IFPA Pro Bodybuilder XClassic10's Avatar
    XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

17 yo. thinking about competing for the 1st time. thoughts?

was hoping to possibly be competing in a year. not sure if I'll be ready yet though.. main thing I think I lack is just overall mass and maybe legs/back a bit. all of my pics are in my bodyspace so you guys can view em there, but I'll post my most recent upper body shot in here. I know it'll probably be hard to tell with the lack of poses.. but just do the best u can I guess. don't have a back pic yet.. but I'll be gettin one up soon. I wouldn't say it's quite up to par yet with my front side but it's getting there. anyways.. when do you guys think is the earliest I'll be able to compete?

taken a couple months ago.. I've made a little bit of progress since then

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by XClassic10 View Post
    was hoping to possibly be competing in a year. not sure if I'll be ready yet though.. main thing I think I lack is just overall mass and maybe legs/back a bit. all of my pics are in my bodyspace so you guys can view em there, but I'll post my most recent upper body shot in here. I know it'll probably be hard to tell with the lack of poses.. but just do the best u can I guess. don't have a back pic yet.. but I'll be gettin one up soon. I wouldn't say it's quite up to par yet with my front side but it's getting there. anyways.. when do you guys think is the earliest I'll be able to compete?

IN a year, no. Id say have a very nice offseason for about 1 year. Then worry about pre contest dieting. This sport is great for anyone to get into, but so many people are doing it just to do it, and it really gives a bad name to the sport when people arent ready to compete at all. Your physique needs a lot of work as it looks like you havnt been at this very long, and if you have then your consistency must not be up to par like you will need. Being 17 years old is very hard as well, and the dedication is a must especiallt at your age. I think you will be ready to compete when you think your ready, not when you have to ask. I hope this helps.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IM gonna give the opposite advice. I dont see any reason not to compete in a teen class. There really is no such thing as a massive natural teen. Youre gonna be competing against guys that look similar in size to you. I wish I started younger. However, I would say, once you've got a show under your belt.....crank up the calories, lift heavy and hard and take advantage of the ridiculously high levels of testosterone pumping through you right now. Man, the growth that I saw from 16-20 yrs old was just unbelievable. There is not another time in your life when you'll grow like you can now. So, dont waste too much time dieting. Pack it on!

BTW, youve got a good structure there and your delts/pec tie-ins look good. Youve got a slim waist and broader shoulders. Keep training hard.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sure, why not,..you BF looks very lean at this point being 176lbs. Imagine what you will look like at 166lbs.! I am the same ht. as you and came in at 166lbs. I think you could look similar as well! Who knows,..you may do very well. Any comp you have in mind?

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There's no reason you can't compete in a teen class. With all respect to Frankd, I think the judges can make it pretty clear where you fall. Someone getting in shape and competing is not giving the sport a "bad name"????

But, I think Oak really pegs it. Me personally, I would not waste time dieting at your age. That is just a waste. Eat, Train, Recover and Grow. Don't set out to get fat but eat to grow. You're lean enough now that the diet wouldn't be a killer but dude, why diet at all. I would probably have to pin about 500mg a week of test to hvve the levels that you have now. Don't squander that mustard by dieting.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    I would probably have to pin about 500mg a week of test to hvve the levels that you have now. Don't squander that mustard by dieting.

He he he! You got it.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronBrendan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would advise you to compete.

Just not right now. Take a year to really grow and then compete when you're 18/19. You'll still be eligible for a teen class.
    www.ironbrendan.com

caj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) caj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) caj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) caj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) caj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) caj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) caj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) caj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) caj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) caj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) caj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by XClassic10 View Post

You've got a good foundation. Just eat, eat, eat and train, train, train.

At your age, you can't imagine how much your body can grow in one year if you eat an ungodly amount of good food and train your butt off.

Good luck, man. I think you have it in you.

mikez will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikez will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikez will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikez will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikez will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikez will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikez will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikez will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikez will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikez will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    IM gonna give the opposite advice. I dont see any reason not to compete in a teen class. There really is no such thing as a massive natural teen. Youre gonna be competing against guys that look similar in size to you. I wish I started younger. However, I would say, once you've got a show under your belt.....crank up the calories, lift heavy and hard and take advantage of the ridiculously high levels of testosterone pumping through you right now. Man, the growth that I saw from 16-20 yrs old was just unbelievable. There is not another time in your life when you'll grow like you can now. So, dont waste too much time dieting. Pack it on!

