sykeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sykeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sykeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sykeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sykeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sykeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best exercise to tone chest?

hey

ive been going to the gym for about 8 months.. ive lost ALOT of weight but still i cant seem to lose it all of my chest. The main thing i do for chest is just bench press but it doesn seem to be doing much good, seems to give more bulk rather than tone if that makes sense, so i was just wondering what the best workout is to to tone the chest?

Thanks alot

stout22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stout22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stout22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stout22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stout22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stout22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stout22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stout22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stout22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stout22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stout22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there are so many exercises out there. congrats on losing the weight btw. your problem is probably that you stick with one exercise. you need to keep the muscles guessing, otherwise they just get used to the same movement and wont grow or change.

since you want to tone, ide recommend doing some flyes or crossovers if you have access to cables.

also...if you do have cables...try this...come out like you are doing crossovers, except instead of having your arms extended, bring them in close at your sides. now press out and bring the handles together. this will target the inner portion of the chest and help bring out some striations

but try to bring in flye movements and to help shape you up, get some incline bench and decline bench for a well rounded chest

if you want to take a look at some of those chest exercises, check out the site in my signature and have a look around mens fitness---exercises
    http://www.fitness-industries.com - fitness info, exercises, training and supplement articles

new forum...need some new members to get in and start helping out!!!!

sykeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sykeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sykeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sykeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sykeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sykeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ahhh thanks alot, i do have access to cables so ill try what you said, and ill start doing dumbell flys too, again.. thanks for your help

mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by stout22 View Post
    there are so many exercises out there. congrats on losing the weight btw. your problem is probably that you stick with one exercise. you need to keep the muscles guessing, otherwise they just get used to the same movement and wont grow or change.

since you want to tone, ide recommend doing some flyes or crossovers if you have access to cables.

also...if you do have cables...try this...come out like you are doing crossovers, except instead of having your arms extended, bring them in close at your sides. now press out and bring the handles together. this will target the inner portion of the chest and help bring out some striations

but try to bring in flye movements and to help shape you up, get some incline bench and decline bench for a well rounded chest

if you want to take a look at some of those chest exercises, check out the site in my signature and have a look around mens fitness---exercises
    Everything in this post is wrong. Changing workouts to keep your muscles guessing, recommending cables over a solid barbell...

If you want your muscles to show, then you need to (a) make the muscles bigger and (b) lose fat surrounding the muscles. The former is accomplished through bulking (eating a caloric excess) and the latter through cutting (eating a caloric deficity).

Read the stickies and educate yourself before trying to give people advice.

oh, ok thanks
    so if i just stick to bench press, flys, cable crossovers for the chest area, is that ok? or is that not a good routine?

cryptoknight is on a distinguished road. (+10) cryptoknight is on a distinguished road. (+10) cryptoknight is on a distinguished road. (+10) cryptoknight is on a distinguished road. (+10) cryptoknight is on a distinguished road. (+10) cryptoknight is on a distinguished road. (+10) cryptoknight is on a distinguished road. (+10) cryptoknight is on a distinguished road. (+10) cryptoknight is on a distinguished road. (+10) cryptoknight is on a distinguished road. (+10) cryptoknight is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mac520 View Post
    Everything in this post is wrong. Changing workouts to keep your muscles guessing, recommending cables over a solid barbell...

If you want your muscles to show, then you need to (a) make the muscles bigger and (b) lose fat surrounding the muscles. The former is accomplished through bulking (eating a caloric excess) and the latter through cutting (eating a caloric deficity).

Read the stickies and educate yourself before trying to give people advice.
    I'm going to have to disagree. There's a difference between tone and bulk.

Yes - you have to lower body fat % for the muscles and everything to show.

But if you already have the mass and you want to shape/tone/define the muscles some more detailed work is needed just like the first guy said.

High repetition cable crossovers, work some incline bench to shape the top portion of the pec (for bulk go heavier doing 8-12 reps per set, for tone 15-20 is probably a good goal) and the same for decline.

Registered User BillabongVolcom's Avatar
    BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cardio and diet. No exercise tones a muscle. Tone muscles only happen from A) Having the muscle built up through heavy lifting and B)Shedding the fat away through Cardio and Dieting.
    I had all the normal teenage fantasies..cars, girls, money, blow. Then my parents left for a week, and all my fantasies came true!

apollocreed1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Push-ups loads of them! alternatively like the post above me said, if you do a high volume workout for your chest which means loads of repetitions for each chest exercise, you will burn excess fat, so that your chest muscles stand out.

If you want to shape your chest, then different forms of flyes will help. And so will incline and decline presses.

mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100)
    "Tone" is pretty much a meaningless term that simply refers to a muscle's passive tension. I think "definition" is the word most people are looking for when they mean "tone".

Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Project84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think this guy is trying to say, he's uncomfortable with his man boobs (or similarity) and wants to tighten up without increasing the overall size of his chest.

Personally, I have the same problem and I don't think I see the true answer in anything listed above, simply put, because I've tried all of the things listed with relatively no success. My chest is bigger from heavy lifting, and from 5 miles of cardio 2 or 3 times a week, I did lose a small amount of fat off my chest, but my family genes still have me at a disadvantage. My chest has always been 2 or 3x the size of my friends. I'm 6'1" and 190lbs and looking at my chest you'd think I can press 200+ but I can only put up 150.

There's fat on my chest and I do not know how to target it.

Same goes for my abdomen.

I do not think simple cardio is the answer.
    John - a newb.

Unofficial Site Chaplain merkong's Avatar
    merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10) merkong is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BillabongVolcom View Post
    Cardio and diet. No exercise tones a muscle. Tone muscles only happen from A) Having the muscle built up through heavy lifting and B)Shedding the fat away through Cardio and Dieting.
    1/3/09 bench press 1rm 300#
    1/3/10 bench press 1rm 315#

I don't lift like ^^that^^ anymore...

Just lifting because I love it and trying to lead by example with my 3 elite athlete kids; Amanda on the Varsity Dance Team, Zack playing lacrosse on an elite level and starring on our 8th grade football team and fast becoming a golf prodigy and Kitty excelling at the grade school level on the track, soccer field and basketball court.

Black_Mage_X is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Black_Mage_X is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Black_Mage_X is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Black_Mage_X is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Black_Mage_X is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Black_Mage_X is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Black_Mage_X is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Black_Mage_X is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Black_Mage_X is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Black_Mage_X is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Black_Mage_X is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I say Day 1 Bench Press, Incline Press, Incline Flyes, finish with Pec Dec or Pec Flye Machine.

Day 5 High Cable Crossovers superset with Low Cable Crossovers, Incline Bench Press, and finish with Decline Push-ups.

In only 4 weeks it gave me nice well rounded pecs.

ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BillabongVolcom View Post
    The thread should have ended here