage.

How To Apply This Principle In Today?s Workout

* Lift 5 pounds heavier than last week.

* Lift the same weight as last week but add one extra rep i.e ?The Money
    Rep?

* Lift the same weight with the same reps but take a 15 second shorter rest
    period.

* Take an extra 2 seconds to lower the weight.

* Move the same weight as last week through a greater range of motion.

* Do the same weight and number of reps but add one extra set.

Note: You must apply at least 1 of these techniques to successfully achieve
    progressive overload. It?s best to choose one technique and stick with it until you plateau for 2 workouts in a roll. Applying this principle is your highest leverage point and the ?first thing? before considering ?second things.?

Cheers Carl.

that looks like a DC quote to me.....not sure but if it's not then it's from someone reading his stuff.

carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carl1174 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by a-dog View Post
    that looks like a DC quote to me.....not sure but if it's not then it's from someone reading his stuff.

Dont know mate, possibly. Like I said I read it somewhere (cant remember the site) earlier and just thought I would put it up here for anyone else to have a look at. Just thought there were some good ideas hw you can do a "bit more" if you cant add weight, but still want some kind of progression.

Carl.
    To talk without thinking is to shoot without aiming

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. - All Pro