BTW, youve got a good structure there and your delts/pec tie-ins look good. Youve got a slim waist and broader shoulders. Keep training hard.

Agreed. I did my first show when I was 15 weighing 150lbs lol. I say go for it you'll be happy you did.

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you've got the itch, scratch that bi*ch! Competing is a blast; just know that you're in a prime time for muscle growth so don't get hooked and diet for three years straight.
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) XClassic10 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Frankdaddy View Post
    IN a year, no. Id say have a very nice offseason for about 1 year. Then worry about pre contest dieting. This sport is great for anyone to get into, but so many people are doing it just to do it, and it really gives a bad name to the sport when people arent ready to compete at all. Your physique needs a lot of work as it looks like you havnt been at this very long, and if you have then your consistency must not be up to par like you will need. Being 17 years old is very hard as well, and the dedication is a must especiallt at your age. I think you will be ready to compete when you think your ready, not when you have to ask. I hope this helps.
    yeah I've been on and off lifting for a couple years, only seriously training for less than a year. makes sense though.

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post

thanks man. I only plan to do one competition or so right now, so I don't waste a lotta my teen years dieting to the extreme like you said. it'd be awful to not take adavantage of my body during these times. I just wanna get one show under my belt to see how it feels and get the jitterbug out and such.

Originally Posted by stayfit2008 View Post
    Sure, why not,..you BF looks very lean at this point being 176lbs. Imagine what you will look like at 166lbs.! I am the same ht. as you and came in at 166lbs. I think you could look similar as well! Who knows,..you may do very well. Any comp you have in mind?
    not any in mind yet. wanna stay pretty local tho, I live around KC. i'm gonna start doing research and see what kinda shows are around here.

Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    There's no reason you can't compete in a teen class. With all respect to Frankd, I think the judges can make it pretty clear where you fall. Someone getting in shape and competing is not giving the sport a "bad name"????

But, I think Oak really pegs it. Me personally, I would not waste time dieting at your age. That is just a waste. Eat, Train, Recover and Grow. Don't set out to get fat but eat to grow. You're lean enough now that the diet wouldn't be a killer but dude, why diet at all. I would probably have to pin about 500mg a week of test to hvve the levels that you have now. Don't squander that mustard by dieting.
    yeah I understand why you're saying man. like I said earlier, I probably just wanna do one show for now just to have one under my belt.

Originally Posted by IronBrendan View Post
    I would advise you to compete.

Just not right now. Take a year to really grow and then compete when you're 18/19. You'll still be eligible for a teen class.
    that's really what I was planning on doing. thanks

Originally Posted by caj View Post
    You've got a good foundation. Just eat, eat, eat and train, train, train.

At your age, you can't imagine how much your body can grow in one year if you eat an ungodly amount of good food and train your butt off.

Good luck, man. I think you have it in you.
    yep that's the goal. thanks bro!

Originally Posted by Agostage View Post
    If you've got the itch, scratch that bi*ch! Competing is a blast; just know that you're in a prime time for muscle growth so don't get hooked and diet for three years straight.
    yep I'm aware. thanks man

new updated pic. taken yesterday

feel like chest might be lagging a bit. i just started to work with DBs on my chest, i've only used BB in the past due to lack of resources. hoping to make some solid gains now.

stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    throw up some basic poses,..that Mr T stuff aint really giving us a good idea of where your at.

yeah i'm just waiting for my bro to get back so i can use his digital camera. its hard to take poses when i only have a camera phone.

new poses.

back is pretty awful i know. and my posing definitely needs work haha. i just did it quickly.

did you say you have a show in mind? if so when? Yes the posing needs some work and would help to find someone in your area if you can for one on one. have you found a good diet and trasining split?

Originally Posted by stayfit2008 View Post
    did you say you have a show in mind? if so when? Yes the posing needs some work and would help to find someone in your area if you can for one on one. have you found a good diet and trasining split?
    no i haven't found a show yet. i plan on competing in the summer of 2010, so i'm gonna look for a show around the next new year. I'm gonna start looking into good natty organizations now tho.

and yeah the posing was bad, i just did it all in less than 5 min. if i took my time i'm sure it would have been much better.

my training split is pretty solid i think. i work out 5-6 days a week, working out each body part once a week but hitting it hard.

and for diet... it's fairly decent. i stay somewhat lean pretty easily so it's hard for me to gain noticeable fat. i eat around 3,500 calories a day, sometimes clean, sometimes not. i eat a fair share of fast food. obviously this will need to change when i diet down for a show, will have to eat 100% clean.