Thread: Shin Splits?

WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Shin Splits?

so ive got this annoying shooting pain in my lower legs
    its kind of an all round pain in the lower region and its on the front
    i think it started from a few things actually
    - improper shoes (mostly wear those flat shoes cheap ones for 20 bucks...no support what soever)
    - i did a lot of **** with my heels off the ground.. like kept practising those aerobic movies for college (step touch, grapevines, easy walk if ppl know these)
    and yeh basically when i run
    it starts coming slowly and then once it built up to the point where i had to stop running and walking was hard by itself afterwards

is this shin splits and what are some rehab exercises and some contraindicators to this

mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10) mmd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had a bad case of shin splints.

It can be caused by a variety of things, in my case, it was improper running.

You definitely need to get some proper footwear. Perhaps with a sole with support for the soft part of your foot.

You also need to let it heal, take a break from anything that is high impact on your lower legs.

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    sounds like shin splints to me!
    basically shin splints are muscle soreness of the tibalias anterior muscle, or in the extreme, it could be tears at the insertion points.
    http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/TibialisAnterior.html

assuming that you just have a soreness there that is brought on by exercise,
    which can be very painful, the best thing to do is rest the muscle.

good shoes are essential as well.

if you are doing aerobics or running everyday, you need to take days off in between to let thta muscle fully recoup. try every third day until you can go pain free and then reduce it to evey other day etc...
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24

WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thanks alot guys
    its actually had heaps of time to recover and i got sneakers now and its much better
    but still if i run i can feel a bit
    i just got into working out again and the only thing i do for legs is squat maybe 2-3 times a week
    i dont feel pain then
    is it okay to keep doing this
    i hope it is cos i really need to keep up with training ...im already finding it tough to stay motivated

jacksonjames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksonjames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacksonjames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My first two to three years in the military, my shins constantly hurt from all the running. Little did I know at the time, but I had been wearing the wrong type of shoe for the way I ran and the way my feet hit the ground. After getting proper shoes, allowing the shins to heal for some time and strengthening the tibalias anterior muscle, I no longer had the aching shins problem. I will say though, it took quite a while for the aching to finally go away once I got all the issues resolved. One thing I will make sure I do as well is change out my running shoes every six months or so, makes a world of difference.
    "Life's tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" ~ John Wayne

marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marblehead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Changing your shoes will definitely help.
    Stretching will help

Check this link out
    http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com...in-splints.php
    Brothers of Metal Crew

Steelers

Strip Mining prevents Forest Fires
    UMWA

cheers mate

segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Shin splints for sure.

It took mine about 6 months to completely heal. In that time, do not jog or run or do anything that causes pressure/impact on the muscles in the lower legs - you will just tear things up worse.

What worked for me was:

1. Let the legs rest up for at least 2 weeks without any stress on them.
    2. For months after the injury, perform low impact exercises such as using the elliptical machine. Star climbing may put too much pressure on those tendons still

Good luck.