RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bench Press vs. Dumbbell Press REPS

I have a question. I recently injured my elbow and I can no longer do a full chest workout and full tricep workout in the same week. I have the workouts spaced out so that there is 2-3 days between them for optimal rest for my elbow. If I work them both on the same day it puts too much stress on it for full workouts and I reinjure it.

My question is what is the main difference between barbell bench press and dumbbell bench press?

Would it be better for me to do barbell bench press for overal chest and tricep size? Or should I try to specialize more with dumbbell bench press?

Reps for good advice.

workofart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workofart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

bench press barbell vs dumbbell press

I prefer db presses because i can get a greater range of motion and each side works independently along with the smaller stabilizer muscles.Alot of times with the barbell the stronger side takes over in the movement.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    DB presses, due to multiple planes of movement, will activate an increasing number of stabilizers.

IMO, the bodybuilder can benefit more from DB presses. However, the best situation involves both movements.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Both are good exercises and can both be used, I do both bb and db presses on my chest day. I always seem to get a better pump in my chest from DB presses but I hear a bunch of people say BB presses are the best for mass and DB will work stabilizer muscles better. Doesnt mean DB isnt good for mass, just sayin what i see a lot of people posting. If you dont wanna do flat BB and DB you could always do flat BB with incline DB or vice versa. It all depends on how your body responds to each to give a better workout
    "Trust yourself, break some rules, don't be afraid to fail, ignore the naysayers, work like hell, and always give something back" Arnold Schwarzenegger

Vegetarian, before you ask where I get my protein do some research