segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Post Results of CT Back Exam

I am a 31 yr old male who has been lifting for about 4 years prior. About 8 months ago I ended up getting really bad back pain after a deadlift session. I was lifting 455lbs (body weight 185,) and noticed after a few reps I felt really weak. I felt a tinge of warmness in my back, but nothing that would notify me of any pain done during the session. As the night went on I started feeling worse and weaker. The next day I hardly could get out of bed. For months after that I couldn't even bend over to pee in the morning (had to put a hand on the wall as I leaned forward.)

Well that was almost a year ago and even though things have got better to the point where i don't feel any pain unless I start using my back for lifting or working, I still am not able to do any dead lifts or squats without causing more pain for days.

Thus, I decided to get my chronic back pain looked at and went into a CT scan. Below are the results of the scan:

--

DATE OF EXAM: 12/12/08
    CT2 SPINE WITHOUT CONTRAST

TECHNIQUE

Volumetrically acquired axial images were performed from L-2 to S-1. No contrast was given.

FINDINGS

Minimal degenerative disc and end plate changes are present at the L-4-L-5 and L-5-S-1 levels. A small, broad-based left-sided foraminal L-4-L-5 disc herniation is noted, which does not cause any significant foraminal stenosis, however, there is an end plate osteophyte, causing mild to moderate left-sided L-4-L-5 foraminal stenosis.

The caliber of the central spinal canal is adequate.

Mild degenerative facet changes are present in the lumbar spine.

No other abnormality is visualized.

--

As you can see from the above I have a hurniated disk between L4 and L5 on the left side.

QUESTION: Has anyone has a similar experience? My doctor tells me at my age of 31, these things should heal over time but never to 100%. He says I don't need to do anything more other than strengthen the muscles around it and the hurniation should clear up over time.

Anyone have any thoughts on this situation?

Thanks,

seg