suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10)

wrist problems. not pain but weak.

i've noticed over a period of time my grip is starting to get weak in left hand. Then i started to feel it in my wrist. It's not painful just weak. weird. any ideas? i thought carpal tunnel but thats the whole arm. i'll be home from school in a couple days so i'll get it checked out then, i was just wondering if anyone else experienced it.

ra1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ra1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ra1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ra1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ra1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ra1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ra1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ra1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ra1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ra1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ra1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have noticed that doing deadlift helps
    The Misc detective.

HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by suburbanPSYCHO View Post
    i've noticed over a period of time my grip is starting to get weak in left hand. Then i started to feel it in my wrist. It's not painful just weak. weird. any ideas? i thought carpal tunnel but thats the whole arm. i'll be home from school in a couple days so i'll get it checked out then, i was just wondering if anyone else experienced it.
    Carpal Tunnel may still be the case; depends on IF and WHERE the nerve is being entrapped. You ever feel any numbness on your palm? If so, it is present on only some of the fingers? Is your Left hand your dominant hand? Let me know as much as you can (i.e. location, sensation, strength deficits)
    Bachelor and Master of Exercise Science at Miami University

Doctorate of Physical Therapy Student at Jefferson College of Health Professions

Stayin' Shredded is what I do

suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10) suburbanPSYCHO is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    my right hand is my dominant hand. occasionally there is a feeling of tingling. i guess there is a discomfort but not pain in my ring finger. i noticed it when mainly doing dumbell press and my wrist was starting to limp and my grip was loosening. (all left hand) ummi haven't really noticed any discomfort in the palm, maybe, just going off what i think.

HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my right hand is my dominant hand. occasionally there is a feeling of tingling. i guess there is a discomfort but not pain in my ring finger. i noticed it when mainly doing dumbell press and my wrist was starting to limp and my grip was loosening. (all left hand) ummi haven't really noticed any discomfort in the palm, maybe, just going off what i think.
    Either of these links relate?

http://z.about.com/f/p/440/graphics/images/en/1081.jpg (Median Nerve/Carpal Tunnel)

http://www.eorthopod.com/images/Cont..._symptom01.jpg (Ulnar Nerve)

Doctorate of Physical Therapy Student at Jefferson College of Health Professions

to be honest I am not to sure. I really only notice during a workout session, but sitting here typing this i do notice on the 2nd link. No pain, just feel something different. maybe it's not far along yet? these symptoms are new, I would say the past two weeks roughly.

to be honest I am not to sure. I really only notice during a workout session, but sitting here typing this i do notice on the 2nd link. No pain, just feel something different. maybe it's not far along yet? these symptoms are new, I would say the past two weeks roughly.
    When you perform DB presses (flat bench for example) are your knuckles pointed towards the ceiling? Or are your wrists bent backwards where you can see your knuckles? If your weak hand is bending backwards during DB presses, you are placing a lot of tension on your forearm flexors (excessive and resisted lengthening). The forearm flexors pass directly under the "Carpal Tunnel" and may be compressed if this is occurring.

my knuckles point towards the ceiling but my weak hand will droop inwards in trying to keep my hand in line with my forearm. not outwards.

my knuckles point towards the ceiling but my weak hand will droop inwards in trying to keep my hand in line with my forearm. not outwards.
    Few ideas......if your hand is deviated inward (with a lot of resistance) you are compressing the inside of the wrist and stretching the outside of the wrist. On the outside of the hand, excessive stretching can press the Ulnar nerve against some of the wrist bones and refer pain. Also you may be compressing the radial artery on the inside of your wrist which may create a temporary state of reduced blood flow. The previous may explain possible numbness and sudden weakness. You really need to focus on keeping the wrist in neutral position. If the problem persists look up a wrist movement called Ulnar deviation and train this movement to become stronger.

http://www.davidlnelson.md/images/ra..._deviation.jpg
    Last edited by HighRevinSi; 12-17-2008 at 08:31 PM.

pheonix.777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Only suggestion I have is to work your forearms. It would strengthen both forearms, wrists, and your hands.

does it seem strange that it is just the one wrist? maybe i will just have to train it more. warps for the wrist recommended? and until i can get out to get them what should i do. working chest today.

does it seem strange that it is just the one wrist? maybe i will just have to train it more. warps for the wrist recommended? and until i can get out to get them what should i do. working chest today.
    Take note of how you actually grip the DB. Is your grip in the center of the handle? Try to center your hand positioning to balance both ends of the weight. Or try a lighter weight and see if the issue resolves.

so i went in. i feel i'm balanced on barbell. and the weight may be an issue. but i know if this weak wrist wasn't a problem i could push up more weight than i'm doing, it's not a problem with my right hand. It actually cut my reps early. and it seems to progress. i can get through 2 sets before it really bothers me. i'll start trying to strengthen it up. thanks for the help, i'll let you know what happens with it.

Laddibugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Some advice

I have the same problem. I am left handed and my right hand and arm started getting really really weak. I couldn't grip things I tried everything to fix the problem but in the end we found out that it was a damaged nerve and by trying to make the problem better I made it worse I'm on my second surgery so my advice is to go to the doctor first just incase!