Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'11", 184 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1473
    c_hayhurst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c_hayhurst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c_hayhurst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c_hayhurst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c_hayhurst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c_hayhurst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c_hayhurst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c_hayhurst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c_hayhurst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c_hayhurst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c_hayhurst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit c_hayhurst's BodySpace

When best to take Glucosamine/Chondorinton

When is the best time to take Glucosamine/Chondroiton in relation to a workout to prevent injury?

I am working out 3 days a week using the Rippetoe system.

I am having no real joint problems, but my knees are starting to get a tad sore from the squats.

Stats: 5'11", 190 lbs
    BodyPoints: 37140
    marblehead has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marblehead has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marblehead has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marblehead has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marblehead has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marblehead has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marblehead has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marblehead has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marblehead has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marblehead has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) marblehead has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit marblehead's BodySpace
    It's difficult to say when the best time or frequency to take a glucosamine supplement, whether with or without food, but a good option is to take glucosamine before meals. All 1,500 mg a day can be taken at one time or split in two or three divided doses throughout the day.

One last note - the Glucosamine/Chondroitin takes a long time to work so you have to be patient. It can take a few months to a year or more to really start feeling major improvement.
    Brothers of Metal Crew

Steelers

Strip Mining prevents Forest Fires
    UMWA

Stats: 5'6", 166 lbs
    BodyPoints: 49
    TJPortico is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit TJPortico's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by marblehead View Post
    It's difficult to say when the best time or frequency to take a glucosamine supplement, whether with or without food, but a good option is to take glucosamine before meals. All 1,500 mg a day can be taken at one time or split in two or three divided doses throughout the day.

One last note - the Glucosamine/Chondroitin takes a long time to work so you have to be patient. It can take a few months to a year or more to really start feeling major improvement.
    There is a few products out there that are Glu/Chon dissolved in some sort of juice/water instead of taking a pill. Maybe worth taking a look at. Perhaps they have better absorption.

I used to be a paratrooper in the Army and I'm convinced that taking glu/chon saved my knees, but it is more of a long-term supplement.