unl123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight Question?

Do you guys normally add weight each set or start out heavy and go down each set? Or does it not matter? Thansk

-Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Depends on how I feel. 1st set is usually a little low to get warmed up but after that I usually stick with the weight unless it feels light.
    If I'm working hypertrophy I'll aim for 12, settle for 8-10 and if I hit 11 I'll bump the weight up for the next set.
    old broken soldier
    ACPT, NSCA
    Hughumanity.org
    Remembering the fallen

Stasher1 - Reps owed

sakofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) sakofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) sakofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) sakofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) sakofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) sakofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) sakofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) sakofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) sakofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) sakofan is on a distinguished road. (+10) sakofan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I switch up weights (drop sets or doing the opposite and increasing for the next set) whenever I switch routines to help break a plateau.

I might do drop sets for calf raises for example, then the next time I have to revist the excercise, I'll go up, or else lower the reps per set and go (quite a bit) heavier.

Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pyramid, start with warmups sets and then work down the weight on working sets. Here is a fine example.

Originally Posted by Hola Bola View Post

2. Hack Squats
    135 x 20
    225 x 15
    315 x 12
    405 x 10
    315 x 15
    225 x 20
    My powerlifting and death/thrash metal log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141720221&p=843503391&posted=1#post843503391

mike.long.hock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mike.long.hock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mike.long.hock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mike.long.hock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mike.long.hock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mike.long.hock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mike.long.hock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mike.long.hock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mike.long.hock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mike.long.hock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mike.long.hock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i will start out lower and do more reps and add weight as i go up and do less reps.