UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

New Strength Split, CRITIQUE!

Just threw this together yesterday. I will add abs in at the end of my chest days probably. Let me know what ya'll think!! This is part of an email I sent my training partner, so that's why some things are randomly written in.

Day 1- Chest (Heavy)
    - Flat Barbell Bench 3 sets: 3-5 reps. 2 Warm up sets, reps are target, just don't go over 8 reps. This applies for ALL compound movements!!
    - Incline DB Press 3 sets: 4-8 reps
    - 2 sets of flyes/peck deck. I would do a flye for the lower chest. 4-8 reps
    - DB Pullover 3 sets: 4-8 reps

Day 2- Legs
    - Squat 3 sets: 3-5 reps, 2 warm up sets.
    - Romanian Deadlift (concentrating on neg portion of lift) 3 sets: 4-8 reps
    - Leg Press 3 sets: 4-8 reps
    - Standing Calf Raise on Smith Machine 4 sets: 4-8 reps

Day 3- Shoulders
    - Seated DB Press 3 sets: 3-5 reps, 2 warm up sets.
    - BB Shrug 3 sets: 4-8 reps, 1 set at 225, many reps as you can..
    - Hang Clean NO PRESS, NO FRONT SQUAT!! 3 sets: 4-8 reps
    - Bent Over Side Raises or Reverse Pec Deck 3 sets: 6-8 reps
    - Side Raises 3 sets: 6-8 reps
    - DB Shrugs if you are feeling good, 3 sets 6-10 reps

Day 4- Back
    - DEADLIFT, Not rack dead!! 3 sets 3-5 reps, 2 warm up sets. Go slow and get your form down. Even if you feel okay at the 5th rep stop, and just go up in weight a little don't hurt yourself!
    - Weighted Wide Chins 3 sets: 4-8 reps, drop set of pullups to burnout like we have been doing
    - DUMBBELL Bent Over Row 3 sets: 4-8 reps <--- Straight Ballin'!!
    - Close Grip Pulldowns, with D-Handle if you can 3 sets 4-8 reps... Thick Lower Lats!!
    - Weighted Back Extensions 3 sets 6-8 reps. We need to take advantage of this while we can use it over break!

Day 5- Chest (Moderate/Light)
    Same exercises and order, switch reps to 10-15 reps on press and up to 20 reps on flyes and pullovers if you want.

Day 6- Arms
    - CGBP 3 sets: 4-6 reps, 2 warm ups
    - BB Curl 3 sets: 4-6 reps, 2 warm ups
    - Weighted Dips or Incline Skullcrusher 3 sets: 4-8 reps
    - DB Curl 3 sets: 4-8 reps
    - Overheard Tri Extension 3 sets: 4-8 reps
    - Preacher Curl (free weight or machine) 3 sets: 4-8 reps
    - Cable exercise for Tri 3 sets: 15 reps
    - Concentration or incline db curl 3 sets: 15 reps
    Rugby is better...

camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^ u only missing the kitchen sink...

LOL
    "Paper money is going away" - EM

UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) UTMatt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by camaleom View Post
    ^^^ u only missing the kitchen sink...

LOL
    ??? That's only 11 sets for chest, 9 for legs, and 12 for everything else. Not much at all actually..

Anyone have anything USEFUL to say?
    Rugby is better...

bump
    Rugby is better...

Dr. Animal, OD, Natty Pro The_Animal11's Avatar
    The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    so the whole leg day is 9-15 REPS of squats, somewhere around 15 total REPS for hamstrings, leg press, and calves?

that just sounds like so little to me. but then again i am a big fan of volume on leg days, i still think its missing another hamstring exercise though... at least lunges or something?? i mean ya have him doing twice as much for bis or tris than quads and four times as much as for hammies.

whats the main goal for this split?
    WWJD-What Would Jesus Deadlift?

May God bless you with enough foolishness to believe that you really CAN make a difference in this world, so that you are able, with God's grace, to do what others claim cannot be done. -From the Four-Fold Franciscan Blessing

Who Says I Can't Pack on Mass (my log)?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146406963

richbodyfit.com<--- awesome trainer and workout partner!

Originally Posted by The_Animal11 View Post
    so the whole leg day is 9-15 REPS of squats, somewhere around 15 total REPS for hamstrings, leg press, and calves?

that just sounds like so little to me. but then again i am a big fan of volume on leg days, i still think its missing another hamstring exercise though... at least lunges or something?? i mean ya have him doing twice as much for bis or tris than quads and four times as much as for hammies.

whats the main goal for this split?
    Well this is for both of us, we work out together normally, but we are on break from college right now. And I left town for a month, and this way we can keep doing the same things.

The main goal is definitely strength, then in about 3 months we are going to try and put on as much size as possible. Just trying to get as strong as we can before we start.
    Rugby is better...