Thread: Ekke's Keto Log

Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ekke's Keto Log

Hi.

Been lurking around for ages but decided to start logging here, a bit of background:

August 2007 i weighted in at 308lbs being extremely obese, i was pretty much depressed, gaming World of Warcraft 20 hours a day, 3 liters of coke, pizzas and whatnot. basically i didn't give a rats ass about how i looked, all my social relations was trough a computer pretty much.

I got called into the military, they weighted me and i saw the amazing 308lbs and realized i had some serious issues.. they ofcourse dumped me due to my weight.

Afterwards i sold my world of warcraft account and my computer and moved away from my parents to my own apartment and got a job, and been on Atkins ever since..

Now 1 year and 3 months later i weight in at 170.3lbs.. I've been working out, lifting etc. occasionally, however, in all gyms around here you bind yourself for 6 months and i've moved twice during the year, actually paying for 2 gym memberships i don't use because they're about 100km away from my new home, and simply don't have the economy to pay for a third until the first two expires.

Goals? Well, i'd like to drop another 20-25 pounds, maybe more, get really really cut and then start working out bigtime. I decided to go from Atkins to Keto because my main goal in the future will be muscle gain, once i get really cut.

All for now.. stay tuned :-)

Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Congrats on the 100+ pounds...

Good luck with the journal..

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    100lbs Wow! That's awesome progress!
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ekke View Post
    Now 1 year and 3 months later i weight in at 170.3lbs.. I've been working out, lifting etc. occasionally, however, in all gyms around here you bind yourself for 6 months and i've moved twice during the year, actually paying for 2 gym memberships i don't use because they're about 100km away from my new home, and simply don't have the economy to pay for a third until the first two expires.
    Most of the gyms that I know of in the US will let you out of the contract if you move more than 45 miles from the gym. Somctimes it is actually written into the contract

Just an idea!

Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ekke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rtmiii View Post
    Most of the gyms that I know of in the US will let you out of the contract if you move more than 45 miles from the gym. Somctimes it is actually written into the contract

Just an idea!
    I'm from Denmark... and... there's nothing to do talked to both gyms about it. so now they're leeching 60$ from my account every month and i can't do jack **** about it.. Well.. i could cancel the payment trough my bank but then i'll just get my ass kicked in court if i deny to pay thanks for the tip though.

Dosent help either im studying full time, and around here the state pays people studying.. it's 1000$ monthly though. Then add rent, proper nutrition and 2 gym memberships.. aye.. broke ;p
    Last edited by Ekke; 12-17-2008 at 10:53 AM.

Visiting my folks here at the christmas holiday, so no scale available... sticking to keto trough christmas and new year though, no cheating.

Morning: Tuna with mayo
    Lunch: fried cauliflower with pepperoni, eggs and cheese
    Dinner: Tuna with mayo

Also, got a gym membership here so i've worked out and will be the coming weeks.

I've been stalling at 170lbs for AGES and apparently still is, and i'm not loosing inches either, at least not on the waist... i got a feeling that my abs and ribs are more defined, but it might be because i dropped Coke Zero for good and only drinking water.. and loads of it... also lowered my general salt and sodium intake for less water retention just to see SOME results

Back from atkins im used to only having 3 meals a day + ocassional small snacks like a slice of cheese, a slice of sausage etc... Guess i'm gonna try to make a proper macro instead of doing it the atkins way with "eat when your hungry but stick to 20 carbs" as ive been doing so far and see if it boosts my loss.

Wed weight in: 167 pounds..

had the scare of my life yesterday, went workout, then hitting the tanning booth afterwards. when i was done tanning and stood up, the entire room were spinning around, then i lost my eyesight and went blind for a few minutes...... thought i was gonna bloddy die. Went home and got my PWO shake, 250ml orangejuice mixed with water and a scoop of nautral whey... was fine afterwards.

rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sometimes not having that friggen scale around is helpful :-)

I tend to weigh myself daily, and it can get frustrating

Originally Posted by rtmiii View Post
    Sometimes not having that friggen scale around is helpful :-)

I tend to weigh myself daily, and it can get frustrating
    Yeah, i seriously thought about giving the damn thing to my sister who lives nearby, then make an agreement that i only weight myself when i occasionally drop by. usuallly once a week or once every 14 days. for me the scale is seriously causing so much grief it's unbeliveable. even if i can see i'm getting leaner in the mirror i tend to get rather depressed if it dosen't show on the scale aswell, which is pretty ironic when i deep inside know the reason it's not showing up on the weight is muscle gain... which is a positive thing

Also ive earlier been suffering from an ED, overeating in my teen years (hence the 300ish lbs back then) and undereating big time when i wanted to drop the weight i gained in that period. Keto is seriously the only way i can stand to eat, mostly because im so god damn fixtated on the weight and the water loss and glykogen loss keto provides... my glykogen stores are extremely large. if i high carb i can gain like 15lbs in a week.... Yeah.

On a sidenote i've been eating and drinking 100% clean the past 14 days, cut out the coke zero.. that gotta be a first in my lifetime.
    Last edited by Ekke; 12-24-2008 at 04:00 AM.

I think I am confused on the "Also ive earlier been suffering from an ED"

Carbs = problems for me. If I have some, I want more. Combine that with my hypoglycemia, and I my body/mind go on a roller coaster ride. Then I eat more carbs to keep my body going. Eventually, I crash and want to sleep.

So, basically, carbs make me crazy and eventually I go to sleep.

ED... eating disorder... bulimia/anorexia. i got treament for it and out of it, but if i eat carbs i gain weight so quickly it's scary.

Found some bread with only 2.5 carbs pr slice... seems decent for the weekends if you got troubles staying completely away from bread.

Or for keto pizza! 4 slices of bread with cheese, sausage etc.... 10 carbs and 4 mini-pizzas.

Man, christmas ruled. Had vegs, meat, then christmas pudding, fruits and some chocholate for desert. Then sugar-rush-crash and slept for 20 hours.... my sleeping pattern is official messed up

lol... I know that "sugar rush crash" all too well