playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) playLOVEGUNboy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Fruit and vegetable diet

I am thinking about going on a fruit and vegetable diet... for detox and fat loss. I will work out and drink plenty of water and after a week or two weeks slowly add in protein. Will this be effective?

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by playLOVEGUNboy View Post
    I am thinking about going on a fruit and vegetable diet... for detox and fat loss. I will work out and drink plenty of water and after a week or two weeks slowly add in protein. Will this be effective?
    Effective for proving you're an absolute moron...yes.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) G0ldenState is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

All i can say is.............. GOOD LUCK!

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    There is a reason why amino acids and fats are labeled as "essential"
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You will definatly lose weight.
    alot of weight.
    I did this for a little while and actually felt good, but i did lose about a stone and a half in a month.
    Dont recomend it.
    By the way if your eating alot of fruit you wont need much water, fruit is full of water.
    Feeling Good

LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sample menu???
    behind every great woman...is a man checking out her arse

Chuck Norris can make a woman climax by simply pointing & saying booya

If at first you don't succeed you're not Chuck Norris

When Chuck Norris wants an egg he cracks open a chicken

waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As above, you really need Amino Acids (protein) and Fatty Acids (fat)... If you want to cleanse, you can still do it, at the very least add in these as they are detox friendly:

- Any of Olive Oil, Macadamia Oil, Sunflour Oil, Flax Oil
    - Raw nuts
    - Beans, legumes etc, preferably sprouting
    - Fish Fish Fish! It's detox friendly and will give you the protein you need
    - Protein Supplement.. Not sure if whey is allowed on detox, but you could get a hemp or brown rice one. Not soy!

Just get those fats and proteins along woth the fruit and veg, and try not to skimp calories too much, or you WILL lose muscle.

Detoxing from Life martina92685's Avatar
    martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000)
    So you mean you want to be vegan?
    - Damnit. I got fat again. Brb: picking up the pieces and burning my excuses. -

rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you said in another thread that you're a male model with a big agency in new york.

models(especially ones who are already signed with a big agency) don't usually need to lose more fat and they usually don't need advice on how to lose fat. they dont get signed if they have too much fat.. or if they do, the agencies have resources(nutritionists, trainers) to advise the models.

maybe you're anorexic? or not really a model? or both?

but a fruit and vegetable diet -- you're muscles will deflate and you will look hungry. people will wonder if you are ok

paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulieGB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You could try a warrior type diet for detox.
    Just have vegtable or fruit juices through the day then a large protein meal with veg fruit whatever in the evening.
    Or better still for detoxing you could FAST ALL DAY then have your meal.

I dont think food will help AT ALL with detoxing (especially fish or fats).
    Feeling Good

Detoxing from Life martina92685's Avatar
    martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000)
    wait - why are you 5'10, 155 lbs, and cutting?
    - Damnit. I got fat again. Brb: picking up the pieces and burning my excuses. -

dempsey_124 is not very well liked. (-100) dempsey_124 is not very well liked. (-100) dempsey_124 is not very well liked. (-100) dempsey_124 is not very well liked. (-100) dempsey_124 is not very well liked. (-100) dempsey_124 is not very well liked. (-100) dempsey_124 is not very well liked. (-100) dempsey_124 is not very well liked. (-100) dempsey_124 is not very well liked. (-100) dempsey_124 is not very well liked. (-100) dempsey_124 is not very well liked. (-100)
    detox diets are complete crap, just gonna rob your body of vital nutrients for those two weeks. better of taking a step back and evaluating your diet and see where you have gone wrong, or what you arent eating enough of

TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000) TulsaCoker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your 5'-10' 155 pounds. If you have fat to lose then I would suggest working out and adding muscle.
    Owe:

dunkalicious

Originally Posted by dempsey_124 View Post
    detox diets are complete crap, just gonna rob your body of vital nutrients for those two weeks. better of taking a step back and evaluating your diet and see where you have gone wrong, or what you arent eating enough of
    NOT TRUE,

detox diets are real good for us.
    not good for bodybuilding though.
    Feeling Good

lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It will be effective for someone who has no intention of gaining or maintaining muscle tissue.

HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lancs_hotpot View Post
    It will be effective for someone who has no intention of gaining or maintaining muscle tissue.
    Right, perfect for someone who is too big, and wants to get smaller, dropping muscle as well...I have done something similar to this when I had to go from a bodybuilder's size to a fashion models size.....large amounts of cardio multiple times a day, along with little to no weight training and low protein. Not good for bodybuilding, but serves its purpose in some cases.
    You are born with a spark; to search for the truth, for the best you can be. Practice. Disipline. Preparation. Try and try again. Then one day you are on top and they say you are an overnight success, a natural. You smile, you know. - Anonymous

Burning desire to get out of bed in the morning!!

Even the BEST were taught by someone who knows more than them!

Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well these are definitely good foods but I would add fish and dairy to this strategy to make it more well rounded.

No reason to follow a themed diet just because Paleo (or whatever) does it this way. Other foods beyond these do matter also.

P.S. Veggies can be a good source of EFAS (believe it or not) and good intake of them may be why one study in New England Journal of Medicine found arachidonic acid concentrations in muscle to correlate with insulin sensitivity. The potassium/Magnesium/beta carotene/vitamin K in the veggies aid in the beneficial metabolism of omega 6 EFAS.
    Last edited by Phosphate bond; 12-18-2008 at 10:03 AM.

Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000)
    Seems like a troll post.

If you're serious then go Google "Raw Food Diet" and join one of those hippie forums and talk to them.
    1k.
    I rape back faster if you paste a link in rape box.

HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Phosphate bond View Post

P.S. Veggies can be a good source of EFAS (believe it or not) and good intake of them may be why one study in New England Journal of Medicine found arachidonic acid concentrations in muscle to correlate with insulin sensitivity. The potassium/Magnesium/beta carotene/vitamin K in the veggies aid in the beneficial metabolism of omega 6 EFAS.
    That is really good information that I did not know. But to get an adequate amount of EFAs from vegetables, wouldn't you have to consume a quantity so high that it would nearly be nauseating to consume? Or not?
    You are born with a spark; to search for the truth, for the best you can be. Practice. Disipline. Preparation. Try and try again. Then one day you are on top and they say you are an overnight success, a natural. You smile, you know. - Anonymous

Burning desire to get out of bed in the morning!!

Even the BEST were taught by someone who knows more than them!

Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HerveDuchemin View Post
    That is really good information that I did not know. But to get an adequate amount of EFAs from vegetables, wouldn't you have to consume a quantity so high that it would nearly be nauseating to consume? Or not?
    Well a person may not need as many of them as they think.

For example, It appears that when Glutathione/membrane stability is high AA release from muscle decreases (using to epinephrine stimulation in monkeys as a model) but the PGs are stronger (more readily forming into PGF 2 alpha).

Actually in ideal situations you would think both amino acid and EFA turnover would be lower and most dietary calories would simply be used for fuel.